ole gray

Ole Gray Invitational Golf Outing

Our Sponsors

You got a date there Ole Gray?

• Like 2

You got a date there Ole Gray?

Not yet partner however this part of Georgia is beautiful in the Fall! Just saying...

• Like 1

Beautiful resort in the north Georgia mountains that has all one could ask for a golf outing!

kingwoodresort3.jpg

kingwoodresort4.jpg

kingwoodresort5.jpg

kingwoodresort6.jpg

David and Ronnie asked me a couple of weeks ago if we were going to do this again, I think they are ready to go back.  

• Like 1

David and Ronnie asked me a couple of weeks ago if we were going to do this again, I think they are ready to go back.

Kingwood has stayed in touch with me saying there are some new and exciting things on the horizon. This is going to be one epic wingding!

• Like 1

Hmmmm. Interesting. Might have to make the trek from Canada!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

One thing I can guarantee is a good time will be had by all. I plan on setting up some team competitions which will be a blast for the golfers. Plus this resort has accommodations for single golfers or those who choose to bring their families. Lot's of good stuff to do in them thar hills! You have Helen, Ga.in the next county which is a Alpine type village town and Blairsville over on the other side of the mountain. Atlanta would be the airport for those out of town to fly in to. It's a good two hour drive to Kingswood Resort so be prepared for some driving time if you're traveling from out of state.

No doubt we can make this a fun outing and the resort can accommodate as many people as we choose to bring. I'll be working on details and update this thread as things develop. Just gird up ya loins and get ready for the time of ya life!

Get Ready as the Ole Gray Invitational is coming in 2017 and we plan to take no prisoners lol..... Meaning be careful as those banjos are tuning up.. :o)

• Like 1

If it fits my schedule I am in

Short journey for you. Heck you and Lefty78 could ride over together...

• Like 1

Does look beautiful!! So you're thinking Fall sometime?

Also - will there be a special grouping for total hacker Divot-Making mulligan-taking slicer-pusher duffers?

• Like 4

Does look beautiful!! So you're thinking Fall sometime?

Also - will there be a special grouping for total hacker Divot-Making mulligan-taking slicer-pusher duffers?

lol yea I'll make sure you play in my group at least one day...

• Like 2

Interested. Hopefully the schedule will allow me to attend this shindig!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Interested. Hopefully the schedule will allow me to attend this shindig!

MDGolfHacker

We have some awesome folks on this forum and this outing will hopefully be one of many where we can come together as a small part of the MGS family. DawgDaddy has been to this resort and he can attest to how beautiful it is in this part of Georgia. Great place, fun golf course, and good folks so yea,,, it's going to be a blast!

• Like 2

Hmmmm, the fall, you say????

Hmmmmmm....

• Like 3

Hmmmm, the fall, you say????

Hmmmmmm....

How cool would it be if we have one of the big cats from the MGS staff show up! Hint Hint

• Like 3

We'll I don't know a lot. But I know this. When Ole Grey puts on a ShinDig, he doesn't mess around. I can promise this will be an event to remember for whoever makes it.

• Like 2

I'll be passing fairly close by there in just a few weeks when me and my group go to Reynolds Plantation for 3-rounds and then on over to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round. I'd like to say I can come but my schedule is pretty much set for this summer and fall. That course looks nice too. A two hour drive from Atlanta is nothing. The green fee at Kingwood is a no-brainer. $40 w/cart. Did I read that correctly?!! Nice Stay & Play packages too. I think you're on the right track with this. 

Just for the record and as a reference.... my RT airfare from my home in West Texas to Atlanta is only $363 on Southwest.

Someday someone or perhaps even MGS will get a big National event started. Maybe this is it?

Good luck with your event this year.

On second thought: once the dates are set I'll give it some serious consideration. Fall would be my pick.

• Like 2

Last year We got a good stay and play package. There was was eight of us and we had a blast!

I have no clue what is coming for a major MGS event. Heck if something is announced in the next couple of months for this Fall, I would prefer to support and attend that. I'm all about MGS and any future outings in the planning stages 🏌️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Hmm, I may try to get there, it's only a 6.5hr drive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3