Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf Pants

GolfSpy WD

I've always worn shorts, but since this time of year is traditionally good for buying clothes, I was looking at different deals for golf pants. I already have too many shirts and shorts. The cheap target stuff is around the same price as the name brand stuff right now.

My question is which brand do you prefer? I'm not really looking for loudmouth type pants, but don't mind some color. 

Sometimes I wander around ebay (cheap prices) and have picked up some nice Hugo Boss or Ralph Lauren pants or I will go and buy the material I like and go to a Italian tailor I know and get him to make me some pants. Cost is “roughly” about the same but the fit is better and it will be exactly what I'd like.

Sub70 is having a 70% off sale right now.  I have a pair of their pants and the quality/fit is great!  If you order any shirts I would recommend going up at least one size, maybe two.  They have a european fit so everything is a bit smaller than normal.  You can go with pretty standard black and grey or they have some great plaid pants as well.

MGS did a review on their stuff and both Tim and Dave loved it.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/sub70-clothing-reviews/

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I agree about sub 70. They can be a little tight though. I would also check out bonobos. Their stuff other than maide is not golf specific, but the fit is perfect. Best pants ever and they are running 30% off sale price and most of their sale pants are the brighter colors.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I have owned Puma, Travis Mathew, and Nike Pants. I don't like the Pumas and I never wear them. I'm not a fan of the feel and they faded. I own a black and grey pair of the Travis Mathews. They were pricey and I received them as gifts. The grey ones are fine but the black ones I'm not too impressed with. They have faded a lot and are turning brown so I wouldn't recommend them for the price. The Nike pants are my favorite. They weren't too bad of a price if I can remember and have held their black color well. Those will probably be my next pair whenever I make a purchase.

Bonobos (only if they're on sale) or Lululemon has great pants as well (only if on sale as well). Lulu and bonobos probably have the best golf pants I've ever worn and they usually go on sale this time of year. If you can find any Lulus in their deep red color, go for it. I own a couple pair of Lulu that I've found on ebay or in their stores for around $50/pair which is a lot better than their $120 retail price. Heck, just go into a Lulu store just for the scenery!

I hate spending $80 on puma, TM, and the likes. I second Whiskey's comments on the brands he mentioned. Not a fan of puma, TM, or adidas (fit is all wrong). I really like Under Armour, Oakley and the two I mentioned earlier.

Maybe hit up bunkerstyles.com or fairwaystyles.com for their sales. They have never disappointed me with prices and options.

That Sub70 sale is ridiculous! Post up if you know of any other big sales going on right now!

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Wound up ordering

http://www.sub70usa.com/store/pants/alvin-pants

and 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y1IF8Q/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

Was looking for something in plaid too, but I took the Puma suggestion to heart and didn't find any other good deals for 36Wx34L. Found some Greg Norman stuff, but not much else on sale.

When i looked on sub70 to order a pair they only provided a waist size for the Alvin's and not a length.  Did anyone else run into this.  I am interested in a getting a pair or two while the sale is still going on.  

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

When i looked on sub70 to order a pair they only provided a waist size for the Alvin's and not a length.  Did anyone else run into this.  I am interested in a getting a pair or two while the sale is still going on.  

Yeah, I'm just hoping it'll fit. They also had some really nice prices on Junior golf shirts, so I got a few of those. Worst case is I return the pants.

I was thinking the same thing if they showed up and were too short.  I was also hoping if anything they would be long and I could just get them tailored for a few extra bucks.  

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

the new sub 70 pants are unfinished. you get them hemmed to the length you want.

What's in my Bag:
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

You are welcome. I also think this is a nice feature because you can get your pants exactly like you want them. For instance, My length is 31, hardly anyone does pants that length. Also, you could get them cuffed, regular, or get the ever popular slits everyone likes right now.

What's in my Bag:

You are welcome. I also think this is a nice feature because you can get your pants exactly like you want them. For instance, My length is 31, hardly anyone does pants that length. Also, you could get them cuffed, regular, or get the ever popular slits everyone likes right now.

I agree. There's a tailor not far from me, so if they fit I'll be ordering more

WD, if you're still looking check out Chase54. They are the most comfortable pants I have worn on the course. They do run on the small side, btw.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Sales at Sub70 just got better if anyone was on the verge of buying something:

http://www.sub70usa.com/store

One week only.

Just got the email. Love their stuff as well.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

SUB 70 just went to 80% off.  I have 5 pairs of pants from them and they are the best I have ever worn.  Use them for work everyday.  I love the fit of the shirts as well. 

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

Just saw that as well, I'm considering both of the Alvin pants.  The only thing holding me back is I doubt I would have time to get them and then also get them hemmed before the TMaG trip.

I placed my order on Friday and apparently it was just delivered.

Not sure if they will get here in time, but I couldn't pass up the deal.  Ordered two pairs.

Those sub70 prices are amazing!  May be ordering a pair or two...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Just got off the phone with Chris O'Brien from Sub70, who is one of the co-owners. Because I bought my first order late last week and two days later it went on a bigger sale, they offered to refund the difference after I asked via email. 

He did so today, but accidentally refunded the entire order. So he had to give me a call to get my credit card info to charge me the correct price. We talked shortly and he grew up in North Reading, two towns over from where I live and is a Pats fan. He knew about MGS and overall seemed a good guy.

Gotta love dealing with small companies. You just don't get that level of service from the big guys.

Macy's sells their Greg Norman gear at ridiculous discounts in November & June.

I usually get 5 or 6 shirts at $15-$20 each rather than the $65 price Tag.

.....and they are very comfortable.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived