Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

"Traditional" Golf Shoes

whiskey golf

I'll be needing a pair of golf shoes soon and I've had my eye on the Ecco Tour Hybrid Hydromax shoes which are traditional looking. There's something about the dress shoe style that I like and I wanted to know if anyone has had much experience with shoes of this style, not just Ecco, other brands as well. I realize these may not be the best for walking but since I won't be playing high school golf anymore, the majority of my rounds will most likely be casual cart play but I would still like to walk on some rounds for the exercise. Also, I wear pants the majority of the time so these won't be worn with shorts, I have my old, worn out Eccos for those occasions. Anyways, any input is appreciated.

Here's a link for the shoes

http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Mens-Tour-Hybrid-Hydromax/141564,default,pd.html?dwvar_141564_color=50612#start=24&sz=24&cgid=golf-men

No need to shell that much dough when you can get terrific FJ DryJoy Tours for considerably less on sale.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I really like the look of those. I just bought a pair of True links and they are like golfing in slippers.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I will also say that a full leather lining Is a big deal to me because I tend to wear through the inside heal with fabric

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

No need to shell that much dough when you can get terrific FJ DryJoy Tours for considerably less on sale.

I wouldn't mind paying that much since I'm an Ecco loyalist, their shoes are comfortable. Plus, the models that I'm interested in all cost the same price, these look the best though. 

We don't have the Hydromax version here, but I can say that the Tour Hybrid is a shoe that needs a round or three before it's perfect. A bit hard around the heel if you compare it to "ready-to-walk" shoes like Lunar Control. That's my experience and I've heard it from others. But they will be very comfortable. No need to worry. 

Our club pro wears the Tour Hybrid Wingtip all day every day. I'm getting a pair of grey wingtips. Need to upgrade to this seasons colour :)

Pants is a must with this type of shoe. They look perfect with something that's tapered down the leg, like Peak Performance Maxwell or something from JL or Galvin Green. Thank you for not wearing them with shorts :)

Which model did you buy? I really like the black pair of the Gent Wingtip.

The tour in Black.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

The justin golf shoes are looking more and more affordable. My bud that owns a pair says they are better than anything he has ever owned but they are heavy.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

The justin golf shoes are looking more and more affordable. My bud that owns a pair says they are better than anything he has ever owned but they are heavy.

I will say that their shoes are probably one of the nicest brands I've seen. They are still too pricey for me though but they look amazing.

I'd siggest looking at Patrick Gibbons for golf shoes and they are on sale right now. http://www.patrickgibbonshandmade.com/products-page/shoes/golf-shoes/

These are mine.

I have looked at Patrick Gibbons, I do like his stuff but I prefer the smooth look rather than having an exotic leather on half the shoe. Thanks for the link though.

Archived