MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I remember playing Tokatee with my dad (lived in Marcola at the time) and I couldn't get over how beautiful the trees and mountains were.  This was more than 15 years ago... sounds like it still is the same!  The entire McKenzie river area is just spectacular.

Beenin Oregon 53 years  and drove through Marcola for the first time in September. Drove fom 126 to Brownsville basically on some back road. Loved that Marcola area. Drove the seasonal hwy 242 from hwy 126 to Sisters the other day and was in awe. How had I never been that? Super cool area!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

My game is pretty boring - I typically don't get really big numbers (i.e. doubles and triples) and I don't make many birdies... hopefully with the new irons I'll get a bit closer to some pins.

Even if that dosen't happen, you and the arrows are going to be looking good! 😉

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Spent the morning with my True Spec fitter Jason in Bend Oregon.

More on the True Spec fitter results please 🙂.  Whatcha get fitted for?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Beenin Oregon 53 years  and drove through Marcola for the first time in September. Drove fom 126 to Brownsville basically on some back road. Loved that Marcola area. Drove the seasonal hwy 242 from hwy 126 to Sisters the other day and was in awe. How had I never been that? Super cool area!

My parents lived at and managed the Shotgun Creek Recreation Area for about 15 years...

https://www.eugenecascadescoast.org/listing/shotgun-creek-recreation-area/9060/

Loved visiting them!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My son and I played in our club's Turkey Scramble today. This has been a tradition for us for the past 6 or 7 years. We missed it last year because his wedding, so it was great to get back to this annual event.

We came in the top third of the pack so not stellar performance, but I did get a prize for 'closest to the pin' on our par 3 - 145 yd water hole.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Played 18 after in very windy conditions. Started out +4 after 4 and shot 45 on front...ouch.  

Eventualy settled down on the and went 1 under on the last 4 holes.

Got off the tee well all day but no touch around the greens. Not playing much these days so its expected. 

Hit a 4h in to the wind to a 170 yard stick dead in the wind. Solid strike wirh a club thats my 200y stick and stlil came up 5 yards short. 

• Like 8

Only excuse I can offer for today's round was recently punched/sanded fairways and that's not even a good enough excuse.  The weather in southern Oregon was gorgeous, light wind with a sunny day in the mid to upper 70's.  Unfortunately, my game wasn't up to it today.  Started off with a double, then another double and was 6 over after 4 holes!  Oh my!. Managed to end the front nine at a 7 over 43.  Hoping to turn things around on the back, but it never really materialized.  Shot an 85 for the day.  Irons weren't crisp.  Putts were "almost".  A lot of good putts that just didn't fall for one reason or another, including lip-outs.  Oh well.  It was a gorgeous day!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Only excuse I can offer for today's round was recently punched/sanded fairways and that's not even a good enough excuse.  The weather in southern Oregon was gorgeous, light wind with a sunny day in the mid to upper 70's.  Unfortunately, my game wasn't up to it today.  Started off with a double, then another double and was 6 over after 4 holes!  Oh my!. Managed to end the front nine at a 7 over 43.  Hoping to turn things around on the back, but it never really materialized.  Shot an 85 for the day.  Irons weren't crisp.  Putts were "almost".  A lot of good putts that just didn't fall for one reason or another, including lip-outs.  Oh well.  It was a gorgeous day!

We have been getting some great late October days. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Played 18 after in very windy conditions. Started out +4 after 4 and shot 45 on front...ouch.  

Eventualy settled down on the and went 1 under on the last 4 holes.

Got off the tee well all day but no touch around the greens. Not playing much these days so its expected. 

Hit a 4h in to the wind to a 170 yard stick dead in the wind. Solid strike wirh a club thats my 200y stick and stlil came up 5 yards short. 

Your very windy conditions arrived two hours after we got home from Bend.  We headed to the course; there was just a little breeze, not bad.  Pretty windy on the first tee, then it hit.  By the par 3 4th hole playing 140y straight into a 25-30mph wind with higher gusts, dirt was blowing in off the Horse Heaven Hills into town.  73º though.  One guy we were playing with quit after hitting a towering shot that climbed up into the wind and dropped like a rock... into the bunker.  I flighted a 6i down low to the middle of the green.  The ball would move on the green when putting!!  We managed to make it around for 9 holes then quit.  Didn't even keep score. Good exercise after a 4 hour drive.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Your very windy conditions arrived two hours after we got home from Bend.  We headed to the course; there was just a little breeze, not bad.  Pretty windy on the first tee, then it hit.  By the par 3 4th hole playing 140y straight into a 25-30mph wind with higher gusts, dirt was blowing in off the Horse Heaven Hills into town.  73º though.  One guy we were playing with quit after hitting a towering shot that climbed up into the wind and dropped like a rock... into the bunker.  I flighted a 6i down low to the middle of the green.  The ball would move on the green when putting!!  We managed to make it around for 9 holes then quit.  Didn't even keep score. Good exercise after a 4 hour drive.

I enjoyed the wind play and treated it like practice for Bandon one of these days. Flighted some down and let the wind take others. Had one hole at 131 to back stick dead in the wind. Flighted 8i down and just caught the front.  Normally an 8i is 155

Good job getting out after a long drive. 

• Like 4

I know that feeling well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

New course, one of the weirdest rounds of the year for me.

6% FIR, 0% GIR, 31 putts for a 93

Literally only hit 1 fairway and not a single GIR. Short and easy course, so it's kinda embarrassing that GIR and FIR were so low, but my short game saved my butt! Little worried this is going to be the last round of the season, but if it is I'll just have to remember the short game and try to forget everything else😂

• Like 8

7/14 fir 

11/18 gir

31 putts

Probably the highest score I could’ve shot today. Hit the driver incredible, hit irons solid and putted like a blind man. Just couldn’t get anything to fall. Perfect 82* fall day which is always nice. 

• Like 9

First round of Club Championship, really tough day. Wind was crazy, 30-35 mph with gusts even stronger. Played solidly on the front, turned 5 over. Back 9 was a different story. Racked up a series of doubles and limped in with a 49. The wind ended up frying my brain, struck the ball well but it really was guess work. 

Currently in 35th, the leader shot 5 over playing off plus 3.

• Like 7

-2 through four holes, which included birdies on #1 & #3, were the highlights of my round today. Both birdies won me skins in our dogfight and I tied for 3rd overall today. First time in forever I’ve broken 80 on my home track.
IMG_2955.JPG.4bcd7766d1c7852aa80f81265670b877.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on breaking 80

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

80 ESC (83)

8/13 FiR (the front is par 37)

7/18 GiR

31 putts

I had 2 really bad holes due to errant drives. Lost a ball off the first tee when I cooked it left into the trees. Found 3 other balls but not my own amongst the leaves. Iron game is slowly making it's way back, my chipping is much improved, and my putting is still meh. Still struggling with driver, the honeymoon phase is over I guess?

• Like 5

Shot a 42 on the front 9 of Windmill and pulled the pin after #11. I ran into the back half of a junior tournament and there was no way I could play through. Sadly, unless there's some sort of miracle, that was probably my last time on the course for the year.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4/14 FIR

9/18 GIR

29 Putts

This game is something. Last 2 rounds hit the driver just awesome. Yesterday I couldn't hit it to save my life, probably worst I've hit it all year. Need to figure it out fast as Club Championship starts Saturday. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MattF said:

Sadly, unless there's some sort of miracle, that was probably my last time on the course for the year.  

Weather is looking great for our last night of league tomorrow, which I strongly suspect will be that last time for me for the season.

• Like 3