What/How did you practice today?

jlukes

3 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Hope that you have fun both rounds, and just enjoy them for the opportunities they present, being outdoors, enjoying the time with others, and potentially making new friends along the way.

Really hope that you will also post a few pictures of the fun events you have coming up.

Just relax, and enjoy these moments for what they really are, without putting any other undue pressure on yourself.

Thank you! It'll be fun getting out with guys I've never played with before and just experiencing new courses. You can be sure I'll post some photos, especially from Dead Horse. I've been looking to Arccos and Google Earth scouting it and it looks interesting.

As a bonus to tomorrow's round, I'm going to make a surprise visit to see my sister. She lives in the area and due to taking care of my mother-in-law during Covid, I haven't seen her in over a year. I'm going to have to slyly make sure she's not doing something and she's home. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thank you! It'll be fun getting out with guys I've never played with before and just experiencing new courses. You can be sure I'll post some photos, especially from Dead Horse. I've been looking to Arccos and Google Earth scouting it and it looks interesting.

I've never played the course either, but I'm sure we will have a great time. Its all about playing golf and having some fun along the way. I got to play this morning to warm up for tomorrow. Haven't been able to play much the last couple of weeks with all my daughters state track meets and her HS graduation.

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Just messed around PGASS with my daughter today. Was fun! Was able to stroke the ER2V while I was there and really enjoyed it.

Daughter was loving the practice green and may be buying a set sooner than later 😂 she was extremely disappointed we didn’t make the 2nd putt 

Really need a new putter....when you purposely setup on the toe no matter what...

00510B15-BE24-4C3A-988F-7691919774BF.png.cc89a6a1711e7a1cbba4400be7d7880f.png

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

After my round, was practicing some stuff from my most recent lesson. Shorter backswing with a good turn. Started hitting a baby draw with driver with that swing. Never seen that ball flight before. I have hit plenty of hooks before, but not a consistent proper legitimate baby draw. 

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

My son and I hit the range late this afternoon. My funk from Thursday carried into today... My son on the other hand settled into a consistent groove.

PXL_20210530_203830640.MP.jpg

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

Posted (edited)

Was thinking about being more consistent with my putting and chipping and generally if I have a flat uphill to the pin I like to use the ground like chipping and use the toe of the club like I do for putting 

I find downhill putts very difficult to judge the speed and generally look at the hole or spot and feel where the butt of the putt club is. 

It seems like a totally different setup on the long uphills vs long downhills 

Edited by Haro
  • Like 1

Greenside bunker play is getting better    I’m feel it’s free swinging  not to be afraid to hit sand using my body a lot more and weight over my front leg.  Setting up the ball relative to where my foot position is 

I think this keeps me using my “ entire  body “ Into the motion and not just my arms  or just my hands or just my upper body 

• Like 1

While rain postponed yesterday round, going to the store to replace Jackson’s broken driver meant I wasn’t the only one in the house who wanted to go to the range today.

Took a trip this afternoon and tried to feel like I was maintaining my bend in the downswing.  And man did I hit a few pure.  I hit several shots that were right at the 100 yard flag, one that might have hit the stick from 148, and a 175 yard 7-iron that would have been a real good birdie opportunity.  I’m really starting to hit my stride with the Modus 120x and love the feel. 

As always when I go with @Lacassem and my brother we like to play a few games.  Today I decided it would be fun to take a few swings with his Radspeed + Motore X combo.  Except unlike last time where I barely got it off the ground (there’s a.... 4ish degree difference in our lofts) I made sure to swing up on it.

Hit an absolute bomb that Mark caught on camera (thanks for the evidence).  Thanks to the few extra swings I got with it I’m seriously contemplating if it might be a better fit in the big stick for me than the Ventus Blue 6x.  The Motore X feels incredibly smooth but still stable.  

We had the radar out again and Mark must have been swinging well within himself as we were both registering around 110 mark.  I hit 111 a few times and 112 once, but the result was.... less than ideal.

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

I've been struggling in a very bad way lately. The big right miss is always lurking, and that's just assuming I make clean contact and don't double-cross it left. Not great... But, I'm not one to give up and have been working in earnest to completely rebuild my swing. It's not enough to simply make good contact, I want to create something much more repeatable and less likely to introduce such chaos.

The results from yesterday's driving range and short game session yielded some positive results. Unfortunately, I didn't capture any pics or video from that, but set the camera up at home while working on the same "feels". The differences (at least to me) are significant!

BEFORE (2nd pic in transition):

IMG_4006.PNG.56d272990e34972c30f15720f3f2a67a.PNG

IMG_4003.PNG.32c5c8c1b1f8a69a4d4a762cace95d7b.PNG

AFTER (2nd pic in transition):

IMG_4005.PNG.d0fd53e0537e37d9de1e7d0ba89bda43.PNG

IMG_4001.PNG.c02bf6ea20aa5728e2325cfbb24a5ec0.PNG

I don't have anything to show for impact position simply due to that fact that I was swinging inside and a proper move down towards the "ball" would destroy my wife's new rug and earn me a 3-night stay at the Back Breaker's Inn (AKA: the cOUCH)! 😂 

From the top, my previous move lacked rotation through the impact zone as my hips would get ahead of my arms and stall out or slide. So, I've implemented the Tiger pump drill to feel as though the swing starts with the arms and everything syncs up much better. I still need to work on covering the ball and exiting left, but much improved with a stronger, more piercing ball flight as a result.

It'll be a solid week or two before I make it back to the range or course with rain in the forecast and a trip to Galveston planned for the weekend, but I worked up some things I can easily do in the living room to help me until then.

🤞🤞🤞 for a speedy return to low-80 rounds or better!!!

• Like 5

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Went to a practice range yesterday with the kids (5-girl and 2-boy).  The boy is a machine! Hit went through 100 balls and was mad that he was out lol.  I probably got 20-30 swings in, but did well with my focus of ball first cantact and watching impact in those few swings.  I was really able to get some work in at the short game area as the kiddo's played in the sand 😂

• Like 5

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

Messed around with ball position to see if I can get some more height on my iron shots. I've always played most iron shots out of the middle of my stance because I had the tendency to hang back when I started playing. That's not too much of an issue for me now, thankfully and moving the ball up an inch or so did two things today - first, I got a little more height which is nice, and second my divots were a lot more shallow. Now, this was one day - we'll see how things go after a few more attempts at this. We all know what it's like to try something and go "aha!" and then it never works right again 😂

I'm tempted to once again put the drivers away and just use my 3w or Heavenwood off the tee on longer holes. The HWood has always been so consistent for me off the deck or tee, today I couldn't hit the D7 or the Mini Bertha to save my life. But the HWood was fine, even bleh shots still would have put me in the fairway.

• Like 4

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Posted (edited)

Today I/We used my favourite practice round. 

basically I play with my mate who’s same handicap. We both tee off then use the location of the worst ball for both our next shots. Repeat until the ball is in the hole. 

It does a few things I enjoy..

adds competition into practice and puts both players in position they’re not usually in. 

was super enjoyable and I feel much more confident going into match play again. The social aspect of it is also huge. 

Edited by PankaGolf
  • Like 5

"C'mon be good"

Had a really good range session this afternoon. Jackson was able to come with me as school had to close early due a water issue that required them to turn it off, which meant the kids needed to be released early.  I wanted to go to the range on lunch today anyway, so it was a perfect storm.  

I had done a planemate workout earlier in the day and still felt like I had it on when I was loosening up with some chips and pitches.  

Got into some longer shots and was peppering this flag at about 100 yards.  I liked this one a lot because I swing down ever so slightly under the plane of my takeaway, which is new for me.  

The real highlight was the long game though.  I set a new personal best swing speed!

D54281A7-863E-42B6-8EC9-F4A8BD7AAED5.jpeg.da028d44d00298500051cf0255b5cbfe.jpeg

Still not quite in the @Chip Strokes club, but I consistently hit balls in the 114-116 range today.  I had been getting a little frustrated with some of my drives lately to the point I decided to adjust until I felt like I was hitting good shots.  I ended up going to the full +1.5* setting on Speedzone to help close the face, as well as taking a slightly stronger top hand.  It appears to have worked, well at least for today!

A few things stand out to me there.  

1. The sound.  I still LOVE the sound of the Speedzone, and it seems to get better with more speed.  This swing registered 114 on the radar.

2. More planemate progress.  Club face and spine are a nice match here

6F4A026E-E1FB-47EC-B809-B4824DDDA836.jpeg.868ad31214d3e7bb095a69c28ec6ab1a.jpeg

3. Whoa!  I actually loaded the shaft!

FF564344-C08E-4049-92E4-C1E67A071C7E.jpeg.ba58b511897478801a695e585a211fc9.jpeg

On top of that, Jackson had a blast.  

Jackson and I will be playing with my Dad and brother on Sunday, so we’ll see if we’re still both hitting bombs, but until then… well, Jacksons sign off is probably better

34C34A47-BEC6-47F8-A237-77C05DD770AC.jpeg.75da8c324b1def4145c4fa84fbe58855.jpeg

• Like 8

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Had a really good range session this afternoon. Jackson was able to come with me as school had to close early due a water issue that required them to turn it off, which meant the kids needed to be released early.  I wanted to go to the range on lunch today anyway, so it was a perfect storm.  

I had done a planemate workout earlier in the day and still felt like I had it on when I was loosening up with some chips and pitches.  

Got into some longer shots and was peppering this flag at about 100 yards.  I liked this one a lot because I swing down ever so slightly under the plane of my takeaway, which is new for me.  

The real highlight was the long game though.  I set a new personal best swing speed!

Still not quite in the @Chip Strokes club, but I consistently hit balls in the 114-116 range today.  I had been getting a little frustrated with some of my drives lately to the point I decided to adjust until I felt like I was hitting good shots.  I ended up going to the full +1.5* setting on Speedzone to help close the face, as well as taking a slightly stronger top hand.  It appears to have worked, well at least for today!

1. The sound.  I still LOVE the sound of the Speedzone, and it seems to get better with more speed.  This swing registered 114 on the radar.

Jackson and I will be playing with my Dad and brother on Sunday, so we’ll see if we’re still both hitting bombs, but until then… well, Jacksons sign off is probably better

nasty bombs!!!

you’re getting fast, dude!!

• Like 5

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

25 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Your swing is looking great and those are some wicked fast swings with the driver. Jackson's swing and high five are the biggest highlights of the video. Man, he looked pumped to be hitting bombs. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Your swing is looking great and those are some wicked fast swings with the driver. Jackson's swing and high five are the biggest highlights of the video. Man, he looked pumped to be hitting bombs. 

He can't get enough of it!  It's fun to play with him... but he's already telling me he's gonna kick my butt.  haha

I'm looking forward to playing with him, my brother, and my dad this weekend.  It will be the first time we've all done that!  I even got the old man to agree to an early tee time by reminding him of that fact.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

He can't get enough of it!  It's fun to play with him... but he's already telling me he's gonna kick my butt.  haha

I'm looking forward to playing with him, my brother, and my dad this weekend.  It will be the first time we've all done that!  I even got the old man to agree to an early tee time by reminding him of that fact.

That's awesome that he's already thrown down the gauntlet and let you know you're in his sights. I'm just glad you're all getting to play together this weekend. That should be a great family outing and sounds like the making of some wonderful memories. 

• Like 5

Have been totally lost on the tee box as of late, so I went out today with only a single wedge and then nothing but long irons, hybrids and driver.

Driver still isn't good at all (lesson on Wednesday and I will make that the focus), but by the end of my buckets I started finding some good things with all of the other clubs. I still default to bringing the club way inside on the backswing and it leads to pushes and hooks, especially with the longer clubs. Toward the end of the session, I really focused on "standing up the umbrella" or taking the club back along the shaft line (thanks, @GolfSpy_CS for that thought) and then keeping the right shoulder up on the downswing. Made some really nice contact and hit some dead straight shots, which is a rarity for me.

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.2 (Last Updated July 30, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 5/26/2021 at 9:27 AM, cjeffs12 said:

the problem is I woke up today and completely forgot it

..the only thing I remember is that my muscles have no memory ...
😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

..the only thing I remember is that my muscles have no memory ...
😆

Not for playing golf, but they sure do remember how to be painful.  😂

• Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”