2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Here’s your friendly playoff format reminder:

• Playoffs run during the 3 weeks of the real life FedEx playoffs.
  • Top 35 teams get in. 
  • Scores are cumulative with cuts after each event. Winner is the team that scores the most points over the playoff period. 
  • Top 20 advance to round 2, top 10 advance to the championship.
  • Bonuses will be awarded based on your regular season finish using the real life Tour Championship numbers multiplied by 5

1: 50 (-10)
2: 40 (-8)
3: 35 (-7)
4: 30 (-6)
5: 25 (-5)
6-10: 20 (-4)
11-15: 15 (-3)
16-20: 10 (-2)
21-25: 5 (-1)
26-35: Good Luck

I’ve got a spreadsheet off to the side to track this since Fantrax isn’t set up for this style of playoffs. Will post updates after each round. 

23 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Yes, somehow I have fewer wins now despite having a good week. 

If I'm now in first place, the system is working fine 🙂.

• Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter  (Currently Testing Evnroll ER5v)

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Week 18: The Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide
Congrats to Jon Rahm...oops I mean Patrick Cantlay for a playoff win over Colin Morikawa. Nice to see him back in the winners circle and another new winner this season. A dramatic week with lots of big names and even more big scores. A very sad way for Rahm to go out as he surely would have won the tournament. Feel bad for those teams and Fantrax who was having a heck of a time dealing with his WD. 

Our high scoring team of the week goes to @Steve2100who was lead by Morikawa, Scheffler, Streelman and Si Woo Kim. His 4 guys racked up a big 220.85 points this week. Only 2 other teams broke the 200 barrier (although many more would have had Rahm been able to finish) @ZJBogey2 continued his tear on the season and 211.25 along with @Mtbryant01with 201.95. 

These 3 lead the way of our 6 undefeated teams this week and will look to continue that progress moving forward.
1876396830_Screenshot2021-06-0707_27_49.png.12c4169e46e1bc448baed953dd4f5258.png

Our league top 15 has a lot of familiar names and once again ZJ and @blackngold_blood sit perched above everyone else 5 games clear of 3rd. (Hoping these standings are correct as they have changed 3 times since I woke up, but believe they are correct now)
1371825824_Screenshot2021-06-0707_29_43.png.ad0f105a370c3a77e0ae0f6e6dbd92de.png

Next week will be interesting as a lot of teams are set up for Majors and the FedEx standings and with a thinner field this week decisions will need to be made on how many to roster, who to keep who to drop and could be a good week for teams to make inroads on spots ahead of them, but more on this later. 

The midfield is very much up in the air and very close. A lot of solid teams and a lot of of changes I would guess this week and next. I would say we are truly in the home stretch with 7 normal tournaments and 2 majors left. Either way after this week the cutline picture is shown below. 
1330967078_Screenshot2021-06-0707_34_09.png.c42a35798284c9bd11e4ce1f197f20ac.png

We had a very low League median with of 114.6 which isn't too surprising considering some of the scores that were out there last weekend. Some tough holes and although I didn't watch too much it looked like a good challenge.

Some solid albeit not spectacular players were available. Grace being the top of the bunch, however I just cannot trust him anymore as his swift WD a few weeks back. However with the field next week he is a obvious pickup for those looking to fill out their teams.

547387211_Screenshot2021-06-0707_42_46.png.4546b85b03b181bfd26b863b53fce5bf.png

Going into next week most teams have 2 to 3 starters before WW runs and a lot of very solid teams who won't want to drop key players, it will be interesting to see what teams decide to punt on the week and take one of the chin and the others who try to trade their way into a player or two as well as those cutline teams who own 4 or more already will be at a huge advantage for next week. However we have the US Open the following week so what risk do you take on this week to hopefully not compromise your team into a Major?

That is about all I have for this week, Sad for Rahm, Sad for Verstappen and happy for Fantasy golf in general!

Cheers everyone and good luck leading into next week the course looks awesome and regardless of field I will be watching as it looks like a great tournament!

Great review Jamie, thank you.

• Like 1

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Also, the sheet has been updated, I have not implemented any changes this week.

MGS Golf Fantasy trade chart V5

Please advise of any ranking errors.

• Like 1

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This boggles my mind... what am I missing here?

image.png.faf12ac71d973839eb14520ec235cc95.png

Two of the teams that own him are MIA.

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This boggles my mind... what am I missing here?

image.png.faf12ac71d973839eb14520ec235cc95.png

You own him,  everyone is following your lead 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Two of the teams that own him are MIA.

Well, Peter's been MIA for awhile so it's a great fit 🙂.  That helps explain things though, thanks.

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

You own him,  everyone is following your lead 😂

I just know as soon as I trade him he'll start a FedEx Cup run for the ages.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just know as soon as I trade him he'll start a FedEx Cup run for the ages.

He is still top 70 in FedEx points. 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

33 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

He is still top 70 in FedEx points. 

OK, I'll include Lanto in the trade for Hovland.

• Haha 1

This is a thinker week. Do you try to add some players to cash in some points? Or just ride the week out with the one or two guys actually playing and wait for the US Open??

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

52 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

This is a thinker week. Do you try to add some players to cash in some points? Or just ride the week out with the one or two guys actually playing and wait for the US Open??

It really is. I have two and would love to get a 3rd in play this week. Want to pair a combination of Finau/Leish/Fowler in a 2 for 1 and open up a spot for waivers... I may even consider trading Hovland depending on who is offered and make a 3 for 2,  but have sent out a ton of offers and if nothing gets done then I'll hope Fleetwood/Hatton can make the cut and I don't loose too much ground moving forward. Either way open to hearing some offers for any of those players. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

On 6/6/2021 at 6:30 AM, blackngold_blood said:

I thought I read somewhere that he was vaccinated this week after the close contact.  That said I also read that they aren’t required to test unless they are considered a close contact. 

Multiple articles are consistently reporting that players who are fully vaccinated including 2 week period following last dose are not tested. It seems more and more likely that Rahm was not fully vaccinated or at least still within the 2 week window following his last dose.  In addition, the Tour apparently made vaccines available to players at each event on Sunday (or earlier if missed cut).  Its looking more and more likely that Rahm made a costly decision to either delay or not get vaccinated at all.  I'm not judging his decision, purely looking at it from a financial and sporting impact.

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Given that my newly acquired team has had two open roster spots the entire season, I think  might add a player or two 😁.

Seriously though, I am struggling a bit whether to add for this week or more with a focus for long term as I work towards my goal of getting this team out of the bottom 25.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

Surprisingly had a good week, even made it to the front page of the leaderboard......  Wooooohhooooo

• Like 1
  • Love 1

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

27 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Given that my newly acquired team has had two open roster spots the entire season, I think  might add a player or two 😁.

Seriously though, I am struggling a bit whether to add for this week or more with a focus for long term as I work towards my goal of getting this team out of the bottom 25.

Add 2 100% you can always drop players later on. You have the luxury of having a full budget, but that doesn't mean you have to bid anything. For a while I had 2 spots dedicated to adding and dropping each week to ensure I had 3 or more in the field until I had made last weeks moves to get Hatton and Fleetwood who I knew were playing this week. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

2 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I only have a 4-5 man Core team, so I'm trying to make 1-2 moves just about every week to fill out the roster. At least one of my Core guys seems to play every week (this week it's Hatton), so it's been working, but will probably come back to bite me come playoff time.

Should probably try to align this week's pickups with guys that qualified for the US Open... I'm actually dropping a US Open exempt player this week, but hoping to replace with someone that qualifies at Sectionals (sorry, Finals) today. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

I'm willing to pair Matt Jones and Sebastian Munoz with my remaining $15 for one solid golfer. Will add in Tony Finau if you want to really spice it up. Jones is 31st in the FedEx Cup and has made a ton of cuts. Not looking to take on somebody way down the FedEx rankings. Or if you just want to offer Claim Budget money for Jones or Munoz I'll look at those too.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

3 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

It really is. I have two and would love to get a 3rd in play this week. Want to pair a combination of Finau/Leish/Fowler in a 2 for 1 and open up a spot for waivers... I may even consider trading Hovland depending on who is offered and make a 3 for 2,  but have sent out a ton of offers and if nothing gets done then I'll hope Fleetwood/Hatton can make the cut and I don't loose too much ground moving forward. Either way open to hearing some offers for any of those players. 

I am in the same boat.. Have two in. Would like to add at least one.. But, who to drop? 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.