Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Low point control drill

We have seen people using the divot board.   For those that don’t have one, Here is a new drill for you to try out.  I tried and it is tough. Had coins flying all over the placE even when I did it right 

https://golf.com/instruction/at-home-golf-drill-iron-shots-chunks-tops/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Towel drill, coins, clipping tees.  Great exercises for low point control.  The thing he doesn't mention is you can start with the coins farther apart and move them closer as you get better.  The video is where I'd like to end up, but too frustrating to start there.   

6 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

Towel drill, coins, clipping tees.  Great exercises for low point control.  The thing he doesn't mention is you can start with the coins farther apart and move them closer as you get better.  The video is where I'd like to end up, but too frustrating to start there.   

Where is the fun in starting farther apart.  🤣

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Seems more like a drill to help you learn how to use the bounce of your wedge? This has to be crazy hard even for good golfers, using anything more than a wedge.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Seems more like a drill to help you learn how to use the bounce of your wedge? This has to be crazy hard even for good golfers, using anything more than a wedge.

Good point...and how much money do I want to lose outside in the grass...or worse, imbedded into the walls inside my house.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

That looks really difficult. I am not so sure I could do it, or if I even want to frustrate myseld trying!

10.5 Epic Flash

TM 3 Wood

Titleist 20* 5 Wood

Apex Pro Irons

58 TM and 60 Callaway degree wedges

Odyssey Sabertooth Putter

1 hour ago, JoshDay said:

That looks really difficult. I am not so sure I could do it, or if I even want to frustrate myseld trying!

It's easy;  child's play

I have done something similar using dimes, practice mat and lob wedge.  The premise there was to catch the dime clean.  It was about engaging the bounce, but it also encouraged consistent knowledge of the low point of the swing.  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

As others posted, this is good for learning how to use the bounce with a wedge. For short-medium-long irons, a better option is to place the ball right in front of your lead foot and make solid contact. You'll learn to move your pressure properly, move your low point forward of the ball, extend down the target line a touch longer. Hit 3-4 of those and go back to your regular ball position and you won't believe how good your contact will be.

WITB:

Taylor Made SIM Max 10.5, Speeder 569 Evo-V S

Ping G425 15.5*, Speeder 569 Evo-V S

Ping G425 18*, Evenflow Blue 65 6.0

Ping G425 22* 4-hybrid, KBS Graphite Tour Prototype 80, S

Mizuno 921 SEL, Nippon 750 Wraptech S

Vokey SM8 50/54/60, Nippon 950GH S

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5, 32"

Yep, quarters would be flying everywhere!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Yeah that coin drill is Pro Level s***!

I happen to have a set of "Flat Balls" which are rubber discs, say 1/4" thick - I put one down maybe 2 or 3" in front of a ball (sitting on a mat, in front of a net) and try to "sweep" the Flat Ball into the net.

You can tell when you've made good contact with both. Has really helped me with my irons!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg