hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Where did the ST200 driver rank in all the ones you tried.

VERY close second. It was just too spinny for me. It felt/sounded AMAZING. It was also very consistent with ball flight/dispersion, but the spin was a consistent 800-ish RPMs higher than the TS2 for my swing. If I'm honest, the fact that I didn't walk out with the ST200 or the SpeedZone sort of gutted me, LOL. 

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 11.5 Project X Evenflow White 6.5

Woods: :mizuno-small: ST200 5 wood 18* Atmos Blue 5S Flex

Irons: :titelist-small: 718 AP2 5-PW / 718 T-MB 4i Project X 6.5

Wedges: :titelist-small: 718 AP2 50* Project X 6.5

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG2 54*/60* Project X 6.5

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 10

As a true club ho for the first time I've got that damn near perfect bag. The recent KE4 TC driver not withstanding I'm finding not a single need. With the KE4 filling the top spot in a spectacular way everything else seems just right.
I may just swap grips out to the CP2 Pro midsize and call it good for the year

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Popeye64 said:

As a true club ho for the first time I've got that damn near perfect bag. The recent KE4 TC driver not withstanding I'm finding not a single need. With the KE4 filling the top spot in a spectacular way everything else seems just right.
I may just swap grips out to the CP2 Pro midsize and call it good for the year

How are the new Xcaliber shafts treating you?

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
image.png.d3234685680a20916d0e53c90b4ba9b1.png KE4 Tour HDI 4 21°, 23° and 25° UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

How are the new Xcaliber shafts treating you?
Really well. The Tour X 85s are in my Hybrid and long irons. The driver shafts I have been swapping in a few different ones and cant decide which one will stay. I've had three in the new KE4 TC driver head. When I get home again I'll have a shaft shootout between the Pro TSL, Pro T6☆ and the Superlite55. Three completely different builds and feels. It will come down to dispersion. I hit all three well so it's a good problem to have.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, 03trdblack said:

Picked up the Maltby KE4 Tour TC driver from Golfworks. Wish drivers like this would be represented in the MGS driver test. 

What shaft are you going with?

PXG Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
Tour Edge HL3 3 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
Tour Edge Bazooka Platinum 4 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shaft
Tour Edge HL4 5-6 Ironwood w/UST for TE graphite shafts
Maltby KE4 Tour+ irons 7-GW w/UST Competiton Series graphite shafts
Gigagolf S2 52° and 56° wedges w/UST for Gigagolf graphite shafts
Tommy Armour Impact #3 putter

Bought 3 Wilson Staff shirts to wear when gaming my new D7 irons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Picked up a Bushnell Phantom GPS

• Like 6

Ping G410 LST 10.5º | Fujikura Ventus Black  6S 
TaylorMade SIM 3W 15º | Fujikura Ventus Black 7S
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 3 19º | Tensei CK Pro White Hybrid 90S
Srixon Z785 4-PW | Modus 3 Tour 125S
Titleist SM8 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 58.12 D | Modus 3 Wedge 125
Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I put $100 worth of gift cards to use yesterday and picked up a replacement for the 52 TM first gen milled grind. I wasn’t planning on going Vokey but it was the best of all I tried.

IMG_4334.JPG

• Like 5

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

12 hours ago, tehuti said:

What shaft are you going with?

Decided on the Kuro Kage Black HBP 60X.  Did some range testing yesterday and so far the results have been great.  Sound/feel of this club is fantastic and it has a great shape behind the ball. Sits nice and square which I like and I ended up configuring it to 9.25* and 60.5* lie angle on the adapter setting.

IMG_20200223_144357.thumb.jpg.83df9ebce87f634073e658d57c825e9a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

My bag is a revolving door!

Time to test it against the "made for" that came stock

8AA993E7-9271-433A-8936-24F46DDE6620.thumb.jpeg.d71d4e86bdccade8e8d984340671e78c.jpeg

Blue 6S if anyone was wondering

• Like 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Bought a dozen 2020 Bridgestone BX golf balls. The range was pretty empty and our performance center didn't have anyone in it, so I went in and hit 12 drivers with the BX and 12 with ProV1x. Taking out the longest and shortest (median 10) the BX was 2.1mph faster ball speed and had about 5% less spin. It ended up being 287 carry for the BX vs 283.5 carry for the ProV1x, but because of the less spin the total distance on the trackman went up over 9 yards with the BX.

Obviously a small sample size, but I'll do it again later this week and see if I get similar results. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, edingc said:

Scored a second 5-GW set of Maltby PTM Chrome Forged on eBay. I wasn't going to pull the trigger on them, but they were at a price that I couldn't pass up. They look to be in even better condition than the set I'm currently playing.

I will pull the shafts, which are KBS Tour 105s in regular flex, and probably put them in a set of .370 bore Hogan Edge CFTs I have in my basement before selling those. Not sure if the shafts are .355 or .370 - if they were built by Golfworks I think they'll be .370. Otherwise I may try to save the grips (which were listed as new) and then sell the shafts separately. Who knows? More a project for if I get bored in the next few weeks.

I will likely use the heads as an experiment for moving to graphite. Looking at SteelFibers i110s or the new KBS TGIs, probably the 100 gram option. I'm not getting any younger, and I want to head off any elbow or shoulder issues from excessive vibration. Practicing on mats all winter has been really hard on my right shoulder, especially, which already has plenty of wear and tear on it from playing baseball. If I ever do get a simulator for my garage, I will need a quality mat and graphite to help dampen the shock.

Since my coach has Trackman, I can build up a test club and compare everything to my current set with the C-Taper Lites pretty easily this summer.

Received these today, and man are they in perfect condition. Looks like they've hardly been hit! What a deal.

I may give these a go on the range as is just to see how they perform. The KBS Tours were on my Shaft Optimizer report, too, so I'm curious how they'll feel. They are roughly the same weight as my C-Taper Lites, so now I have to test.

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 13.4 (Last Updated June 2, 2020)

What's in my 2020 Sun Mountain Sync bag?

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Epic Flash, HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Black Star Sidewinder
3W: :mizuno-small: Mizuno GT 180, MRC Tensei White Stiff, Stock Mizuno/Golf Pride Tour Velvet
22° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra F8, AeroTech SteelFiber i95 Stiff, Black Star Sidewinder
5-GW: image.png.47d41317a1a558f00a2214a77fe46b6c.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff, Red Star Sidewinder
54°, 60°: image.png.47d41317a1a558f00a2214a77fe46b6c.png Maltby M-Series+, KBS 610 Stiff (54°), KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Regular (60°), Lamkin Crossline
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

2019 MGS Forum Tester - Callaway Epic Flash

Ordered another 5 dozen Snell MTB-X (high number)

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Flicker and Smugmug

So I got some annoying news this afternoon.

I ordered a pair of custom Vokey SM7 wedges through TGW two weeks ago. TGW contacted me today telling me the 58*M wedge is out of stock in LH. Now if they're gone, they're gone. There's nothing they can do about that. I just don't understand why it took two weeks in to the process for someone to tell me.

I'm learning ordering custom clubs through a big retailer like TGW or PGASS can be very frustrating. The time line from when you pay for your order to them processing it takes quite a while, at least a week it seems. The club manufacturer, in this case Titleist, aren't much better it seems.

I don't want to pick on Titleist here, but I also ordered a set of T300 irons BEFORE I ordered the Vokeys. The only customization was 2* flat. Everything else was stock. I ordered thru PGASS. I'm still waiting for the irons, I heard they "were being built today" and that would take 2 more days for them to ship.

Really? That's what you do. You make golf clubs, and it takes you two days to build a set of irons? It takes you and the PGASS two and a half weeks to get to the point when you're building them? C'mon, it's the end of February, and these clubs aren't a new, back ordered release.

Sorry to go on like this. It takes a lot to get me this frustrated. I just feel like for what I paid, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of effort being put into customer service here. That goes for both the communication and the delivery of product from the two stores, and Titleist to a lesser extent. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm old and I rarely yell at clouds.... so put up with me this once?

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 10.5* Bassara

:callaway-small: Rogue 15*  Quaranta 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash hybrids 18* & 21* Tensei Silver

:callaway-small: Rogue X 5-AW Tensei Silver 

:callaway-small: MD4 52* & 56*

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

:callaway-small: Fusion Zero 14 way stand bag

:EVNROLL: ER5 (on order) & :yes-small: Tracy putters will be sitting in a :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 bag, just waiting for the :odyssey-small: to misbehave.

11 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

So I got some annoying news this afternoon.

I ordered a pair of custom Vokey SM7 wedges through TGW two weeks ago. TGW contacted me today telling me the 58*M wedge is out of stock in LH. Now if they're gone, they're gone. There's nothing they can do about that. I just don't understand why it took two weeks in to the process for someone to tell me.

I'm learning ordering custom clubs through a big retailer like TGW or PGASS can be very frustrating. The time line from when you pay for your order to them processing it takes quite a while, at least a week it seems. The club manufacturers aren't much better it seems. I'll leave PING out of this rant because any time I've ordered with them, things moved quickly every time.

I don't want to pick on Titleist here, but I also ordered a set of T300 irons BEFORE I ordered the Vokeys. The only customization was 2* flat. Everything else was stock. I ordered thru PGASS. I'm still waiting for the irons, I heard they "were being built today" and that would take 2 more days for them to ship.

Really? That's what you do. You make golf clubs, and it takes you two days to build a set of irons? It takes you and the PGASS two and a half weeks to get to the point when you're building them? C'mon, it's the end of February, and these clubs aren't a new, back ordered release.

Sorry to go on like this. It takes a lot to get me this frustrated. I just feel like for what I paid, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of effort being put into customer service here. That goes for both the communication and the delivery of product process from the two stores, or Titleist to a lesser extent. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm old and I rarely yell at clouds.... so put up with me this once?

I've had great success with Discount Dan's, if you can cancel your order, give them a shot! 

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

17 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I've had great success with Discount Dan's, if you can cancel your order, give them a shot! 

I don't know how I screwed up my reply to you, Kory, but it's in the post below... 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

:EVNROLL: ER5 (on order) & :yes-small: Tracy putters will be sitting in a :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 bag, just waiting for the :odyssey-small: to misbehave.

I've heard so many good things about DD over the last few years, yet I've never dealt with them. It looks like I'm back in the market for wedges as of today, so thanks, I'll give them a try.

I did cancel the Vokeys with TGW when I couldn't get the 58*. Without it I didn't want the 52*. Maybe it's a little OCD, but I like to match my wedges. The irons should come within a week though, so I wouldn't feel right canceling the order this late in the process. It will be the last time I deal with a mega store like PGASS though. You don't save anything, and it's so impersonable dealing with them.

• Like 2

4400DB60-4491-4284-80E3-CEBEAA8B3113.thumb.png.fdec82fd73718385c7a4508fbae172a2.pngF801BDEF-317F-4FC2-8BBA-1445E64291EA.thumb.jpeg.01bf6fccea3d64f30638714a17636fb0.jpeg
Added the last few pieces to my vintage bag. I don’t know how in the world you guys learned how to play golf with these tiny things! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Review posted:  SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 "Tour Spec", Atmos Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3 &5, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide ES 56
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Just now, JohnSmalls said:

4400DB60-4491-4284-80E3-CEBEAA8B3113.thumb.png.fdec82fd73718385c7a4508fbae172a2.pngF801BDEF-317F-4FC2-8BBA-1445E64291EA.thumb.jpeg.01bf6fccea3d64f30638714a17636fb0.jpeg
Added the last few pieces to my vintage bag. I don’t know how in the world you guys learned how to play golf with these tiny things! 

...and they're Lefty. 👍 How cool are you????

• Like 3

These are going to look nice

IMG_4362.JPG

• Like 3

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY