Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

20 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Also - bought 2 bags of sand, dumped in the yard and am doing some 'bunker' practice. Need to feel the club hit the sand first and pop the ball out. I rarely get a chance to practice that at the range I go to.

Try to throw a tarp over the sand when you're not using it. I have had a few greens over the years with a sand trap. For some reason all the wildlife believes it to be their personal litter box. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Practice today was ok still surprised I'm hitting the long clubs better than my 7 iron, came home and adjusted the lie this arvo on 2 7 irons + 4iron and hoping it's about 2deg flat . If it's not raining I can have a hit tomorrow and find out, fingers crossed as it's my 1st time...

Edited by Bang60
Missed info

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I went out last night and hit balls for about 20 minutes. I took some DTL and face on videos because i think i'm going to try out a coach on skillest to try and clean up my swing. 

After i got my videos i spent time trying to go back and forth between drawing and fading balls to the same target. Something i've never really practiced but it was fun and i think helpful really learning some club face awareness.

After that i chipped and pitched for about an hour. I think i can save a ton of shots cleaning up my short game, so the plan is to continue short game sessions at least once a week if i can. 

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

On Sunday, I played a round of golf and ended up shooting 9 over par. Things were looking promising at the beginning with a solid +1 37 on the front nine. I was on track to achieve my personal best, but unfortunately, my game took a turn for the worse when I hit three consecutive wayward tee shots, which resulted in a discouraging 7 over par 3-hole stretch.

While it was both frustrating and exciting to experience such a rollercoaster round, I'm proud of myself for overcoming the rough patch and ending on a strong note. This round marked my best score of the season so far, but I can't help but think about what could have been. Nevertheless, that lingering feeling of missed opportunities is what drives me to keep coming back to the game.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

16 minutes ago, DeBartola_B said:

On Sunday, I played a round of golf and ended up shooting 9 over par. Things were looking promising at the beginning with a solid +1 37 on the front nine. I was on track to achieve my personal best, but unfortunately, my game took a turn for the worse when I hit three consecutive wayward tee shots, which resulted in a discouraging 7 over par 3-hole stretch.

While it was both frustrating and exciting to experience such a rollercoaster round, I'm proud of myself for overcoming the rough patch and ending on a strong note. This round marked my best score of the season so far, but I can't help but think about what could have been. Nevertheless, that lingering feeling of missed opportunities is what drives me to keep coming back to the game.

As disappointing as some of those rounds are, i'm always proud of myself for staying "in" the round and trying to turn it around a little bit. If i have a few bad holes I have a tendency to kind of check out, but I'm working on staying present and just playing the next shot. 

Think you really improve when you still grind it out despite not having your best stuff on the day

Edited by Charles Lechair

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

Super Speed training session 1 today. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

43 minutes ago, Charles Lechair said:

As disappointing as some of those rounds are, i'm always proud of myself for staying "in" the round and trying to turn it around a little bit. If i have a few bad holes I have a tendency to kind of check out, but I'm working on staying present and just playing the next shot. 

Think you really improve when you still grind it out despite not having your best stuff on the day

For sure, the hope is proving to yourself you can turn it around will make the bad holes turn into maybe just a bad shot.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

I hit a small bucket this morning before work, almost exclusively focused on my shoulder turn in the backswing. My driver was a bit off, but irons and wedges were pretty good for not having been out very much this season yet. I mostly just picked various flags as my targets and my primary thought was rotating my rear shoulder and letting my wallet pocket rotate freely as well as part of the backswing, and just sending the ball to my target. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Just worked on hitting some knockdown approach shots, hit through a large bucket of balls just aiming at all the shorter flags and trying to get a better sense of the flight path and distance with different clubs while trying to hit some low flighted run up shots when dealing with strong cross winds

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

19 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Practice today was ok still surprised I'm hitting the long clubs better than my 7 iron, came home and adjusted the lie this arvo on 2 7 irons + 4iron and hoping it's about 2deg flat . If it's not raining I can have a hit tomorrow and find out, fingers crossed as it's my 1st time...

WOW I'm so good unbelievable HOW good, so back to reality lol the Mizuno ladies flex T-Zoid 7 iron performs v-good straight but the Mizuno MP57 7iron not as long but it's got a super light stiff steel shaft and feels a tad heavier. The T200 4iron slight improvement but needs more bending flatter still and could be a keeper, the T-Zoid from 135metres to the front landed 2metres short and run about 3 metres onto the green 2metres short of the Pin. It's a great feeling to be vindicated and know I'm getting better at Tinkering with my own clubs, so lots more tinkering in my future...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Driving and iron play more consistent but my putting and short game sucks 

Did some practice and review after my round 

Recalling What has worked for me    Matching the shaft of the putter/chipper with my right forearm I can start the ball online and good to get the ball rolling immediately. Great for uphill putts /uphill chips /slowish greens 

What I’m still having problems is with breaking putts and downhill chips /speedy greens  

Experimenting with different methods to line the putter/chipper shaft above or below my left forearm and then lining up my right forearm

I just cannot line up my left forearm to the putter shaft    I prefer my right forearm to be the one that lines up 

Yesterday (5/31/23) in between doctors appointments I went to the local course and worked on chipping and putting,then went to the range and went through the bag hitting 3/4 shots with irons first. Primary on stance,posture and tempo.Then hitting driver and then returning to some of the irons full swing. I normally take thee irons and driver for practice or wedges and putter. 

Tuesday and Thursday practices are committed to ZEN golf.  I start Tuesdays with SuperSpeed training, then work on my mechanics in slow motion drills (1 min swing).  Then I break down my swing to different steps to verify I am in the positions I want to be in.

Thursdays are similar, just no SuperSpeed training.  I will hit balls on Fridays

Ken "Cruise" Mancini

Local golf course range is under 220 yards, so irons only and maybe 7 wood if wind is blowing in.  

Just working on hitting middle of irons as primary goal, which for me is focusing on good tempo.  Only using PW, 7i and 4i for practice.

Secondary goal is swing path and face to target.  I have gotten a little too fadey on my swing this year and need to get back inside path on impact.  I haven't been a slicer since I was in middle school and it is driving me crazy.  

Then 3-5 foot putts

Basic sand shots

Basic pitches within 10-20 yards of the green

Rinse and repeat this week several times

:cobra-small: LTDx 9 degree driver HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 gr 6.0

:cobra-small: LTDx 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke IM10 Green 60 gr 6.0

:callaway-small:Callaway Apex UW 19 degree HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 5.5

:Takomo:Takomo 101T 4 to PW KBS Tour regular

:wilson_staff_small:Wilson Staff 50 degree Gap

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 54.12D Sand and all-around the green

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 58.12D lob and sand

:nevercompromise-small: Voodoo

:maxfli:Maxfli TourX

Really been trying to hone in my iron game, we fixed a few things last week with a lesson. Working on setting my hands forward to help with shallowing out the club helping with a negative attack angle vs mine previously being close to neutral. The problem is I used to set my weight/hips forward to help with weight transfer and it's caused me to have a small push fade, plus it was a lot of moving parts for me to time up at the same time. Took out the weight transfer at setup and strikes are back to solid and on line more consistently. Working with the driver today on quality strikes. Right now it's and all or non on the course, its bombed or it's terrible. A lot of it has to do with the swing, I know I stay under the plane with my driver and it's what helps me to get to an upward attack angle and also improve my club path. Tempo can be very bad with the disco stick at times.

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I had a 9-hole playing lesson on Tuesday, where we played from the red tees so that we could work on our scoring clubs (8i - SW). The session revealed what I already had been experiencing this year:  my half-pitches were killing me, shots from 40-80 yards out. I had 5 such shots and I actually missed the green on two of them and left myself more that 40-foot putts on two others. The problem was a lack of commitment to the club and shot choice in those instances. So today, rather than hitting full shots I plan on working exclusively on dialing in my pitches. Based on my experience this will likely be something close to the following:  40 yards (carry)  = 9 o'clock swing with my 54; 50 yards = 10'clock w/54; 60 yards = 10 o'clock w/GW; 70 yards = 10 o'clock with PW. With the exception of the 40-yard swing, I prefer to dial in distances with a consistent 10'clock swing using different clubs rather using one club and varying the swing length because I think it can be more repeatable and consistent. 

Ping G400 Driver, Ping G410 3W & 5W, Cobra King F9 4h, Cobra King F9 irons (5 - GW), Cleveland CBX Wedges (54* and 60*), Odyssey Toe Up 1 Putter

Played 9-holes at Pinecrest (Richmond, RI) today. 

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Rode for the second time this week with my instructor.  He has been working with me on the courses on my short game which is very bipolar.  Have been loosing at least ten strokes a round in this area.  Think we might have found one area that might have been causing the problem.  Might be a tad bit closed.  Came together on the very last hole yesterday.  This six month layoff has really hurt my short game.  Still having back pain, which does not afford me the amount of time I would like practicing.  Most of my down time is being spent working on strengthen machines to develop my core and my lower back so I can actually play.  Not over doing it.  As my physical therapist says that challenge me in repetition.  No heavy weights or workouts that put a lot of strain on the back.  Guess it is all about retraining my body and the short game is the last to catch up.  Want it to be ready for the new T350s when they are released this fall.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Just had a two hour practice session (what!?!).

Range. With no driver, the focus today was on long irons. Pressure board work. Slow rehearsals and swings with various feels (Palmer rotation from top to shaft parallel, then move club up 1" and rotate through, Also some 25 and 50% speed swings). Also did a two ball drill where i set up to the outside ball, and try to hit the inside ball. This drill left lots of good feelings and results. After that focus on experimental practice. Trying to purposely hit different shapes with 4i and 5i. Took some shots purposefully out of divots. Learned i either need to club down or swing softer. Then some 5i work off the tee as I struggled with that Saturday. Lastly, there were some range balls on the downslope of the grass and I just worked on hitting shots from that position.

Putting green. Found a drill in golf digest for distance putting. The spiral drill. I had 7 balls at varying distance from 6' to 40'. When i started from the short distance, my distance control was pretty good. When I started from long distance, a lot more were left short. Went back to heads up putting and I think that is where i will stay. Got many more balls closer to the hole, which is what i need to do. After that I played two rounds of around the world from 6-12 ft. Made 40-50% of my balls, which is a big net positive for me.

Chipping green. Shared it with another golfer but he was using up two of the three pins (ugh). Worked on chips from rough and apron with 54 and 58 and then soft pitches with both clubs from just the apron. Then alternated pins once other golfer left for variability practice on pitches.

Pitching Area. Bunker play. Spent ten minutes just working on getting the ball out. Listened to a Hack it Out episode and it hit me, you need speed to get out of bunkers. I will say, i was 100% in this today with my 54 and 58. Once I get more comfortable, then more fine tuning on distance work. Lastly, finished off with some pitching practice with my 54 and 58, aiming at different target. The last 3 rounds, 1 was from ~45 yards with my 54 from rough, working on high and low pitches. The last two were alternating my 54 and 58 working on hi and low to different targets.

Overall, one of my best practice sessions I have had.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

yesterday was all swinging a club. last time I played, it was in a scramble about 10 days ago (it's been raining a lot in NC), and I was essentially trying to swing too hard on drives, etc. Felt good to get loose, film my swing, and actually hit it more consistent than I had been. Maybe, since I wasn't trying for targets, most clubs were hit pretty good

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

At 73, my first priority is strength and stretching routine. My drives were down to 180-190. Even the forward tees would be difficult to get a GIR. Taking this seriously 4-6 times weekly, I can routinely get 200-230 with the occasional 240+ bomb. As well as resolve knee, hip, and back pain/discomfort in the rest of my life. I’ve worked hard on putting, and getting better at chipping. My kryptonite is downhill lies and bunkers No consistency at all. The longer drives allows more iron use, but score changes need fewer 2nd shots going awry. 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

Range work for 2 hours, went through the bag with full swings, then to the bunker finally ended with chipping and putting.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

Good practice today.  It was on the range, but I have to credit the LAB putting test for helping me identify a problem in my game -- alignment and variance in setup.   It's been affecting every aspect of my game.  I spent an hour going through a small bucket today focused specifically on running through my pre shot routine with an eye on minimizing variance and making sure I aligned properly.  Focusing specifically on repeating the same things each time with minimal to no variation.  When I was fully setup I'd check my alignment.  If it was off I'd reset and start over.  I discovered that I was consistently aligning right of the target.  Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, but always right.  It turns out what I've been classifying as pushes have actually just been straight shots from a very poorly aimed golfer.  🤦‍♂️  Gotta love the game -- it humbles you and forces you to learn every day.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

My practice was on 8.5holes lol meeting Wifey for lunch, BUT STRAIGHTER irons today which I'm loving. I've got 5 irons with the flat lie now and all shots into the green are NO wider than the green. And my Mizuno T-Zoid F "gap wedge" is magic into the green 80metres or less, I bought months ago and never used it before go figure lol...

CEO decided to give us the day off so I finished up a couple loose ends and hit the course for a longer practice session. Forced myself to actually spend time on the putting green and short game areas today. Probably hit more putts today than I have for the year combined from different distances working more on speed than reading. I do have a tendency to over read breaks, but leaving putts short has always been the killer for me, so that is what I'm dedicating more of my practice to. At least get the ball a foot or two past the hole. 

After about an hour in those areas I went to take some full swings to work on a few little things. Not really intentionally, but I found a weird tendency of mine. Apparently my swing makes slight adjustments based on where I'm looking. Long story short, I tend to look at the leading side of the ball with any club other than driver. When I pick a spot around 9 o'clock, I tend to hit a little fade, but when I look at 10 o'clock, my swing adjusts just slightly to hit a nice little push draw. It was not a ball flight I'm used to seeing, but it was interesting to make a note of it and switch it up between the two.

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

My preferred shot is a draw, have always played that way.

issue is I play a lot of courses that have some interesting cut/fade holes but have managed to make it work with a draw. Well most times.

So today played golf and practiced the cut/fade shot after having a chat with the head pro.

Worked like a charm, he said, set up as normal but push about 70% of you weight on the lead leg, left if your righty, right if you lefty and then hold your hands of a little and don’t rotate around your torso like you would with a draw. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

9-hole league tonight. 

Driver has been awful lately losing everything to the right hard. Not so much a slice as it is a push fade. Realizing after watching video I’m bringing the club very inside so about 3/4 of the way up I get stuck, throw my hands casti mg the club on the down swing. sort of a common problem for me and hopefully easy to fix.

I’ll be focusing on muscle memory drills at home. Bringing the club back slow and outside. Starting the downswing with the hips clearing the front knee and rolling the hands over. Hitting 3/4 or 80% controlled shots so I get the ball back on line and finding fairways.

I have a 3-day tournament next week so I’m hoping I can get things back to square before then

Edited by Swood1994

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Was on the range hitting my usual assortment of right, left, low, etc - all quite UNintentional mind you - and one of the pros walls over after chatting with someone else, says Let's take a look...

Turns out I'm using my hands and wrists way too much in the takeaway, eg the classic swing killer of rolling the wrists "in" and getting the club head too far inside... Something I'd actually thought I had been working on getting away from 🤦‍♂️

.. Well it's amazing how much better you can hit the ball, and with less effort, when you start taking out the "bad" stuff!!

Work In Progress

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg