Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

Rev I just went back and saw your video! With a little polish and practice, I think you might be able to start a channel Rev's Reviews.. I'd subscribe! nice work sir! 

You’re too kind - remember that I do two you tube videos a week for church. Laura and I make a good team - we could be the new Frank and Valerie! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Great work spys, well written and thought out reviews. What would you all say is the one thing that makes this shaft better than your previous shafts?

For me, the swing happens so quickly that I rarely "feel" much difference in shafts that are within a similar profile. For me, I judge mostly on ball flight. When I am putting a decent swing on the ball, the trajectory is a perfect mid-high trajectory and the spin is sufficiently high (i tend to suffer from too low spin). I also can take an easier swing, a normal swing, and also really go after it, and each has predictable results unless I put a horrible swing out there.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Great work spys, well written and thought out reviews. What would you all say is the one thing that makes this shaft better than your previous shafts?

I think that the feel definitely sets it apart from any other shaft I've ever hit.  Also, the ability to say, "I'm going to aim right between the V in those trees," and then watch the ball fly exactly where I wanted it, is a huge upgrade for me.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

The release is more smooth rather than an abrupt kick at the very end. Probably something to do with the slightly softer handle (relative to the rest of the shaft). Some shafts really require a good amount of lag to load up and get good release. The MotoreX doesn't feel like it it requires you to throw your hands way out in front. It swings with you. if that makes any sense. 

I think what I found most interesting is that I found a more natural feeling swing throughout this process. I realized that I was manipulating the club quite a bit to account for more torsional twist, which ultimately resulted in inconsistent dispersion. It's hard to realize that until you start playing a shaft like this. I think that some of us had to go through a period of swing correction at the beginning as we all probably had pre-programmed over compensations of sorts. 

Hopefully the others can either confirm or deny my claims just to get some comparisons.. 😜

@Nunfa0I'm absolutely on board with Stu here.  I wanted anti-left and I got it.  I needed to make some adjustments both in my swing and the driver set up.   The weird part for me is that I've always been an "in to out" swing guy and I used to hit up about 4 or 5 degrees.  Whether consciously or unconsciously, my path became more neutral and so did my attack angle.  I don't know if I can credit the shaft with that, but maybe getting a shaft that had these characteristics made me realize that I'd been doing things wrong for a long time.

26 minutes ago, Rtracymog said:

@Nunfa0I'm absolutely on board with Stu here.  I wanted anti-left and I got it.  I needed to make some adjustments both in my swing and the driver set up.   The weird part for me is that I've always been an "in to out" swing guy and I used to hit up about 4 or 5 degrees.  Whether consciously or unconsciously, my path became more neutral and so did my attack angle.  I don't know if I can credit the shaft with that, but maybe getting a shaft that had these characteristics made me realize that I'd been doing things wrong for a long time.

I guess the big question is: Is everybody doing it wrong? 😋 We all seemed to be making those same compensations for the equipment defaults. Finally, we get a shaft that has those defaults corrected and we now have to learn how to correctly swing a club again. I'm with you, I have always been a big in to out guy which seems to require a bit more effort and body movement. Being able to neutralize both my back swing and follow through, almost seems a bit more effortless and with better results. 

Some feedback from @Fujikura Golf on this matter would definitely help solidify some of our conclusions. 

(Bat Signal has been sent) 🤣

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

14 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

You can make that a clean sweep! 5/5

Hey man I'm not sure how I missed your review post. I thought it was still pending. My apologies. Awesome job! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

Hey man I'm not sure how I missed your review post. I thought it was still pending. My apologies. Awesome job! 

Thanks! You had posted the 4/4 before I uploaded mine! Great job as well!

1 hour ago, Rtracymog said:

45 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I guess the big question is: Is everybody doing it wrong? 😋 We all seemed to be making those same compensations for the equipment defaults. Finally, we get a shaft that has those defaults corrected and we now have to learn how to correctly swing a club again. I'm with you, I have always been a big in to out guy which seems to require a bit more effort and body movement. Being able to neutralize both my back swing and follow through, almost seems a bit more effortless and with better results. 

I'm going to throw out a guess and see if it makes sense to anyone 😂  Throughout this review I definitely changed my settings during this test.  I had one fully LM session for it, but I never changed my swing.  Even though I didn't change my swing, my AoA did slightly change.  I venture to guess that a lot of the changes have to do with the makeup of each shaft. 

If you watch a lot of fitters, they might see that you're launching the ball way too high and have a AoA of 7up (extreme just for reference).  They might try and correct that by giving you a stiff tip section shaft so it doesn't whip as much.  That way when you release it, it might take your AoA down to 4up now, but now your spin might be just a hair low.  Then they might take the CG of the club and force it a bit back to raise it.  They could also loft up a bit.  It's almost like we had to go a mini fitting when we threw in the Motore X since our current setup was optimized for our old shafts.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Some feedback from @Fujikura Golf on this matter would definitely help solidify some of our conclusions. 

I haven't made any conscious swing changes with driver since the start of this test, but I did fix a fundamental flaw in my grip. I was holding the grip in a way that caused my left palm to come off the grip and when I regripped on the downswing, it would cause the left wrist to cup more, causing the face to be open on the downswing. 

My hypothesis is that during my Trackman session, the Evenflow Max Carry had better results because it was a lighter, softer tip shaft, so the face would close a bit faster to square it up. With the Motore, the face remained a bit more open so I either had to have more hand action to square it up or I would flip at the end causing big snap hooks.

Once I fixed that fundamental grip flaw, it was bombs away with the Motore X F3.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

On 5/31/2020 at 12:15 PM, dlow206 said:

The Motore X has firmly made its place in my bag!

Today, I cleaned up a fundamental issue with my setup (gripping the club too lightly and left hand coming off at the top of the swing and then regripping the club and hitting snap hooks). After that, my SIM Max with Motore X F3 was money. I was hitting drives 240 to 250 carry down the middle, which may not be far for others, but for me that is in the outer limits of how far I have ever carried the ball. 

I was able to carry a bunker that was 250 yards out, but unfortunately got 0 roll. It was wet and the ball plugged and buried itself in the fairway where it landed. I have never even gotten close to carrying that bunker even from the white tees and I carried it today from the blue!

Love to hear this! We know most of you guys love to tinker and try new equipment, so when our shafts wni out that is major validation for us!

On 6/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, azstu324 said:

Stellar job to everyone so far! Looks like a huge victory for Fujikura with a 4/4 success rate from a really diverse spectrum of testers! 

Agreed, thanks everyone for being so engaged on Motore X and sharing your feedback/questions. Apologies for being somewhat MIA. We're going to cruise back through the thread and try to address any questions you have had.

1 hour ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Love to hear this! We know most of you guys love to tinker and try new equipment, so when our shafts wni out that is major validation for us!

Agreed, thanks everyone for being so engaged on Motore X and sharing your feedback/questions. Apologies for being somewhat MIA. We're going to cruise back through the thread and try to address any questions you have had.

@Fujikura Golf - With the Motore X now having been out on the market for some time, what has been the feedback compared to the Ventus line? I get the theoretical differences, but wondering what the real world feedback has been.

Updated 07/15/2022

I'm going to throw out a guess and see if it makes sense to anyone   Throughout this review I definitely changed my settings during this test.  I had one fully LM session for it, but I never changed my swing.  Even though I didn't change my swing, my AoA did slightly change.  I venture to guess that a lot of the changes have to do with the makeup of each shaft. 
If you watch a lot of fitters, they might see that you're launching the ball way too high and have a AoA of 7up (extreme just for reference).  They might try and correct that by giving you a stiff tip section shaft so it doesn't whip as much.  That way when you release it, it might take your AoA down to 4up now, but now your spin might be just a hair low.  Then they might take the CG of the club and force it a bit back to raise it.  They could also loft up a bit.  It's almost like we had to go a mini fitting when we threw in the Motore X since our current setup was optimized for our old shafts.

I’m intrigued by the duel profile of this shaft. I think that has a lot to do with it. I did have to loft down a bit to get my best results.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 6/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, azstu324 said:

Bat signal received!

There are a significant amount of factors with the shaft and club that can affect path and face. Such as length, swingweight, EI profile (stiffness in different areas), etc. Sometimes a player feels they need to work harder with different shafts. As an example, ehen products become too stiff certain players will increase their attack angle, swing from the inside, and turn the hands over quickly. Not for all players, but we see it.  It sounds Motore X times well for your swing and the body isn’t working hard to get the ball going on the intended path. Some shafts just click! and that is why we make a huge variety of profiles and encourage custom fitting.

We're excited to hear Motore X is working so well for you guys and appreciate all of the reviews and feedback! Let us know of any more questions

On 6/5/2020 at 10:38 AM, dlow206 said:

@Fujikura Golf - With the Motore X now having been out on the market for some time, what has been the feedback compared to the Ventus line? I get the theoretical differences, but wondering what the real world feedback has been.

Ventus is our flagship product, coming in at $75 more MSRP than Motore X due mostly to VeloCore with more premium materials like full length Pitch 70ton. So in fittings Ventus generally will yield tighter dispersion, better center face contact than Motore X. However, we've seen that Motore X can yield faster ball speeds (compared to say Ventus or PRO 2.0) and still retain great dispersion. Does that help answer what you were looking for? if not let us know!

13 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Ventus is our flagship product, coming in at $75 more MSRP than Motore X due mostly to VeloCore with more premium materials like full length Pitch 70ton. So in fittings Ventus generally will yield tighter dispersion, better center face contact than Motore X. However, we've seen that Motore X can yield faster ball speeds (compared to say Ventus or PRO 2.0) and still retain great dispersion. Does that help answer what you were looking for? if not let us know!

Thanks, I knew that based on the differences, Ventus should yield tighter dispersion, but wasn't sure if there was any hard data available compared to Motore X.

Updated 07/15/2022

By the way you guys have blown us away with your reviews and the ongoing conversation about Motore X! Thank you so much and let's keep it rolling!

For those of you guys who were not testers, but are interested to try the product - what would get you to do so? Promo at your local clubfitter (i.e. test a motore x and get discount), an online trial program (you get shipped a demo to plug and play into your driver head), etc? Would love to hear your thoughts!

4 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

By the way you guys have blown us away with your reviews and the ongoing conversation about Motore X! Thank you so much and let's keep it rolling!

For those of you guys who were not testers, but are interested to try the product - what would get you to do so? Promo at your local clubfitter (i.e. test a motore x and get discount), an online trial program (you get shipped a demo to plug and play into your driver head), etc? Would love to hear your thoughts!

There are companies that offer a trial period where you can demo a club or shaft and then return it all costs included.  I send you $30 or $40 and get to play it for a week or two then return it to you.

The sales environment is not always conducive or nurturing for all players.  The option to try on your own and compare side by side with a try before you buy program could be a winner.  You could incentivize that purchase by saying the demo cost could qualify towards the purchase of a new shaft.  

I’d sign up today if that were an option. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I rental would be great. Say $10-15 for a week. Would allow me to get out there any see it perform on the course.

Of course a discount with a local fitter would be awesome too.

Is the motore X in any fit carts for OEMs? Or do I need to go to something like club champion or true spec to test? Any of the big box stores have it to demo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

33 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

I was one of the testers, but i have always wanted to see how the Ventus compares with the Motore X for me on course. Trial program would be awesome.

Updated 07/15/2022

53 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

An online shaft demo program would kill, especially in markets where there aren't nearby fitters of any decent quality. With that said, make sure you include Hawaii in the program. It doesn't cost much more than $14 to send a shaft USPS -- trust me, I KNOW.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

An online shaft demo program would kill, especially in markets where there aren't nearby fitters of any decent quality. With that said, make sure you include Hawaii in the program. It doesn't cost much more than $14 to send a shaft USPS -- trust me, I KNOW.

I do feel bad for over there when it comes to fitting and testing... but at the same time I don’t feel bad for you since you live in paradise. Haha

Is it mostly just small local shops around you? Or a big box store or two?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I do feel bad for over there when it comes to fitting and testing... but at the same time I don’t feel bad for you since you live in paradise. Haha

Is it mostly just small local shops around you? Or a big box store or two?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple of Roger Dunn shops. One boutique fitter with an inconsistent fitting staff, and a Golftec. I had been trying to use what very little clout I have to get a Truespec here, but for some reason they (a client of ours) built exactly what I had imagined, and turned it into a "Honma experience" Then covid hit and...yeah. I can't imagine they have fit very many folks.

Even though I was a tester, I'd love it if there was a way to give the F3 a try in my 3 wood!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

First of all thank you for your kind words. The MGS forum community takes its testing responsibility seriously. Offering trials for products seems to be a trend. I know that there was a very progressive shop in Sheboygan Wisconsin that would allow me to try equipment on course for a small fee and i tried to do my equipment purchases through them for that reason.

I was the one who mentioned that price might be a variable in my review. The gap between your shaft in my driver and the shaft I was fit for - in the OEM catalogues - performance was stunning. The reality is that if I were to add the Motore X at the $275 up charge into my current driver - I’d skip an upgrade two years later, save money and increase performance.

If you can package it that way and charge a small fee to test - it would be a home run IMO!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Couple of Roger Dunn shops. One boutique fitter with an inconsistent fitting staff, and a Golftec. I had been trying to use what very little clout I have to get a Truespec here, but for some reason they (a client of ours) built exactly what I had imagined, and turned it into a "Honma experience" Then covid hit and...yeah. I can't imagine they have fit very many folks.

That’s too bad.  You would think on the surface of it that quality golf fitters would want to be there.  But I guess as its seen as a destination they think people just want to play over there vs having top notch fitting available.  

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

That’s too bad.  You would think on the surface of it that quality golf fitters would want to be there.  But I guess as its seen as a destination they think people just want to play over there vs having top notch fitting available.  

High cost of living, small population of people who are mostly weekend warrior types -- I understand why it might not exist for the local community.

However, I've seen that Truespec has locations in places like Pronghorn and wonder how it can survive there, and not here? That was my pitch to the resort anyways, they kinda listened I guess?

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

High cost of living, small population of people who are mostly weekend warrior types -- I understand why it might not exist for the local community.

However, I've seen that Truespec has locations in places like Pronghorn and wonder how it can survive there, and not here? That was my pitch to the resort anyways, they kinda listened I guess?

Hopefully the Honma place turns into a full suite!   

Also, congrats on post #3000! 😱

Looks like everyone has covered what I’d recommend.

So, while I have you... I paid the extra cash for the Ventus Black in my Honma TR20. Where can I BUY a Fujikura hat? I collect hats, and would love to sport a Fuji hat while I game the Ventus.
How can I accomplish this goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

4 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

I live in a fitting desert, unless I drive a few hours into LA. I was lucky enough to hit a few different drivers with a Ventus Black and a Ventus Blue and loved them, but the price point was too high for me without getting properly fit.  A demo program would be sweet, if you could figure out the logistics of all the adapters you would need to support major OEM drivers of the last say 5 years. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

9 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

I would love an online trial program. I have one small golf shop in my town of 100k people. They have no custom fitting options, just the fitting carts they receive. I’m left to constantly buy and resell equipment to try to build my bag. I’d pay a small fee to try out shafts. Not $40 for a week as someone above said, but $10 or $15.