Sign in to follow this  
RoverRick

Poll Tiger or Phil? 2018 US Open

Phil or Tiger for 2018 US Open  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Rather see Tiger or Phil win this years US Open?

Sure we all have our favorites or perhaps some of us think that so and so will win based on his play of late, but this is purely sentimental polling this time. Which would your rather win this years US Open. Phil Mickelson giving him the career grand slam, or Tiger Woods sort of completing his comeback?

Please tell your opinion below.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm pulling for both of them, but I picked Phil because the Career Grand Slam will put him in the league where I feel he deserves to be.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Can you not vote in a poll on a mobile device? I don't see it on my iPad.

I have to agree with you Rick.  I want to see both of them do well, but ultimately I would rather see Phil win.  Just because of his history at the US Open.  I think he deserves it!  But it sure is fun to watch Tiger do his thing.... gonna be a good week. 

• Like 1

Would be fantastic to have those two be the final pairing on Sunday to watch them battle it out. And then have Phil win it to complete the career Grand Slam.

Granted that is fantasy land of excellent theater. Tiger probably won't be in contention. I hope Phil can win this damn thing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hadda vote for Phil as I, like many would love to see him cap-off his career with the slam. I feel he's squandered too many chances in the past when he was young and overly aggressive at times. He may still be aggressive, but I think he's wiser now. Best of luck to him and to Tiger too!

• Like 1

Pulling for tiger. First win since coming back and it be the US Open would be beyond awesome. Phil wining the career slam or any event doesn't get me excited for golf and would rather see Rory and Spieth get their career slams

• Like 1

I'll say Tiger, just because it would be HUGE boost for golf in general

I voted for Tiger but I would be equally happy with either. They are two of my all time favorites for very different reasons and it would be amazing to see either win this week.

With that being said, I don't think either will. 

• Like 1

I voted for Tiger but I would be equally happy with either. They are two of my all time favorites for very different reasons and it would be amazing to see either win this week.

With that being said, I don't think either will. 

Yeah, well, I am not betting the rent money on either of them, but I can fanticize about it.

• Like 2

Yeah, well, I am not betting the rent money on either of them, but I can fanticize about it.

Of course! 

Another interesting question... Who ACTUALLY the better week between Tiger and Phil? There is another good one. 

Personally a big Phil fan.  Want them both to make the cut & contend, but would be ecstatic to see Phil get it done!

I'm with the consensus of the group - Phil! Although I'd like to see tiger right behind him because it would put a buzz into the sport.

• Like 1

I'm with the consensus of the group - Phil! Although I'd like to see tiger right behind him because it would put a buzz into the sport.

A Tiger/Phil final group with Phil winning would be spectacular!

• Like 1

I voted Tiger just because it would quiet all the "he is finished" people (hopefully) but Phil completing the grand slam is 1B for sure. I think Phil has good karma after skipping last year for the right reasons.

A Tiger/Phil final group with Phil winning would be spectacular!

People in golf and those that follow (including myself) would absolutely lose their minds!

• Like 2

I've always been a big Phil fan. I really hope he gets it, although deep down, I don't see either one coming close.  I honestly think after Winged Foot, Phil has it in his head now and will never get a US Open.