Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Amazing

revkev

I release that this is a bit of a jack but I started the thread - SeeRed how does the SCOR 50 fit with your i20 PW.  I'm absolutely loving those irons.  I can't even begin to imagine how Maltby puts their playability in the Classic range - I find them very forgiving and love them when I nut it.

So to bring us back, if I had the number 50 rather than the letter U what should I expect, other than it might be harder for me to screw it up and pull the wrong club. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

RRs wife is delightful!

In the tale of the unbelievable I hadn't seen or heard from the aforementioned foster daughter in 15 years. Low and behold I went on Facebook after writing that post here and there was a friend request from her. I'm very happy about that.

Now that's pretty awesome Rev.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This is turning into a good thread.

I took my wife to the course with me, a couple of days after we started dating, obviously not my wife at the time.  I hit an errant drive but thought I knew where my ball was.  I drove the cart right to it but the ball ended up on her side.  I asked her if that was my Pro V1 right beside her, she looked at it and said no.  I said, "Well, put it in the drink holder please." and got out and looked for my ball.  I never found it and ended up returning to the tee and hitting another.

After I finished the hole I tried to put a drink in the holder and a ball was there.  I pulled it out and sure enough it was my ball I had declared lost.  I said, "That's my ball that I lost.  You said that was not it."  She said, "You asked if it was a Pro something, and this was a Titliest."  Pronounced Tit-lee-ist.  I just laughed and said she was right.  That was my fault for not looking myself.

I will say that from that point on, I have always called them Titliest.  She speaks South African English and I speak Texas English.  We have lots of misunderstandings.

18 years ago, I took my new wife to be golfing with me.  Trying to get her interested in the game, I asked her to drive the cart. Well. on the first hole, the fairway was sloped right to left so my ball hit close to the middle then rolled to the far right side into the rough. She drove me over their and I got out I looked for my ball a few minutes. Then, after finding it, I turned back towards the golf cart to get a club.  But the cart was no longer there.  She was two fairways over playing with a family of Cranes!  I strolled over to the cart and decided that this was just not going to workout......her playing golf with me....LOL The rest of it did however, as we are celebrating 18 years together.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I was joking with my wife about her caddy skills last night and she told me that she would like to start playing golf again.  I need to stop poking the bear when I get home.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I release that this is a bit of a jack but I started the thread - SeeRed how does the SCOR 50 fit with your i20 PW.  I'm absolutely loving those irons.  I can't even begin to imagine how Maltby puts their playability in the Classic range - I find them very forgiving and love them when I nut it.

So to bring us back, if I had the number 50 rather than the letter U what should I expect, other than it might be harder for me to screw it up and pull the wrong club. :)

Yeah, I also don't get the "Classic" tag. I just love a good shot off of the toe, especially one that only loses a few yards. The i20's are indeed forgiving. To your question, for me the yardage of the two is perfect. There is obviously a very different feel between the two clubs, and because of this I have considered getting a 46* SCOR. But that would mean giving up my i20 PW, which I do not really want to do. Oh, and the heads look different enough to help keep from making the U-W mistake.  :unsure:

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Thanks SeeRed - I figured this might be the case.

If we are bringing golf carts into the frey I have one of those - good call on the wife Foz, not so much JMikecpa - I mean I'm sure your wife is lovely but if you play for a bit of a break well I'm going to shut up on that now. :)

Carts - My Wisconsin church was very large and we held an annual scramble that would attract well over 100 players to benefit our school.  The senior pastor's family owned a course that was very hilly  One year I played with my two boys who were in 8th grade and also grabbed a 7th grader to round our the foursome. 

What a nightmare!  There was the saber fight was putters while I was laboring over an 8 footer for birdie - I was last man to putt and none of them got near the hole so I had no clue about the line.  I also had to apologize to the group in front of us for my bomber son driving into them while they were putting on a par 4, I had told him I'd go to the corner of the dogleg and signal when he could hit - he missed the signal part -  we did make eagle there. :)

But the best was the next hole.  The 7th grader was upset because my boys got to drive a cart.  I looked and it was straight down hill over a bridge and up the next fairway - okay Adam you can drive.  Down the hill we went but he was heading over the wrong bridge to the wrong fairway so I said, "It's over there."  He freaked out and turned as hard as he could while we were going as fast as we could, down a step hill, on a wet cart path and suddenly right towards the middle of a river - fortunately the bank wasn't too steap and also fortunately it was very wet mud - the wheels got stuck - had it been dry we would have gone in or worse over turned.  It took 8 of us to get the cart out of the water including my bishop who happened to be playing in the group that was coming down the wrong fairway.

I still hear about that one all the time.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Oh this thread is funny. I don't have the problem of 6 iron or 9 iron any more because I don't carry the 6 iron any more. I have the debate of 9 iron vs 9 wood. One of the rumors on the south end of the beach is that I have become senile and cant tell the difference between the 6 and 9 irons so I now have the 9 wood. I can still hit a 6 iron though but for me the 9 wood is more versitle for my game at this stage

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Thanks SeeRed - I figured this might be the case.

If we are bringing golf carts into the frey I have one of those - good call on the wife Foz, not so much JMikecpa - I mean I'm sure your wife is lovely but if you play for a bit of a break well I'm going to shut up on that now. :)

Carts - My Wisconsin church was very large and we held an annual scramble that would attract well over 100 players to benefit our school.  The senior pastor's family owned a course that was very hilly  One year I played with my two boys who were in 8th grade and also grabbed a 7th grader to round our the foursome. 

What a nightmare!  There was the saber fight was putters while I was laboring over an 8 footer for birdie - I was last man to putt and none of them got near the hole so I had no clue about the line.  I also had to apologize to the group in front of us for my bomber son driving into them while they were putting on a par 4, I had told him I'd go to the corner of the dogleg and signal when he could hit - he missed the signal part -  we did make eagle there. :)

But the best was the next hole.  The 7th grader was upset because my boys got to drive a cart.  I looked and it was straight down hill over a bridge and up the next fairway - okay Adam you can drive.  Down the hill we went but he was heading over the wrong bridge to the wrong fairway so I said, "It's over there."  He freaked out and turned as hard as he could while we were going as fast as we could, down a step hill, on a wet cart path and suddenly right towards the middle of a river - fortunately the bank wasn't too steap and also fortunately it was very wet mud - the wheels got stuck - had it been dry we would have gone in or worse over turned.  It took 8 of us to get the cart out of the water including my bishop who happened to be playing in the group that was coming down the wrong fairway.

I still hear about that one all the time.

Now that was a funny story......Thanks for sharing Rev.........was the Bishop really one of the guys helping to get the cart out of the mud?......OMG!

Oh this thread is funny. I don't have the problem of 6 iron or 9 iron any more because I don't carry the 6 iron any more. I have the debate of 9 iron vs 9 wood. One of the rumors on the south end of the beach is that I have become senile and cant tell the difference between the 6 and 9 irons so I now have the 9 wood. I can still hit a 6 iron though but for me the 9 wood is more versitle for my game at this stage

This is great, I think you should start telling people that this is why you made the change.  They'd either think you were a genius or a head case, either way you'd have an edge before the first tee shot was fired. :)

Yes the Bishop really was one of the guys who helped us get the cart out of the mud.  He was a big boy that Bishop - we actually call them District Presidents but I don't even bother because then I have to explain that they're really bishops.  And yes I've made that mistake to - is he a District President or a Bishop - some like to be called Bishop - the good news in my church body is that our congregations are pretty much supreme so making that mistake is nothing like the 6/9 or scoping the tree behind the green or driving into a lake or really anything other than a talking point.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Glad to hear that your Bishop is still a person and willing to do some heavy lifting.

This is great, I think you should start telling people that this is why you made the change.  They'd either think you were a genius or a head case, either way you'd have an edge before the first tee shot was fired. :)

Yes the Bishop really was one of the guys who helped us get the cart out of the mud.  He was a big boy that Bishop - we actually call them District Presidents but I don't even bother because then I have to explain that they're really bishops.  And yes I've made that mistake to - is he a District President or a Bishop - some like to be called Bishop - the good news in my church body is that our congregations are pretty much supreme so making that mistake is nothing like the 6/9 or scoping the tree behind the green or driving into a lake or really anything other than a talking point.

There are people here that think both ways down here about me and it does get into their heads. I do some off the wall things with my equipment some work some don't but in this case I think I have it dialed in

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Glad to hear that your Bishop is still a person and willing to do some heavy lifting.

We elect our bishops every three years. As I recall it was coming up on one of those elections. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived