The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

30 minutes ago, BigMacQue said:

No, it's not morning ..... I did that this morning.  It's evening, after afternoon, so this is late for a good morning post.

I had a plan for the day, do some things around the house, drop my wife off to visit with some friends, get a few errands done and then visit the Top Golf Swing Suite simulator at The Marina at The Ridges.  That was my plan ..... I though it was a good plan.  It was supposed to rain most of the day so at least I'd get to swing my clubs with this plan.

Then the stupid sun came out.  Ruined my entire plan.  I hate it when that happens.

I had to get dressed, get the bag out, make a tee time ...... just because the stupid sun ruined my plans.  I hate it when that happens.

So I headed for Brasstown with a tee time in hand and sacrificed my time with the simulator for 18 holes on the course.  Cart path only, it's been raining all week, and I suffered the consequences of that rain in my shoes and my pants leg and a few shots from really mushy turf.  I hate it when that happens.

In the end it worked out fine .... myself, a two-some in front of me and a two-some behind were the only five people on the entire course.  It was heavenly.

PXL_20240126_181111119.jpg

me_v1.jpg

Screenshot_20240126-163322.png

That sun can be real mean sometimes. 

I'm glad you were able to get out and play, it looks like you had a good time. 

17 minutes ago, BigMacQue said:

Meeting an old friend, a childhood friend that I've not seen in 50 years. Have to travel through some weather to get there but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Hope the golfers today have a good day in the links, good luck to you all.

Hope your meet goes well, and you have safe travels!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

13 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on the kiddo. Everyone was asleep so I snuck out for a quick 9 and was back in time for breakfast. My daughter finally ate some food after a day and a half and seems to be on the upward trend. Bad news is, the wife said she was starting to feel bad. I have a feeling it's going to make its way thru the house. 

You need to find the closest stay and play and book a room and a round .... to keep well.  For your own protection.  Sorry ... not making fun of your circumstances, I'm very sorry the family may be starting to pass a bug around.  I hope you can avoid it and all get well soon.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

15 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on the kiddo. Everyone was asleep so I snuck out for a quick 9 and was back in time for breakfast. My daughter finally ate some food after a day and a half and seems to be on the upward trend. Bad news is, the wife said she was starting to feel bad. I have a feeling it's going to make its way thru the house. 

Hope your daughter continues on the upward trend!

Play like a champion today!

12 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Morning!!

Heading into the big city a little later for a still double secret 😉 "special event" for the step daughter with some family and some of her friends ... so this old comedy sketch popped into my head...

😝

And here's hoping you have a fun, and maybe funny, day!!

Best of luck Chuck!!  Hope you get in correct elevator.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 1/26/2024 at 9:26 AM, jbern said:

I have been considering swapping out my steel iron shafts for lighter graphite shafts and have specifically been eying the recoil and mitsubishi mmt shafts. What were the improvements you saw? More distance, more spin, tighter dispersion, better feel?

I’m a big fan of Ust recoil shafts. Last year I as fit/bought all new clubs except driver.  I previously had old ping G15 irons with the original AWT steel shafts.  Like all brands, graphite shafts come in a variety of weights, flexes, torques and kick points that will give different spins and trajectories.  While getting fitted, I did hit some TMs and PXGs with MMT shafts and loved the feel, but didn’t get the spin we were looking for.  I found the perfect match with the Recoils 460 ESX. Another thing that was subtle but definitely noticeable after a round, being older I feel less fatigue with the lighter shafts. But you can get much heavier graphite shafts to suit your characteristics. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour