The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

GM & Happy Sunday!  Having coffee, cereal with strawberries until SWMBO gets up and shares what “are” plans will be today.  Can’t wait to see what I want to do today😁.  Pretty sure it’s not golf…..

I normally do not play golf on Sunday. I may practice some in the afternoon if I do not have further Church work. Today I am only scheduled for the 10:30 service but with the amount of rain we had I imagine the range is closed. I do not know if it got dry enough to cut the greens. Our range floods bad and balls tend to plug and they end up loosing balls. Just may stay in and piddle around the shop some and watch golf on TV

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I normally do not play golf on Sunday. I may practice some in the afternoon if I do not have further Church work. Today I am only scheduled for the 10:30 service but with the amount of rain we had I imagine the range is closed. I do not know if it got dry enough to cut the greens. Our range floods bad and balls tend to plug and they end up loosing balls. Just may stay in and piddle around the shop some and watch golf on TV

Don’t play on Sunday either.  If SWMBO wants to play it’s after 4:00/5:00 and only couple holes.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, BIG STU said:

I nipped that crap in the bud a long time ago when I got out of the towing business. My phone gets cut off at night. It was funny even up to 5 years after I got out of the business I would get phone calls. People from out of town I had helped in the past saved my number. I finally had to put on my recorded message I was no longer involved with the company and gave them the company number. Which my partner who still owes me money finished running it in the ground and it is no longer in business. 

I got in the habit years ago of keeping my phone on either vibrate or silent while I was sleeping. We worked rotating shifts and those weeks I was on nights I didn't want to be woken up by someone wanting to extend my car warranty. 

Good morning spies! My dog just threw up 4 times, I have a 3 hour car ride ahead of me, and can golf today. I hope you all have a better Sunday than I'm currently having! Happy Sunday!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

17 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Morning all!

Beautiful day here in Sun City Center - not much going on, and as @Rickp mentioned I am also waiting for SWMBO to announce what we're doing today. My guess is running errands since we had 18 hole couples golf yesterday and I've got a 8:18 tee time tomorrow morning. However, I will make a point of getting to the fitness center later today. I've been putting in about an hour 4 days a week. If I step away from it, it's so hard for me to get back into my workout schedule. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Oops, left out the gym.  Sunday I go when I can, have to keep all my titanium & stainless steel parts working!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Good morning all from rainy CT! Wasn't feeling great last night so ended up sleeping in for a while today.  Up and about now, going to work around the house and get the garage back into a more organized state of chaos.  Have a great day everyone!

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

Good Morning!  68º yesterday afternoon.  I thought that today would be a shorts/shirt day, but we have a shower now and it will be cloudy all day with wind picking up around the time we make the turn.  So, wearing pants/shirt/pullover and vest today.  The pullover will be gone after a few holes.  Warmer weather coming though.  This might be the last pants day until fall.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

Good morning on this quiet Sunday from my peaceful WNY home.  Hot tea as my weekend routine in the mug and weekends is when I often delay breakfast as a way to moderate the beltline, just a little as military retirement does not mean a change to long practiced habits.  Weather is cold 41F on the outside thermometer and  still wearing winter clothing as house thermostat still maintains the cold weather month settings.

Wife knows my phone has Do Not Disturb setting enabled at night and sometimes into the day 😕 when I forget to turn it off.  Had a scammer call a year ago with convincing concern for my credit card, at 2:30am brain is caught off guard and was up the next hour with the Helpline I called to cancel the card for replacement.  Kids know if they need me to call their mother and she will waken me.

Not sure the plan for today but on restricted diet before a medical procedure midweek equally not sure how much I want to push things.  Safe travels @GolfSpy_BOS and that scene does look nice!  Hope golf is a part of everyone's day ⛳

Feel your cold right over the NW Pennsylvania line!  Calling for rain again here.  No golf here.  If it clears up maybe hit the range if it's open.  Already went and got groceries this morning.  I didn't get them yesterday as the grandsons came over to visit.  Have a great game/day whatever you are doing.

@GolfSpy_BOS enjoy the cruise!  I'm a little jealous!

B

30 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Morning all! Rainy day today. Great day for a home fry and bacon morning (max extra for you @Rickp to offset the oatmeal). Never find good home fries at breakfast places, never crispy and always bland. Not these bad boys

83600174-8D51-4F23-8D96-20A88726B33E.jpeg

Your breakfast looks yummy! I'm hoping we do breakfast for dinner next weekend so I can get some of that tasty bacon. Those home fries also look amazing!

Mine today was leftover turkey burger with loaded baked potato and looking at that bacon makes me wish I would have had a piece or four to top the burger with. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Your breakfast looks yummy! I'm hoping we do breakfast for dinner next weekend so I can get some of that tasty bacon. Those home fries also look amazing!

Mine today was leftover turkey burger with loaded baked potato and looking at that bacon makes me wish I would have had a piece or four to top the burger with. 

No pics but we had sausage, eggs and blueberry pancakes. Yummy 😋

B

14 hours ago, BKervin said:

Love it!  They know us well at the local course here in Pennsylvania. They got to know us at Founders in Pawleys Island SC also. We were being paired up with a couple of guys who hadn't played and the starter said "the Kervins play here all the time!  They'll help with any questions on course." You would think we had been members for years but only joined mid January!  Guess we are unforgettable - hopefully the good unforgettable!

At our first club my wife and I were paired with new couples often as she is one of the easiest people in the world to talk to.  She can go to a store and come back with new anecdotes from four people she has never seen before.  
twice after being paired with prospective new members, the new member director told us the feedback was very positive but the new members thought my wife was a club sales person in disguise.  We had a good laugh.   I think she probably helped with a half a dozen new members by being paired with them because of her outgoing nature.  That club loved her.

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

28 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Breakfast is such an important part of the day and (here comes the segue!) that is never more important than getting ready to head out to the golf course with your favorite MGS Forum friends 😇  sort of a cheesy way to provide awareness of the second such golf outing for the Mid-Atlantic MGS outing June 9-11 in Southern Pines, NC.  Seeing how you and husband like to golf in awesome places, we are playing 3 courses and in the original group there are still 3 slots available to join in if it fits for you.  Not like I'm trying what @Tom the Golf Nut might have done to influence by peer pressure for yours truly, and from our outing to Queenstown Harbor GC in Maryland last August this one is going to be one of those events that goes on in MGS Forum lore and tales of epic times shared.

47 days to meeting my friends! 

Sounds terrific unfortunately we will be away that already!

B

27 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Not laughing but a chuckle as my first choir for the day was to pick dog SHHHH crap from the hallway floor. Just glade my eyes were open enough to see the present the in-laws dog left for me. 🤐 

Dogs.... such a blessing but can drive us absolutely nuts. I love mine more than anything but I definitely could've gone without the puking.

IMG_4533.jpeg.9e0767e29444cd56ef9fa8fcc88955c5.jpeg

look at that face though...

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Morning all! Rainy day today. Great day for a home fry and bacon morning (max extra for you @Rickp to offset the oatmeal). Never find good home fries at breakfast places, never crispy and always bland. Not these bad boys

83600174-8D51-4F23-8D96-20A88726B33E.jpeg

BACON😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Late jump for me to the thread today, back home from my in-laws cabin for the boys to get a good nap before heading to the waterpark! Also my in-laws are going to make a little road trip to pick up what I am hopeful will be our new golf cart for at the house! It’s a 2000 EZGO but literally looks brand new in photos. If they come back with it, I will make sure to post pics. Electric cart, bad weather cover, heater, stereo, custom paint job, just decked out! So hoping it looks as good in person. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review