Fort Worth Invitational-Merged Threads

Image1527164550.705655.jpg

So today is Day One and just like last year I'm working the leaderboard on hole 4 next to the practice range. I'll get pictures and post as it progresses. If anyone is gonna be here for the tournament gimme a holler!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Good to see you Ethan.

Enjoy the tournament!

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Enjoy -

I'm looking forward to those pictures.

• Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Sorry fellas today was hectic with everything from radio problems to computers down all together for scoring so I wasn't able to get any decent pictures, but tomorrow I'll get some good ones. I can brag a bit about having a little conversation with Rickie Fowler and the chairman of Colonial, both real nice fellas. For now I'll sign off on day one, expect more tomorrow!

• Like 4

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Sorry fellas today was hectic with everything from radio problems to computers down all together for scoring so I wasn't able to get any decent pictures, but tomorrow I'll get some good ones. I can brag a bit about having a little conversation with Rickie Fowler and the chairman of Colonial, both real nice fellas. For now I'll sign off on day one, expect more tomorrow!

Rickie's on my fantasy team. I hope you told him it's time to step it up and get it done at a major! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Hey Ethan, have not heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well. See that your into the volunteer gig. That's terrific! I did it for the Outback for 5 years until it was eliminated. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Hey Ethan, have not heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well. See that your into the volunteer gig. That's terrific! I did it for the Outback for 5 years until it was eliminated. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

yup sorry about the scarcity, I got more time now so I'll be showing up a good bit more now.

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Rickie's on my fantasy team. I hope you told him it's time to step it up and get it done at a major! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

he's striking the ball well so don't count him out!

• Like 2

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Great stuff. Getting excited for our turn to host the tour in a couple weeks.

#FESJC #HushYall

• Like 2
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Nice photos Ethan!

I've been a few times but it's been years now. Out here in W. Texas where I'm located the forecast calls for 105, 106, 103 the next few days. Ouch! I took at look at Ft. Worth were it says 97,98,99. But.... the humidity will be the killer there in FW and will probably feel much more miserable. Hopefully these breezes will stick around for everyone.

Question: I loved the Colonial because it was so old school back when I used to go. Does it still have that same feel? I recall areas under the pecan trees where they'd have BBQ smoking on the pits and cold beer and such. Of course loads of pretty girls rounding out the scenery. Ahhhh... the good ole days.  :)

Can't wait to see your next batch of photos.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them. Keep 'em coming.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Nice photos Ethan!

I've been a few times but it's been years now. Out here in W. Texas where I'm located the forecast calls for 105, 106, 103 the next few days. Ouch! I took at look at Ft. Worth were it says 97,98,99. But.... the humidity will be the killer there in FW and will probably feel much more miserable. Hopefully these breezes will stick around for everyone.

Question: I loved the Colonial because it was so old school back when I used to go. Does it still have that same feel? I recall areas under the pecan trees where they'd have BBQ smoking on the pits and cold beer and such. Of course loads of pretty girls rounding out the scenery. Ahhhh... the good ole days. :)

Can't wait to see your next batch of photos.

definitely has a classic feel to it. I had fresh cooked brisket tacos for lunch and a cold coke (not a Dr Pepper in sight[emoji58]) really easy to get an up close look at the action badge or no badge.

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Looks like you are having a hawt time in that Texas sun!   Great pics!!

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

Well fellas I wasn't able to get any pics today with all the moving day action going on. I did score a few balls and Justin Rose signed my volunteer badge. I'll get some good shots tomorrow to close out the week though so stay tuned!

• Like 2

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

It was fun but it's all over for another year, today was pretty busy on all but the top of the board. Got to see some great golf from Rose, Na and Koepka today and Rickie was decked out in his osu orange.

Image1527475672.658218.jpg

Got to meet some great people, ask me about meeting the colonial chairman and not having a clue until after lol. Hot as could be today at some points but thankfully no serious heat issues that I heard of. All in all it was a great week. Definitely gonna miss the views though...

Image1527475761.802485.jpg

Well this officially concludes my week on the tour. Already gonna count down till next year but I'll do it in the air conditioned house with a bluebell ice cream in my hand.

Image1527475906.527954.jpg

• Like 5

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

That's good stuff man. Gonna do leader board next year or switch up?

I'm biased but all the cool kids do ShotLink

[emoji23]

• Like 1
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Well, I worked this event for the second year in a row after volunteering at the Nelson for years. What a great course and event. Marshaled around the 6th and 7th hole for 5 days and the people that came to watch were for the most part, great well mannered fans. Only heard someone yell on a tee shot a couple of times. not at all on Sunday. Great fun and a great time

• Like 2

Mizuno MP25's With KBS C taper stiff shafts

Ping G Series 10.5 Tour Model

Right Handed

Prosper Texas

8.2 hdcp

Donny we had another thread created by another member who volunteered the event also. He posted some pictures as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's good stuff man. Gonna do leader board next year or switch up?

I'm biased but all the cool kids do ShotLink

[emoji23]

I've got some options but I love where I am so I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing.

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap