Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Well, I actually played twice this weekend. Took the newly arrived Taylormade Burner 2.0's that I picked up on the cheap from site sponsor GolfDiscount.com, had a local fitter tweak them to me and my swing ( grips, and tips ). When I was shopping for new irons I really wasn't sold on going with the latest and greatest, just something that worked well for me. This is a big change too. Going from Adams a30s, with regular flex graphite shafts that were .5" longer than standard to accommodate a bum shoulder, to the Burner's with Stiff flex steel shafts at standard length. I haven't got the full details on what was adjusted yet, since I haven't had a chance to talk to the fitter since he did the work, and honestly, considering the result, I am not sure I care :D.

Saturdays round, I got out late after knocking out some honey do's. Hit the first tee about 2:30 after a VERY brief warmup (and a week out of town). Decided that since what I really wanted to do was feel out the irons, I would start out with the 4i and just feel it out. Though I did hit the driver a few times, I tended to lean on the new irons for most of the round. The result, was very interesting. The total score wasn't very good, at a 96, however considering some of the quirky strange bits of luck that is part and parcel to the game, I have no complaints. There was the penalty for being conservative on the par 3 4th, dropping an 8i shot just a touch short of the green, bouncing it off a sprinkler head in into the water on the right. There was the ego bruising tee shot on par 4 #13 that had the tee box pushed so far forward that I just HAD to try and get there in 1, which ended up taking the penalty for the OB and playing it smart the second try :-). Then, considering the day, I should have seen the insanity coming, on the par 4 #14 when I punched a lovely 5i off the tee box to about 130. Couldn't decide between the AW or PW. Went with the AW, hit it clean, distance looked good, great line, right up till it hit the flag stick on the fly turned right, bounced, rolled (and rolled, and rolled some more) all the way off the longest part of the green, which I then three putted because I couldn't stop laughing. Then came the implosion. I took a 10 on the par 5 15. Managed to visit two different sand traps on opposing sides of the green. On the upside, the first out was a great shot. I have no idea how I hit that much sand and still got over 40 yards in carry from a 60 degree wedge. Come to think of it, I probably don't want to know. Then to add insult to injury, on 16, I hit in the fairway, both myself and my playing partner saw it. Middle of the fairway, good distance, nice bounce, and yet neither of us could find the ball when we got there after his shank into the woods and then second shot. So another penalty. So in the end, I was hitting the ball well, but the results really didn't reflect the way the round felt. I had more good swings than bad, and a couple of just pure unadulterated belly laughers.

Because of this, I decided to squeeze in 9 holes monday. 40 strokes later, I hit the clubhouse with 3 pars, 2 doubles and 4 singles. No penalties, no sand, no water, no quirky stuff ( unless you count the one and only driver swing of the day that never got much over about 24" off the ground that somehow still managed to travel 220 yards, i don't ).

So, the new irons? well, it is probably still early, but I think they are a good fit. They are a good bit less forgiving than the Adams, no question about it. However, getting a shape to the flight path is much easier to do on demand. The distance and trajectory look and feel really good, and given some further refinement and improvement in the tool swinging the clubs, there is a good chance that these should be a solid set of irons to work with for the next 3-4 years while I work that handicap lower.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Well, I'm going through a small swing change that has me flushing the ball and is getting back to the draw I've always been used to. I didn't score well at all yesterday. I was hitting everything long and my short game was horrible. I was hitting it long and into the fairway off the tee, then proceeded to hit everything over the green and I'm not talking about just off, I'm talking 15-20yds over every green. Then my chipping was way off and I was three jacking everything on slow hairy greens. I walked away feeling good about how I hit the ball, but disgusted at the final score (which I'm not going to mention, because in my mind it never happened). Only a few rounds left on the season, but I plan on going into next season on a high note.

Only a few rounds left on the season, but I plan on going into next season on a high note.

Sounds like a good way to win some money :-)

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I put the long putter, newly rebuilt with new shaft and grip in the bag yesterday just for the heck of it. 23 putts and 70 strokes later I think it may stay there for a while. I had 3 birdies, 1 bogey and the rest pars. We wanted to play the front nine first and a fivesome was teeing off, so we started on 2. I hit my approach to the number 3 tee box then pitched over the mogals and it rolled past the flag to the fringe. I thought just get this close so you can make a bogey, and putted it in from off the green about 30 feet. So I ended up with a par and no official putts. This set the tone for the day and I played great. The one bogey was a poor drive, had to punch out and then got on the green to 20 feet and lipped out. I could have had a few more birdies drop. The other time I hit into the woods on a par 5. I tried to hit it out one direction and it hit a tree and went the other way, but came to a stop 138 yards out in the middle of the fairway. I will be back out in about 3 hours. With the long putter.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Nice RR - getting ready to give me a few strokes when you're here in a couple of weeks - I like it. ;)

Shot a not so hot 40-36 today - but the big news is that from 7 on the Mizunos kicked in and felt like my clubs for the very first time. By the end of the round I had confidence that my iron shots were going to go the proper distance, trajector and yes even direction. I was even on the back, 2 birdies, 2 bogeys, one bogey came from a bad 5 wood on a 420 yard par 4 into the wind - hit my best drive of the day, had 185 into a full club plus wind and ballooned my 5 wood into the trap short right of the green - poor shot - you always have to hit it left of that trap on that hole - if the pin is tucked - take the long 2 putt and move on - the other bogey game when I duck hooked a drive into some thick rough on 17, had to hack it out and couldn't get home in 3 on the par 5 - failed to get up and down. The highlight of the round was a great drive on 18 and a seven iron from 150 into a slight breeze (down significantly from when we played 12) to 3 feet - rammed that bad boy into the back of the putt for birdie but especially loved feeling like I would hit the 7 iron close.

On a side note I was 2/4 from the traps today and had good looks at par on the other 2 - that's awesome for me - I find that I'm equally adept with the Scor 55 or 60 out of the sand - the 55 runs out a bit and the 60 grabs right away - I was able to land it dead on the spot I was aiming for both times I used it. :)

Overall I think I'm starting to feel comfortable with these clubs.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice RR - getting ready to give me a few strokes when you're here in a couple of weeks - I like it. ;)

Shot a not so hot 40-36 today - but the big news is that from 7 on the Mizunos kicked in and felt like my clubs for the very first time. .

Glad to hear you are becoming acclimated to the new clubs. I probably will not have to give strokes. I will be pleased to break while I am there. I definately have home field advantage here.

I went out this afternoon, 4 under through 14 holes. Shot 5 over on the last 4. I did not really hit bad shots but the hole locations were a bear and left myself in a poor position. There was a 17 mph wind and I was concerned about going in the water on the last three holes and over clubbed. I hit the greens in regulation but I had four 3 putts in a row. On 15, while I was on the green, I could not get to the hole from where I was without having to putt off the green up a steep mogal. It came down the hill so fast i should have not tried to make the putt. Apparently, the guy who put the holes in this morning was not happy. He does not play golf but if you picked a location, coupled with the wind, that would be the hardest place to get to, that is where he put them.

I then had over an hour before the wife came home so we decided to play on, and on the second hole I hit the highest ugliest hook of my life. I was 225 from the green in the woods, across a stream and trees on the other side block in the green. I hit a guided missle with my 4 wood that started low, turned a bit to the left, and climbed above the trees like it was a TOW missle and dropped on the green and rolled to the fringe. It was a Tiger Woods or Bubba Watson type shot. I never would have tried in had it not been just extra holes and the other guys were stinking it up as much as I did. I had the only par on that hole.

Today, we started with 6 players and picked up a 7th at the turn. Normally, this is not allowed but as long as we did not hold anyone up no one will say anything to us. We teed off at 1 pm and finished at 5:30. So it took forever. I am very proud of myself. I do not play well normally in large groups. Also I do not like to play the back nine first. But we did. I could not make a putt. to start the day. I felt like I was playing horribly and if you would have asked me while making the turn I would have told you I would not break 100. However, as we were waiting to start the second 9 (the front nine) I totaled up my score and had shot a 41. I totaled everyone's score and actually had shot the second worst. On the second 9, I missed 5 putts less than 5 feet and felt like I was playing worse than I did on the front because I had that many opportunities and did not capitalize. But when I added up the score I shot a 38 on the back, for a total of 79 and ended up two strokes from winning the bets. The winner actually had a higher score than I did but he had a lower quota to get. He beat his by one stroke and I just made mine.

