Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

mcgregor vs mayweather

robertson153

I might be the only one on here, but is anyone else going to watch this fight. I'm not the "PPV" type but I think my local club is renting this for members to watch(we have a "sports bar" side at my club). Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has a prediction or if anyone even cares.

Me personally hopes mcgregor wins.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Not going to get the PPV, but will be interested in the results.   I think it will be Mayweather since it is boxing rules and heavier gloves.  McGregor has to win it early since he isn't typically used to going more than 3 rounds.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm thinking Mayweather will take it though I'd like to see Macgregor win it. They switched to lighter gloves which will benefit Macgregor but I still think Mayweather takes it in 6 rounds with his boxing background

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

If Mayweather dances around and stays away from McGregor I think he takes it in a decision not a TKO. If he tries to stand with McGregor (which I highly doubt he will) he gets TKOed

CobraConnectChallenge3

I've bet $500 on Conor in 5 separate bets, one dating back to January before the fight was anything besides a pipe dream I got at +900. Conor is faster that people think, closes distance better than folks think, and hes massive compared to Floyd. Doesn't hurt that he has the death touch in his hands. It's going to be very competitive

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Not going to get the PPV, but will be interested in the results. I think it will be Mayweather since it is boxing rules and heavier gloves. McGregor has to win it early since he isn't typically used to going more than 3 rounds.

Conor has fought 5 rounds. And in MMA the rounds are 5 minutes vs 3 minutes

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Conor has fought 5 rounds. And in MMA the rounds are 5 minutes vs 3 minutes

While the rounds are longer he has only had one professional fight go 5 rounds and only one other professional fight go more than 2 rounds.

I don't question his talent or power, just think in a pure boxing format unless he gets it over quickly he will struggle a bit in later rounds.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was asking a friend today if Conor would be able to use his feet and he said heck no.  It would be over in 30 seconds or less if that was the case! I haven't been into the boxing now for years so I have no clue who will come out on top.  Just don't let Conor use his feet  ;) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Did McGregor get a special exemption to fight in the senior division.   Mayweather is 40 years old, while McGregor is 29.   Also, when was Mayweather's last fight, hopefully, he got rid of any ring rust.   If McGregor can't beat the old man, then perhaps he should retire.  I'm surprised that Mayweather hasn't.  I must believe that both will be taking some rather nice trips to the bank regardless of outcome.

I do not use PPV events, most times they are rebroadcast the following weekend.

I think the whole thing is a sham but if I had to bet, I would bet on the professional boxer to win the professional boxing event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Did McGregor get a special exemption to fight in the senior division. Mayweather is 40 years old, while McGregor is 29. Also, when was Mayweather's last fight, hopefully, he got rid of any ring rust. If McGregor can't beat the old man, then perhaps he should retire. I'm surprised that Mayweather hasn't. I must believe that both will be taking some rather nice trips to the bank regardless of outcome.

I do not use PPV events, most times they are rebroadcast the following weekend.

Mayweather did retire, but he thinks he's the greatest ever so he wants one more fight. Plus they're getting a ridiculous amount of money just to step in the ring. I say it'll end up being a sparing match.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Mayweather will be getting approximately $250mil while Macgregor will be getting about $100mil, so I guess it's a win-win regardless of outcome

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

So, I'm a big combat sports guy, and while I'm not counting out Conor with the 'it only takes one' thought process, this fight is a sham for Floyd. He wins, he gets to 50-0, passing Rocky Marciano, he makes a cool quarter billion, and he's barely going to get touched. Dude is only getting hit like 18% of the time in his fights against actual pro level boxers. Marcos Maidana holds the record for hitting Floyd according to Compubox at 26%, to think Conor will do better than him is insane. Plus, I know what RookieBlue said about the fight time, but 3 minute rounds and 5 minutes rounds are different beasts to strategize for. If Floyd makes it through 4 he's got it in the bag. Hopefully a late TKO to close the show, but more likely than not, a boring Mayweather decision. I want to be wrong for all the right reasons because sports are more fun with the big upset, but it's just so hard to see it happening.

But, my local bowling alley is charging $10 cover and it's an event, so maybe I'll partake

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

While I think this whole fight is a sham, I find it hard for anyone to not choose Mayweather here. I mean this is boxing, and while boxing and MMA have some similarities, they are very very different. Mayweather, whether you love him or hate him, is one of the greatest of all time boxers. He is amazingly tactile in the ring and knows how to dodge punches and play percentages. His fights are boring but he has never lost one. I don't see Conor landing more than 10% of his punches and I see Mayweather doing what he always does. Picking his spots, counter punching, and winning easily at the cards.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

Mayweather will be getting approximately $250mil while Macgregor will be getting about $100mil, so I guess it's a win-win regardless of outcome

Wrong, McGregor is already well over a hundred million and Floyd's already well over $300 million on gate, ppv presales and a couple sponsors. Conor might push $200 million and Floyd over $400 million. The gate is already well higher than the Pacquiao fight (it's surpassed $75 million). That's just the live gate and it's not completely sold out yet.

In The Bag

As much as i would love to see this be an all out war.. Connor is used to getting hit with 4 ounce gloves as well as kicked in the head ( might explain why this was a good idea) , Mayweather  not so much. I'm not saying mayweather can't take a punch. i just think McGregor has the upper hand when it comes to getting hit.. and hit hard.. 

I still think Mayweather if it goes beyond 4, but Mcgregor early.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

While I think this whole fight is a sham, I find it hard for anyone to not choose Mayweather here. I mean this is boxing, and while boxing and MMA have some similarities, they are very very different. Mayweather, whether you love him or hate him, is one of the greatest of all time boxers. He is amazingly tactile in the ring and knows how to dodge punches and play percentages. His fights are boring but he has never lost one. I don't see Conor landing more than 10% of his punches and I see Mayweather doing what he always does. Picking his spots, counter punching, and winning easily at the cards.

I think I somewhat agree with that assessment, in that Mayweather strikes me as a little more calculating .. smarter? .. in the ring and may be able to be more patient.

Saw some highlights of a few MacGregor matches and yeah, the guy can hit hard, and yeah, he can move in and out fast and yeah, he sure can take a punch (or two or three or four!) but he doesn't always appear to me to be thinking his way through the rounds. Certainly NOT required in MMA butt in boxing....?

Yeah, gonna be a "really big show"!!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Kinda interested but not enough to do the PPV.

Hope it's worth the hype & $$$.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I think I somewhat agree with that assessment, in that Mayweather strikes me as a little more calculating .. smarter? .. in the ring and may be able to be more patient.

Saw some highlights of a few MacGregor matches and yeah, the guy can hit hard, and yeah, he can move in and out fast and yeah, he sure can take a punch (or two or three or four!) but he doesn't always appear to me to be thinking his way through the rounds. Certainly NOT required in MMA butt in boxing....?

Yeah, gonna be a "really big show"!!!!

Not required to think through the rounds in MMA? There's much more to think through in MMA. It's not one dimensional fighting, it's every dimension. There's more mental warfare in MMA than boxing by a mile. How much MMA have you actually watched? If it's any, you'd realize the gameplanning is much more intense and rigorous in MMA than one dimensional boxing. I love both sports, but MMA has many many more levels.

And 25 minutes of MMA is much more taxing than 36 minutes of boxing. He's not going to get tired

In The Bag

I retract my statement. I should have went with the classic/traditional boxer.

See what happens when I try to go new school?

Connor just looked totally gassed by the end of that thing. Surprising that he lost by attrition really.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

It was a foregone conclusion:.McGregor's very first pure 'boxing' bout against a very skilled and experienced, though aged, boxing champion.  

Very foolish for anyone to believe Conner could go outside of his area of expertise and be successful, but then you can't blame McGregor for allowing himself to be beaten considering the payday it gave him!   As usual, this was all about the money...

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

Archived