How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, NubianRugby said:

I don't know what's worse: a 3 putt bogie or a 3 putt par, a strong argument could be made either way.

I experienced both a 3 putt par and 3 putt bogie this past Saturday and I can honestly say they both suck! 

Edited by TJ Hall

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I switched out my putter this week and put a blade into play(Bellum Winmore Model 707).  Bad decision, had 43 putts on Tuesday then 39 on Wednesday. 44/46:90 followed by 43/46:89. I switched putters to try and combat the faster greens and thought a blade would work……not!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My partner and I went out last night for the first time of the year in Peterborough, ON. We played one of the few open courses and had a great time. It was only her second time playing golf, but we walked and played a really good round. With a few mulligans, she managed to shoot a 51, and I shot a 48.

WITB 
Cobra SZ Extreme Driver

Cobra Air X 3 Wood & 5 Wood

Cobra SZ Irons 5-PW GW

Cobra Pur-S 52 & 56

Wilson LW 60

Adams Golf Putter

On 4/9/2024 at 8:23 PM, Jack Swift said:

My first time out this year my tempo was atrocious. Need some quiet time on the range before my next round. 

Jack, I hear ya. Welcome to the forums.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Played 9 holes yesterday. Really good round for me. Weather upper 60's, light breeze, full sun. Course wasn't super busy. Nice spring day. Icing on the cake was my play. First hole chipped in for birdie. Rest of play was 1 more birdie, 2 bogies, rest pars. Really happy with putting. 13 for this 9 holes. Gotta love that Sub70 004 mallet.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I may have set a new course record in The Richmond Golf Course - I was in my third bunker on a hole that only has two bunkers, and there was still another bunker ahead for me to dice with. The context is that my drive off the tee landed in a bunker that was part of an adjacent hole. From there I progressed to yet another bunker, still on that adjacent hole. And then I made it to a bunker on the hole I was supposed to be playing in. Somehow I avoided getting into a fourth bunker. Of such small achievements are records made...

This was only the second time I  played on an 18 hole course. Despite my bunker tour, and a couple of absolutely dire holes, my Shot Scope-fuelled scorecard showed that I was 16 shots better off compared to the first 18 holer I played on Feb 1. One par, and seven bogeys for this round. So progress of sorts, I suppose. 

Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4 / Callaway Rogue ST 5FW / Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids / Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW / Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60 / Odyssey White Hot OG 7 / Mizuno RB566

... I usually don't post average rounds or below average rounds. Nobody wants to read "I played OK but struggled and shot a 74-76". Nor do they want to hear "My shoulder or knee or back was an issue today". Lately I have had lots and lots of those kind of rounds. But yesterday was a fun day and I felt pretty good physically to start the round, temps were in the mid 80's and very little wind so ideal for scoring.

... Crazy round as all my birdies came back to back. I pushed a drive that took a really bad bounce on #12 and had to take a drop from under a tree for one bogie, then pulled an iron shot on the short par 3 with a pin just over a tier and no chance of getting it close for 2 bogies in a row. I also got greedy on #18 because I was swinging well and tried to hit a big drive (does that ever work?) wanting a birdie/par to shoot in the 60's. Too much effort and my body got in front and I blocked the drive under a tree. I could hit a shot but had to keep it under limbs and was able to get a hybrid in the green side bunker from 205yds. Hit a nice sand shot that left me a 6 footer to a pin perched on the edge of a hogback. Hit the putt we all hate where it broke around the hole and finished 3 inches around the hole on the other side but even with it. Seemingly impossible to finish there without going in the hole but of course it did. 

Scorecard410.jpg.0fb574f9fecf08117f96ee8ecf608a6b.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

20 hours ago, Green4Spinach said:

I may have set a new course record in The Richmond Golf Course - I was in my third bunker on a hole that only has two bunkers, and there was still another bunker ahead for me to dice with. The context is that my drive off the tee landed in a bunker that was part of an adjacent hole. From there I progressed to yet another bunker, still on that adjacent hole. And then I made it to a bunker on the hole I was supposed to be playing in. Somehow I avoided getting into a fourth bunker. Of such small achievements are records made...

This was only the second time I  played on an 18 hole course. Despite my bunker tour, and a couple of absolutely dire holes, my Shot Scope-fuelled scorecard showed that I was 16 shots better off compared to the first 18 holer I played on Feb 1. One par, and seven bogeys for this round. So progress of sorts, I suppose. 

Yep, I can feel your pain. There are times that I'm on the wrong fairway. I sometimes tell myself- at least I'm in a fairway... 🤷‍♂️

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

20240411_170013.jpg.dcf203770fd6a20a90dec6cb21eed94e.jpg20240411_172622.jpg.c79037155e7d46950affb6c5c475708d.jpg

Decent round yesterday. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

12 hours ago, VernL4 said:

Yep, I can feel your pain. There are times that I'm on the wrong fairway. I sometimes tell myself- at least I'm in a fairway... 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been there far too many times…love the look from the group coming down that fairway, “how did you end up there???”

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Had a good fun scramble with a mate. We hit 19 over for the round. Got one birdie, and a couple of pars, the rest were bogies and doubles.

Ground was starting to dry out a little which made gameplay much more fun!!

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

Just wrapped up my first round of the year here in NS Canada, and boy, it felt good to be back on the course!  Despite only the front 9 being open, I doubled down on the opportunity and played it twice. Conditions weren't exactly ideal - a bit of wind, some soggy patches here and there - but hey, it's the first round of the year, and that alone makes it special.

The game itself was a mixed bag. My swing felt a bit rusty at first, like trying to remember the lyrics to a favorite song after not hearing it for months. But as I got into the groove and my swing started to cooperate, things felt better. Not quite back to my usual form yet, but that's all part of the process. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a perfect golf swing!

Already looking forward to tomorrow's round. Can't wait to get back out there, work on ironing out the kinks, and just soak up the joy of the game. Here's to many more rounds and countless memories on the course!

Driver: Mizuno Stz

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW

Wedges: Vokeys

Putter: Phantom 5.5

Ball: ProV or Chrome Tour X

24 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Only the fourth 18 hole round of the year for me and already a new PR with a 40/42 for an 82. I sure hope that wasn’t a fluke and it is a sign of things to come. Biggest thing for me today was keeping the doubles off the card. Tee shots were not great but they never were terrible and the short game really helped me out today including 29 putts. Stats for the round were two birds, four pars, and twelve bogeys with four fairways and three GIR. 

Congratulations on the great round and personal best! I'm happy to hear that. 

33 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations on the great round and personal best! I'm happy to hear that. 

Thank you! I’ve been working on the most important part of the game for any golfer, that area between our ears. Looking for the smart shots which may not necessarily be the aggressive shots that I take way too often. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Shot a 68 at the Old Course … in the sim with 8 foot gimmes, but still 😉IMG_3372.jpeg.40e22563df934917c21dfd2ecee0d8ee.jpeg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 hour ago, ParFore74x said:

Thank you! I’ve been working on the most important part of the game for any golfer, that area between our ears. Looking for the smart shots which may not necessarily be the aggressive shots that I take way too often. 

I can't remember who said it, but it was something like "the most important six inches in golf is the space between your ears"and I totally agree. We tend to get in our on way on the course. I've been watching some videos recently from Golf Sidekick and he talks course strategy. I'm hoping I can convince myself to be a little smarter on the course. 

I'm not going to say I completely agree on everything he says, but I do like how he plots his way around a course. That, and the language disconnect is pretty entertaining. 

One word…crappy!

The wind was all over the place with some big gusts.  Off the tee was a real struggle, hit some decent irons and then some not so decent irons…short game saved me today!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

It was a beautiful day for a round, but it was a bit windy. Back nine was 5 stokes better than the front. My short game started to come around today. Excited to keep working and hopefully knocking the handicap down.

Driver: Mizuno ST180 - HZRDUS Smoke Blue 6.5

3W: Mizuno ST180 - Tensei White

3H: Mizuno JPX 900 

4-PW: Mizuno JPX Tour 900 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

50, 54, 58: Mizuno T7 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

Putter: Varies

"Win with Humility, Lose with Grace, and Do Both with Dignity" - Someone Smarter Than Me

5 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Only the fourth 18 hole round of the year for me and already a new PR with a 40/42 for an 82. I sure hope that wasn’t a fluke and it is a sign of things to come. Biggest thing for me today was keeping the doubles off the card. Tee shots were not great but they never were terrible and the short game really helped me out today including 29 putts. Stats for the round were two birds, four pars, and twelve bogeys with four fairways and three GIR. 

Congratulations on your PR!!  Nicely done… do it again.  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Congrats on the personal best! It will get even better from here.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Today was the best golf day of the year; 75º a few clouds and no wind.  I haven’t played well this year with scores around 80, and I was beginning to think that I wasn’t going to have any low rounds.  Well, now I’m happy again!!

My wife and I played later this morning after the Men’s Club 4 nines tournament.  It was slow, but being a nice day, I was OK with it.  I was +1 on the front nine; one birdie and 2 bogeys for a 38.  The back nine was the same… +1; one birdie and 2 bogeys for a 36.  Shot under my age again!!!  74.  

Driving was just OK and short game was still there.  Better iron shots; hit 10 GIR and the two birdies were on par 3 holes; both about 7 foot putts.  Tomorrow is supposed to be the same temps, but we tee off very early so it will be colder.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations on your PR!!  Nicely done… do it again.  😃

1 minute ago, William P said:

Congrats on the personal best! It will get even better from here.

Thanks!! Keeping those doubles off the card sure seems to help other things happen. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Today was the best golf day of the year; 75º a few clouds and no wind.  I haven’t played well this year with scores around 80, and I was beginning to think that I wasn’t going to have any low rounds.  Well, now I’m happy again!!

My wife and I played later this morning after the Men’s Club 4 nines tournament.  It was slow, but being a nice day, I was OK with it.  I was +1 on the front nine; one birdie and 2 bogeys for a 38.  The back nine was the same… +1; one birdie and 2 bogeys for a 36.  Shot under my age again!!!  74.  

Driving was just OK and short game was still there.  Better iron shots; hit 10 GIR and the two birdies were on par 3 holes; both about 7 foot putts.  Tomorrow is supposed to be the same temps, but we tee off very early so it will be colder.  

Way to go low @Kenny B, nice round!