Our Sponsors

Spies - We're looking for a few good threads!
During your time as a member of the forum what discussions stand out to YOU as the most memorable?
Feel free to describe or link to it here....anything/everything is eligible; informative, funny, controversial, moving.

Let's hear it!

• Like 1

The Distinguished Gentlemen thread is pretty epic.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The 27 word story thread.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Being fairly new this should be interesting. Joining in just to see what comes up.

• Like 1

Maybe the superspeed training testing thread?  That's still going and people like myself jump in and post now too.  It's a got a lot of good stuff in it.

• Like 5

I really like reading posts from “What was your shot of the day.” There are a lot of spies who do a nice job of sharing their conquests. 

• Like 5

I'm biased, but What have you bought lately 🙂

Another vote for distinguished gentlemen.

Any thread from back with T would participate in the forum and drop a HUGE knowledge bomb on some unsuspecting troll.

• Like 7

Here's a great example with T knowledge bombs, and also a fun thread to read...

Operation beat SLDR is the thread and knowledge bombs start around page 5 Here and again Here and keep going HereYup, more Here too.

Actually you all should just read the whole thread, it's pure gold

• Like 7

Any of the tester applications. Great stuff in there. 

How’d you play/shot of the day and what have you bought lately. Those two sum up what we do here. We play golf and buy a lot of s$&t. 

• Like 3

SuperSpeed and a Cobra Connect Challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Operation beat SLDR is the thread and knowledge bombs start around page 5 Here and again Here and keep going HereYup, more Here too.

This is perfect, exactly the type of thread we were hoping this question would generate.   

Now I'm off to read the entire thread.  

Thanks B! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

Ahhh bobcat and his beloved SLDR-C. That dude is so one eyed about it it's hilarious! 🤣

• Like 6

I'm pretty partial to the Cobra Connect Challenge threads.

Also, I really enjoy the thread, or maybe a better term is autobiography of @GolfSpy MPR working to lower his handciap: 
MPR: The Single Digit Project: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/29673-mpr-the-single-digit-project/

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

SuperSpeed and a Cobra Connect Challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

SuperSpeed is in a class by itself.  It's like the Energizer bunny...

• Like 7

On 2/13/2020 at 11:00 AM, palvord said:

I'm pretty partial to the Cobra Connect Challenge threads.

Also, I really enjoy the thread, or maybe a better term is autobiography of @GolfSpy MPR working to lower his handciap: 
MPR: The Single Digit Project: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/29673-mpr-the-single-digit-project/

MPR is a living legend with all of his DIY threads, his single digit charge, and the time he gets to spend with Kirke.

Cobra Connects are just a blast to be a part of and have been awesome.  If you look deep enough, the original introduction threads are classics.  If I recall correctly,  @GolfSpy MBP set a new standard.  @PMookie just left a nice reminder in his Valentine's Day message, the jokes thread is a must read.  While I am certainly biased, I am a fan of the Hard Rock Challenge.  @PING Apologist #9 had his calling card with the safety equipment.  There are some pretty great stories of guys trading in their ProVs for Callaway HX Hots, Top Flites, Pinnacles for a round or two of misery.  

• Like 8

The ones mentioned here have all been great reads, including a couple of older posts I've never seen: Beat SLDR and The Distinguished Gentleman. I love Cobra Connect, Hard Rock, MPR, A Thread about Kirke, SuperSpeed, and the forum applications.

A couple not mentioned so far are the Take the Wilson D7 Challenge thread and the MGS Ball Test.

I loved going through the fitting process of the D7 thread with the testers. I thought it was a unique testing application thread and the participants all did an amazing job sharing the process with us.

The MGS ball report, in itself, shook the golf world and even changed the ball that changed the ball. Does that equate to them actually being right about being the ball that changed the ball? Some of the responses were great! It was fun listening to reasons why bad performing balls, in the test, are better than the better ones in the tests. Why did you do this? Why not do that? As someone who doesn't have an fraction of the golf IQ as most of the members here, I thought it was a load of knowledge to soak in about the one piece of equipment I had never given much thought to.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

18 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

MPR is a living legend with all of his DIY threads, his single digit charge, and the time he gets to spend with Kirke.

Cobra Connects are just a blast to be a part of and have been awesome.  If you look deep enough, the original introduction threads are classics.  If I recall correctly,  @GolfSpy MBP set a new standard.  @PMookie just left a nice reminder in his Valentine's Day message, the jokes thread is a must read.  While I am certainly biased, I am a fan of the Hard Rock Challenge.  @PING Apologist #9 had his calling card with the safety equipment.  There are some pretty great stories of guys trading in their ProVs for Callaway HX Hots, Top Flites, Pinnacles for a round or two of misery.  

You are spot on about the GolfspyMBP intro....epic!! 

• Like 3

I know I shouldn't like this, and we've done a good job discouraging this kind of thing now, but...

The epic "Enter to win a 2018 Odyssey O-Works Putter" thread provided me far more enjoyment than it should have.

• Like 5

I know I shouldn't like this, and we've done a good job discouraging this kind of thing now, but...
The epic "Enter to win a 2018 Odyssey O-Works Putter" thread provided me far more enjoyment than it should have.

I’d like to enter. 34.5” 2 ball with super stroke 1.0 grip. Thank you.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5