Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, ILMgolfnut said:

@Jean D nice setup!

Good morning Spies! My sim got it's first virtual round last night. Sorta. GF somehow unplugged the TV in the garage and I was unable to get the screencast re-established once it was re-plugged, so played my round on the Garmin app on my phone. Then the issues with iffy indoor distance on the Garmin surfaced again. It was showing my drives went 75 yards. I'm short, but not that short. On the bright side, it liked my short game; I had two pitches/chips from well off the green settle within one-putt range. The problem was, with 75 yard drives, I was one-putting for double bogey. I hung it up after six holes of that, which I played in +12.

Today? Watching my Arsenal (I'm actually a dues-paying member of Arsenal FC) try to regain the Prem lead, then driving to Charlotte, which is ~ four hours depending on whether I avoid toll roads. I'll be listening to the Masters on Sirius XM, I suspect. Might go hit balls at First Tee when I arrive, depending on the status of the Masters.

@ILMgolfnut congrats on the first sim round!!!  Re: Garmin issues: how far between tee and screen and R10 to screen?  I am 10' from tee to screen and 7' R10 to tee and my distances seem pretty accurate so far.  Only have 8 iron data at moment, will post more when I can.

20240414_114005.jpg

20240414_114243.jpg

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

1 hour ago, EnderinAZ said:

I looked at your pictures from yesterday and thought "boy he spent thousands of dollars for that set up" just to give him close access to play and practice golf. 

I bought a house in Arizona, in a gated community, with 2 golf courses that are open essentially 365 days a year, bought a yearly membership, and a new golf cart to get me to either course. When I put the amount @Jean D spent vs what I spent for access to golf he got the real bargain!

Good morning spies! Figured out why I push my chips to the right yesterday. It comes from the last shoulder blowout and yet another pain avoidance habit. I think I have a fix and will be off to test it in earnest later this morning. 

If a wizard waved his wand at me and said "Prang! You have a fully healed and functional body." My golf swing would be soooooooooooooo hosed up. 

The great white north= 6 months/year you can't play on a course 😀  This was also a "keep my sanity" investment.  I don't curl or coach curling anymore...this is what I love and what I will enjoy when I retire in 10 years (ish).  But I like the Arizona option. A lot!

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

Not morning but good day spies. Been working like a madman, haven’t had a chance to watch an any of the Masters which I’m pretty sad about. Still at work right now and going to heat up my dinner and try to watch a bit for the next hour. Rain has been on and off the past few days, hoping for a nice week ahead to keep my 2 rounds a week going. I hope it’s a great Sunday and weekend for everyone!

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

7 hours ago, Jean D said:

Re: Garmin issues: how far between tee and screen and R10 to screen?  I am 10' from tee to screen and 7' R10 to tee and my distances seem pretty accurate so far. 

That's exactly the measurements I have. I'm wondering if the garage door being closed has any effect. I'm on the road until Friday night but will try opening the garage door next week.

EDIT: Garmin forums suggest adjusting the altitude setting on the Garmin and/or covering the concrete floor. I will try that next weekend. Fluorescent lighting was also cited as a factor. There isn't any other option in my garage, but opening the door and hitting during daylight hours would be an approach. I'll have to be careful because our cats can get out into the garage through a damaged cat door and thus get outside, and they're not allowed outside any more after we got a visit from Animal Control. So I'll have to block that opening into the garage.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

7 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Happy day people!!

Very nice!! Next time go out with a clear, focused, "present" mind and look out course record!! 👌

Thanks, but I guess I wasn’t focused enough.  You need to give me lessons on that.  I did birdie the first two holes and quoted Bishop Pickering… “I could break the course record… theoretically.” 🤣  Wiped out the birdies on the third hole with a double!!   Had two more birdies in a row on 14 and 15, but wiped them out with a double on the 16th.  Shot 76.  Can’t complain though; first time I've had 4 birdies in one round!!

Two days with temps around 80º; loving warmer weather...  and I shoot 74-76 on the weekend

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lovely day to be playing golf.  Unfortunately the course was very wet, I should have brought my hip waders.  Hit more mud balls than I can remember. Greens nice and squishy and slow, slow and even slower.  Bunkers were small lakes. But I was playing golf. Priceless. 

Congratulations to Scottie Scheffler for winning the Masters. He put on a ball striking clinic in a masterful performance.  So what will be next year’s  Masters dinner. 

image.jpeg.45ba5cb944ffb104a5c41adcba6b1b8e.jpeg

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg