Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What the hell, NC?

JBones

This has nothing to do with golf or North Carolina embarrassing themselves at Virginia tonight.  This has to do with the dumbest sh!t I have ever heard in my life.  The North Carolina House of Representatives will be voting on a bill that will allow parents to clear a student-athlete to return to a game after a head injury.  How did this even make it to the House?  This is just ignorant.

Full story.

http://www.vocativ.com/falsestart/405828/nc-bill-parents-put-concussed-kids-back-into-games/

Wow... I... Nvm

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

....but this is the same state who has already lost more than 400 million because of something as silly as going to the bathroom!

Wish I could say I was surprised...this is just...awful.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I live about 10 minutes from the North Carolina state line and do a lot of project work in the state. North Carolina has some of the worst elected representatives I have ever worked with.

The state has already severely hampered it's ability to compete in a global economic busuness climate. Now it seems to be attempting to drive away potential students of higher learning.

Stupid is as stupid does!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

As a former player and someone that had 4 concussions (that were diagnosed) this is a huge disappointment.  I have been coaching football for the last decade, including the last 5 for my son, this is a great departure from the great work that USA Football is doing in concussion education and prevention.  I personally have held my son out of games after he took a shot to the head and passed the concussion protocol for our league.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I last played in 1998 and concussions weren't talked about as much back then. I remember one of our linebackers got an interception and got LEVELED by an O lineman; he got up blowing snot bubbles and had no clue where he was.....he sat out two plays and was right back in. Someone should definitely be in charge on every sidelined that has a certification in concussion protocol, but it shouldn't be a parent.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I last played in 1998 and concussions weren't talked about as much back then. I remember one of our linebackers got an interception and got LEVELED by an O lineman; he got up blowing snot bubbles and had no clue where he was.....he sat out two plays and was right back in. Someone should definitely be in charge on every sidelined that has a certification in concussion protocol, but it shouldn't be a parent.

Sounds a lot like my high school days as well. I had an entire second half that I watched on tape and remembered none of it. College ball was a lot better but still not to the level that it is at these days. All four of my concussions were after high school and if I had to guess I had at least three more prior to that. Two playing football and one playing baseball.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Typical politicians - work for special interests while the world falls down around you.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Perhaps everyone is being a little harsh.

It sounds to me like the people proposing this legislation must have had significant personal experience of head injuries. Something along the lines of "I got hit in the head lots of times, and I'm fine, sorry what was the question?"

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Another point, not allowing parents to send injured kids back on to the field reduces their ability to live vicariously through their kid's sporting prowess

Surely this is what kids sport is all about.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

At the bottom is this update. Even writing a bill of that nature is extremely ignorant on the part of these lawmakers. I'm glad they put the update on the bottom of the article

UPDATE: They listened! USA Today reports that North Carolina legislators will revise the bill so that only qualified medical professionals can pull concussed kids out of games. State Rep. Greg Murphy, the lawmaker that sponsored the damned bill, told USA Today “I'm not sure why that was included, but it's definitely going to be removed.”

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Really no words. I just hope any coach in NC will put his kids before the game. I've played various sports, played hurt, healthy and probably concussed in a few games. And I'm in the boat of, if I knew then what I know now. I'd have gone a different path.

Football or any sport isn't for everyone but everyone that plays should be safe so that 20 yrs after high school, they can actually remember the glory days.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I guess the parents in North Carolina are all medical practitioners with special training in concussions.........NOT!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Unbelievable really. My son had a concussion his senior year of high school. This was before we knew what we know now. Our pediatrician was on top of things and said, "there's lots of new research out there about long term effects of concusions and how people are at great risk after having one. I'm not clearing him until he's one week concusion free." His coach was furious and frankly I wondered why too, after all guys on TV played through concussions.

Despite all of the evidence I think there are people who still think that way and they would put their children at risk.

Stupid idea .... There are dummer laws still out there in every state in regards to child welfare though. Trust me, as someone who has devoted much of his adult life to the care of at risk children I can tell you beyond a doubt that based on its laws our country is anti kid.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

... I played in high school and college as a QB and have had 2 back surgeries and foot surgery so my quality of life at 63 suffers. I had two diagnosed concussions but think I lucked out. I told my son I wanted him to exhaust all sports before thinking about playing football. He finally came to me in the 8th grade and said he knew I would be disappointed but he wanted to play football. Long story short, he didn't start his senior year in high school but started in college and his senior year was a first team All Conference DE and the only first team AC player on his team. 

... He didn't want to hear about CTE. He loved football and didn't want anything to "get in his head" which is certainly ironic. I told him he needed to hear it and he refused. After his last game he was invited to try out for the Colts and Bengals. At 6'3" 250lbs and running a 4.62 forty he was perfect for special teams and a would have a shot at OLB in a 3-4. 

... Now that he had graduated in the fall, he immersed himself into CTE and told me he didn't want to play anymore. I hugged him and told him I was very happy to hear it. One thing to play high school and college but quite another to play in the NFL where everyone is so big, fast, aggressive and reckless. He admitted he wished he would have let me talk to him about CTE and thinks those involved with these decisions in NC should be hit with a civil lawsuit. There really is no excuse for this kind of disregard for kids when the brain is still be developed and highly susceptible to damage at an early age. And I grew up and played college in NC so I am well aware of how cavalier they can be with football. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Archived