Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Random Thread

ole gray

10 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Distance sells new golf equipment 🤷‍♂️

I have cash in my wallet for anyone that can put a driver in my hands that beats my driver by 20 yards.  I opened my wallet last month and moths flew out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Seems like it was just a week or so ago that you were playing lousy.  Hope you get that straightened out before testing starts... bring your "A" swing!!

Still a mess since I haven’t played or hit balls in a while.  But, most wanted testing is about the people and my bad swing could represent the masses 😂🤪

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Still a mess since I haven’t played or hit balls in a while.  But, most wanted testing is about the people and my bad swing could represent the masses 😂🤪

Definitely match my swing right now!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Perhaps it's because he is highly superstitious and thinks he'll curse Big Blue's chances at winning the national championship... but has anyone heard from Alan @Shanksterof late?  The dude gets a promotion and re-assignment and drops us like a live grenade 😄.

Another member that's gone MIA is Wayne @GrumpyGolf.  Hope all is okay with both of them... been weird times of late.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 12/7/2022 at 5:53 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Update:

I now reside in NC. Pulled out of TN Saturday evening and got to the new house at midnight. Unloaded the truck and POD already. Furniture is in place and now it's all about the endless number of boxes to go through. 

Good news is the past owner left the pool table that was less than a year old. Bad news is that was where my simulator was going to go. Current plans for the simulator are for it to sit in the box. But I have thoughts for an outdoor area once spring gets here. This winter will involve a lot of unpacking and additional purging. I'm feeling a double garage man cave in the near future. 

Well you are not that far from me now--- BTW when you get settled in I found the large beverage holder for R2-D2. LOL it was down behind the stack of dry firewood. I found it last week when we fired up the wood stove.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 12/7/2022 at 10:51 PM, Jmikecpa said:

Thanks for the kind words, it has been a tough few days. My buddy’s family came into VA today and are starting to get why they need to do done. I got a request from them in that they wanted to know if I could take the dog permanently. They have a lot going on between this and some other issues back at home and can’t care for him. One call to my wife and she said absolutely bring him home and we will figure it out from there. So meet my new buddy Sebastian….

He is a 3 year old St. Bernard and the sweetest boy you could ever want. Obviously hate the circumstances that led to this but my buddy loved this guy and he deserves a good home. My initial decision to take him was based on either he comes with me or goes to a shelter which was not going to happen. He and I are taking a road trip north tomorrow so that he can see his new home and get adjusted. 

454961BD-A855-4877-AF11-D88B4E191591.jpeg

AFC70EC3-C17D-49FF-B5B9-2D38E4291236.jpeg

Sad circumstances indeed. We got our French Bulldog Tank under similar circumstances. My golf bud Bear bought him out of Missouri as a puppy from a breeder. Bear got real sick and could not care for him so he asked us to take him or it was the Dog Pound. No way we were going to let that happen. Bear ended up having to go to a care faculity and he passed away some 3 months later. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

13 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Well you are not that far from me now--- BTW when you get settled in I found the large beverage holder for R2-D2. LOL it was down behind the stack of dry firewood. I found it last week when we fired up the wood stove.

Who could refuse a large beverage holder! I have my eye on a country club near me. The good news is I don't see any massive hills and elevation changes that I am used to dealing with. R2-D2 will surely see more course time and I won't be gasping for air.  I just checked and Google Maps puts me 2 hr and 8 min away from you. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

A Tesla S Plaid purchase comes with a free Platinum Twitter account 👍.  All the GT500's, Hellcats, and ZR1's won't even hear it coming as it whizzes past.  When they can get what sounds like a German guy totally stoked about acceleration... well, that's saying something.  

One of my former co-workers just purchased a like new 2021 and says "the acceleration is just bonkers".

13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

A Tesla S Plaid purchase comes with a free Platinum Twitter account 👍.  All the GT500's, Hellcats, and ZR1's won't even hear it coming as it whizzes past.  When they can get what sounds like a German guy totally stoked about acceleration... well, that's saying something.  

One of my former co-workers just purchased a like new 2021 and says "the acceleration is just bonkers".

All electric cars have rapid acceleration - the bigger question is how can you really go, especially in North America since we don't have an Autobahn. We're going to have to buy a new car in 2023 but I think we'll opt for a hybrid vs. electric primarily based on initial cost and charge availability. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

All electric cars have rapid acceleration - the bigger question is how can you really go, especially in North America since we don't have an Autobahn. We're going to have to buy a new car in 2023 but I think we'll opt for a hybrid vs. electric primarily based on initial cost and charge availability. 

Yes, range will be a limiting factor for EV's - at least in the near term.  But, as my buddy said "at my age, those short bursts of crazy acceleration, is worth every damn dollar I spent on it" 😆

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

We all see claims of how many miles an electric car can travel on a full charge: I don't see how far they go on partial charges, and I doubt we will ever see how many miles you can go after X numbers of "bonkers" acceleration.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, range will be a limiting factor for EV's - at least in the near term.  But, as my buddy said "at my age, those short bursts of crazy acceleration, is worth every damn dollar I spent on it" 😆

Range is not as big an issue for folks back east, and Seattle where your buddy lives; towns are close by,  Much different for us out here in the wide open west as you well know.  I remember in the 1970's during the gas rationing days driving over Snoqualmie Pass and wondering if my Pontiac Firebird would make it to North Bend before I ran out of gas!!  🤣

I would want the Tesla S Plaid with the on-demand Hellcat exhaust sound option 😊

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We all see claims of how many miles an electric car can travel on a full charge: I don't see how far they go on partial charges, and I doubt we will ever see how many miles you can go after X numbers of "bonkers" acceleration.

There have been some estimates:

Ludicrous mode is 1600 amps at 400 volts or 400x1600=640,000 watts for say 11 seconds. A p100d+ battery is 100kw so at a rate of 640kw the pack would be at 0 percent in roughly 9.37 minutes.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

27 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There have been some estimates:

Ludicrous mode is 1600 amps at 400 volts or 400x1600=640,000 watts for say 11 seconds. A p100d+ battery is 100kw so at a rate of 640kw the pack would be at 0 percent in roughly 9.37 minutes.

Huh🤯

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 11/29/2022 at 11:18 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone else just having a awful Fantasy Football season? I am in 4 or 5 different leagues and think I only have 1 playoff contender. Previous years I maybe would miss one league and the rest be good playoff teams... yikes

Right with ya APH…..I am in 3 leagues and have no contenders this y3ar, each league has 12 - 14 teams. Injuries have killed me.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Perhaps it's because he is highly superstitious and thinks he'll curse Big Blue's chances at winning the national championship... but has anyone heard from Alan @Shanksterof late?  The dude gets a promotion and re-assignment and drops us like a live grenade 😄.

Another member that's gone MIA is Wayne @GrumpyGolf.  Hope all is okay with both of them... been weird times of late.

Last time Alan stopped in he said he just got back from deployment so I don’t know if he got sent back out to sea again

On 12/12/2022 at 11:05 PM, Kenny B said:

I have cash in my wallet for anyone that can put a driver in my hands that beats my driver by 20 yards.

How about by 200 yards, eh?

https://youtu.be/IYI0bPnvzOY

🤪🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

21 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

A guy I know from my course just bought one of those new Mustangs that is an SUV. Now he is very well educated and researched it well. I asked about charging and he told me his charger plugs into his house with 110 volts just like his golf cart charger. He has figured out his cost of operation that it cost him approxametely $1 worth of electricity to drive 35 miles. Now he did add that he only uses it locally and the week before he had went to Charleston SC ( 75 miles away) and drove his conventional gas powered Escalade.

This was on our local news media this AM. South Carolina is installing chargers in all out state parks at state ( taxpayer) expense with charging free ( also at taxpayer expense). If I go electric it will be a golf cart. Here you can drive on any road with speed limit less than 35 mph as long as you have signals and lights on it and a valid drivers license. You are limited to daylight hours only and 5 miles limit from your residence. You do have to have a state issued golf cart sticker and insurance which are ultra cheap. Most everywhere I go is within the 5 mile limit including my church. Besides as long as you are on designated roads and not drunk or acting like an idiot the cops do not care. In winter I can use a cover and propane heater. 

G

8 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

A guy I know from my course just bought one of those new Mustangs that is an SUV. Now he is very well educated and researched it well. I asked about charging and he told me his charger plugs into his house with 110 volts just like his golf cart charger. He has figured out his cost of operation that it cost him approxametely $1 worth of electricity to drive 35 miles. Now he did add that he only uses it locally and the week before he had went to Charleston SC ( 75 miles away) and drove his conventional gas powered Escalade.

This was on our local news media this AM. South Carolina is installing chargers in all out state parks at state ( taxpayer) expense with charging free ( also at taxpayer expense). If I go electric it will be a golf cart. Here you can drive on any road with speed limit less than 35 mph as long as you have signals and lights on it and a valid drivers license. You are limited to daylight hours only and 5 miles limit from your residence. You do have to have a state issued golf cart sticker and insurance which are ultra cheap. Most everywhere I go is within the 5 mile limit including my church. Besides as long as you are on designated roads and not drunk or acting like an idiot the cops do not care. In winter I can use a cover and propane heater. 

I’ve had the Star EV Lithium Golf Cart since mid September and have over 1,000 miles on it so far.  I have no complaints at all every few days plug it in 110 and after few hours ready to go. The cart is capable of 80 miles between charges.  
I do not have any plans to ever own a car that’s EV, I still like my dinosaur eaters.

Rick

Left Hand, 

21 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Distance and convenience of charging is the issue for me, once you get past the initial cost. The majority of our trips are under 30 miles, however we take 3 round trips up north each of which is 1200 miles one way. On those trips - our stops take about 15 min each, no searching for charging stations required - just enough time to fill up and run into the restroom. We're thinking that a hybrid may be a better solution for us. I'm also a believer in the 'law of unintended consequences'. While  the initial economics seem really good for EVs- what happens when the batteries are shot, the state decides it wants added charges because of a reduction in gas tax revenues - not to mention insurance, etc, On the last point I recently read an article that replacement of one of the tail lights on the 150 Lightening is $$7,500. hope those owners don't get rear ended.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I'm hating the USPS right now.  Ordered a present for my wife; shipped last Thursday evening from SoCal.  Arrived at our local post office on SUNDAY morning at 1am; less than 3 days.  

Tracking shows that it arrived at a carrier facility on TUESDAY at 12:24am; at 6:10am package is Out For Delivery, expected delivery between 9am and 1pm... later updated to 9pm.  

Today... WEDNESDAY at 12:22am tracking shows "Awaiting Delivery Scan".  At 10:17am today tracking shows "Arrived at Post Office".  

Who knows when it will be delivered?  So far... 4 days at the local post office 4 miles away.  😡  FedEX and UPS have been very reliable... so far.

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’ve had the Star EV Lithium Golf Cart since mid September and have over 1,000 miles on it so far.  I have no complaints at all every few days plug it in 110 and after few hours ready to go. The cart is capable of 80 miles between charges.  
I do not have any plans to ever own a car that’s EV, I still like my dinosaur eaters.

I just bought an EZGO cart with flooded cells. The upcharge for the lithium was over $2K. The salesgal said "but it'll last 25 yrs" I didn't want to tell her the cart may - but I won't 🙂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Distance and convenience of charging is the issue for me, once you get past the initial cost. The majority of our trips are under 30 miles, however we take 3 round trips up north each of which is 1200 miles one way. On those trips - our stops take about 15 min each, no searching for charging stations required - just enough time to fill up and run into the restroom. We're thinking that a hybrid may be a better solution for us. I'm also a believer in the 'law of unintended consequences'. While  the initial economics seem really good for EVs- what happens when the batteries are shot, the state decides it wants added charges because of a reduction in gas tax revenues - not to mention insurance, etc, On the last point I recently read an article that replacement of one of the tail lights on the 150 Lightening is $$7,500. hope those owners don't get rear ended.  

I saw on one of my news or information feeds the other day. Over in Europe evidently they have had electric cars for a while. There is a field and I think it was in France full of used up electric cars because they can not figure out how to dispose of the batteries environmentally friendly. 

G

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'm hating the USPS right now.  Ordered a present for my wife; shipped last Thursday evening from SoCal.  Arrived at our local post office on SUNDAY morning at 1am; less than 3 days.  

Tracking shows that it arrived at a carrier facility on TUESDAY at 12:24am; at 6:10am package is Out For Delivery, expected delivery between 9am and 1pm... later updated to 9pm.  

Today... WEDNESDAY at 12:22am tracking shows "Awaiting Delivery Scan".  At 10:17am today tracking shows "Arrived at Post Office".  

Who knows when it will be delivered?  So far... 4 days at the local post office 4 miles away.  😡  FedEX and UPS have been very reliable... so far.

USPS and Fed EX frankly suck. USPS just put a $15 surcharge on boxes over a certain diminsion. Everyone in the classic golf club world is raising holy hell. Fed Ex when I did the Motocaddy test the guy slammed the unit in my driveway not on the porch and the box was damaged. He wanted me to sign and I signed it subject to inspection for damage. The driver informed me I could not do that. I told him I was in the trucking business on and off for over 40 years and knew the laws. He shut up. I took pics and informed Motocaddy. I also called Fed Ex and complained and the CSR acted like they could care less. USPS though supposedly not a government entity can lose 20M or more a quarter and the Federal Government will give them 25M more of taxpayer money. I will add that the Motocaddy unit was in great shape due to the Motocaddy company building a sturdy box to ship in. I informed everyone in my classic golf circles on my FB page I would no longer ship or recieve from Fed EX or USPS. 

G

16 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I saw on one of my news or information feeds the other day. Over in Europe evidently they have had electric cars for a while. There is a field and I think it was in France full of used up electric cars because they can not figure out how to dispose of the batteries environmentally friendly. 

And everyone thought deposing of nuclear waste was a problem.  🤣

Returning after a small hiatus: welcomed a new niece, left a job for my own sanity, navigated a bunch of family events, repainted and reconfigured one of our unused bedrooms into a second home office, crossed off a bunch of items that had been sitting stale on the honey-do list, and on and on and on.

I am looking forward to getting the garage simulator set up for the winter, and hope to FINALLY get my neighborhood ball test/ball fitting going. 

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx Max 10.5°, MCG C6 Red 50 R

Wood:     :cobra-small: LTDx Max 3W 15.5°, MCG C6 Red 50 R

Hybrid:     :titleist-small: TS2 4H 23°; 5H 25°, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 60 Graphite Regular

Irons:       :cobra-small: LTD (5-9); :Fuji: Vista PRO 60i R

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 54.11 (56°), :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 60.10; :Fuji: Vista PRO 60i R

Putter:      :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro 1 / :odyssey-small: 2-Ball Ten Armlock

Bag:         :taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag 2022

Balls:      :maxfli: Tour

Reviews: Spornia SPG8 XL Net (Official), Me and My Golf Full Body Freedom (Unofficial), Club Champion Full Bag Fitting (Unofficial), Gravity Caddy (Unofficial)

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

No mail delivery by USPS up here. So we have PO’s. Just trying to help ya feel better… this happened last Christmas and then it was “delivered”. Except they put the delivery slip in the wrong PO and no one would look for the box for TWO more weeks. Laughing at it looking back but what a pain in the ACE. 

** Random days warrior. Walk the course. Play a minimum of 4 rounds per year w/o keeping score. Love the outdoors no matter the weather. **

• Calaway Epic Speed 1w, 4w
  • Maltby DBM forged irons 4-PW & TSW DRM 50, 56
  • Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled No.4 Putter
  • KBS and Project X
  • Lamkin Crossline+ and Skinny Pistol grips
  • Maxfli Tour, Vice Pro, Titleist Pro V1

18 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yup and we thought disposing tires wouldn't be a problem.....

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart