hckymeyer

What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

Our Sponsors

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Got my KBS TD shaft in the mail. Tip is a little scratched from removal but nothing terrible an en in great condition. Won’t even have to trim the shaft as it is the perfect length. Adapter should be here in the next day or two as well as some new epoxy. My old container of epoxy seemed to spring a leak and end up in the box I was storing it in.

Hoping I can get it assembled and in play this weekend.

IMG_0521.jpg

Must be nice to have a course open in your location.  I'm jealous! 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

Must be nice to have a course open in your location.  I'm jealous! 

Yep, everything around me is open. Now we are getting into green aeration season. Most courses seem to be following the same rules.....upside down cups or pool noodles, restaurant is closed or take out only, limited people in clubhouse. Seen some courses with rakes and none seem to be doing single in cart.

The big thing that is closed around me is MGS headquarters, would love to compare on the GC quad.

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

43 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Yeah, I've been hearing nothing but great things about the D grind... and can hardly wait to get it out on the course.  Also, very impressive to hear from very low handicappers you and @jlukes that the D grind is solid and even used by both of you.  I would typically think lower handicappers would play lower bounce, of course that also depends on playing conditions in your area.  My first ever Vokey (don't remember the model, but it was an Oil Can finish that I bought in '02 or '03) was a 60.04 that I absolutely loved.

... Bounce is like forgiveness, golfers should use as much as they can effectively play. Given medium to lush conditions bounce will never hurt you but often help you. As you said, in some conditions like no rough, bare bunkers and very tight lies that border on or even actual hard pan found on a typical desert course, a low bounce wedge is your best option. I play my 12* D Grind in Chicago/Orlando and my 8* M Grind in Phoenix. After playing low bounce wedges most of my golfing life because high bounce wedges usually had a very wide sole, moving to more bounce with some relief grinding producing an effectively narrow sole was real eye opener for me. 

• Like 4

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Bounce is like forgiveness, golfers should use as much as they can effectively play. Given medium to lush conditions bounce will never hurt you but often help you. As you said, in some conditions like no rough, bare bunkers and very tight lies that border on or even actual hard pan found on a typical desert course, a low bounce wedge is your best option. I play my 12* D Grind in Chicago/Orlando and my 8* M Grind in Phoenix. After playing low bounce wedges most of my golfing life because high bounce wedges usually had a very wide sole, moving to more bounce with some relief grinding producing an effectively narrow sole was real eye opener for me. 

Thanks for the feedback, in the end forgiveness/bounce is the main reason I went with the D over the M, and it's an added bonus that they both have practically the same heal & toe relief, just different degrees of bounce.  Yes, I live in Albuquerque, which is considered desert, but there's not a ton of hard pan (depending on the course), and the bunker firmness differs from course to course.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

1 minute ago, M. Parsons said:

Thanks for the feedback, in the end forgiveness/bounce is the main reason I went with the D over the M, and it's an added bonus that they both have practically the same heal & toe relief, just different degrees of bounce.  Yes, I live in Albuquerque, which is considered desert, but there's not a ton of hard pan (depending on the course), and the bunker firmness differs from course to course.

D grind is super underrated. I was nervous to give up my M grind but I've been using the D grind for two years now and absolutely love it. 

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft I
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Sorry about having to jump through hoops; looks like you got a decent wedge. Since they don’t seem to want it back, I bet someone would buy it from you.

I plan to donate it to my local first tee once they get back and open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 9

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I plan to donate it to my local first tee once they get back and open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s great!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That is very unusual for Jones--- But after all we are all human and mistakes will be made---- I am sure they will make it good--- Jones makes good stuff and stands by their quality and workmanship

Jones sports called me yesterday. Tried to tell me that the bag was not defective based on the pictures. I told them they were crazy and that it was coming back. They then tried to tell me they wouldn’t pay for return shipping. Got a manager on the phone and they ultimately sent me a free label. Was much harder than I expected! The service wasn’t as good as what I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Jones sports called me yesterday. Tried to tell me that the bag was not defective based on the pictures. I told them they were crazy and that it was coming back. They then tried to tell me they wouldn’t pay for return shipping. Got a manager on the phone and they ultimately sent me a free label. Was much harder than I expected! The service wasn’t as good as what I thought it would be.

Wow not a good look from them. 

• Like 2

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

Wow that’s a surprise. The pix obviously shows a defective bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got a sleeve of Oncore Elixr coming to me. Am hoping to test it against the couple sleeves of V1X I got at the Golf Show. Want to make a decision on ball by mid/end April to take advantage of the B3G1 V1X if it's that ball or the 6 dozen for $120 for the Elxir right now

• Like 8

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge:  CB4 Tour 16.5*, Aldila RIP 70-S

:cobra-small: F7 ONE 5-S, UST Recoil 680 F4 in 5 iron, KBS Tour R+ in rest

:cobra-small: KING ONE 60*, KBS Tour FLT 

:nickent-small: Pipe

:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour... For now

:CaddyTek: Caddylite 15.3 V1

Go Orange!

One dollar, 26 cents....

image.png

• Like 9

StrokerAce
:titelist-small:  TS3 PX EvenFlow T1100 White  
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Black Ten S
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

13 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Got a sleeve of Oncore Elixr coming to me. Am hoping to test it against the couple sleeves of V1X I got at the Golf Show. Want to make a decision on ball by mid/end April to take advantage of the B3G1 V1X if it's that ball or the 6 dozen for $120 for the Elxir right now

I’m going to do this as well with a few different balls this year. One of my goals this season (if I ever get to play) is to find the right ball for me and stick to it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

One dollar, 26 cents....

image.png

Haha with free shipping? 

• Like 1

SuperSpeed Forum Tester

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Haha with free shipping? 

Nah...shipping was 8 bucks.

less than 10 bucks for a KZG "mini driver" - I spend more than that on a sandwich.  LOL

• Like 7

StrokerAce
:titelist-small:  TS3 PX EvenFlow T1100 White  
:cobra-small:  King F7 3/4w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red 
:ping-small:  G410 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Black Ten S
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro 
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130
:Arccos: Caddie

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Wow not a good look from them. 

Honestly didn’t expect it. I thought they’d immediately say, “Send us yours, here’s a free label, and once we receive it, we’ll send you another one, free shipping.”
Nope.
I was going to return it no matter what, but to have them actually say, “It doesn’t appear defective,” was a shock. When I sent three pics to their Instagram account, they immediately replied that I’d be taken care of.
Anyway. No Jones Sports stuff for me in the future based on this experience!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I sent Jones a message today through Instagram expressing my disappointment with their service yesterday. They did reach-out today to try and make it right. It’s appreciated, but I’m going to pass on getting a bag at this time. I feel it’s only fair to post how they responded:

“Hi Paul,

This is Max. I am the manager you spoke with yesterday. I would love a chance to make this right to do what we can to help with your frustration. My personal phone number is: . I’m sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t what you had hoped with this order that was placed. We take pride in our customer service and we are a small company so our reputation is something we take seriously. If there is anything I can do to better the situation, I’d love to assist.

Max”

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

I played an Elixr this past weekend;  I found one and figured I would give it a go.  Had good distance,  maybe a touch shorter than something like a pro v, ,bridgestone, or snell.  Spin was good as I was able to stop the ball within a few feet of the landing spot (I spin the ball enough that is stops within a few feet of the pitch mark).  Probably not my top pick but a decent ball overall.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I sent Jones a message today through Instagram expressing my disappointment with their service yesterday. They did reach-out today to try and make it right. It’s appreciated, but I’m going to pass on getting a bag at this time. I feel it’s only fair to post how they responded:

“Hi Paul,

This is Max. I am the manager you spoke with yesterday. I would love a chance to make this right to do what we can to help with your frustration. My personal phone number is: . I’m sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t what you had hoped with this order that was placed. We take pride in our customer service and we are a small company so our reputation is something we take seriously. If there is anything I can do to better the situation, I’d love to assist.

Max”

Seems like some mixed messages from them, and that’s nice, but it would still be a hard pass from me. I get that there are some that really like their stuff, but in my experience it’s simply not very good. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 65 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z585/Z785 5-PW | Modus3 Tour 125 S
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50 Mid, 54 Mid
, 60 Full | DG Spinner Tour Issue
Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
TaylorMade TP5

Seems like some mixed messages from them, and that’s nice, but it would still be a hard pass from me. I get that there are some that really like their stuff, but in my experience it’s simply not very good. 

Putting the Jones next to my Ogio, the Ogio has a much better fabric, seems like it would be more durable. The Jones fabric was light, had a wider “weave”, and seemed like it would not hold up long-run.

Definitely mixed messages, but I did tell them I’m on forums and folks had seen the defective bag and were shocked that they didn’t respond better. Got that message from the Manager once I shared that with them...

• Like 5