Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Over the decades, studies about the consumption of bacon have been anything but consistent.  For years my wife wouldn't buy any and I only ate it when ordering breakfast while eating out.  Then, the rescind parts of the study and say it's fine... all those years wasted 😐.  Absolutely everything tastes better with bacon.  

I’m not a bacon guy, once in a while eating breakfast out. 
There is a couple guys who don’t eat bacon they consume it.  Before the Pandemic we would go to a couple breakfast buffets and they would have plates FILLED with just bacon!!  Don’t know how they didn’t get sick!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’m not a bacon guy, once in a while eating breakfast out. 
There is a couple guys who don’t eat bacon they consume it.  Before the Pandemic we would go to a couple breakfast buffets and they would have plates FILLED with just bacon!!  Don’t know how they didn’t get sick!

I  finally figured out if I peel away the fat strips on the cooked bacon and just eat the meat part I can eat two pieces before it causes trouble.  If I don't peel away the fat I need to eat about 12 tums in two hours.  Much like a swing change it took a lot of dedication (and tums) to get that figured out but it was worth it!!   👍

Sausage does the same thing to me but there's no way to get rid of the fat in it.  Sometimes I can't help myself and I just carry the tums jug with me.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I  finally figured out if I peel away the fat strips on the cooked bacon and just eat the meat part I can eat two pieces before it causes trouble.  If I don't peel away the fat I need to eat about 12 tums in two hours.  Much like a swing change it took a lot of dedication (and tums) to get that figured out but it was worth it!!   👍

Sausage does the same thing to me but there's no way to get rid of the fat in it.  Sometimes I can't help myself and I just carry the tums jug with me.

Some sausage I’m good with but not breakfast sausage.  Sausage/Peppers/Onions over spaghetti is my perfect health food 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

29 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Started out as one of the best ball striking days I have had in a while,  but back tightened up a little  late on the front nine and I started to struggle with iron shots.  

The back was probably a little tight due to all the driver testing. Glad you were striking the ball well.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

11 FW, 8 Greens, 37 putts   41/41:84

I got great news for you to start off the New Year.....

you actually shot an 82!!  😄

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Friday morning Bacon Boyz.  65*, breezy and VERY Foggy with a 7:20 Tee Time.  Played OK considering the “Boyz” were started celebrating the new year with Fireball a bit early and after every Par.  They weren’t taking any chances on Birdies. 
I was hitting everything pretty well.  My thoughts on new irons (current G710) are on hold.  Finished 2021 with +4 & 1 Bird.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Was able to play yesterday, post shoulder injury.  It is still a bit on the twingy side when I use it to lift or try to raise it too high, but it wasn't bothersome for the full swing.  Moved up a set of tees because that's where the other 3 were playing from.  Dropped my handicap to a 5 for that set of tees.  Despite taking a double on a par 5 when I tried to putt out of a green side trap, I shot a nice 76.  It really helps me when I hit GIR and can avoid trying to get up and down out of the tight, yet sloppy, areas around the greens.  While my putting was pretty good, I did miss a couple of makable putts.  The weather was overcast but in the mid to upper 60s and quite pleasant but the ground was wet from recent rains (cart path only).  Raining cats and dogs today and weather will be turning cold tomorrow.  Hard to believe we were in the 70s for Christmas and winter is going to catch up to us now.  Welcome to 2022!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

20 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The back was probably a little tight due to all the driver testing. Glad you were striking the ball well.

I wish it was due to the driver testing;  hadn't swing a club for 7 days prior to the round.   Had to take a break due to the holidays and a potential covid exposure. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

We played in a new years day scramble....50* which was nice  😀.....   

but it rained all day too....which was not so nice.  😩  We had to draft the kid into being our 4th at the last minute (hadn't picked up a club since July) so it was more about family time than scoring.  

We ended up 10 under which I thought was OK given the conditions but were 7 shots off the winning score...😱  Congrats to them, that is some serious scoring in the cold rain!  

I was happy with my driver swing and most approach shots except for a few 30 - 40 yard'ers where I didn't judge the run out correctly and was 15' from the hole.  What should have been tap in birdies ended up as pars because we all missed the birdie putt.  

Everything should be dry by now and ready to put away, it was spread out around the stove in the workshop all night.

8 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Bermagui, a magnificent little town on NSW south coast that’s more renowned for fishing than golf.

Been to Bermagui many a time.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Tuesday 1st round of the New Year.  COLD & WINDY for Florida, 43* & 6-10 mph.  Toughed out a +5, no birds with 1 double.  

Wednesday different day!!  56* with no wind and sunny.  Opened with 3 Bogies but settled down for a 40 with 1 Bird on 9.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday 1st round of the New Year.  COLD & WINDY for Florida, 43* & 6-10 mph.  Toughed out a +5, no birds with 1 double.  

Wednesday different day!!  56* with no wind and sunny.  Opened with 3 Bogies but settled down for a 40 with 1 Bird on 9.

I just got back down south after spending the holidays up on Long Island. I was supposed to play Tuesday for the first time since before Thanksgiving, but a frost delay and CPO was enough to make me and a few others drop out of opening day of my Tuesday league. It never got above 45 and the winds were blowing a steady 15-20mph. Surprisingly they had enough players show up to play the game. (I’m thinking a lot were snow birds)🙄

I’m kicking it off tomorrow instead at Crow Creek. They have me on the 6200 yard tees, which is just about my limit, but it’s one of my favorites down here because it’s one of the very few down here with the same grass I learned to play on up north, so I’m really looking forward to it.

Then the year really gets started.  I’ll settle into my regular Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday routine. Thursday is basically a fun travel league, but because there are over 100 players, we get great rates on all the premier courses. Tuesday and Saturdays at my home club are a lot more serious because of the amount of money on the line.

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

Brisk wind and I don't think I made a putt on the first 9 holes.  Disappointing 84 today.  My shoulder is still healing, so I shouldn't complain, I guess.  Going to be cold the next few days, so I'm guessing I won't be playing until Saturday -- and there's an 80% chance of rain that day.......oh well!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Good scores and better play are right around the corner right? Well evidently I thought I was a Nascar driver as I could not seem to take any corners and just kept going in a circle for a good month now. Just a plethora of mid to upper 70 scores with few birdies and lots and lots of grinding for pars. Just not a lot of fun. A challenge yes, and we all hit these slumps but not for an entire month when playing 4-5 times a week. This elbow tendonitis has been a game wrecker and I have been protecting my elbow and just afraid to extend through and after impact causing a myriad of swing problems. Yesterday after my last rehab and feeling pretty good I took off my elbow brace after another lack luster front 9. 

... Instantly felt freer and started to get my normal swing feel back. Had 2 birdies and a bogie on the back and birdies have been very few and far between lately. So I decided to play without my elbow brace again today and not only did my game come roaring back, my elbow felt better without the brace. 4 birdies and 2 lip outs on the front, then 2 more birdies on the back. The lone bogie occurred on a par 4 where my drive ended up under a tree and I had 127yds straight uphill and I put a 7 iron bak in my stance for a loooong bump and run that bumped fine but run'ed more than I anticipated, up and over the back of the green leaving an impossible pitch to a downhill pin I had to kill in the rough and hope it trickled to the hole. Well it stuck in the Bermuda like it hit velcro and just barely made it on the green resulting in a 2 putt bogie. 

... But I shot 2 strokes under my age so I am very happy with the round*. I shot an 81 last Thursday, an EIGHTY ONE and I can't remember my last score in the 80's on a familiar course. So if you are struggling just keep in mind ... there is always hope right around the next corner. 🤪

* (Thought I would add I used the Maxfli Tour today so obviously very pleased with the performance) 

186690730_15scorecard.JPG.86d40647d925ab7450fb95521a593caa.JPG

Very Forrest Gump-like.  You throw your therapeutic elbow brace away & immediately start making birdies.  This would make a perfect scene in a movie.  We just need to find someone to play you.

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

10 hours ago, sandpounder said:

Very Forrest Gump-like.  You throw your therapeutic elbow brace away & immediately start making birdies.  This would make a perfect scene in a movie.  We just need to find someone to play you.

You do know of course that @chisagis an accomplished actor and would be the best choice to play himself.  😁

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

53 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You do know of course that @chisagis an accomplished actor and would be the best choice to play himself.  😁

It is waaaay to pretentious to play yourself in a movie.... that is something only a @Yellow Ball like personality would attempt.  

Kevin Costner is probably jonesing to be in another golf movie.

26 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Kevin Costner is probably jonesing to be in another golf movie.

I see him more as a Tommy Lee Jones guy...

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Friday with the Boyz.  Nice morning 58*, light breeze, bit cloudy.  Had a tough morning +5, tweaked my back on 2nd hole marking my ball.  I was pretty cautious rest of the round.  Skipped breakfast didn’t want to sit for a lengthy time.

Friday night there was a 70th birthday party for one of the boys (the youngest) and hit of the night was the various bacon themed appetizers including bacon & pepperoni pizza.  Won’t be one of my favorites. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

17 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Friday with the Boyz.  Nice morning 58*, light breeze, bit cloudy.  Had a tough morning +5, tweaked my back on 2nd hole marking my ball.  I was pretty cautious rest of the round.  Skipped breakfast didn’t want to sit for a lengthy time.

Friday night there was a 70th birthday party for one of the boys (the youngest) and hit of the night was the various bacon themed appetizers including bacon & pepperoni pizza.  Won’t be one of my favorites. 

I should move to Florida and play with you old guys instead of trying to keep up with the guys I play with here that are 20 years younger!!  

What's wrong with bacon and pepperoni pizza... followed by a beer??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

49 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I should move to Florida and play with you old guys instead of trying to keep up with the guys I play with here that are 20 years younger!!  

What's wrong with bacon and pepperoni pizza... followed by a beer??

A couple of new neighbors have moved onto my street (Tuesday group) and they are 55 & 60 years old.  They both took early retirement packages and here they are in FL.  About a week ago one of them was pushing hard to beat me and my  buddy (74).  He was getting chippy and making comments because he was getting his butt kicked and didn’t like it.  I kinda had enough and told him he should stop “Freakin” whining and he was lucky we didn’t make him play from the longer Tees as he’s got 20 “Freakin” years on us!!  He’s still pouting, isn’t playing this week.  

There’s plenty of room in FL for you!  One of the 81 year olds popped a 260 yard drive Friday, I was impressed!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

A couple of new neighbors have moved onto my street (Tuesday group) and they are 55 & 60 years old.  They both took early retirement packages and here they are in FL.  About a week ago one of them was pushing hard to beat me and my  buddy (74).  He was getting chippy and making comments because he was getting his butt kicked and didn’t like it.  I kinda had enough and told him he should stop “Freakin” whining and he was lucky we didn’t make him play from the longer Tees as he’s got 20 “Freakin” years on us!!  He’s still pouting, isn’t playing this week.  

There’s plenty of room in FL for you!  One of the 81 year olds popped a 260 yard drive Friday, I was impressed!!

I would make the 81 year old guy play from the longer tees!!!

Light rain and 34 degrees.  I opted out. 😄 😄 

33 minutes ago, Rickp said:

A couple of new neighbors have moved onto my street (Tuesday group) and they are 55 & 60 years old.  

Where are they from?   Some people I am acquaintances with recently moved to the Villages.   She'd probably be 56/57 so your ages would be off.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Where are they from?   Some people I am acquaintances with recently moved to the Villages.   She'd probably be 56/57 so your ages would be off.  

One couple Maryland the other Georgia.

Rick

Left Hand,