Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Had a hell of a nine this morning. 2/3 of my game was on fire. The putter, not so much. 

IMG_8720.png

Hmmmm,  looks like it is time to stop playing/tinkering with driver and give the flatstick some attention,  😁

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Hmmmm,  looks like it is time to stop playing/tinkering with driver and give the flatstick some attention,  😁

ya, although i had moments where my duck hook driver came back out. I should have easily had 3 more pars (missed 4', lipped out 12', then left two more 12' short).

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

30 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

ya, although i had moments where my duck hook driver came back out. I should have easily had 3 more pars (missed 4', lipped out 12', then left two more 12' short).

Whether you should have easily made those 12’ putts could easily be debated.   Just those three putts don’t equate to a -7.00 SG number.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Whether you should have easily made those 12’ putts could easily be debated.   Just those three putts don’t equate to a -7.00 SG number.

its close, I added up the putts I mentioned and then removed the extra negative stroked gained and it comes out to at -5 I would have gotten back at least. Also yes, I didn't do myself any favors and I can't say I would make those 12' putts. The 4' i missed for par killed me, was a -1.10 SG hit.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

58 minutes ago, cnosil said:

... You will be happy or at least interested to know my feel putting let me down yesterday. Playing Papago for the first time since the redesign and a combination of more severe mounding combined with inconsistent speed on grainy greens left me confused all day. First hole I was just on the fringe with about an 8 foot birdie putt that was slightly downhill and just fed it to the hole then watched it roll 15 feet past. 😳  Two holes later I had about a 30 foot putt after hitting my 3 iron 220 when the pin was on the front at 205. Straight downhill the entire way and it must have been into the grain stopping after 15 feet. Then the 15 footer came up about 2 feet short. 

... Sadly my +1 pard had the same problem and we have never putted so poorly on any course. I am not proficient at ready heavy grain as my two main courses here have mild grain but into or side grain at Papago and the ball would hold it's line but as soon as it started to lose it's speed it would snap off at as much as a 90* angle. Most frustrating round on the greens I have ever experienced. Not sure a technical approach would have been any better but it sure couldn't be worse. 🙄

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... You will be happy or at least interested to know my feel putting let me down yesterday. Playing Papago for the first time since the redesign and a combination of more severe mounding combined with inconsistent speed on grainy greens left me confused all day. First hole I was just on the fringe with about an 8 foot birdie putt that was slightly downhill and just fed it to the hole then watched it roll 15 feet past. 😳  Two holes later I had about a 30 foot putt after hitting my 3 iron 220 when the pin was on the front at 205. Straight downhill the entire way and it must have been into the grain stopping after 15 feet. Then the 15 footer came up about 2 feet short. 

... Sadly my +1 pard had the same problem and we have never putted so poorly on any course. I am not proficient at ready heavy grain as my two main courses here have mild grain but into or side grain at Papago and the ball would hold it's line but as soon as it started to lose it's speed it would snap off at as much as a 90* angle. Most frustrating round on the greens I have ever experienced. Not sure a technical approach would have been any better but it sure couldn't be worse. 🙄

thanks for the pick me up Sam 🙂 Just a reminder, even putting is hard

My Reviews:

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You will be happy or at least interested to know my feel putting let me down yesterday. 

Doesn’t make me happy; I want everyone to play well.    Grasses have a huge influence on how the ball reacts both on full swings and especially putting since the ball spends most of its time rolling across it.   My sarcastic somment would be that you should have taken more Physics courses 😂

25 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

its close, I added up the putts I mentioned and then removed the extra negative stroked gained and it comes out to at -5 I would have gotten back at least. Also yes, I didn't do myself any favors and I can't say I would make those 12' putts. The 4' i missed for par killed me, was a -1.10 SG hit.

The 4 foot miss is a big hit in strokes gained.  The 12 footers probably 1/3 of a stroke.     

still stand by my original attempt. That based on all your other numbers being positive putting would still be negative.  

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Doesn’t make me happy; I want everyone to play well.    Grasses have a huge influence on how the ball reacts both on full swings and especially putting since the ball spends most of its time rolling across it.   My sarcastic somment would be that you should have taken more Physics courses 😂

... But I would have had to actually attend the Physics class right? 🤪  I made a few putts at the end of the round but I have never been so confused since the first time I played grainy Bermuda at a golf forum outing at Myrtle in the early 90's when I had only played bent grass greens. I love bent because downhill is faster an uphill is slower. Simple. Playing in the morning would probably be much better but twilite golf on grainy Bermuda is experiencing the worst of the grain. I will say they had some squirrelly pin placements that didn't help but if I played it a few more times I think I would be OK. Graham is not great putter but a good putter and he literally didn't make a single put over 3 feet the entire round. 

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

The 4 foot miss is a big hit in strokes gained.  The 12 footers probably 1/3 of a stroke.     

still stand by my original attempt. That based on all your other numbers being positive putting would still be negative.  

oh, that I won't disagree. My SG avg for the year putting is -1.92. That is about where I would have been had I made the 4' putt and 2 of those 3 12' putts.

My Reviews:

Pretty bad yesterday.  47/41 88.  Two GIR, some scramble pars, and another birdie to close the round.  The only other highlight was that I hit some pretty killer flops yesterday to get up and down from the many many short sidings I left myself.   I hit a good drive off #1, hit it to 20 feet with my second, barely missed birdie with my third, tapped in for par, then didn't hit another good tee or approach shot until #10.  Tee and approach were as bad as I've had in a while.

It was 98% self inflicted and 2% bad luck (some unlucky bounces).  On a whim because I've been frustrated with the trajectory of my ball flight I decided to rebuild with the Modus 115's I tested last year.  Bring the trajectory down a bit and get a bit more release.  It did everything I hoped it would with good shots but obviously I need to put in some more swings with them.  I also adjusted the driver for the same reasons.  😆  Who knew this could happen?  🤪  Putting wasn't great either.  I feel like I'm too in my head with mechanics right now.  Just need to spend some time with the flat stick.  The last factor, six rounds in 14 days, a lot of heavy manual labor around the house for two weekends in a row, and a mat in the garage that I hit at least 50 shots off of every day, and a ton of work work during the week.   I think I might be a bit worn out.   I think I'm going to take a breather (other than putting) for a week or two.  We'll see if I have the discipline to hold to it.  😉

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Took the boys out on the course yesterday early evening while SWMBO went to happy hour with some coworkers and gave the new Scotty a test run. Played 7 holes and had 12 putts, most significantly, no three putts. Of course a very early sample size, but the feel both through the stroke and strike of the ball was fantastic. Had a couple long lag putts that I put close enough to the hole to comfortably step up to the second putt knowing I could make it, and had a 10' par putt on a par 3 where I missed the green and had to chip on. Two pars and 5 bogeys, so was sitting at +5 through 7, which is good play for me. Hoping to at least get a few rounds in before the season winds down, but the weather is taking a nasty turn to cold this coming week. Hopefully we get back to some highs in the 60s-70s yet before the end of the month. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Played my best 9 holes of the season just now. Shot 39 that should have been less but I was betrayed by the flat stick.

Hit 8/9 Greens in Regulation. I was bombing those greens today!!! No real mishits, other than hitting one approach a little fat. I was stroking my 4/5/6 irons today in a way I haven't all season. Hit 4/7 Fairways, I'm still slicing a little bit with my driver but I seem to have it under control which makes it a fade.

Best part? NO DOUBLE BOGIES even though I had 4 3-putts. I wasn't putting poorly, but I wasn't putting well. A couple of my second putts were missed by less than 3 inches, very upsetting.

Felt amazing to be out there actually playing well. I guess I'm finally getting locked in with the new clubs? It's almost as if I spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours playing golf this year.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Hoping to at least get a few rounds in before the season winds down, but the weather is taking a nasty turn to cold this coming week. Hopefully we get back to some highs in the 60s-70s yet before the end of the month. 

.. I know not of what you speak. *103 here tomorrow before settling into the beautiful low humidity 90's for the next 10 days. 🌞  Of course this is why I put up with 55 days over 110* in the summer. 🥵

38/40 today at Granite Falls North.  My second round there since it's re-opening on Monday.  But, I did improve from the 79 on Monday, so that's something.  Yesterday I shot a 73 at GFS and that lowered my index to 7.8.  Checking my strokes for today's 2-man teams challenge, it went from 3 to 2.  What's weird is that this course is proving more challenging so far yet I get the least strokes there.  Most are grousing about the bermuda rough and I wouldn't argue that except I really haven't been in it too much.  Maybe just some more time learning its subtelties?

5W9.gif

Edited by fixyurdivot

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Had a great round today. Played the nicest course in the area with some great views. I usually only play it once a year and it showed on the greens. The speed and break are both big adjustments from my usual course so I could not buy a put all day. Missed a couple very good birdie putts one from about 4' and the other from about 8'. Closed out with a par 5 bogey to shoot +2 on the front. Driver was really solid and hit some great shots, just was in a great space after a so so first tee shot that left me blocked out a bit leading to a bogey.

On the back the first few holes are tough and it showed with 2 more bogeys. After a nice par on 13 I finally, made a birdie on the hole below by draining a 30' putt. In a couple holes I hit this drive, it is way down hill but was still shocked how far it went. Finally on 17 hit my worst drive way right but there is another hole there, playing back hit a tree, still ok. Hit over some trees, to reach the green in regulation and make a great par. Closed on 18 with my most solid drive, just a little fade, approach to about 15' that ended up a final par. Going +1 on the back so a total of 75, tying my best round relative to par ever. Was great to do it on a course I don't play often, makes me feel more confident of stepping into some state wide competitions next year. Some nice shots below, it is always a beautiful course.

Finally shot of the day below, short sided, green running away, clipped a 58 perfectly one hop in the rough just trickles down to inches, might be my best chip ever.

IMG_2335.jpg.1b50131bb002eb70b8f9ec8bef7e7b19.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg.3c2b4525746f5d2256b7f05d45b3354c.jpg

IMG_2337.PNG.1964bf59ba9d739558d4179683e31060.PNG

IMG_2338.jpg.e4ecc9aade8aa84026997d7b6eccc0d0.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, NubianRugby said:

Played my best 9 holes of the season just now. Shot 39 that should have been less but I was betrayed by the flat stick.

Hit 8/9 Greens in Regulation. I was bombing those greens today!!! No real mishits, other than hitting one approach a little fat. I was stroking my 4/5/6 irons today in a way I haven't all season. Hit 4/7 Fairways, I'm still slicing a little bit with my driver but I seem to have it under control which makes it a fade.

Best part? NO DOUBLE BOGIES even though I had 4 3-putts. I wasn't putting poorly, but I wasn't putting well. A couple of my second putts were missed by less than 3 inches, very upsetting.

Felt amazing to be out there actually playing well. I guess I'm finally getting locked in with the new clubs? It's almost as if I spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours playing golf this year.

congratulations... way to go...

committed to performance excellence

Shot 43 had 2 doubles, the one par 3 I was the only one who hit the green I had about 20 feet for birdie and left it half a roll short. I am still hitting my driver well, my  chipping has really improved and I am putting good but my iron play is not what it used to be I can't figure it out. Hit them well everyone. 

Frank musolino 

Played in the early fog on Thursday 10/5 at Shining rock in Upton, MA 

Overall hit the ball well 50% of fairways or just off. Irons were good but because of the fog alignments were not awesome. Could not chip or putt on the front 6 3-putts (10 chips and 22 putts) overall 15 chips and 39 putts.  49/47 96.  Hopefully better luck around the green next week.

Fog Pictures are from front, then 9 and 10.

image.png.ae61c3a4331a76b9241b538d41755f29.png

image.png.81e9e2970ffda71a9f8bc3ceb5c8631c.png

image.png.5709d3b44060e49027888a1e3703794d.png

image.png.1ae5b2b252df216809d1dd73c868eabc.png

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

Not knowing that I had COVID at the time, but feeling totally like crap (I had the latest COVID booster from Pfizer PLUS a "senior citizen Flu vaccination on Saturday afternoon and thought that I had some serious cold/flu/Covid-like after effects, plus I tested negative for COVID on Sunday night), I played in my senior travel league on Tuesday. I was tied for 3rd place (out of 308 eligible golfers) in POTY points going into this match, which was the last of the regular season, making it my final opportunity to "close the gap" and catch or pass the two guys ahead of me, which I had an outside chance to do.  Well, that absolutely didn't happen, as I shot 21 strokes higher than my last round, and at least 14 strokes higher than any round in the last three months.  To add injury (or, should I say illness) to insult, I tested positive for COVID about 6 hours after finishing this round, which may keep me from playing in our first round playoff match next Tuesday.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Played a nice course in my area this morning. Just learned that they will be rerouting many holes and transform the 54 holes resort into two nicer championship level courses.

As a farewell, I played from the tips at 7,100 yds (course handicap 13).

Had quite a good front-nine with the only blatant mistakes being a 3-putt on the first hole and an uncommitted skyed 3W tee-shot that ended up in the water on the second hole. I had three birdie putts inside 8’ or 10’ but I wasn’t successful. Was 43(+7) at the turn.

Started the back-nine with a birdie on the 455 yds par 4 10th after a 325 yds bomb splitting the fairway.

It all went downhill from there. I hooked my 4-iron OB left on the par 3 11th and pushed my 3rd shot in the woods. After punching-out + a chip and two putts, quadruple bogey crushed my spirit. I shot +11 on the next 7 holes, no par. Concluded the round with two shots in the water for a nice triple bogey on the 18th hole. I was out of it.

Ended up shooting 50(+14) on the back for a painful 93(+21). I’m positive that I could shoot 80(+8) out there, even at 7,100 yds. Angrily went to the range in the afternoon and worked on my strikes.

Edited by Shlax
Link

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

Had something really brewing today. Started with a double as I was timid teeing off with how dark it was.

Next four holes were par, bogey, birdie, par. Then on 15 I hit a pure driver (felt like it) but could not find it anywhere. Took a two stroke penalty. Then on 16 I saw there was someone behind me so I rushed, punched out then hit my approach into the water and quad’d that hole. Finished bogey bogey (could have easily been par, par as I slightly pushed two 6’ putts). 

IMG_8763.png

IMG_8766.jpeg

IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8753.jpeg

IMG_8752.jpeg

My Reviews:

Well I didn't is the short answer. Yet again, the course is closed following heavy overnight rain. This is the shortest, wettest golf season in the 66 years I have played. The forecast is not great either and now we are in October I can only see this continuing. So I'm setting my sights on next season, assuming I survive the winter, and going to be working on my swing as much as possible, more than likely on the range at Morpeth. I also have the Rock'N'Roll putter from Graves Golf to get comfortable with. Loving it so far.

Interesting - me?

44 minutes ago, David George said:

Yet again, the course is closed following heavy overnight rain. This is the shortest, wettest golf season in the 66 years I have played.

... Seems everywhere is a golf trade off. Wettest in 66 years for you and virtually no rain and temps over 115* here this summer. Least golf I have ever played in the summer. Had a friend fly in from Tampa because the heat and humidity was so oppressive he hadn't played in over a month. I am OK with my summer trade off as ideal golf conditions start by Halloween and remain through Easter. 

Had a physical therapy appointment yesterday; did a couple of new exercises, so I didn't do my daily exercises this morning before my 8:30am tee time.  My wife is playing in a two-day Ladies tournament at our sister course across the Columbia River, so I am on my own.

I played with two guys who normally play at that sister course; they came here because their course is closed for the tournament.  Great guys!!  I enjoyed the round, and it didn't hurt that I shot my best round of the year... 74;  3 bogeys and 2 birdies on the front nine and 2 bogeys and 1 birdie on the back nine.  On the front nine one of the guys asked if I was a pro.  🤣  I said Thank You... No.  

Driver still not working like normal but I was hitting fairways.  I made lots of putts from everywhere including a 15 footer for birdie.  The other two birdies were from short range on par 3's; one was a 4 footer and the other was a 1-inch putt... oh so close to an Ace!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 hours ago, chisag said:

... Seems everywhere is a golf trade off. Wettest in 66 years for you and virtually no rain and temps over 115* here this summer. Least golf I have ever played in the summer. Had a friend fly in from Tampa because the heat and humidity was so oppressive he hadn't played in over a month. I am OK with my summer trade off as ideal golf conditions start by Halloween and remain through Easter. 

More rain overnight here so, obviously, no golf today. Speaking to friends in New York City and Canberra, Australia, recently and their climates are predicably unpredictable also. I have to wonder for how much longer the local courses here in the North East of England are going to be able to cope with this amount of water. Just cutting greens and fairways is becoming a problem and a lot of courses are having issues with diseases getting into the greens. Worrying.

Interesting - me?

Had an interesting round yesterday at Hodge Park GC. Had a tee-time bright and early, with temps in the 40s when we got there. Ended up having a bit of a traffic jam as there was also a tournament going on yesterday. On top of that, they had everyone wait to tee-off as the greens thaw, not something I've heard of before but I haven't played in this weather before. We ended up starting about half an hour late, and the course was pretty slow with us all backed up on top of each other all day.

My woods and irons were firing on all cylinders yesterday, was getting great contact and getting my desired draw flight on most shots. Started getting a little adventurous off the tee, and hole 8 I aimed right at the corner of a dog leg left with a draw. I brushed the leaves of the tree on the corner so I suspected I landed in the rough fairway left, I spent awhile searching, and even dropped and a hit a ball. Rolling down the fairway to my second shot I came upon my drive sitting there with a great roll out.

IMG_1933.jpg.6050feee14d922bd10a89601d4b8793a.jpg

However, since my woods and irons were firing that means something else had to give. So, I putted like a complete jerk yesterday with 43 putts (24 front, 19 back).

1200x0.jpg.723c0cfe93c7da7ee51a10fea70e4f05.jpg

Was doing a terrible job on speed, and just generally reading the greens wrong expecting more break (probably cause the ball sailed right past). Had a handful of close calls that turned into big misses because my speed was too much. Managed to shake off my cement hands somewhat on the back 9, but definitely not my best work. Still really happy with my ball striking today though, and it's good enough to move my handicap down.

Edit: I just realized GiR means you need to be on the green for a chance at birdie, I thought it was a chance at par for awhile now... whoops. I need to go back through my rounds and change a few things...

image.png.4fec7014bf87bf0708fb3ad438d7a48f.pngimage.png.67cade69aedd894cbbfeef871b7df876.png

Edited by BallsLeon
Edit scoring
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