Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Probably sounds weird, but experimenting with different putter weights by fiddling with warmup swing donuts.

Nothing fancy...literally just held a 145g donut between my upper and lower hands to see how my putting stroke changed with more weight at the top. Eventually added a second donut to the bottom (just dropped it down to the club head like a normal warmup weight) and tried hitting putts with both donuts. Definitely a bit odd because it obstructed part of the face, but...hey, forced me to be more accurate and the goal was just to get some information on feel. Hit probably ~40-50 putts in each configuration from 5-6 feet on my PuttOut matt with the ramp target at the end. Ended up being really useful, even if it was weird to hit putts while avoiding a swing donut hanging over the putter face. Stroke was more stable, could actually feel myself using my shoulders instead of wrist/arm, I had to do far less to get the ball rolling straight, etc. 

For context, my putter is a stupid old Golf Works Accu-Site ACS-9 that I found back in college for $1 at Goodwill and for some reason have never gotten around to changing. Better late than never. 

Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5*

5 Wood: TaylorMade Burner 18*

3h/4h: Adams IdeaTech A4 19*/22*

Irons: Cobra Forged Tec (5-P)

Wedges: Cobra Forged Tec 50*, Vokey SM7 M Grind 54*/60*

Putter: $1 GolfWorks ACS-9

8 hours ago, APFA2315 said:

Probably sounds weird, but experimenting with different putter weights by fiddling with warmup swing donuts.

Nothing fancy...literally just held a 145g donut between my upper and lower hands to see how my putting stroke changed with more weight at the top. Eventually added a second donut to the bottom (just dropped it down to the club head like a normal warmup weight) and tried hitting putts with both donuts. Definitely a bit odd because it obstructed part of the face, but...hey, forced me to be more accurate and the goal was just to get some information on feel. Hit probably ~40-50 putts in each configuration from 5-6 feet on my PuttOut matt with the ramp target at the end. Ended up being really useful, even if it was weird to hit putts while avoiding a swing donut hanging over the putter face. Stroke was more stable, could actually feel myself using my shoulders instead of wrist/arm, I had to do far less to get the ball rolling straight, etc. 

For context, my putter is a stupid old Golf Works Accu-Site ACS-9 that I found back in college for $1 at Goodwill and for some reason have never gotten around to changing. Better late than never. 

If you want to experiment with heavy putters, look for used Boccieri Heavy Putters.  I have one that I used for many years; found it in a used bin at a store.  The heavy weight does straighten out your stroke at the bottom of the arc; works best for short putts.  However, I had poor control of long putts, so I suggest you try putts over 15-20'.  I gave up that putter when I was fitted at Ping HQ with a counterweight Sigma 2; best putter I have ever used.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had another indoor lesson yesterday where we worked on applying some of the good stuff we've been going over -- the instructor set up a green on the sim with a forced carry over water to a flag at 103 yds with a 6 mph headwind .. ie. I had to hit a solid shot to get onto the green.

Hit maybe 80-90 balls and drowned 9-10 of them .. so say that's somewhere around an 87.5-90% success rate. Def a big improvement over this time a year ago.

A few other balls were short, but dry!, and a bunch exhibit my typical short-right to long-left pattern but .. a good number were on-line and in a decent enough position on the green...

20221214_101031.jpg.96b684ca68c8a0bafcb01d182656365c.jpg

Left on a good note = last shot stayed right on the flag and ended just inches short (a virtual kick-in 😄)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

49 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

a bunch exhibit my typical short-right to long-left pattern but ..

Sounds like a great day if practice.    I highlighted the word my in your summary to say that is a typical miss pattern for a right handed golfer.   Not just you.   😁.    Just shows that when plann8ng what club to hit you need to account for this misses since they are part of our shot pattern and aim at the right target. 

Keep it up! 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Just shows that when plannng what club to hit you need to account for this misses since they are part of our shot pattern and aim at the right target. 

... Great suggestion and excellent teaching moment. If there is no trouble right you can aim where you think best. But if there is trouble right, you should aim for the left side of the green. Hit it where you aim and you have a long birdie putt depending on pin location. Hit it right of your aim and you have a closer birdie putt. Hit a poor shot further right and you are on the right fringe. But from 100 yds it takes a really bad shot to bring the trouble into play if you aim left. 

