Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Top End

Shankster

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I have roughly 1200 shots recorded on Arccos.  The 4,5, and 6 iron need a look.  They are all right around the same number with a “normal” swing. Thinking I need something that produces more ball speed in these 3 clubs.

1C2F2E49-4D41-48EB-B453-210CB054C3A4.jpeg

09EB547E-8B28-430D-9607-12C3BBD0CF47.jpeg

With those being total yards it’s only slightly less concerning. Look at what the carry yards are. Also do you see a difference in ball flight with them. 

Might want to look at your 7&8i pretty big gap there too

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I have roughly 1200 shots recorded on Arccos.  The 4,5, and 6 iron need a look.  They are all right around the same number with a “normal” swing. Thinking I need something that produces more ball speed in these 3 clubs.

1C2F2E49-4D41-48EB-B453-210CB054C3A4.jpeg

09EB547E-8B28-430D-9607-12C3BBD0CF47.jpeg

Here is my opinion based on these numbers. Drop the 4 and 5 irons.  Deloft the 6 to get a little better gapping.   Find a club that gets you 220/225.   Loud still Have a little bit of a gap in those upper clubs but you should be aboe to alter swing to fill them. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ve been look at my arccos recently. Making me think about getting my loft and lies checked at the end of the year and maybe having a club or 2 weakened because of the yardages? Mine is a bit of a smaller sample size but still shows similar clustering

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

40 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

With those being total yards it’s only slightly less concerning. Look at what the carry yards are. Also do you see a difference in ball flight with them. 

Might want to look at your 7&8i pretty big gap there too

6 iron is mostly carry. I’m not a “run it up” type of player.  High ball flight stock. The 4 iron looks lower flighted, but I would expect that.  5 iron… actually I don’t remember the last time I used it. Not sure about the other two on carry distance.

I use the 8 mainly on one hole… or unless I’m in the range for a full one by accident. I like to flight it lower rather than hammering a 9 on a specific par 3.

Something to look at though.

43 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Here is my opinion based on these numbers. Drop the 4 and 5 irons.  Deloft the 6 to get a little better gapping.   Find a club that gets you 220/225.   Loud still Have a little bit of a gap in those upper clubs but you should be aboe to alter swing to fill them. 

Yeah.  This is mostly likely my swing.  I can get the 4 iron out to 220, but I would rather not swing that hard with it… hopefully my work out plan and speed training make up for this.  But I think it is something to look at either way. 

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah.  This is mostly likely my swing.  I can get the 4 iron out to 220, but I would rather not swing that hard with it… hopefully my work out plan and speed training make up for this.  But I think it is something to look at either way. 

I know I am getting into swing philosophy a little.   To me it Doesn’t matter if you swing it full out or not that hard;  you need clubs that have a purpose and generally it is to carry the ball X yards.   As a player you need to figure out how to fill the in between gaps which could be partial/longer swing, slower/harder swing, or choking down.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

38 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I know I am getting into swing philosophy a little.   To me it Doesn’t matter if you swing it full out or not that hard;  you need clubs that have a purpose and generally it is to carry the ball X yards.   As a player you need to figure out how to fill the in between gaps which could be partial/longer swing, slower/harder swing, or choking down.   

Yeah.  I do not like choking down on clubs.  Messes me all up.  I use all of the grip.  But I use face angle to adjust for distance.  Open slightly for a little less, close slightly for more.  I’ve got that part down. I hit the clubs well enough I think that I should see some sort of gap between them. 

I’m just looking at it as I need a 215 and a 230 club with a stock shot.  Those two clubs really are just weighing down my bag as I see it.

or like you said, get the 6 a bit stronger and find a solid 220-225 club.

Most likely a spaceship club or hybrid.  I don’t like FW metals.