Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Tournament prep again today. Worked on pressure shifts and then did some variability drills to calibrate face strike. Learned with irons, if I focus on trying to hit the toe, I hit them more consistently. Driver, Worked on all out and then fairway finder swings. Also did some face strike drills. Ultimately with driver, if I really focus on wrist loading to start the swing, my consistency goes up and everything is playable. I am likely playing up at the white tees and a lot of my danger carries are 200-210, which i can easily reach past on fairway finder swings. Finally, I focused on a few tee shots I expect to play on Saturday. Hit really solid 4w and 7w off the tee. Irons also really solid, to the point I may be taking too much club in my planning. 🙂 

IMG_7719.jpeg

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

Today I practiced not spilling beer in the cup holder while driving a golf cart in the rough! Turns out if you hold it it spills less

I found the same thing yesterday, but I had a push cart.  Turns out the handles on the ClipGear 4.0 is perfect for holding a plastic pint cup.

34 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Tournament prep again today. Worked on pressure shifts and then did some variability drills to calibrate face strike. Learned with irons, if I focus on trying to hit the toe, I hit them more consistently. Driver, Worked on all out and then fairway finder swings. Also did some face strike drills. Ultimately with driver, if I really focus on wrist loading to start the swing, my consistency goes up and everything is playable. I am likely playing up at the white tees and a lot of my danger carries are 200-210, which i can easily reach past on fairway finder swings. Finally, I focused on a few tee shots I expect to play on Saturday. Hit really solid 4w and 7w off the tee. Irons also really solid, to the point I may be taking too much club in my planning. 🙂 

What tournaments are you look at joining?  I've only found a few in the area and most of them are not for my handicap range.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

4 minutes ago, Mr. Mushball said:

I found the same thing yesterday, but I had a push cart.  Turns out the handles on the ClipGear 4.0 is perfect for holding a plastic pint cup.

What tournaments are you look at joining?  I've only found a few in the area and most of them are not for my handicap range.

NW Golf Guys. I am playing one in Chehalem Glenn. to my understanding, there are no handicap restrictions with them.

https://nwgolfguys.com/schedule/portland/

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

6 minutes ago, Mr. Mushball said:
1 hour ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

Oh I need a push cart desperately! Mine is old as dirt and has no cup holder!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Continuing the work re: reducing my spin with the driver. Another micro range session for lunch today. Focusing on staying back, swinging in to out and making contact on the way up rather than the way down. It’s a work in progress, but starting to see results.

IMG_0653.png.84259e331760f7da508569b7b48a38d8.png

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

At the North Kingstown range today practiced hitting wedge shots, 3W, 5H and Driver, all using a PRGR launch monitor. Set my baseline swing speed for the 2023 Super Speed test. Finished by practicing lag putts. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

6 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

NW Golf Guys. I am playing one in Chehalem Glenn. to my understanding, there are no handicap restrictions with them.

https://nwgolfguys.com/schedule/portland/

Shoot, out of town this weekend.  Haven't played Chehalem Glenn yet but seems like a nice course.  OGA members get a discount, so it's on my bucket list for the summer.  I'll have to sign up for Pumpkin Ridge.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

15 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

do you mean how I intend to do that or why I intend to do that?

I assume the why is to try and score better.   I guess the question is what is your targeting strategy?  Are you always attacking pins and what does attacking mean to you?   You say the 7 iron is a scoring club so that would in my mind mean you are being more aggressive with your targets; what is 7 iron distance?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I assume the why is to try and score better.   I guess the question is what is your targeting strategy?  Are you always attacking pins and what does attacking mean to you?   You say the 7 iron is a scoring club so that would in my mind mean you are being more aggressive with your targets; what is 7 iron distance?

ahh, I get it now, it is a change of mindset, always evolving so to speak, this may be a long explanation so please bear with me. I like to break down my game into 1. distance clubs (driver/3 wood)..2. long irons (2 hybrid, 3 hybrid, 4 hybrid (like to get close to the hole but realistically pin high or on the dance floor somewhere is good)3.  5 iron, 6 iron (same as long irons however a bit closer if possible) 4. scoring irons 7 iron (carry's 150 in the summer) 8 iron-140, 9 iron-130. PW 120, 50 degree 100 and 56 80 yds.5.putting and chipping. so as my game evolves and I omit concerns with the 1.2.3.and 5. then it is time to concentrate more on 4. 

So I will still go through my bag on the range, 5 balls with each of the other clubs however go back and hit 30 or more balls with just the scoring clubs and when I am on the course I will focus a bit more on striking them pure and making sure my face and path are really really good.... 

Just as an example today I finished my round, had a good day 72 even par, just ready to get in my car and come home but said to myself (you are not going to get any better sitting on the couch)  so got my equipment out and headed down to the range... worked on my scoring clubs again... I am excited to get my Tacomo irons so I can work with them as well... 

committed to performance excellence

26 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

ahh, I get it now, it is a change of mindset, always evolving so to speak, this may be a long explanation so please bear with me. I like to break down my game into 1. distance clubs (driver/3 wood)..2. long irons (2 hybrid, 3 hybrid, 4 hybrid (like to get close to the hole but realistically pin high or on the dance floor somewhere is good)3.  5 iron, 6 iron (same as long irons however a bit closer if possible) 4. scoring irons 7 iron (carry's 150 in the summer) 8 iron-140, 9 iron-130. PW 120, 50 degree 100 and 56 80 yds.5.putting and chipping. so as my game evolves and I omit concerns with the 1.2.3.and 5. then it is time to concentrate more on 4. 

So I will still go through my bag on the range, 5 balls with each of the other clubs however go back and hit 30 or more balls with just the scoring clubs and when I am on the course I will focus a bit more on striking them pure and making sure my face and path are really really good.... 

Just as an example today I finished my round, had a good day 72 even par, just ready to get in my car and come home but said to myself (you are not going to get any better sitting on the couch)  so got my equipment out and headed down to the range... worked on my scoring clubs again... I am excited to get my Tacomo irons so I can work with them as well... 

Interesting.  So from 150 and in you are shooting at the flags?

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Interesting.  So from 150 and in you are shooting at the flags?

I am going to say 90% of the time, it would have to be really dangerous ie tucked close to a pond or whatever, I definitely look at it as a green light opportunity. probably even further than 150 as the summers moves on. 

20 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

I am going to say 90% of the time, it would have to be really dangerous ie tucked close to a pond or whatever, I definitely look at it as a green light opportunity. probably even further than 150 as the summers moves on. 

Based on course management strategies that have become more popular since Brodie's work it seems aggressive, but it works for you.  

Just now, cnosil said:

Based on course management strategies that have become more popular since Brodie's work it seems aggressive, but it works for you.  

ahh, dont know who Brodie is but yes it works for me. hopefully really really well...

2 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

ahh, dont know who Brodie is but yes it works for me. hopefully really really well...

Mark Brodie wrote Every Shot Counts. 

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

... Always an interesting discussion and so many ways to go about it with different theories. I attack every flag I can, even with long irons. I can could mean going right at a pin on the left side from 195 with my 4 iron if there is no trouble right or left, knowing I will hit a slight draw and start in the middle of the green and let it work to the pin. If it goes straight that still leaves me a birdie putt. Otoh hand with a pw in my hand and a pin on the left with a severe drop off into a bunker, water or just gnarly rough I am aiming just right of middle and if it draws a little I still have a 10 footer or stays straight and a 15 footer. Going right at the flag brings water into play, something I am. not doing from 195yds. 

... We have a par 3 with a very deep bunker in front as well as a false front and anything right of the bunker even on the green can roll off and down a 50 foot hill leaving a LW to a green you can't see. Even pin high right will roll off the green and into trees. So middle and a little long is the play and a slight pull left ain't bad either. Anything but short and even worse anything right. The tee box and hole is aimed to the right enticing you to go that way. I have had more bogies on this hole than any other because a right pin is difficult to get to from the left side where the bailout is and not roll off the green. 

... But I understand Jim's practice because I want to be aggressively attacking the center of that green with my 5 or 6 iron. Thinking I can just play away from trouble is a recipe for a bogie as subconsciously I know even missing the green completely to the left is better than missing right and if I get mentally lazy I will end up over there. But no doubt I don't shoot at as many pins as other targets on most greens. We have several holes that over the green is dead and with a back pin I am coming up short of the ridges through the middle of the green. Quite a few false fronts as well. Several other holes where a miss is almost a sure bogey and firing at pins will backfire more than succeed. 

... I am one that believes golf is more often than not about how good are your misses. There are always red, yellow and green lights and all that said how I am hitting the bal on any given day also factors into the equation, turning yellow lights into green or red. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Always an interesting discussion and so many ways to go about it with different theories. I attack every flag I can, even with long irons. I can could mean going right at a pin on the left side from 195 with my 4 iron if there is no trouble right or left, knowing I will hit a slight draw and start in the middle of the green and let it work to the pin. If it goes straight that still leaves me a birdie putt. Otoh hand with a pw in my hand and a pin on the left with a severe drop off into a bunker, water or just gnarly rough I am aiming just right of middle and if it draws a little I still have a 10 footer or stays straight and a 15 footer. Going right at the flag brings water into play, something I am. not doing from 195yds. 

... We have a par 3 with a very deep bunker in front as well as a false front and anything right of the bunker even on the green can roll off and down a 50 foot hill leaving a LW to a green you can't see. Even pin high right will roll off the green and into trees. So middle and a little long is the play and a slight pull left ain't bad either. Anything but short and even worse anything right. The tee box and hole is aimed to the right enticing you to go that way. I have had more bogies on this hole than any other because a right pin is difficult to get to from the left side where the bailout is and not roll off the green. 

... But I understand Jim's practice because I want to be aggressively attacking the center of that green with my 5 or 6 iron. Thinking I can just play away from trouble is a recipe for a bogie as subconsciously I know even missing the green completely to the left is better than missing right and if I get mentally lazy I will end up over there. But no doubt I don't shoot at as many pins as other targets on most greens. We have several holes that over the green is dead and with a back pin I am coming up short of the ridges through the middle of the green. Quite a few false fronts as well. Several other holes where a miss is almost a sure bogey and firing at pins will backfire more than succeed. 

... I am one that believes golf is more often than not about how good are your misses. There are always red, yellow and green lights and all that said how I am hitting the bal on any given day also factors into the equation, turning yellow lights into green or red. 

What you describe is very much in line with what Broadie discusses and the strategies discussed in DECADE related to targeting and the mental game.    That was why I was asking about Jim's approach since he said he was firing at pins.    

I have nothing useful to add here but it is really cool getting an insight into people's strategies.  I'm still mostly in the "hit towards the green and hope it lands somewhere nearby" level.  And its pretty wild how many levels there are to this game.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 minute ago, JerryB said:

I have nothing useful to add here but it is really cool getting an insight into people's strategies.  I'm still mostly in the "hit towards the green and hope it lands somewhere nearby" level.  And its pretty wild how many levels there are to this game.

... Just keep in mind Jerry, we are talking about when we are playing average or well. We all have bad rounds and even a scratch player can just be looking to get it on the green when having a bad day. I have quoted this many time but I love Graham McDowel saying when swinging well, golf is the easiest sport known to man. When swinging poorly it is the most difficult endeavor on the planet. Even the Pro's struggle. 

26 minutes ago, chisag said:

Well said, especially the part about "if I get mentally lazy" another component of the game that, for me anyway, sharpens as the tournament season moves on...

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Just keep in mind Jerry, we are talking about when we are playing average or well. We all have bad rounds and even a scratch player can just be looking to get it on the green when having a bad day. I have quoted this many time but I love Graham McDowel saying when swinging well, golf is the easiest sport known to man. When swinging poorly it is the most difficult endeavor on the planet. Even the Pro's struggle. 

even the guys on television, like Graham, shoot 64 one day and 74 the next... another reason this game is so interesting... lots of nuances lol

Just now, Jim Shaw said:

Well said, especially the part about "if I get mentally lazy" another component of the game that, for me anyway, sharpens as the tournament season moves on...

... Yea, better players fall victim with a lay up you can basically hit anywhere and they relax their focus a little and other shots that don't need to be very accurate. Usually it works out OK but every now an then it really bites you. The college girls were playing 36 a day in their National Championship this week in the Phoenix heat and I think quite a few made that mistake as mentally they were exhausted. Like a hole with a 5 iron lay up to a wide landing area leaving wedge in and I just don't give it the respect every shot deserves and hit a really poor shot. I really hate it when I make that mistake and vow to never do it again ... until a few months later when I do. 🙄

Was at the range tonight, been teaching a friend of mine how to play and sort of acting as his swing coach, and I was very close to committing an act of violence lol.

2 young guys were in the bays next to my mate, looked to be early 20s at most, and one of them was Happy Gilmore swinging a Scotty Red X2, and chunked it into the ground multiple times, and when his friend asked "isn't that meant to be expensive?", the guy swinging just replied with "I dunno, my dad gave it to me when I graduated, so it cost me nothing". Bloody infuriating to see, and harder to keep my mouth shut. 

My mate I'm teaching is coming along at least, starting to make decently consistent contact with the ball, and it's interesting to see things from the other side of the swing, especially when trying to teach someone else, it's helped me realise some things in my own swing to work on. 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Practice today was 7iron 3wood and driver, 7iron was poor but 3wood Cobra Radspeed set at 13.5deg was v-good but  C4 driver so good I was surprised. The C4 has a light firm graphite shaft and I was hitting in the NETS with a rubber 2inch tee setup in the mat plus the ball more fwd upto my big toe of the leading foot. Been trying different driver setups just because I can lol, I only tried the C4 because I liked the feel even though I wasn't getting anything out of it when I bought it months ago but I changed the grip so maybe that's why?

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

My warmup or practice never changes, I go through the bag starting with a five iron, this helps me stretch out my swing.

Then through the bag in order wedges, 9,8,7,6 etc.

Key for me is pick a target, tree, pin and then try and hit three in a row at that target and if all three hit target then move to next club, if say I hit two and then screw up the third I start again until I hit the three.

Then it’s bunker play and putting the ball in bad lies, up hill near lip, down hill etc. 

Then finish with putts, long ones first for lays ups, move in say 15-20 ft compass N/E/S/W then 4 around 3-5 ft compass.

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Practice today was making ten 7ft  putts in a row on my Sklz matt only using my left hand (I putt left hand low)

Once I do that I take a break and do it again later in the day...when I go play it seems much easier with 2 hands on the putter and inside 7ft is a cake walk.

Edited by GolFlikeaNUT

TM Stealth HD, G425 Irons and a pleather of TM FWs...Putter? Lab Golf MEZZ.1 MAX 

Working around the house today but kept taking breaks and hitting wedges into the net in the garage.  Spent mini sessions on alignment, partial swings, and takeaway.  Results were encouraging but mostly just therapeutic.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Short game practice today. Practiced lag putts of varying distances, followed by 3'-9' putts around various holes on slopes, particular focus on distance control for downhill putts. Practiced Release-1  (Dan Grieve's name for the chip and run) with my gap wedge, followed by Release-2 (higher soft landing) chips to the same hole with gap wedge then sand wedge. Finished with some chips out of the rough and toe chips (putt chip style) with my sand wedge. 

Edited by BobBC78

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Trying to stand more vertical; I play a lot of bball and need to realize that I might bend my knees a little too much when addressing the ball. Watching Scheffler over the weekend and he barely has any knee bend. 

Also - bought 2 bags of sand, dumped in the yard and am doing some 'bunker' practice. Need to feel the club hit the sand first and pop the ball out. I rarely get a chance to practice that at the range I go to.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: