Jump to content

Happy thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is official now, I'm an American citizen. 

I had a very cryptic email and meeting invite from my Regional director on Wednesday that included my Senior facilities manager and said "Need to discuss a sensitive subject, please allocate some time

It's been waaayyyy too long of an absence for me on this forum. Boy, do I miss you guys and gals. I've been super busy with all amazing and happy stuff in my personal life and it was preventing m

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

No updates yet on my daughter's hard drive repair, BUT all her professors gave her excellent grades. A few hours after getting all the results of her work, BU came back to her with an even better financial aid package so she has officially committed to transferring to Boston University. I'm so excited and happy for her!

Wow, that is great news!  Glad her professors were understanding and congrats to her on the transfer! 

 

  • Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

No updates yet on my daughter's hard drive repair, BUT all her professors gave her excellent grades. A few hours after getting all the results of her work, BU came back to her with an even better financial aid package so she has officially committed to transferring to Boston University. I'm so excited and happy for her!

BU! Very nice! Congrats to her and family 

  • Like 5

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Swapped the irons for the fly rods yesterday. Spring runoff is close at hand and water/weather conditions are so good right now.  Floated the Madison River and the March Browns and Caddis were bringing even the most reluctant fish out of their winter coma's. I spent most of the day in a favorite side channel and had one of the best days on this section I can recall. 

PXL_20210514_205305753.jpg.45885b9c278d880a8d4a779e5ed954eb.jpgPXL_20210514_193815302.jpg.d4481d251df69f56617a790b2e9f4f5d.jpgPXL_20210514_193818168.jpg.7b9ae016b19d2bd1ccb3c2122adf55c9.jpgPXL_20210514_174626608.jpg.7499bd283019fbb3a432e469aee51a0a.jpgPXL_20210514_202006925.jpg.0a42a0e63dd8092a2821194de22bce7e.jpg

While moving down river to another side channel, this little fella swam straight out to my boat from under a tree snag. He kept chirping and following me.  With heavy water coming up, I reached down and lifted him up and rowed to the bank. He was soaked and seemed cold - so I sat with him for a few minutes. I was amazed how unafraid of me he was.

PXL_20210514_213215376.jpg.dae1385bc0d29203503d8fd0b56b3c16.jpg

 

I remembered seeing a pair of Canadian Geese further upstream and wondered if he/she was part of their clutch. So I carried him inside my fleece vest, back that way, hoping to find them but never did.  I figured I was close however and there was a small wet, marsh area off the river that I figured he'd be able to hang out and, hopefully, his chirps would be heard.  So I left him there and headed back to the boat.  I no sooner had I began rowing before he again was swimming frantically toward the boat... RU kidding me 😲.

So, back over to shore again and I called my wife.  She contacted a neighbor/friend who's DIL works at the vet office and also at a wildlife rescue facility in Billings.  She said to bring him home and they would care for him.  So, he spent the rest of the day inside my fleece vest.  This facility in CO handles similar situations. I hope he grows up to be a big healthy Goose.  When Baby Geese Are Orphaned, This Wildlife Center Finds Them New Feathered Families | Colorado Public Radio (cpr.org)

As if the day hadn't already had plenty of entertainment, this guy was hanging out at the take-out... but didn't seem to mind my presence and just kept at his willow pruning activity 🙂.  

PXL_20210514_222655291.jpg.2a1460d91d7a9d75f0b7e81a44bcc604.jpg

It looks like you had a wonderful day on the river, its beautiful out there. Glad to hear you caught some, rainbows are just pretty fish. Thank you for rescuing that little goose, I was just smiling as you talked about how the little fella was following you. Sounds like a perfect day on the river, especially since you got visited by that moose to end the trip. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It looks like you had a wonderful day on the river, its beautiful out there. Glad to hear you caught some, rainbows are just pretty fish. Thank you for rescuing that little goose, I was just smiling as you talked about how the little fella was following you. Sounds like a perfect day on the river, especially since you got visited by that moose to end the trip. 

Yea, I was torn on what to do and felt awful ditching him.  I just couldn't leave him behind...no way he survives.  I guess I'm just an old softy at heart.

  • Like 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Swapped the irons for the fly rods yesterday. Spring runoff is close at hand and water/weather conditions are so good right now.  Floated the Madison River and the March Browns and Caddis were bringing even the most reluctant fish out of their winter coma's. I spent most of the day in a favorite side channel and had one of the best days on this section I can recall. 

PXL_20210514_205305753.jpg.45885b9c278d880a8d4a779e5ed954eb.jpgPXL_20210514_193815302.jpg.d4481d251df69f56617a790b2e9f4f5d.jpgPXL_20210514_193818168.jpg.7b9ae016b19d2bd1ccb3c2122adf55c9.jpgPXL_20210514_174626608.jpg.7499bd283019fbb3a432e469aee51a0a.jpgPXL_20210514_202006925.jpg.0a42a0e63dd8092a2821194de22bce7e.jpg

While moving down river to another side channel, this little fella swam straight out to my boat from under a tree snag. He kept chirping and following me.  With heavy water coming up, I reached down and lifted him up and rowed to the bank. He was soaked and seemed cold - so I sat with him for a few minutes. I was amazed how unafraid of me he was.

PXL_20210514_213215376.jpg.dae1385bc0d29203503d8fd0b56b3c16.jpg

 

I remembered seeing a pair of Canadian Geese further upstream and wondered if he/she was part of their clutch. So I carried him inside my fleece vest, back that way, hoping to find them but never did.  I figured I was close however and there was a small wet, marsh area off the river that I figured he'd be able to hang out and, hopefully, his chirps would be heard.  So I left him there and headed back to the boat.  I no sooner had I began rowing before he again was swimming frantically toward the boat... RU kidding me 😲.

So, back over to shore again and I called my wife.  She contacted a neighbor/friend who's DIL works at the vet office and also at a wildlife rescue facility in Billings.  She said to bring him home and they would care for him.  So, he spent the rest of the day inside my fleece vest.  This facility in CO handles similar situations. I hope he grows up to be a big healthy Goose.  When Baby Geese Are Orphaned, This Wildlife Center Finds Them New Feathered Families | Colorado Public Radio (cpr.org)

As if the day hadn't already had plenty of entertainment, this guy was hanging out at the take-out... but didn't seem to mind my presence and just kept at his willow pruning activity 🙂.  

PXL_20210514_222655291.jpg.2a1460d91d7a9d75f0b7e81a44bcc604.jpg

That’s a great day by anyone’s standards!!

We had experience last week golfing.  We saw a Hawk grab a baby duck as Momma and her brood tried to flee.  We got to the spot and chased the Hawk from the chick.  Lucky the chick didn’t seem to be hurt and after a few minutes reunited baby chick and the brood.

They all swam away.  We never got any pictures, we were wrapped up saving the little guy.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

That’s a great day by anyone’s standards!!

We had experience last week golfing.  We saw a Hawk grab a baby duck as Momma and her brood tried to flee.  We got to the spot and chased the Hawk from the chick.  Lucky the chick didn’t seem to be hurt and after a few minutes reunited baby chick and the brood.

They all swam away.  We never got any pictures, we were wrapped up saving the little guy.

Funny how our protective instincts emerge. While rowing the rest of the way down river with him snuggled inside my vest, I saw many Redtail hawks and bald eagles in the cottonwoods... all reaffirming my decision 🙂.

  • Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my puppies, puppy test and she did good she got the max score available and I’m proud of her. Most dogs don’t do that well at a year old and she is 6 months old.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Funny how our protective instincts emerge. While rowing the rest of the way down river with him snuggled inside my vest, I saw many Redtail hawks and bald eagles in the cottonwoods... all reaffirming my decision 🙂.

We have way too many Canada Geese here in Ohio so if you're interested in some we can send them your way. 

p.s. they're well trained to fertilize the greens - just don't forget to bring a towel to clean off your ball. 

  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

We have way too many Canada Geese here in Ohio so if you're interested in some we can send them your way. 

p.s. they're well trained to fertilize the greens - just don't forget to bring a towel to clean off your ball. 

Oh yea, they make quite a mess at parks and many courses I've played - particularly in western WA.  "Chippy" made it to Dillon yesterday and will be taken to the wildlife rescue in Billings this week.  My apologies for adding to the problem 😆.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Funny how our protective instincts emerge. While rowing the rest of the way down river with him snuggled inside my vest, I saw many Redtail hawks and bald eagles in the cottonwoods... all reaffirming my decision 🙂.

22 hours ago, Rickp said:

That’s a great day by anyone’s standards!!

We had experience last week golfing.  We saw a Hawk grab a baby duck as Momma and her brood tried to flee.  We got to the spot and chased the Hawk from the chick.  Lucky the chick didn’t seem to be hurt and after a few minutes reunited baby chick and the brood.

They all swam away.  We never got any pictures, we were wrapped up saving the little guy.

.....meanwhile back at the nest......

the hawk's baby chicks went hungry!!!  😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Hmmm 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

.....meanwhile back at the nest......

the hawk's baby chicks went hungry!!!  😂

We have lots and lots of geese on our course and they are not afraid of golfers. Our course is an International Audubon Society golf course, and it's illegal to harass the birds... even seagulls.    Yes, they make a mess!  Some of the chicks have "disappeared" over the past month; we have hawks nesting in the trees that border the driving range.

The hawks don't go hungry!  We also have lots of squirrels.  My wife feeds them peanuts, salted of course, to season them up for the hawks.  A few of them recognize her when we get to their favorite tree, run up to her, and call out... Hey Lady!!  And will take a peanut out of her hand.  

IMG_5629.jpeg.4a45e987764ed4faccd8e49607d4e93b.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oh yea, they make quite a mess at parks and many courses I've played - particularly in western WA.  "Chippy" made it to Dillon yesterday and will be taken to the wildlife rescue in Billings this week.  My apologies for adding to the problem 😆.

You just need to get more people in your area to go goose hunting lol

25 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

.....meanwhile back at the nest......

the hawk's baby chicks went hungry!!!  😂

In my mind there are too many hawks around I’ve seen the numbers boom the last few years and they are taking a toll on the duck population around here which stinks I like hunting ducks.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Second shot of Moderna is done! My wife came along with me to Wal-Mart to get it done and we celebrated by stopping to get some food on the way home. We ordered some jalapeno poppers and had them as a drive home, pre supper snack. 

Lot better than the free fries in NYC!  😉

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Lot better than the free fries in NYC!  😉

Hey I want to be in on of those states having drawings for a million bucks for getting vaccinated!

 

T-minus 3 weeks until I head for Cancun!! I’ve got a round scheduled at El Camelaon where the hold the Mayakoba Classic

  • Like 7

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB



Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy from the military was in town for his sons hockey tournament. Was able to see him and watch his sons game. My son came with me, they met years ago when they were both baby’s, went to their hotel after and the whole team was running around playing together was a good time with an old friend.

  • Like 9

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...