Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Unofficial Review: Martini Tees

numberonecoog

It's product review time!!!!! Today I will be reviewing the Martini Tee. This product has been around since 2008.Its an American company that is based in Michigan. They have created a special resin that is "virtually unbreakable".They say virtually unbreakable because anything can happen. I have used these tees for 6 months and I think that's plenty of time to give you a great review.

20160221_204229.jpg

Pros:

As I stated above, I have been using these tees for 6 months now. The big point i want to make is the fact I have been using the same 3 tees for 6 months. That's right I have been using 3 tees for 6 months. I have been to the range twice a week and try to get out once a month. These things are indestructible. I saw these when I was working at Dick's Sporting Goods and wanted to give them a try. One of the things I never had before this was tees.l I hate buying them and always forgot about them. This led me to buying a bunch of 50 cent and 1 dollar bags of tees at the course. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones by the register for slackers like me.Another big thing for me is the size. I like that they are extra long and built for a larger driver.This is a great selling point. Also in regards to the size they are also very thick. It is very difficult to not see it after a drive. I tend to go out to the range when it is dark out. Anyone who has been to a lighted range will tell you it can be difficult to see things outside of the bright area. I have never lost a tee out on the range. They are thick and big enough for me to see it even when the lighting isn't great. Another thing that helps is the colors you can get them in. I have red grips,red head covers, red ball markers, and now red tees. They offer them in almost any color you can think of too. From bright yellow to white and anything in between.Since they are a little thicker I have also found it much easier to push the tee into the hard Texas ground. I also enjoy the fact the special resin doesn't mark up the bottom of my golf club. I recently teed up a ball with a white wood tee and the bottom of my club had a giant mark across the bottom of it. As far as performance goes I have enjoyed a more consistent tee height. The Martini Tee website promises performance gains in terms of distance. I haven't really seen any performance gains but if I am being honest I also was not looking for it. I do not believe a tee can give me an extra 10 yards. I have never ever really bought the hype most plastic tees provide.

Cons:

This tee has two major cons. The first being the cost of these tees. For a 5 pack of these tees you are looking at $6.50 plus shipping. I bought these when I needed some extra money to get me to free shipping on Amazon. (yes, I have a Prime account. The item I needed didn't qualify) I had wanted to try these and decided to give it a go. Like I said they are steep. Another problem I have found is they go into the ground easy but then stop pretty quickly as well. I cant really use these on a Par 3. This is a little annoying. One thing I will give Martini credit for is the fact they have come out with a 2 inch tee for this very problem.

20160221_203953.jpg

Conclusion:

I know these tees can be expensive. 8 bucks for 5 tees is crazy. I also want you to think about the amount of tees you have broken the past 6 months. Also think about how much you have spent on tees in the last 6 months. In that time I have lost 0 tees and have broken 0 tees. This product is worth it. It may sound crazy but this has actually helped me enjoy the game more. I no longer have to stop at the store to grab tees or burn a dollar at the register. I also only have to carry 3 tees. This saves me a ton of space in the golf bag. This may very well be one of the few times where marketing materials speak the truth. Go buy these tees. They provide great consistency and they are truly unbreakable.

Final Score: 95

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Here's a thought:

Wooden tees cost around 100 times less - i.e. you can get around 500 tees for the same price as 5 of the Martini tees.

In the time it takes you to break or get through 500 wooden tees (and you will eventually) you would have also probably lost the 5 original Martini tees, plus another 5 packs probably. Advantage zero from a cost standpoint for the overpriced Martini's. 

Broken wooden tees can be used on par 3's. And they're biodegradable. And cheaper. And come in more colours. And more lengths. 

I also have regular plastic tees that are also unbreakable and cost considerably less than the Martini's and I've had the same 5 or 6 in my bag for the past 5 years or so. I also find at least 10 perfectly usable tees on the course each time I play golf.

I really don't think I'm burning any more dollar or wasting a huge amount of bag space by not using yet another overpriced solution to a problem that hasn't really existed singe the first tee peg was invented.

I would say don't buy the Martini's and carry on playing golf.

Hey coog.... I appreciate your review. At least it's something new to look at and think about today. Howeverrrr....

I'm not about to drop a penny on a Martini tee. I don't even like the look of them. In my opinion tees are free. At my club there is a large bowl next to the scorecard box chock full of tees. Help yourself. Elsewhere you can even find more free tees laying about....on just about any course. Personally I prefer good ole fashion white wooden tees.

If I can find one of my plastic "naked lady" tees I'll post a review.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hey coog.... I appreciate your review. At least it's something new to look at and think about today. Howeverrrr....

I'm not about to drop a penny on a Martini tee. I don't even like the look of them. In my opinion tees are free. At my club there is a large bowl next to the scorecard box chock full of tees. Help yourself. Elsewhere you can even find more free tees laying about....on just about any course. Personally I prefer good ole fashion white wooden tees.

If I can find one of my plastic "naked lady" tees I'll post a review.

If I played at a course that offered up free tees yes the problem would be a whole lot easier to solve. Alas I havent found that course that falls even close to a price I can afford. 

Huntingforbirdies.com

Here's a thought:

Wooden tees cost around 100 times less - i.e. you can get around 500 tees for the same price as 5 of the Martini tees.

In the time it takes you to break or get through 500 wooden tees (and you will eventually) you would have also probably lost the 5 original Martini tees, plus another 5 packs probably. Advantage zero from a cost standpoint for the overpriced Martini's. 

Broken wooden tees can be used on par 3's. And they're biodegradable. And cheaper. And come in more colours. And more lengths. 

I also have regular plastic tees that are also unbreakable and cost considerably less than the Martini's and I've had the same 5 or 6 in my bag for the past 5 years or so. I also find at least 10 perfectly usable tees on the course each time I play golf.

I really don't think I'm burning any more dollar or wasting a huge amount of bag space by not using yet another overpriced solution to a problem that hasn't really existed singe the first tee peg was invented.

I would say don't buy the Martini's and carry on playing golf.

Are golf tees the biggest problem in the world of golf? No not at all. One thing I can say though is this tee is a better tee. I literally havent lost one in 6 months. I havent broken one in 6 months. I have the same 3 tees I started with. Its a good quality product. I never said plain tees are bad I just like the fact I can use the same tee for 6 months. I have gotten 5 people on the Martini Tee train since purchase. Keep playing with your wooden tee. Between how many shots I take on the range and the course I tend to break wooden tees on almost every drive I hit. That adds up to a lot of tees. I can solve this problem by having the same 3 tees for 6 months. I also find it quite hard to believe youve had the same 5 tees in your golf bag for 5 years or so. I also clearly said I hate buying golf tees. I never remember how many I have or if I have enough to get me through the round. Rather than having to remember that I remember that I have the same 3 tees ive had for 6 months. If you do actually mamage to keep your tees for 5 years then good on you. This product isnt for you but for the average golfer who hates buying tees like I do and never remembers how many they have then its a good product.

Huntingforbirdies.com

Here's a thought:

It looks like i can actually get 10 Martini tees for the price of 500 wood tees

martini.png

wood.png

I play these tees from time to time because of how durable they are for me. I personally don't like having to get a new tee out for every tee shot. And these are longer than most I can find in the store so I can tee it up to where I like as well.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

When I play wooden tees, I pick up my tee and maybe another one occasionally.  I don't break many wooden tees, so at the end of a round I have 6-8 tees in my pocket so they go in the bag.  About twice a year I empty my bag of tees and have a hundred or so.  I have never bought wooden tees.  I don't use the Martini tee but my wife does.  She loves them; they don't break; colors are nice but she has lost several particularly in the fall when the leaves fall.  

I will add that if you play Martini tees, you should angle the tee forward as fall as it will go and still keep a ball on it.  An LPGA pro showed this to my wife saying that doing so adds distance.  I'm not sure, but my wife believes it.  She does get a lot of roll.  Give it a try.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I like these tees a lot but I will never pay for tees. NEVER. MYGOLFSPY kindly gave me some martini tees last year and of the 5 pack I have 1 left. Lost 1, broke 3 and still have 1. So they are definitely breakable. With that said it's still my favorite tee I've used. Still won't pay for them though :)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Martini tees are awesome! I've never used one, but carried them in my shop from 2008-2014 and they killed it. Not only are the virtually unbreakable and difficult to lose, but people love them because of how easy it is to tee the ball up. I know most of you probably don't have that problem, but if you've ever watched a beginner or a senior who has the shakes try and tee a ball up you understand why this tee works so well.

Good review!

I've played Martini tees for years I like that they are hard to break, but I do break them. I also always play the pink ones they are easy to spot. My Minnesota course sold them for $1 each. But now i find them online since I moved to Wisconsin. Also received a 5 pack from MGS. These are my driver tee of choice. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

You guys that break them, you might try leaning it as far forward as possible and still hold a ball. It cuts down the tee height a little bit, but it might help.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I got a 5 pack as a prize here at MGS and I'm still playing the first one I took out of the bag.  Since I've got an indoor practice setup I already had A LOT of tees on hand, but I always use the Martini tee for my driver.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I use Martini tees.  I maybe lose/break one a season.  I only use them with driver though, anything else, I just pick up a broken tee on the box.

I should have prolly clarified that I do the same thing. All 3 I broke were with my driver. I use broken tees for non driver tee shots.

You guys that break them, you might try leaning it as far forward as possible and still hold a ball. It cuts down the tee height a little bit, but it might help.

I do this. Maybe the 3 I broke were a bad batch or something. All snapped at the very base of the martini cup part of the tee.

I've never tried them, probably never will, they look petty tacky, lime something I would buy for a gag golf gift. it's like other things in golf, if they work for you, then use them. I won't no matter how good others say they are.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I have seen several guys in our Saturday Game using them, but have not yet tried them....My Tee of choice for my Driver has been the Firecracker Tee. Still have 3 left.

s-l500.jpg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

Dunno if the tee gave me anything extra other than I didn't break it or lose it today. But I tried it and I liked it. And I like the various colors lol

It has found a home in my bag from now on.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I'm an epoch tee guy myself. These things are awesome and very similar. I carry one long and one short tee in my pocket per round and virtually never lose them. I bought three bags about four years ago and still have 95% of them. Plastic tees are pretty convenient! Plus, mine have lines on them so I can just tee to the same marking each time and it's super easy to have a consistent tee height!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• 1 year later...

Well, I found three Martini tees recently, now I have been using them and they are great for drives! If you tilt the tee towards the fairway you are guaranteed to get longer drives.......at least about an inch longer!....LOL

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Well, I found three Martini tees recently, now I have been using them and they are great for drives! If you tilt the tee towards the fairway you are guaranteed to get longer drives.......at least about an inch longer!....LOL

Ha ha ha... Nice! :)

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Thats gotta be the difference between a 6 and a 7 iron into the green. 

Huntingforbirdies.com

Found another one on Monday. I now have 4...should have a whole bag by June....LOL

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Found another one on Monday. I now have 4...should have a whole bag by June....LOL

Those puppies ain't cheap either! :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Foz, might be time for you to open shop. Lostgolftees.com?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I break/lose so many that buying expensive tees isn't in the picture. Same reason why I put away the Pro V when I'm going over water.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel