Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

the high 5 was after smith got a 2 on a par 4 . twitter took the video down , it will pop up sometime and you will see , 

Saw it live;  was watching on TV. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

I think he was saying that if a College guy joined LIV, decided it wasn’t for him for any reason, then left LIV and wanted to join PGA. If PGA wouldn’t allow him in because he had formerly been associated with LIV even though he never had any contracts with PGA prohibiting him from doing so, that would definitely raise problems. To restrict the hiring of someone because they used to work for a competitor is something completely different.

Bingo; reading is fundamental Peter, thank you!  I specifically talked about players who had never been members of ANY tour, let alone the PGA Tour, and all anyone wants to talk about are Patrick Reed and Sergio being paired with Billy Horschel. 🙄🙄

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

20 hours ago, shootmyage said:

Scottie Scheffler a real pga pro , lots of class 

now there are 3 pga players i don't like 

one cheats in sand traps

one tries to cheat his caddie

one has zero class

18 hours ago, cnosil said:

I'd suggest you read the actual story,  he didn't walk on Smith's line as reported by the media to create the reaction that you are expressing.  They were high fiving shortly before this non incident.

That's how it is with millions of people these days, it just takes one supposed issue to be outraged, who needs facts? No reason to check what you think you know before acting...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i will have to check , i would guess it has happen many many times before 

Yeah, let us know. Scheffler is one of the nicest guys on tour…

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Greg clapped back at Rory yesterday re: Rory’s mentioning 21 wins.

Norman: “So I take it as a compliment that he wanted to beat my 20 PGA Tour wins.  His next goal should be to win more than 91 tournaments globally or to maintain No.1 in the world for more than 331 weeks.”

331 weeks is impressive but it loses its allure when you realize he’s beating David Peoples and Billy Ray Brown on a weekly basis.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 8/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, PeterHenric said:

That's actually one of the first points that I have seen that I understand and agree with that doesn't have some sort of political motivation. Everyone complained about the source of the money, PGA Tour Legacy, 54 hole events, not cut, etc and I personally never agreed or cared about any of those reasons. You have helped me realize a rational, unbiased reason why LIV and PGA can't peacefully coexist with players being on both tours. I had thought about that stuff before but never really had it click into place.

Davis Love interviewed:

But could the sides ever negotiate? Podcast host Chris Solomon wisely asked Love the question — and it’s here where we’ll tell you that the entire show is worth your time — and Love had no doubts in this scenario. 

In a word, no. 

“We can’t sit down with guys that are wanting to compete against our model, because they don’t want — if they were saying, hey, we just want to get along, we’ll play outside the U.S., how can we make this system work,” Love said on the podcast. “Greg Norman flat-out will say … we want to shake up the golf world, we want to take over. And behind the scenes, they’re saying to players, we’re going to own the PGA Tour. You will see going forward in this Tour case, you know, their strategy is not to co-exist. 

Finally someone honest about why he joined LIV. Maybe some LIV players will decide they can just quit lying…

Players have trotted out a myriad of dubious reasons for joining the controversial LIV Golf Series — growing the game and more time at home with family, among them. David Feherty, who ditched NBC/Golf Channel to become an analyst for the Saudi-backed circuit, at least stated the obvious.

“Money,” Feherty told the Toledo Blade. “People don’t talk about it. I hear, ‘Well, it’s to grow the game.’ Bull … they paid me a lot of money.”

The 63-year-old offered the candid response at a fundraiser event in Ohio, where he was joined by former NBC colleague Gary Koch. 

Though the crowd cheered the choice of words, an increase in his bottom line wasn’t Feherty’s only reason for joining.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/10/david-feherty-explains-liv-golf-jump-a-lot-of-money/

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

6 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

watch out for thomas , super golfer and very smart . 

And has a great caddie 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

58 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

no matter what i think of a tour golfer i wish - scottie -rory -b. horschel - spieth had made the cut ., i do like to watch them play .

watch out for thomas , super golfer and very smart . 

He’s been really good for awhile. He has 15 pga tour wins and 2 majors, not exactly someone that’s going to sneak up on a field 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Billy Horschel has been doing a lot of talking and criticizing the guys that went to LIV lately. He needs to look in the mirror, I believe he and his family had some alcohol issues going on recently. Probably some of those same golfers were very supportive of their situation at the time.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

4 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Billy Horschel has been doing a lot of talking and criticizing the guys that went to LIV lately. He needs to look in the mirror, I believe he and his family had some alcohol issues going on recently. Probably some of those same golfers were very supportive of their situation at the time.

There's really no need to bring someone's alcohol issues into this. Even if some of the LIV defectors supported Horschel through it, that doesn't mean he has to support them now. Especially when some of them are effectively suing him and every other player on the PGA Tour. Not exactly comparable situations and certainly not something that was necessary to bring up...

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

The TRO ruling comments.

Following the statement, Judge Freeman went on to add: "It is clear that the LIV Golf contracts negotiated by the Plaintiffs and consummated between the parties were based on the players' calculation of what they would be leaving behind and the amount of money they would need to compensate for those losses.

"Plaintiffs have signed contracts that richly reward them for their talent and compensate for lost opportunity through Tour play. In fact, the evidence shows almost without a doubt that they will be earning significantly more money with LIV Golf than they could reasonably have expected to make through Tour play over the same time period."

What's more, Judge Freeman also mentioned that: "If LIV Golf is elite golf's future, what do Plaintiffs care about the dust-collecting trophies of a bygone era?"

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/what-do-they-care-about-the-dust-collecting-trophies-of-a-bygone-era-judge-on-suspended-liv-golfers

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

16 hours ago, GaDawg said:

That is really a low blow type of comment. Do you have anything substantial showing these LIV golfers prior support? Anything? And as mentioned above, one thing has nothing to do with the other. 

27 minutes ago, LICC said:

That is really a low blow type of comment. Do you have anything substantial showing these LIV golfers prior support? Anything? And as mentioned above, one thing has nothing to do with the other. 

It was not intended to be a low blow, but it was the facts. You have made many many comments about this topic that I have disliked, but I have kept my mouth shut. I think it is best that I block you moving forward which will prevent me from saying something that you would really not like. 

If you don't like my comment, I suggest you do the same.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 hours ago, GaDawg said:

It was not intended to be a low blow, but it was the facts. You have made many many comments about this topic that I have disliked, but I have kept my mouth shut. I think it is best that I block you moving forward which will prevent me from saying something that you would really not like. 

If you don't like my comment, I suggest you do the same.

Feel free to comment on anything I said in this topic that you dislike. Doesn’t bother me. Just try to avoid making low blow comments like the one you made above. 

Edited by LICC

14 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Especially when some of them are effectively suing him and every other player on the PGA Tour. 

Hmmm. Not sure I agree with this statement. As far as I’m aware, they are suing the tour so they can get back on the tour. I don’t think they are asking for damages (I would like to know if I am wrong on this part). Other than them potentially getting back on tour (I don’t think this happens), the guys currently on the tour will not be impacted in any way. I don’t believe they were each named individually on the lawsuit. In general, when you get sued, you have some skin in the game. Their opinions don’t count as skin in the game and even if they were to receive damages, the Tour wouldn’t really be affected in any meaningful way. They have insurance and deep pockets. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

1 hour ago, PeterHenric said:

Hmmm. Not sure I agree with this statement. As far as I’m aware, they are suing the tour so they can get back on the tour. I don’t think they are asking for damages (I would like to know if I am wrong on this part). Other than them potentially getting back on tour (I don’t think this happens), the guys currently on the tour will not be impacted in any way. I don’t believe they were each named individually on the lawsuit. In general, when you get sued, you have some skin in the game. Their opinions don’t count as skin in the game and even if they were to receive damages, the Tour wouldn’t really be affected in any meaningful way. They have insurance and deep pockets. 

The tour is membership organization and the rules they are suing over were created by the members including those filing the lawsuit. So I’m essence they are suing the current members 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

On 8/13/2022 at 8:53 AM, Middler said:

Finally someone honest about why he joined LIV. Maybe some LIV players will decide they can just quit lying…

https://nypost.com/2022/08/10/david-feherty-explains-liv-golf-jump-a-lot-of-money/

i hope he got a ton. I further hope to never hear another word out of his mouth and never to see him on another commercial. he certainly won’t ever sell anything to me ever again. I can’t say why without breaking the no politics rule on this thread, but based on his quotes in the nypost article referenced above, I believe Mr. Feherty to be of extremely low moral character, and I can’t believe he gave those quotes without gagging up phlegm. Some people just don’t feel shame. Golf is supposed to be fun, it’s supposed to be enjoyable to kick back and watch. Idk about you guys, but reliving 9/11 in my mind every time the topic of LIV comes up on TV is flushing whatever magic watching golf used to have for me right down the toilet. LIV Golf - “growing the game, one ___________ at a time,” as Phil would say.

Edited by ryan.mzzz

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

6 hours ago, ryan.mzzz said:

i hope he got a ton. I further hope to never hear another word out of his mouth and never to see him on another commercial. he certainly won’t ever sell anything to me ever again. I can’t say why without breaking the no politics rule on this thread, but based on his quotes in the nypost article referenced above, I believe Mr. Feherty to be of extremely low moral character, and I can’t believe he gave those quotes without gagging up phlegm. Some people just don’t feel shame. Golf is supposed to be fun, it’s supposed to be enjoyable to kick back and watch. Idk about you guys, but reliving 9/11 in my mind every time the topic of LIV comes up on TV is flushing whatever magic watching golf used to have for me right down the toilet. LIV Golf - “growing the game, one ___________ at a time,” as Phil would say.

I lost friends and coworkers in the pentagon on 9/11, I lost another friend in 2010 to the war in Afghanistan. I’ve had the privilege to play golf in tournaments with wounded warriors in the first few years after 9/11.

I spent almost a decade after 9/11 still supporting DoD and having coworkers in country. 

With all that did talk of LIV doenst bring up those memories or cause me to relive that day and the years following it. That day, my friends I lost and those I’ve got to meet since are are always on my mind.

To avoid politics I won’t say anything more in this reply, but not everything is as it seems or as it’s reported on tv or in print media

So Cam Smith WD from next week event due to “hip discomfort”.  Kind of surprising. Wonder how much, if any, of it has to do with him supposedly going to LIV?

... Unbiased Power Rankings of LIV tour players. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

That's pretty funny.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:05 PM, GaDawg said:

Alcoholism isn't a threat to dismantle the pga tour

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

9 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

So Cam Smith WD from next week event due to “hip discomfort”.  Kind of surprising. Wonder how much, if any, of it has to do with him supposedly going to LIV?

cam smith has been a joy to watch, especially around the greens, this year. Similar to Koepka and Reed(i know i know, i’m the only Patrick Reed fan that ever existed…) i’ll miss him when he’s gone. I’m not a scotty cameron fan so I don’t know off of the top of my head, but is cam smith the greatest putter who uses a scotty since tiger? 

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

40 minutes ago, ryan.mzzz said:

cam smith has been a joy to watch, especially around the greens, this year. Similar to Koepka and Reed(i know i know, i’m the only Patrick Reed fan that ever existed…) i’ll miss him when he’s gone. I’m not a scotty cameron fan so I don’t know off of the top of my head, but is cam smith the greatest putter who uses a scotty since tiger? 

Yeah I would think so, he's putting the lights out that's for sure. I've seen online he's withdrawing from next week and some comments about him doing it because of the 2 penalty, but he's said he's injured.

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

15 hours ago, chisag said:

... Unbiased Power Rankings of LIV tour players. 

Pretty accurate, especially #1 and #2 although I would have put #10 much higher up…

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1