Looking back on the round, I was great from tee to green except for one hole, and my problems began on the green. I had two eagle putts and made pars on both. I am probably beating myself up over putts and talking myself out of making them. My putt reading is great. I told my partners all day where to putt it and they were making it, but for some reason, I hit really good putts that did not fall.

I guess breaking 80 on a day where you really do not feel you played your best is really pretty good. But I had 36 putts including five 3 putts. Obviously, I am not on the right track with my putter situation. Tomorrow is a new day and an 11:30 tee time. Plenty of time to work out the putting situation. Actually, I have been playing the long putter the last week but I will probably use the conventional one tomorrow.

Had treatments this week and had a reaction to meds so I spent a few days in the hospital. Everything's cool & I got out today. Went over to the club to putt however didn't feel that great so I just sat around the grill room and listened to the lies..lol. That's almost as much fun as playin. I'll be ok by Saturday for the swat.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Damn, glad you at least got to enjoy the guys improving their lies.

I'll make u guys feel better about your games. I played yesterday at a short course around 6100 yards from the back tees. It has a ton of trees though so it's tough if u don't manage your game well which I do not. I still pull out driver when I should hit 4 iron off the tee. I shot 86 but was struggling throughout. 3 putted the first 2 holes for bogey, never got a great feel for the greens all day. They were rolling smooth and fast and I was blowing it by all day. I am a putter ***** in case u guys didn't know. I have a custom machine, a MannKrafted, and 2 Scotties. I have a hard time sticking with 1 and that prob adds to my problems. Hit the irons on the toe all day but still hit a few good shots with them. It's a frustrating game but I can't wait to play again.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Had treatments this week and had a reaction to meds so I spent a few days in the hospital. Everything's cool & I got out today. Went over to the club to putt however didn't feel that great so I just sat around the grill room and listened to the lies..lol. That's almost as much fun as playin. I'll be ok by Saturday for the swat.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Hope you're feeling better and will be done with treatment soon!!!! If ever you need some prayers your way let me know - we had you in the prayers at church a while back and I'd be happy to put you back in whenever you're going through a treatment cycle.

@ Matt we've all been there, done that - when do you get the new putter? You never know the fitting may make all the difference for you. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rev, I'm going to Chicago Nov 12 for my fitting. Looking forward to it and can't wait to see the finished product!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I played the "Game Improvement Irons" this weekend, well, Saturday and Sunday. Oddly enough, I hit fewer GIR with the more forgiving irons. I missed a lot yesterday, but we had 22 mph wind so missing a green is not that big of a deal, however, today it was a reasonable wind, 1" of rain at 4 am. So, while I was all excited about taking the GI irons to Florida, right now probably not. I will take the Mizzies.

Big news, I change my putting grip yesterday about half way through the round. I had a interlocking grip that felt so great but could not make a stinking putt. I switched to a overlapping three fingers on my right hand over my left hand. Wow, I can not believe how much difference it makes. I putted really well all day today and yesterday after I changed.

I'm starting to get jealous of you southern boys. I played a round today that was cold & windy. The first 12 holes were kinda ugly....+13.....I was cold (ya...that's it...cold ;)).

Anyway.......I finally got in the groove after 12 holes and played the final 6 holes 1-under....hitting the flagstick twice on chip shots :D I was pretty darn happy with those final holes.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I played this afternoon with the old men. My intent was to go play and practice my up and downs from the short side grass with my 64* wedge. Well, when I got there they were just arriving and asked me to play with them so I did. I got plenty of practice with this wedge. I had 14 pars in a row. Getting up and down from the short side 11 times total today. I had two bogies. One was a three putt but OMG it was a difficult putt. I should have not even considered trying to make the birdie but I was 20 feet from the hole in two on a 400 yard hole. But this 20 foot putt had 10 feet of break and the farther I played it out the more it broke. I had to putt it off the green and let it trickle back on. It almost came to a complete stop but trickled on and started to pick up speed and missed the cup by a 1/4" and was still picking up speed and left me a 10 foot par putt which I missed. I should have putted to a spot 4 feet below the hole but I had to give it a try.

I followed this up with two more pars and then hit the only poor shot of the day on the 18th hole. I got lucky and pulled my drive 80 yards left, but ended up on dry land and 240 yards from the island green. I then hit a hybrid to 40 yards and then had 25 footer for par but played too much break. So a 74 and lots of practice getting up and down. I made several that were world class. Incredible pitches and putts. The pen placements are 4 or 5 paces on the green and I do not know if it was subconscious or not but every time I missed a green I was in a grass bunker with 5 paces of green to work with. If I hit the green than I had a tricky side hill putt, but honestly I had more bogey opportunities and made par than I had birdie opportunities and made par.

Nice job - I'm going to call right now and make our tee time for next tuesday. A warning about Pine Barrens - all sand is waste area (alla Kiwah Island or Whistling Straits except in the PGA). It's very heavy sand, very heavy but........ you can take a practice swing when you're in it - I've found that taking the practice swing is a key and my 64 has been a good club from that sand when I've been there with it in the bag.

I'm hopeful that my SCOR 60 will do the trick out of that sand now. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Nice job - I'm going to call right now and make our tee time for next tuesday. A warning about Pine Barrens - all sand is waste area (alla Kiwah Island or Whistling Straits except in the PGA). It's very heavy sand, very heavy but........ you can take a practice swing when you're in it - I've found that taking the practice swing is a key and my 64 has been a good club from that sand when I've been there with it in the bag.

I'm hopeful that my SCOR 60 will do the trick out of that sand now. :)

Great news about the sand. We have 1 sand bunker on the whole course. And that has only been there for a month. A few years ago we renovated 9 holes, and the designer took out the sand bunkers and put in grass bunkers. This was supposed to be the wave of the future easier to maintain and would speed up play because you did not have to rake the bunkers. The older nine holes had a few sand bunkers. Of course, it turned out not to speed up play, because you rarely have to look for a ball in a sand bunker. In the grass bunker the ball would bury and it was difficult to find. And of course you can not spin a ball out of a grass bunker. Everybody hates the grass bunkers. Sand bunkers are more intimidating but really much easier to hit out of with the proper technique.

When we renovated the other 9 holes (actually 10 because we rebuilt one hole that was already done), we went back to sand bunkers including those from the earlier change. We have a bunch 70+ "sand" bunkers now, however, we have grass in them and will not have sand in them until next year. Some of the new ones do not even have much grass so they are played as lift, clean, and place. The greens are nice but a few bunkers are still a work in progress. Speaking of which, the start on the new clubhouse next week.

So, while I used to be pretty decent out of the sand, I have only been in sand bunkers 6 times this year. This is one reason why I am spending time the next two days with the 64* wedge. I thought about taking my 60 * Sure Out Hogan but I like the 64* better. Especially out of wet sand.

• SPY VIP

Great news about the sand. We have 1 sand bunker on the whole course. And that has only been there for a month. A few years ago we renovated 9 holes, and the designer took out the sand bunkers and put in grass bunkers. This was supposed to be the wave of the future easier to maintain and would speed up play because you did not have to rake the bunkers. The older nine holes had a few sand bunkers. Of course, it turned out not to speed up play, because you rarely have to look for a ball in a sand bunker. In the grass bunker the ball would bury and it was difficult to find. And of course you can not spin a ball out of a grass bunker. Everybody hates the grass bunkers. Sand bunkers are more intimidating but really much easier to hit out of with the proper technique.

When we renovated the other 9 holes (actually 10 because we rebuilt one hole that was already done), we went back to sand bunkers including those from the earlier change. We have a bunch 70+ "sand" bunkers now, however, we have grass in them and will not have sand in them until next year. Some of the new ones do not even have much grass so they are played as lift, clean, and place. The greens are nice but a few bunkers are still a work in progress. Speaking of which, the start on the new clubhouse next week.

So, while I used to be pretty decent out of the sand, I have only been in sand bunkers 6 times this year. This is one reason why I am spending time the next two days with the 64* wedge. I thought about taking my 60 * Sure Out Hogan but I like the 64* better. Especially out of wet sand.

Dude, one sand trap on the whole frickin course? That's incredible! I read on another thread where ya said that you'd give up two toes & a testicle to play Augusta.

I'd keep the toes, but I'd give up a testicle to play a one sand trap club as my home track! I had prostrate cancer & fried 'em so it ain't no big thang!.lol

One sand trap? I'm definitely comin down to play. How long from the tips?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

One trap would greatly speed up play in our house. Trust me when I say if there's a bunker Nidine's ball will find it.

BTW, RP how you feeling these days?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

It's been a good week Danno. Had the radiation the past two weeks so it was a long couple of weeks. Got out Sunday and didn't play that great(77), but it was a beautiful day and I felt good so I've adjusted my bar on what constitutes a "great" day.

I'm back to playin 4-5 times this week, so hopefully my scores'll drop.

Thanks for askin Dude, it means a lot.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Great to hear hopefully the scores will be back to normal too.

You went daily I assume? My day did 37 straight days of treatment on his. I guess there's a formula he said for how many days you need to go it. Sounds like they caught you early enough and got things under control which is fantastic, cause I was really worried about your balls in the other thread.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I read on another thread where ya said that you'd give up two toes & a testicle to play Augusta.

I'd keep the toes, but I'd give up a testicle to play a one sand trap club as my home track! I had prostrate cancer & fried 'em so it ain't no big thang!.lol

Sorry you misunderstood exactly what I said. It was for an Augusta membership not to play. But even more importantly, Rookie said he would give two toes and a testicle for a membership. I said what the heck, I will give two of his toes and both of his testicles. I would not give up anything of mine but since he was offering, why not go all out..:D

Dude, one sand trap on the whole frickin course?

One sand trap? I'm definitely comin down to play. How long from the tips?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Yes, from March to September, we have had no sand bunkers. Now we have 1 sand bunker. Next summer we will have 50-70 sand bunkers. This year we have grass bunkers. These are great in that you do not have to rake them. However, sand is much more predictable that grass. You can spin the ball out of sand but you can not out of the deep grass. If the ball is sitting up in the grass it is no problem but the grass in these bunkers is 4 inches deep. If you find the ball in the bunker and are playing it down, some of the bunkers we play up because one part will have really thick grass and next to it will be mud, all you can do is chop down on the ball. It may come out with a ton of spin and check up leaving you real short, or it may come out with overspin and roll all the way across to the other bunker, OR much worse, it can pop out like a flyer and never even touch the green.

These may seem very benign compared to sand but they are much more unpredictable. I can hardly wait until we have sand again. We did away with the sand because we are importing it from Florida. Texas sand is great for making concrete and unfortunately that is what it was like before.

One trap would greatly speed up play in our house. Trust me when I say if there's a bunker Nidine's ball will find it.

The original thought I believe was to speed up play. No raking. No leaving it in the bunker. Just hit the ball and go. Easier to maintain. However, there are many times throughout the round where the ball is not sitting on top of the grass, so then it is search party time. It is also infuriating to hit a ball on a par 3, see it go into the bunker and then not find it because it is down in the grass.

The walls of these are also incredibly steep. I hit one today into the bunker and when I went to hit it out the ball was chest high, luckily it was sitting on top of the grass. Had it been buried I am not sure where it would have gone if I had to hit it hard. As it was, I just had to pick it off and throw it in the air about four feet and that went over the mound and rolled down the hill to about 6 feet from the pin.

This is what I get for actually playing golf yesterday afternoon/evening. I missed out on this conversation. And I played like crap - 80 - 80 first time since July - I'm beginning to wonder about switching back from graphite to steel - I don't think I need this grief - I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether or not I want to take the shafts out of my old irons and have them put in the Mizuno's. :angry:

On a very positive note I hit the Adams hybrid early, often and great - used it off the tee a number of times just to get the feel for it and twice on par 3's 190 and 194 both into the breeze - I was hole high on the first and past hole high on the second in the fringe and putting both times - I also hit it 200 off the tee a couple of times.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I played yesterday and went early so I could spend the evening with the wife. As I was there she sent me a text saying that something happened and she would not be home so I was on my own. So I played another 18 holes, but two things happened. First off, I was putting like crazy and had 7 birdies and 4 bogies and shot a 69.

The other thing is I reshafted my 2 iron (Mizuno Fli Hi 18*) with a graphite shaft. This was an older shaft that been cut to the point that it was too short for most applications. This made the club really light. Since I replaced the 130g shaft with a 65 g. I did not like it at first but I was getting a great high ball flight that was straight and very long. I had really developed a feel for this club and was loving it. On the 17th hole, 205 yard par 3 with a 160 yard carry over water, I hit a tee shot and took a divot, the ball took off but the follow through felt really funny. What I thought was the divot really kept going and hit the cart path with a clank, bounced three or four times and bounced off the bridge and into the water. I was left standing there with a shaft that was broken right at the ferrule. The ball luckily did carry the water, and I got up and down but no more 2 iron.

On a side not, with nothing between the 4 iron and the 3 wood, you would be surprised how many times you can end up in that range during the course of the next 18 holes. 19 actually.

I played yesterday and went early so I could spend the evening with the wife. As I was there she sent me a text saying that something happened and she would not be home so I was on my own. So I played another 18 holes, but two things happened. First off, I was putting like crazy and had 7 birdies and 4 bogies and shot a 69.

The other thing is I reshafted my 2 iron (Mizuno Fli Hi 18*) with a graphite shaft. This was an older shaft that been cut to the point that it was too short for most applications. This made the club really light. Since I replaced the 130g shaft with a 65 g. I did not like it at first but I was getting a great high ball flight that was straight and very long. I had really developed a feel for this club and was loving it. On the 17th hole, 205 yard par 3 with a 160 yard carry over water, I hit a tee shot and took a divot, the ball took off but the follow through felt really funny. What I thought was the divot really kept going and hit the cart path with a clank, bounced three or four times and bounced off the bridge and into the water. I was left standing there with a shaft that was broken right at the ferrule. The ball luckily did carry the water, and I got up and down but no more 2 iron.

On a side not, with nothing between the 4 iron and the 3 wood, you would be surprised how many times you can end up in that range during the course of the next 18 holes. 19 actually.

Ouch, but I bet the pond divers will retrieve it and sell it on ebay, so no need to mourn your club head, it'll be in a better place soon.

Ouch, but I bet the pond divers will retrieve it and sell it on ebay, so no need to mourn your club head, it'll be in a better place soon.

That area is not deep (6" right now and 4 feet when we have rain) and I might go out in a bit with rubber boots, it is buried in the mud. It is probably not worth much effort because as I said hit and bounced down the concrete cart path several times. The good news is I have been wanting an R11 hybrid but did not really need it because I had the 2 iron.

I hit a tee shot and took a divot, the ball took off but the follow through felt really funny. What I thought was the divot really kept going and hit the cart path with a clank, bounced three or four times and bounced off the bridge and into the water. I was left standing there with a shaft that was broken right at the ferrule. The ball luckily did carry the water, and I got up and down but no more 2 iron.

That blows. Do you think the shaft got too hot changing out the last head, or was the head not chamfered properly?

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

I snuck in a round this morning. Cool, cloudy, wet, 45Ëš. My summer drives that are an honest 245 were going no more than 225 in these conditions. Which was fine, really. It just added a couple clubs to approach shots. I hit my 25Ëš hybrid a whole lot today!

I only hit 6 GIR, and still took 36 putts, so I feel happy to have walked away with an 85. Today's shot-that-keeps-ya-coming-back was a long bunker shot that lipped out and gave me a tap in par.

One man, one ball, one cart, 1 hour 55 minutes :)

One thing to note though; I think it was RR who mentioned it a few weeks ago about slowing down and swinging easy. Since then I have noticeably slowed down my tempo, especially on the backswing. That, and flattening my irons and I am rarely hitting those damn hard left pulls :D

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

That blows. Do you think the shaft got too hot changing out the last head, or was the head not chamfered properly?

I think the head was not chamfered. I remembered that it was a sharp edge but did not give it any thought. But after I watched the head bounce down the path and into the lake it occurred to me that perhaps going from steel to graphite is not the same as graphite to steel. The shaft looked like it was cut with a knife below the ferrule so it was sheared not over cooked.

I have stuff to do to get ready for my trip but did slip out for a quick 9. 24+ mph winds. I hit driver and wedge on a 485 yard par 5 and went over the green. I hit driver, 3 wood, wedge on the 385 yard par 4 coming back the other way.