Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, Erin B said:

Good Morning MGS Troops from Mesquite NV! Was a long couple days! We drove all night Friday and made a stop in Hurricane UT to play Sky Mountain http://www.skymountaingolf.com/ and let me tell you, that course is awesome! But the starter forgot to tell us how hard the greens were and that no ball would hold. Not one from our group could hold the greens. It was crazy!!!

IMG_4271.jpeg.a0a792404b919358fd356e218c718ad0.jpegIMG_4272.jpeg.1834e0c81d8311611971648b1790f032.jpegIMG_3363.jpeg.491a49279bf6959d4486354995f14a27.jpegIMG_3362.jpeg.e086e8b38556103c9c5c94cea6a90438.jpeg

anyway, have another round today in Mesquite NV. Will let you know how it goes! Happy Birdie Hunting!!!

Send some photos of those 902pd’s!

🙃

1 minute ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Send some photos of those 902pd’s!

Will try and get some!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Nice!  Loved Sky Mountain even though I played in a light rain… no problem holding greens.  🤣

Play well.

It’s a fantastic course! The views were incredible! The canyon behind the tee box on 18 was amazing!

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

On 3/8/2024 at 8:26 PM, ILMgolfnut said:

Little did I know how interesting things would get. GF went to visit a friend. She called me at 3:30 pm from over there and I could tell right away something wasn't right; her voice was weird. And she told me she was shaking all over. The friend took her to urgent care, which told her to go to ER. Instead of going to ER, the friend brought her home, still quivering like a plate full of Jello. And I took her to ER. They did enough at triage to satisfy themselves that she wasn't having a stroke, and about 10 minutes later she got impatient/angry (patience is not one of her virtues) and stormed out. I talked her back inside. Ten minutes later she did it again. This time I just gave up and took her home. Do we know what it is? No. I just hope I don't have to take her back tonight -- or call an ambulance.

@ILMgolfnut sounds similar to an episode I had, I'm diabetic, but what happened to me was the medication prescribed. The had me on a water pill and also a pill that part of it work just like a water pill, So I was getting double dinged and caused me to be constantly dehydrated no matter how much fluids I would take in, I could walk 10feet and have to site down cause I felt dizzy, light headed and at times would see some sparkles in my eyes(like when you look at a bright light). I would have to stop everything I was doing and go rest for a while. I got fed up feeling that way so I B!***ed to and at my Dr. and after they did blood work and reviewed my medications they found with the water pill and the other med I was getting 2times the dose of the water pill.

Needless to say they removed me from the water pill and changed the dosage of the other, I since have left that Dr and now have been doing pretty good.

I hope everything turns out well for you and GF

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I didn't know this until just now, apparently it was a problem with Mavrik fairway woods.  I am not the world's best but I do take extra care of putter and driver!

Well hopefully Callaway does something for any of those affected. I destroyed a putter and a 3 wood via my neglect on wiping them down and apparently at certain times out of the year some of that stuff they put down is pretty nasty

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

58 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

I was able to compete in an Xgolf tournament yesterday and get some ideas of some numbers. 

Just an FYI and may be different for you --

I'm attending a clinic at an X-Golf and one of the other guys mentioned to me compared to what he's seen on Trackman and GC Quad .. the X-Golf sim produces distances of +10 up to +20 yds more vs those other LMs.

While I cannot confirm nor deny 😂 .. but otoh the few solid shots I hit during our Par 3s practice, I thought were in line with what I'd expect on a solid shot outdoors.

*BUT* typically I do not hit solidly indoors and my shots are easy less than "expected".

So who knows YMMV

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Just an FYI and may be different for you --

I'm attending a clinic at an X-Golf and one of the other guys mentioned to me compared to what he's seen on Trackman and GC Quad .. the X-Golf sim produces distances of +10 up to +20 yds more vs those other LMs.

While I cannot confirm nor deny 😂 .. but otoh the few solid shots I hit during our Par 3s practice, I thought were in line with what I'd expect on a solid shot outdoors.

*BUT* typically I do not hit solidly indoors and my shots are easy less than "expected".

So who knows YMMV

We have an X Golf a couple miles from my summer home and  I feel that system is completely wack!! I hit almost a club and a half less on that setup than I do at a real course OR my GC Hawk. For instance we played a 162 yd par 3 and I had to hit a light PW or it went over the green. That is full swing 9 iron for me all day everywhere else. My stock yardage for my 7 iron is 182ish and I flew over a 198yd green on X Golf???? I own a GC Hawk and play on it almost daily and quit Going to X Golf because it's confusing?? Anyone invites me to go I just invite to the shop and have them buy the beer 🤣🤣

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

11 hours ago, Indy_Oz said:

Absolutely. Seems like a genuine guy and clearly worked damn hard on his short game recently. But yeah, it's great PR for Ping to be the clubs he used during that improvement phase!

Yeah for sure!!! His short game thru the playoffs last year was absolute 🔥 

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That's definitely good to know! I think that is the tricky part about simulators. Depending on the launch monitor, the numbers will definitely vary. That's why I am curious to know how that all translates to the course. We will see tomorrow!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

5 hours ago, Erin B said:

Will try and get some!

IMG_4296.jpeg.790044e9b4b47f69aa66bc9ddd0f4cf9.jpeg

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

Speaking of launch monitors being off, I'm surprised at some of the stores that they aren't lined up / calibrated. I did a fitting at PGA superstore and everything was starting left, even though the ball was hitting the screen right of the target line. I asked the fitter if the gc quad was aligned and he put the alignment stick down on the hitting strip to show it was straight. I commented that the target on the screen is left of the hitting strip. He said he can remove the target line, but he can't move it to be in line with the hitting strip as that is something corporate would have to do. He said most people like having the target line, which seems to odd to me as it isn't in line with the launch monitor. 

And then I go to Golf Galaxy yesterday and I hit a few iron shots on their Trackman, also starting far left, even though again I'm hitting the impact screen right of their target line. The guy said I should get a fitting as I probably need flatter lies on the irons. 

Having said that, I've taken lessons at PGA superstore and I've found their Trackman alignment seemed accurate. 

I would think these places would calibrate their devices regularly as people are either taking lessons or being fit for clubs. 

My suggestion is to hit a chip shot or two at the screen target line and see where the ball starts. It should match where you hit relative to the target line if things are lined up and calibrated properly. 

Rick

Cobra LTDx driver, Mizuno JPX 923 Forged irons (5-Gap), Cleveland wedges (52, 56), Odyssey 2 ball putter 

Good afternoon to all!
Hopefully your coffee was strong this morning to help offset the loss of an hour.
I'm still holding out hope that .gov will get off their asses and just stop the spring forward and fall back crap. It's no longer needed.
Anyway, enjoy your Sunday!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

23 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Good afternoon to all!
Hopefully your coffee was strong this morning to help offset the loss of an hour.
I'm still holding out hope that .gov will get off their asses and just stop the spring forward and fall back crap. It's no longer needed.
Anyway, enjoy your Sunday!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Alabama was supposed to enact this at Jan 1st

But, NOPE,  didn't happen. Spring ahead, stay ahead.  Just my .02

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

29 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I'm going to need some stout coffee in the morning, I wake up at 3:15 and now I'm losing an hour after working yesterday. 

At least I should sleep good Monday night. 

24 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm going to need some stout coffee in the morning, I wake up at 3:15 and now I'm losing an hour after working yesterday.

..either that or maybe move one time zone West .. or maybe East .. sheesh i dunno .. to see if your circadian rhythm fits into that region...

.. 'course then come Fall you'll just have to move again back in the other direction... 😆

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

12 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

..either that or maybe move one time zone West .. or maybe East .. sheesh i dunno .. to see if your circadian rhythm fits into that region...

.. 'course then come Fall you'll just have to move again back in the other direction... 😆

... We don't observe DST here in Phoenix. It really makes things so much easier. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

40 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

At least I should sleep good Monday night. 

... I understand amigo. 🙄  My last year as a DJ when I was transferring careers to acting, my Program Director let me do the all night shift from 12-5am so I could audition during the day. All alone with nobody in the building all night is boring enough, but having to do the same hour twice and a 6 hour shift when I had auditions the next day was brutal.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Jumping in early on the thread… I am still a tad miffed that my free-ranging husband time got shorted by a hour. 
  Since I am still feeling a little rambunctious, I am claiming tomorrow as mine. After all……

IMG_3809.jpeg.fbeca7e563c9cb9235cc9e29d40fe002.jpeg

So, after the early morning cryotherapy session… IT is on. I don’t know what IT is yet, I just hope I can stay awake all the way to the finish of IT. 
  Make the coming Monday yours my friends… for any other grey haired grump out there; feel free to also co-opt  the day. 

Who are you trying to fool @Dead Solid Bogey ??? You know dang well without the "paradoxical princess " to oversee your dysfunction,  you will be confused and bewildered while out and about. Hey, is that a drone following you?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.