• Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 holes fast start Par, Par middle holes 4 yucks, 3 Pars to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Forgot to mention, we had a walk on join our group this morning as we were short a player.
Guy was OK, played good pace and was personable which is all I really care about. Anyway he was a walking, talking Cleveland fan. Irons were Launchers and he hit them well.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

... Been struggling a little on some monsoon soaked courses in SC and Orlando. Played Eagle Point in Bluffton and at 6400 yds with only 3 par 5's, it was effectively 6550 yds, there was zero roll on every tee shot and I carded a 77 that felt like an 87. I moved up to the whites at 6036 the next round and still drives were plugging and only improved 2 strokes to a 75. Sister course Crescent Point was not as bad but still wet and CPO so some roll, but 20 mph winds on a course I didn't know caused us to abandon our scorecards and just enjoy the day. 

... Played Orange Lake Legends in Orlando and the greens are covered with an invasive grass that looks like crab grass so making putts was almost impossible and shot another 75 with one lone birdie. Finally got to play a course with at least some run off the tee at Orange County Panther Lakes today and I felt like a man that just got released from a prison term for a crime I didn't commit. Ended up with 2 bogies and 5 birdies. But to make sure I wasn't too comfortable I am guessing, they turned the sprinklers on for 3 holes in a row while we were playing them LOL and it was cart path only so we had to dodge the water between sprinkler rotations. Greens rolled nice though and a 69 felt really good as I was starting to get a little discouraged with the playing conditions. 

...  I don't know how you Fla guys play in this weather. 94* and humidity at 100% with the overnight rains and then watering the over seeded fairways. I can't believe I used to practice football in this weather when I was young. I played walking in 105* heat in Phoenix and although pretty hot, I did not feel uncomfortable enough to think about quitting. Today, the cart moving was the only thing to cool us off today and walks across those steamy fairways to a ball as far from the cart as possible just left my clothes soaked and wet. Thankfully clouds blocked the sun about 70% of the round but that 30% in direct sunlight was just brutal. Not sure I could have done all 18 in full sun so I tip my cap to you year round Sunshine State golfers!!! 

• Like 7

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

... Been struggling a little on some monsoon soaked courses in SC and Orlando. Played Eagle Point in Bluffton and at 6400 yds with only 3 par 5's, it was effectively 6550 yds, there was zero roll on every tee shot and I carded a 77 that felt like an 87. I moved up to the whites at 6036 the next round and still drives were plugging and only improved 2 strokes to a 75. Sister course Crescent Point was not as bad but still wet and CPO so some roll, but 20 mph winds on a course I didn't know caused us to abandon our scorecards and just enjoy the day. 

... Played Orange Lake Legends in Orlando and the greens are covered with an invasive grass that looks like crab grass so making putts was almost impossible and shot another 75 with one lone birdie. Finally got to play a course with at least some run off the tee at Orange County Panther Lakes today and I felt like a man that just got released from a prison term for a crime I didn't commit. Ended up with 2 bogies and 5 birdies. But to make sure I wasn't too comfortable I am guessing, they turned the sprinklers on for 3 holes in a row while we were playing them LOL and it was cart path only so we had to dodge the water between sprinkler rotations. Greens rolled nice though and a 69 felt really good as I was starting to get a little discouraged with the playing conditions. 

...  I don't know how you Fla guys play in this weather. 94* and humidity at 100% with the overnight rains and then watering the over seeded fairways. I can't believe I used to practice football in this weather when I was young. I played walking in 105* heat in Phoenix and although pretty hot, I did not feel uncomfortable enough to think about quitting. Today, the cart moving was the only thing to cool us off today and walks across those steamy fairways to a ball as far from the cart as possible just left my clothes soaked and wet. Thankfully clouds blocked the sun about 70% of the round but that 30% in direct sunlight was just brutal. Not sure I could have done all 18 in full sun so I tip my cap to you year round Sunshine State golfers!!! 

Took me a few years to get somewhat used to FL. I’m still not 100% comfortable with the conditions.
I can’t remember the last time we had a Tee time later than 8:00am, 8:30 is my cutoff.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Played with my son and a friend of his at Lincoln Park West. It was in the mid-40's but felt like upper 30's - it was wet and cold. My numbers aren't good but I was happy with my score. My son played really well - 1 over 72 for him.

FIR 1/13
GIR 11/18
Putts 28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

43 minutes ago, chisag said:

No kidding!  I grew up in Florida and spent most of my adult life in the southeast where heat and humidity were typical.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I finally moved out west and found out about low humidity!  Even though it was 100 in Colorado, I was playing golf and not sweating like a stuck pig like I would have been in the same temperature in Charleston, SC with humidity above 95%!  I sure don't miss that humidity!  

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

FW: :taylormade-small:M4 - 3HL (16.5 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-W KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

...definitely a strange round today. I had the same number of GIRS as I did plugged bunker shots, and was the same number over par for the entire round. The magic number? 4!

Obviously, the iron play was very bad, however my short game and putting really saved me today. I only had 25 putts, and while that number is extremely deceiving because of the low GIR, I still made over 100ft of putts. I’m really glad I decided to give the armlock one more try before I moved back to a traditional putter.  Overall, some good, some bad, and some ugly. 

• Like 8

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

2-3 club cold wind, leaves blowing all over the green, slow round due to everyone having to search for their balls in the leaves and I couldn't get it together.  I think I had 4 or 5 double bogeys.  Just couldn't focus on playing, I guess.  Anyway, ended up shooting a disappointing 88.  Only highlight on the round was a birdie on the #2 handicap hole.  Go figure!

• Like 6

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

My season is likely over after last night, which sort of makes me sad because I feel like I have made some progress in the last month or so in terms of getting off the tee and since I don't really have access to an indoor place I can hit balls, I hope I don't revert back to old habits once next season starts. Last night I shot a +8 with a triple on the second hole - I pulled my second shot into a pond. I wasn't striking the ball all that great but ended up with 15 putts to keep things normal, score wise. I only hit 3 fairways, but my missed fairways still left me with reasonable shots, which I don't mind. Have you ever hit a flop shot with a hybrid? I did last night, unintentionally, of course. My tee shot on the first par 5 came to rest on top of some thick, fluffy rough. I was trying to hit a hybrid and I'm not entirely certain the club actually contacted the ball - I'm pretty sure the ball traveled just as far vertically as it did horizontally, which was 17 yards per Arccos. I could only laugh at myself.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

On 10/28/2019 at 6:29 PM, chisag said:

Your write-up explains why almost 40 million bi-peds live in CA.  

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Hot & HUMID this morning. Scoring was awful due to terrible chipping & putting, never gave myself a chance.
Driver and G410 irons were working and made the day bearable. Hit a few rockets off the irons and have to rethink some of my shots. Carry has improved and hope will continue.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

My season is likely over after last night, which sort of makes me sad because I feel like I have made some progress in the last month or so in terms of getting off the tee and since I don't really have access to an indoor place I can hit balls, I hope I don't revert back to old habits once next season starts. Last night I shot a +8 with a triple on the second hole - I pulled my second shot into a pond. I wasn't striking the ball all that great but ended up with 15 putts to keep things normal, score wise. I only hit 3 fairways, but my missed fairways still left me with reasonable shots, which I don't mind. Have you ever hit a flop shot with a hybrid? I did last night, unintentionally, of course. My tee shot on the first par 5 came to rest on top of some thick, fluffy rough. I was trying to hit a hybrid and I'm not entirely certain the club actually contacted the ball - I'm pretty sure the ball traveled just as far vertically as it did horizontally, which was 17 yards per Arccos. I could only laugh at myself.

Since (iI believe) you're in northeast Ohio - what about getting to the golf dome in Chagrin Falls? I haven't been there in years but understand they're still in business. A heated driving range is another option. I know that Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia has several heated bays.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Another lackluster performance on the links.  Shot an 84 that really felt more like a 90.  Struggled with my wedges on the soft,  recently sanded turf.  Lots of leaves and debris on the ground, including the green.  Any shot not dead in the middle of the fairway was hard to locate amongst the shiny leaves.  Shot of the day was a mediocre bunker shot that caught the collar and rolled forward, ticked a leaf redirecting the ball 1/2 inch or so into the hole for a birdie.  I'll be thankful when the final leaves have fallen and the maintenance crew clears them.  Too much work looking for golf balls (and not just my own!).

• Like 5

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Since (iI believe) you're in northeast Ohio - what about getting to the golf dome in Chagrin Falls? I haven't been there in years but understand they're still in business. A heated driving range is another option. I know that Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia has several heated bays.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I am in Akron. You are right about those options but they are not terribly close for me, but would certainly work if I got the itch. There was a range with heated bays about 10 minutes away that closed this year.

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

4 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I am in Akron. You are right about those options but they are not terribly close for me, but would certainly work if I got the itch. There was a range with heated bays about 10 minutes away that closed this year.

Don't forget Top Golf when it opens.

• Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

... Another windy, hot and humid day in Orlando and played my last round for awhile. More comfortable on the greens and made some long putts and chipped in 2 times to save par but still only managed 2 birdies to go with 3 bogies so a 73 for my final day. Could be better but could be worse so no complaints. I did get to take a picture of one of my favorite birds at Champions Gate, the Anhinga. The only waterfowl that does not have oil in it's feather so it can dive deep and stay submerged hunting fish. But when done fishing, it has to spread it's wings and dry them off in the air or it can't fly. Many of you have probably seen them along the side of a water body drying off. Nature is just so amazing!

Anhinga.jpg.6f2fc2d21dab041f0152a97b7916f5c5.jpg

We saw a couple of Falcons Wednesday but I wasn’t fast enough with the camera.
Love seeing ALL those birds on the course.
Anhinga’s are all over the place here.
Like Greg Gutfeld says “animals are great”

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

... Another windy, hot and humid day in Orlando and played my last round for awhile. More comfortable on the greens and made some long putts and chipped in 2 times to save par but still only managed 2 birdies to go with 3 bogies so a 73 for my final day. Could be better but could be worse so no complaints. I did get to take a picture of one of my favorite birds at Champions Gate, the Anhinga. The only waterfowl that does not have oil in it's feather so it can dive deep and stay submerged hunting fish. But when done fishing, it has to spread it's wings and dry them off in the air or it can't fly. Many of you have probably seen them along the side of a water body drying off. Nature is just so amazing!

Anhinga.jpg.6f2fc2d21dab041f0152a97b7916f5c5.jpg

Very similar to a Cormorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

“Bacon Boys” off to a Exec on the edge of The Villages. Cart roads and bridges aren’t completed so we have to drive and rent carts for $3.00.
Last time we were here there was only marsh and woods I guess that changedIMG_0304.JPGIMG_0302.JPG

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead