Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Maxfli Tour Series Golf Balls - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow our Testers main posts in the links below!

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball
@David Leighton Reid - TESTING POST
@CSiders12 - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour S Golf Ball
@thechrisgibbs - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour X Golf Ball
@Micah T - TESTING POST
@cjeffs12 - TESTING POST

Congratulations all…

Excited to read/hear and get the comparisons to the Left Dash if y’all play it.

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Looking forward to the results! Since I line up both tee shots and putts, the CG seems interesting. And I’ve played premium balls like Titleist ProV1X and TaylorMade TP5x, but they are so expensive! I’m finishing one round with one ball now, but still. I’m considering a possible alternative of either Vice or Maxfli. 

Driver - Cobra LTDx (44.75in)

3 wood - Cobra LTDx

3 Utility - Cobra King Tec One Length (LA Golf shaft)

4 Hybrid - Cobra Radzone One Length (LA Golf shaft)

6 - A - Cobra Forged Tec One Length (LA Golf shafts)

52, 56, 60 - Cobra Snakebite One Length (LA Golf shafts)

Putter - L.A.B. DF2.1 Armlock (LA Golf shaft)

Congrats everyone!!  These golf balls are getting a lot of hype and it'll be great to hear what you guys think as well!!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

19 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

One of the Forums most played golf ball series has gotten a member test. We are very excited to announce our 6 Testers for the Maxfli Tour Series of golf balls with the following members!

Testing the Tour
@David Leighton Reid
@CSiders12

Testing the Tour S
@Manny
@thechrisgibbs

Testing the Tour X
@Micah T
@cjeffs12

Please welcome and congratulate our testers! 

Congratulations!

My bag consists of

Odyssey Backstryke D.A.R.T. Putter

Calloway Diablo Habanero Driver 9.5

PING eye 2 Irons (4-PW)

Nicklaus ATW 3 HYBRID

King Cobra 3 wood

King Cobra 5 wood

Sand wedge

Lob wedge

Congratulations to all testers selected! Looking forward to reading of your experiences testing these balls!

Driver : Ping G400 SFT, 10 degree, Aldila XTorsion, Stiff, 60g

Fairway : TaylorMade M3, 15 degree, UST Axivcore, Tour S, 79g Red

Hybrid : Titleist 585H, 19 degree, Graphite Design YS-Hybrid+, Stiff, 85g

Irons : Titleist AP2 710, 4-PW, Dynamic Gold SL SensiCore, S300

Wedges :  52/08 SpinMilled Vokey Design;  Wilson Top-Notch Goose-Neck, 56 degree (stop laughing);  58/08M SM8 Vokey

Putter : Odessey, White Ice #2

@Kenny B I am so looking forward to testing this ball, I have been to date a "ball snob" meaning I play Prov1 1x Chrome Soft Taylormade 5TPx etc.

While I like them, I would like to settle in on a ball, and I kind of have a big personality and  I like to mention to people what I like, why I like it and tell them they should try a product.  For instance I have an extra Clicgear and I have loaned it out to about a half dozen friends, showed them all how to open close all the accoutrements that they can get with it. And lo and behold  all of them have purchased one.

Maybe Clicgear needs a sales person in the PNW haha

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

Congrats and happy testing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Madison bats -

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10.5*, Reg 55 gram Riptide

3W - Taylor Rocket Ballz 15* R

5W - Taylor Rocket Balls 19* 

Hybrid 22* Rocket Balls R, 25* Hyper Speed R

Irons - 6-P Titleist AP2 712 S TT Gold Hi Launch

W 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6

Pulled a sleeve out of the cabinet last to play a round with.  Ball performed very well and so this test will be great to follow.  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

2 hours ago, Manny said:

@Kenny B I am so looking forward to testing this ball, I have been to date a "ball snob" meaning I play Prov1 1x Chrome Soft Taylormade 5TPx etc.

While I like them, I would like to settle in on a ball, and I kind of have a big personality and  I like to mention to people what I like, why I like it and tell them they should try a product.  For instance I have an extra Clicgear and I have loaned it out to about a half dozen friends, showed them all how to open close all the accoutrements that they can get with it. And lo and behold  all of them have purchased one.

Maybe Clicgear needs a sales person in the PNW haha

Clicgear is a big seller over here.  I bought my Sun Mountain MicroCart 10 years ago and it's still going strong.  The main reason I bought that one was that I could get two of them (wife's) and both of our bags in my trunk.  If I didn't have to do that I probably would have a Clicgear.

Looking forward to your ball review. While I liked the Tour X, I wanted a ball with a little less spin off the driver.  We have very firm dry fairways, and with my lack of swing speed I need a lot of roll.  😂  Where in WA are you located?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

News flash

Dicks has them on sale today, 4 doz for $119. I got 2 tours, and 2 tour x.

this has been my ball for a while now, and the testers will soon explain why. The X will be new to me, so looking forward to seeing the difference. I’ll play it Friday.

side note, I found an Oncore elixir last week, and played it for a few rounds. It’s a nice ball…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Congratulations Testers!! What a great opportunity! Enjoy, can't wait to hear your feedback! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Congratulations testers! Looking forward to your thoughts and performances with the Maxflis. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Happy for the testers! Have a buddy that is a Maxfli guy if there is really such a thing. He swears by them, but I have not ventured to try them. I guess I will have to borrow one and do a test of my own. Hope you guys include feel on the different clubs not just stats.

Griff

Congrats testers!  I tested the Maxfli balls back in 2021 and came away very impressed.  I ended up driving over to the Tour X as my main go to ball because the performance was solid and the value was unbelievable when you catch them on sale.  

Here's hoping the new balls are even better!

I was out walking 9 after work and my wife sent me a text saying I had a package at home. I shot a very good 37, while only hitting 4 greens. These are ready to hit the course! IMG_2480.jpeg.e5e98980e3b77f0c1c0a612e578df271.jpeg

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

9 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I was out walking 9 after work and my wife sent me a text saying I had a package at home. I shot a very good 37, while only hitting 4 greens. These are ready to hit the course! IMG_2480.jpeg.e5e98980e3b77f0c1c0a612e578df271.jpeg

Nice 9! I’m especially looking forward to hearing how the X performs!

Driver - Cobra LTDx (44.75in)

3 wood - Cobra LTDx

3 Utility - Cobra King Tec One Length (LA Golf shaft)

4 Hybrid - Cobra Radzone One Length (LA Golf shaft)

6 - A - Cobra Forged Tec One Length (LA Golf shafts)

52, 56, 60 - Cobra Snakebite One Length (LA Golf shafts)

Putter - L.A.B. DF2.1 Armlock (LA Golf shaft)

Those look great. I walked 9 tonight on my league and left a lot of shots on the table. Wishing I had a sleeve of those instead of the handful of spares I was playin’

hope you enjoy them!

Titleist Tsi3/Ts2 woods and hybrids

Titlesit AP3 irons

Clevland CBX wedges

Taylormade mallet or Odyssey White Hot center shaft putter. Depends on the day

Went to the course to play yesterday, but was just too busy to get some good testing. So worked on my swing, and got it in a really good place. Took the Tour X to the putting green to see how it felt and rolled. First impression is it firm, I play firm balls and I really like the feel! First couple putts flew by, so that took some adjustment time. I played 21 against the pros, and after a few minutes I was sinking putts from all over place! I did notice when it rolls end over end down the CG alignment line it, it holds its line very well. Not to say I saw anything off when I didn’t have the alignment aid lined up. But when I set aside set time just to test, I will see if there is a noticeable difference. First impressions are very good. 

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to 2023 Forum Member Test - Maxfli Tour Series Golf Balls

It poured rain all weekend, so I went out early this morning. Even par front 9, so I’d say its maiden voyage was a success!! I only got 9 in before work imploded and I had to go in to the office. It was very humid and the course was soaked, so all carry no roll. I went out not knowing any numbers, wanted to go into it blind. It feels very firm, so I was a little skeptical on feel. First drive, felt like an explosion off the face. I’ve played Pro V1x Left dash, and Chrome soft x LS, but this drive looked very fast off the face.  Highlight hole was the par 5, I had a very bad strike, almost missed face bad. It carried, as far as my okay drives usually roll out to, then 7 wood and flip wedge one putt birdie. It handled the wet spin conditions very well. So very good start, the ball still looks new. 

IMG_2487.jpeg.586b6bc5578601a31f421a6842f55e18.jpeg

Got out and played yesterday afternoon, and took some pictures of ball rollout on the greens. One thing I am loving, and I think I will continue to use going forward, is using the alignment CG line to aim off the tee. I missed one fairway, and barely missed one par 3 green. The wind picked up yesterday, it was a low 10 mph, so good intro for the ball. Too early to tell but I did notice some things that I will want to keep an eye out. Full shots seemed to do well. This was a 9 iron into wind, stopped nice and snug. 

IMG_2489.jpeg.23290aead196ac8b2f939688da5cd406.jpeg

Then I had a drive that carried even with my benchmark cart path on par 5. The path is around 280 from the tee box and it carried even and just left of the path into wind. Full shots I saw it handled the wind well.
IMG_2490.jpeg.911bc500337bb6622d617eefd8a959c0.jpeg

One thing I saw was an into wind 3/4 SW shot. I had 70 yards, and hit a really good pitch shot, but when I looked up the ball was ballooning into the wind. I typically play low flighted wedge shots and I was really confused when I saw this flight. The ball still made it on the green, but was well short of what I thought was a great shot. As things go, I throw down one of my gamers and the wind dies and I sail one over the back. Still too early to know if it was an outlier or normal, but definitely something I will keep an eye out. 

Always exciting opening a new box of golf balls, and nothing more frustrating than sending it to the list and found on first swing.

A gimme can be best defined as an agreement between two golfers, neither of whom can putt very well.

I got out and played Monday and Tuesday with the Maxfli Tour ball and I thought the ball held together really well! The durability of the ball was very good and the overall performance seemed solid. This picture is of a ball after 9 holes and hit out of two bunkers. There is one minor scuff on the ball, but overall it still plays just fine!

IMG_4681.jpeg.4090900474d746b7ca90726b2b5155ed.jpeg IMG_4683.jpeg.66f711eade536c566e920d00d61b019e.jpeg IMG_4682.jpeg.edbf1f203ddc22d6a4b3283c3abcd4c4.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

It sounds like the alignment on the CG line is the real deal for the testers so far.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Monday, May 15, 2023

My first test was on the chipping green where I used 3 ProV1's and 3 of the Maxfli Tour's.  The clubs I used were LW through 9 iron.  My method of testing was to chip 1 ball of each brand to 3 different flag locations, with each club, for a total of 30 chip shots.  I could not tell any difference in sound, feel, or spin.  On the putting green, I used one ball of each brand and I couldn't distinguish a difference between sound, feel, or roll.  

I gave each of my playing partners a Maxfli Tour in order to gain their feedback.

Chico - a Callaway Chrome Soft loyalist, said the Maxfli Tour felt and played the same as his Chrome Soft.

Long Jon - a golfer who will play any good condition ball, said the Maxfli Tour played great.

Ricky Ticky Tavi - typically uses a Wilson Staff golf ball, gave the ball a thumbs up.

Cross Fit Joe - favorite ball is the Titleist AVX, but said he had found a new favorite in the Maxfli Tour.  

Following are some of my own conclusions after 36 holes of play with the Maxfli Tour.  I learned the Maxfli Tour, like other quality golf balls, do not float.  Also, the Maxfli Tour makes a great solid crack of the baseball bat sound when errantly hitting a tree.  In all seriousness, I was impressed with my first weekend of testing the Maxfli Tour.  Distance was normal to other balls I have played and the feel, and spin rate were good.  I planned on taking a picture of the ball after 2 rounds to show signs of wear, but the first ball only made it through 29 holes before finding a watery grave.  

The next outing for the Maxfli Tour will be Wednesday Night League.    

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

May 18, 2023

The Maxfli Tour was in the starting lineup last night for league play.  Prior to league, I spent some time on the chipping and putting green, using Maxfli Tour and Titleist Pro V1 balls.  The chipping green was a little soft and both balls were checking up quickly.  On the putting green, I could not tell any difference between the two balls.  The Maxfli Tour performed perfectly on the course, except on a few occasions that we will blame to "operator error".  Just like the Pro V1 and Chrome Soft, I can also hit the occasional driver hook with the Maxfli Tour.  More on-the-course testing planned for the weekend.  So far, I am impressed with the Maxfli Tour.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

On 5/9/2023 at 3:17 AM, David Leighton Reid said:

My current impressions of Maxfli golf balls are they are less expensive and probably not a top shelf ball like I have been playing. 

... I am so glad you put this statement in your introduction. I have had more than a few golfers comment something like "I am surprised a player of your skill level would be playing a cheap ball". Clearly Maxfli has an uphill battle on it's hands but certainly seems to be ascending. I think you will find they perform as good a premium ball as any ball on the market, including ProV1's. In the end they may not be the best ball for your game or you simply prefer another ball, but I have a feeling your opinion (shared by many others) of whether or not the Maxfli Tour is a "top shelf" ball will change. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x