WeArePSUGolfer

Golf Attire Faux Pas?

I'd rather see a smooth swing than a snappy dresser. But if you have both, it's pretty intimidating. (I have neither).

• Like 2

I really don't care...have you seen my hat?  :lol:

• Like 2

And as far as "Named Brands" go, does Tractor Supply count?

Yea that's where I do all my shopping  ;)

• Like 2

You should also wear a hat and at least have a shirt handy. Just in case.

You would think I would be prepared to golf anytime and where. But my work truck isn't really conducive to keeping golf attire neat and clean. But I do wear a golf hat everyday hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

As I saw written somewhere, "White belts are for the young hipster crowd (under 30), and for grandpas at the retirement village."

I'm 42 and I happily wear my white belt with grey and patterned shorts all the time.

As I saw written somewhere “who gives a *%{^ what others think”.

• Like 5

And there ya go, and that's why we haven't invited you back. ;) :lol:

Like you would've had the chance to play with me in the first place

• Like 1

I'm 42 and I happily wear my white belt with grey and patterned shorts all the time.

As I saw written somewhere “who gives a *%{^ what others think”.

I'm almost 45 and have a white belt. Definitely a place for it with golf outfits. I used to rock the orange belts and some other colors from puma when I had a closet that was predominantly puma from head to toe.

Age, weight, etc imo doesn't matter. Wear what you want how you want.

• Like 3

I'm almost 45 and have a white belt. Definitely a place for it with golf outfits. I used to rock the orange belts and some other colors from puma when I had a closet that was predominantly puma from head to toe.

Age, weight, etc imo doesn't matter. Wear what you want how you want.

I got to go through an apparel fitting/selection type thing with Adidas a few years ago. We had all sizes/ages/shapes there. The one thing that stood from one of their designers, was if someone likes what they are wearing, and confident they look good in it, then they likely can pull off just about anything they want. It is so much more about confidence and showing it than the actual piece of apparel.

I tried to take that into consideration and started wearing more than khaki and blue, and found myself getting some compliments.

• Like 4

I got to go through an apparel fitting/selection type thing with Adidas a few years ago. We had all sizes/ages/shapes there. The one thing that stood from one of their designers, was if someone likes what they are wearing, and confident they look good in it, then they likely can pull off just about anything they want. It is so much more about confidence and showing it than the actual piece of apparel.

I tried to take that into consideration and started wearing more than khaki and blue, and found myself getting some compliments.

Pink, my man. I have a few pink dress shirts and a pink tie and they never fail to earn compliments. In fact, I was wearing my pink tie the day I met the president of my company, the first thing he said to me was a compliment about how nice the tie looked. We hit it off, and BOOM new job. 

• Like 5

Pink, my man. I have a few pink dress shirts and a pink tie and they never fail to earn compliments. In fact, I was wearing my pink tie the day I met the president of my company, the first thing he said to me was a compliment about how nice the tie looked. We hit it off, and BOOM new job.

Pink is a must. I used to feel like one could never have enough blue in their closet and now I'm on the never enough pink train

• Like 3

Im with you on the pink- but I've yet to replace my pink shirt that bit the dust a few years ago...

• Like 1

Really, apart from beige and Matt's hat, wear what makes you happy.

Just kidding about the beige, I can't do it, but others can. Not kidding about Matt's hat.

• Like 2

Well i guess there are exceptions to the thought

• Like 1

Really, apart from beige and Matt's hat, wear what makes you happy.

Just kidding about the beige, I can't do it, but others can. Not kidding about Matt's hat.

You're just jealous you can't rock a hat like that!  B)   :P  :lol:

• Like 2

Tan Izod Shorts

Blue Slazinger Shirt

Blue Callaway Hat

Blue Footjoy Shoes

White Reebok Socks

I'm all over the place in my golf attire, rarely having one brand across the entire wardrobe.

If the branding isn't too visible, is that an attire faux pas as long as all the colors match? 

As long as your comfortable wearing what your wearing, I'm ok with whatever people wear.  I'm not there to judge you like a Miss America pageant, I'm there to play golf :D  I rarely have clothing from the same manufacturer - they don't pay me to wear their stuff :D  I go with whatever is on sale and try to color coordinate as much as possible.  I do have some favorite vendors though.  For shirts I like Adidas, Antigua and Under Armour.  For pants, well whatever fits :D  Shoes I like Footjoys mostly with a few Nike shoes thrown in.

MDGolfHacker