Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Soaring handicap

Sluggo42

This winter is killing me. New clubs, new club, endless rain. But I feel like I’m playing as good or better than ever. No roll, longer holes, fast greens that are hard to read, in addition to being a bit on the postage stamp size, plus skinny fairways and deep rough... thick “junk” if you fly one anywhere, kiss that ball goodbye. I’ve got to have a great game just to break 80. But I just saw the weather report across the nation... cold and snow. I guess I’m not used to “winters” since we’ve been in this 10 year drought.. my sincere condolences to everyone affected by “winter”..

can you see the tears streaming down my cheeks?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

This winter is killing me. New clubs, new club, endless rain. But I feel like I’m playing as good or better than ever. No roll, longer holes, fast greens that are hard to read, in addition to being a bit on the postage stamp size, plus skinny fairways and deep rough... thick “junk” if you fly one anywhere, kiss that ball goodbye. I’ve got to have a great game just to break 80. But I just saw the weather report across the nation... cold and snow. I guess I’m not used to “winters” since we’ve been in this 10 year drought.. my sincere condolences to everyone affected by “winter”..
can you see the tears streaming down my cheeks?

Would you rather be playing with your handicap going up or not playing and have it remain the same as it was prior to winter? Winter has helped me maintain a nice handicap since I haven’t played but I’d prefer to play even if I’m getting worse.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Yes, playing and going up. I can’t imagine the snow and weather where you can’t even play at all. That is brutal

It has been a very mild winter in Rhode Island but got 4 inches of snow today with more coming tomorrow. Headed to the golf show in Boston tomorrow and my winter club tweaking has been at an all time high. The good news is I head to Florida next week and will get to play a ton.

For perspective I got an email from my club today stating opening day will be April 13th. But they will open the club for dining this month. jerks!

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I’m like a spoiled little crybaby because it’s not 75° without a cloud in the sky...

I’ve made it out in Rhode Island a record 4 times in January and February. Low 40s in January but high 50s for a couple of days in February. That being said if it isn’t mid 70s in Florida I will be a cry baby.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

5 hours ago, Wedgie said:

It has been a very mild winter in Rhode Island but got 4 inches of snow today with more coming tomorrow. Headed to the golf show in Boston tomorrow and my winter club tweaking has been at an all time high. The good news is I head to Florida next week and will get to play a ton.

For perspective I got an email from my club today stating opening day will be April 13th. But they will open the club for dining this month. jerks!

I hope your golf show is better than the one here in NJ! 

As far as handicap, I just played 2 rounds in Aruba.  105, then 92.  20+mph constant winds...gusts 40+. Funn.  Back 9 40 on my 2nd round.  Ties my low 9 hole score 🙂 got lucky!!!

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

I just saw our forecast for next week - rain every day. :)

Just kidding although we are due for a cool down. Where in Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I just saw our forecast for next week - rain every day. :)

Just kidding although we are due for a cool down. Where in Florida?

I’m playing in the member/guest at the PGA Village in Port St. Lucie. Always a great time.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Lookin at 5-9" of snow this evening;)

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

It’s a windchill of 26 here in central Texas but thankfully for the most part golf has been manageable. Supposed to get to 70 Thursday but then it goes down to the 30’s again... Texas weather...

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I live in Oklahoma and it's usually in the upper 50's by now but it is -9 with the wind chill - they are actually canceling scholl because of it. What's really crazy is that since the summer it has been extremely wet this past year and into this year. It was a normal summer at all - normally so dry it's crazy but not his past year. We don't have it like our neighbors to the north - not by a long shot but the weather has been really wacky for a long time. I'm ready to play some golf soon :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Archived