Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stronger Lofts - is this a Good or Bad Thing

Firebird

On 4/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, Dr Strangelove said:

I dont think the argument is whether the lofts are OK or not.  Who cares.  This being MGS, at least a subset of folks object to the marketing of the clubs. ie. "Cut the BS, we know the distance increase is just because you strengthened the lofts and lengthened the shafts", not because of the <insert> technology.

Yes.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, Middler said:

This has been done quite a few times on YouTube by several different channels, this is just the latest one I’ve seen. They go to great lengths to deliver the club at the same speed and dynamic loft. However I know it won’t change anyone’s already established beliefs regarding club tech, loft and distances.

“We don’t have a robot.”  Ultimately, I think if we want to know the differences in clubs that have the same lofts but different designs, we would need a robot swinging the clubs at the same speed with the same shafts. Mark was swinging clubs with different shafts and he’s human. And that brings in too many variables. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I'm going to turn this around a bit and not make it about stronger lofts, but is it HARDER to hit stronger lofted irons than the standard loft?

I'm thinking that it is. If my loft for a 7i is 31* it's almost a club drop for a game improvement stronger lofted iron, and no matter how much I like the irons if my weakness is long irons then certainly a lot of the newer game improvements irons would not be a benefit. 

I do though understand the benefit and tech of game improvement irons but is the tech enough to overcome my long iron weakness?

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

2 hours ago, TENBUCK said:

I'm going to turn this around a bit and not make it about stronger lofts, but is it HARDER to hit stronger lofted irons than the standard loft?

I'm thinking that it is. If my loft for a 7i is 31* it's almost a club drop for a game improvement stronger lofted iron, and no matter how much I like the irons if my weakness is long irons then certainly a lot of the newer game improvements irons would not be a benefit. 

I do though understand the benefit and tech of game improvement irons but is the tech enough to overcome my long iron weakness?

The loft change is a product of the club’s geometry. It’s designed to be easier to hit as a result of MOI / weight location. 

It should be the same if not easier. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/