... It really is one of the differences between a low index and a mid/high index. Taking your miss into account and planning where to hit the ball with every approach shot. I play with so many that just go at every flag and sooner rather than later, it results in unnecessary dropped shots they could have avoided by not aiming at the flag. On my best swinging days I will go at most every flag with the exception of the sucker pins. But for most rounds I am picking a spot on the green and many times it isn't the flag. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Great suggestion and excellent teaching moment. If there is no trouble right you can aim where you think best. But if there is trouble right, you should aim for the left side of the green. Hit it where you aim and you have a long birdie putt depending on pin location. Hit it right of your aim and you have a closer birdie putt. Hit a poor shot further right and you are on the right fringe. But from 100 yds it takes a really bad shot to bring the trouble into play if you aim left. 

Amen, this is in absolute agreement with Broadie's Every Shot Counts, strokes gained evaluations, and recommendations from systems like Decade and Lowest Score Wins.  Shot planning HAS to take into account a player's skill level, the width of his shot patterns, the location of really bad troubles.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... It really is one of the differences between a low index and a mid/high index. Taking your miss into account and planning where to hit the ball with every approach shot. I play with so many that just go at every flag and sooner rather than later, it results in unnecessary dropped shots they could have avoided by not aiming at the flag. On my best swinging days I will go at most every flag with the exception of the sucker pins. But for most rounds I am picking a spot on the green and many times it isn't the flag. 

For me a big part of it is recognizing that my miss isn't consistent through the bag, and planning my shots accordingly. With longer clubs my miss is a cut, but with shorter clubs it's a pull (9-iron is about where that switches over for me). So even if the pin is dead center of the green with no trouble anywhere, I'm aiming 5 yards right of the pin on a 130-yard shot, and 5 yards left of the pin on a 165-yard shot. That way the pin remains in the center of my typical dispersion.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

4 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

For me a big part of it is recognizing that my miss isn't consistent through the bag, and planning my shots accordingly. With longer clubs my miss is a cut, but with shorter clubs it's a pull (9-iron is about where that switches over for me). So even if the pin is dead center of the green with no trouble anywhere, I'm aiming 5 yards right of the pin on a 130-yard shot, and 5 yards left of the pin on a 165-yard shot. That way the pin remains in the center of my typical dispersion.

But the question is should you always be centering your dispersion over the pin?  How wide is your dispersion pattern with each club?   I personally wouldn't call your shot shape a "miss" just your normal ball flight.   If the pin is near trouble,  do you still aim at the pin?  Scott Fawcett would say that your dispersion pattern is like a shotgun and you have no idea where each shot will end up.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Sounds like a great day if practice.    I highlighted the word my in your summary to say that is a typical miss pattern for a right handed golfer.   Not just you.   😁.    Just shows that when plann8ng what club to hit you need to account for this misses since they are part of our shot pattern and aim at the right target. 

Keep it up! 

Thx! Wasn't sure if that dispersion pattern was typical or not .. and didn't want to assume 😉 ... but working working on trying to tighten that up!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

10 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Wow, what a great way to practice!! Out of curiosity what did you add for the 6mph headwinds, also did you measure to the front of the green as well? 

This was at a GolfTec center where they use Foresight LMs - the instructor set this up, using a part of the sim software that lets you choose options for environment variables.

He didn't give me the yardage to the front, but it can be measured/read on the screen. He has in other exercises like this we've run, but this time it was supposed to be full-ish shots to the center of the green.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 12/14/2022 at 9:22 AM, Kenny B said:

If you want to experiment with heavy putters, look for used Boccieri Heavy Putters.  I have one that I used for many years; found it in a used bin at a store.  The heavy weight does straighten out your stroke at the bottom of the arc; works best for short putts.  However, I had poor control of long putts, so I suggest you try putts over 15-20'.  I gave up that putter when I was fitted at Ping HQ with a counterweight Sigma 2; best putter I have ever used.

Thanks for the suggestion - will have to look that up. I’ve been meaning to try out one of the Wilson Staff Infinite putters or something similar.

Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5*

5 Wood: TaylorMade Burner 18*

3h/4h: Adams IdeaTech A4 19*/22*

Irons: Cobra Forged Tec (5-P)

Wedges: Cobra Forged Tec 50*, Vokey SM7 M Grind 54*/60*

Putter: $1 GolfWorks ACS-9

Worked on low point control outside with my four iron and 58*. Working on getting more pressure on my lead side in downswing. With my swing work this past year my low point has moved back a bit and I far a lot of my longer clubs. Also worked on some iron speed with the TXG drill of waggling. Those actually were the most forward in low point than when I took my normal swings or my slow motion swings. Need to focus on that the next couple months and see if I can translate that to the course. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

First lesson of the offseason (and first since August) is scheduled for tomorrow. Thinking I want to spend some time on wedges, especially partial wedges, as that is a weak spot of mine.

Full swings have been coming along pretty nicely. Spent 90 minutes in the garage last night. Still struggle with the occasional overdraw when I get stuck on my backside a little too much.

Driver has gone from a slight fade to a slight draw with just one tweak. On Saturday, I noticed that when I rehearsed going to P2/shaft parallel with the driver that the face was open. I tweaked my hold on the club to get the face more square/slightly closed and that has made a world of difference!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Nice to be back on Switzerland and have some decent weather. Very wet still, but at least able to work on some swing changes with dry swings.

Ranges are open, but for my own sanity I'm going to wait till the new year before I go.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 12/20/2022 at 9:26 AM, edingc said:

First lesson of the offseason (and first since August) is scheduled for tomorrow. Thinking I want to spend some time on wedges, especially partial wedges, as that is a weak spot of mine.

How'd the lesson go?

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

6 hours ago, Marty Reymann said:

I workout on the Nitroswing almost every day, my swing keeps getting better and faster all year rotund

Doesn't look like the videos attached.  I'd love to see, though, if you get a chance to try again

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

8 hours ago, Marty Reymann said:

I workout on the Nitroswing almost every day, my swing keeps getting better and faster all year rotund

2 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Doesn't look like the videos attached.  I'd love to see, though, if you get a chance to try again

Yeah was gonna mention that also.

In another thread @cnosil provided a link to Marty's Twitter where there a few short clips of students using it...

https://twitter.com/breakingbadgolf

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

13 hours ago, Samsonite said:

How'd the lesson go?

Good! I wrote about it over in my work in progress thread, but the basics is that I'm still working on club face stability through impact. I tend to over rotate the face and hit hooks and overdraws. 

I was able to get in the garage yesterday before the storm hit and work on the tweaks we made. Some good, some bad. My strike moved in towards the heel a bit and as a result my efficiency went down and I had quite a few nasty shanks. Hopefully that will sort itself out. Good example swing with a wedge below, tightened up backswing with a more across the chest finish.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Got out to my local course yesterday to use their indoor Full Swing Sims.  While we "played", I just can't call it playing so I'll stick with practice.

I hadn't played any real golf since mid November and only did one other simulator time in early December.  Basically, I was not expecting much in terms of contact or my swing in general.

However, I hit my driver great.  Probably the best I've done in this simulator, which would be about the 10th time now.  Chipping was a different story, but I don't really amount the simulated environment for chipping/pitching.  Some fat iron shots here and there, but was really please with how the swing felt. 

Going to keep at it every couple weeks to try and keep my swing speed up and contact strong.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I spent a little bit of time in the kitchen working with my PuttOut. I was hoping to get a perfect putt from all distances, but after 127 putts from 1-4 feet, decided to call it a day. 

I did notice a bit of a push bias to my putts that I'm going to have to work on. I didn't outright miss many, but they were hitting the circle then rolling off the back. 

I will say it felt good to be doing something golf related after a month of being sidelined with the kidney stone. Hopefully I can get out to the range tomorrow or Wednesday, it's supposed to warm up. 

50 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I will say it felt good to be doing something golf related after a month of being sidelined with the kidney stone. Hopefully I can get out to the range tomorrow or Wednesday, it's supposed to warm up. 

Kidney stone?  Oof.  I feel for ya, and after that you deserve some decent weather for range time.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

10 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Kidney stone?  Oof.  I feel for ya, and after that you deserve some decent weather for range time.

I appreciate it! They're pretty miserable and I highly recommend not getting them. Don't know how the range session will go, but I don't care right now, I'll be in paradise out there just hitting some.

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate it! They're pretty miserable and I highly recommend not getting them. Don't know how the range session will go, but I don't care right now, I'll be in paradise out there just hitting some.

I know the feeling.  I finally got my mat and net set up in the garage and spent some time hitting an 8 iron with some intent, as opposed to the more halfhearted swings of the past couple weeks.  

Then I pulled 2 iron and winged the garage door opener again, so Owen and I are trying to brainstorm other solutions.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

9 minutes ago, JerryB said:

I know the feeling.  I finally got my mat and net set up in the garage and spent some time hitting an 8 iron with some intent, as opposed to the more halfhearted swings of the past couple weeks.  

Then I pulled 2 iron and winged the garage door opener again, so Owen and I are trying to brainstorm other solutions.

Hopefully you can come up with something, it would suck to damage it. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hopefully you can come up with something, it would suck to damage it. 

That's almost exactly what my wife said, although there was just a touch of menace in her voice.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

16 hours ago, JerryB said:

winged the garage door opener

I ended up just taking mine down (the motor and the guide rail, not the ceiling or door mounts) it was reasonably easy enough.

* One tip, though - take some tape and a sharpie and mark each wire connection .. twice = once on the wire and once on the connector terminal on the opener.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg