Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

No Putts Given

14 minutes ago, Gsi10561 said:

When is the next podcast?

Probably after the stay at home orders end in Virginia

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, cnosil said:

Probably after the stay at home orders end in Virginia

Golf is still open in a lot of the state. 

Driver: :wilson-small: Profile SGI 10.5*

Hybrid (4H): :tour-edge: Hot Launch 4 22*

Hybrid (5H): :wilson-small: Profile SGI

Irons (6-PW, SW): :wilson-small: Profile SGI

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot XG #1

41 minutes ago, joshuac3 said:

Golf is still open in a lot of the state. 

Yes,  but MGS wasn't doing no putts given until today.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

How are you going to release the 2020 driver test and on your first podcast back not talk about it? 15 min on shafts? Cmon guys. Ping was your winner and you posted results that you needed a math degree to understand. Fun Fact: we want to know how drivers from years past compare to the newest offerings. 

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

30 minutes ago, Gsi10561 said:

Fun Fact: we want to know how drivers from years past compare to the newest offerings. 

You do know that is one of the tests they will be doing this year.  

They already did the test. They just need to post the data so you can do a side by side comparison. No need to retest anything. 

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

30 minutes ago, Gsi10561 said:

They already did the test. They just need to post the data so you can do a side by side comparison. No need to retest anything. 

If you thing they are done,  just go look at the numbers for the past 5 years.    They have not done the test if you want actual comparative data; over the past five years protocols, evaluation methodologies and the testers have all changed. 

Just an FYI, cnosil is a tester at the facility and is a source that knows what’s going-on... If he says something relative to MGS, testing, the facility, etc, it’s best not to doubt his word. Just an FYI.......

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just an FYI, cnosil is a tester at the facility and is a source that knows what’s going-on... If he says something relative to MGS, testing, the facility, etc, it’s best not to doubt his word. Just an FYI.......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 weeks later...

MGS has 2 things that move the needle.
#1 the driver test. (No brainer we all are looking for the one unicorn driver that cracks the code)
#2 golf ball test. (Hit the lottery with this one...find it cut it...who knew how big this would be)

The beauty in the driver test was it’s simplicity. Testers with varying handicaps hit multiple drivers. The data was posted and we got to read it. As a reader I knew that I wasn’t getting an exact duplication of the results I would get, but I’m a smart enough person to read between the lines. It was straight forward human testing with flaws included. The data will always change because there is a human element. That fact still wouldn’t keep me from wanting to see what numbers were achieved year in and year out. 

MGS changed the data to relate to the individual who was testing and then posted a composite of averaged gains and losses of all testers. But they left out a big chunk of relevant data. How LONG was the gain and how MUCH was the loss. Then to top it off they have a podcast and they don’t discuss the results. If this was the biggest and most extensive test why would you change how you present the results and then not talk about it or at least write an article. 

I would love to hear or read about this from someone who is employed and/or actually participated in the collection and presentation of the data. 

I think it’s fantastic that there are testers (3 of 35 from 2018) who posted on this thread alone. Your information from when you participated is great insight. But that fact alone doesn’t make biblical truth on 2020 test. Bottom line is unless you are an employee at MGS you have no idea what is going on. I seriously doubt there is an email chain of the past 300+ testers that are let in on everything that is happening. Hey maybe I’m wrong maybe you guys are all clued in. That would be a true perk of being a tester. 

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

MGS has 2 things that move the needle.
#1 the driver test. (No brainer we all are looking for the one unicorn driver that cracks the code)
#2 golf ball test. (Hit the lottery with this one...find it cut it...who knew how big this would be)

The beauty in the driver test was it’s simplicity. Testers with varying handicaps hit multiple drivers. The data was posted and we got to read it. As a reader I knew that I wasn’t getting an exact duplication of the results I would get, but I’m a smart enough person to read between the lines. It was straight forward human testing with flaws included. The data will always change because there is a human element. That fact still wouldn’t keep me from wanting to see what numbers were achieved year in and year out. 
MGS changed the data to relate to the individual who was testing and then posted a composite of averaged gains and losses of all testers. But they left out a big chunk of relevant data. How LONG was the gain and how MUCH was the loss. Then to top it off they have a podcast and they don’t discuss the results. If this was the biggest and most extensive test why would you change how you present the results and then not talk about it or at least write an article. 

I would love to hear or read about this from someone who is employed and/or actually participated in the collection and presentation of the data. 

I think it’s fantastic that there are testers (3 of 35 from 2018) who posted on this thread alone. Your information from when you participated is great insight. But that fact alone doesn’t make biblical truth on 2020 test. Bottom line is unless you are an employee at MGS you have no idea what is going on. I seriously doubt there is an email chain of the past 300+ testers that are let in on everything that is happening. Hey maybe I’m wrong maybe you guys are all clued in. That would be a true perk of being a tester. 

Not sure I understand what you are asking the guys at MGS to answer. From what I remember They did talk about the driver results on NPG; they probably just don’t go to the level of detail you are seeking. I don’t ever remember the results being tailored to the individual only they do overall and swing speed breakdown. What loss and gains are you trying to understand? As for the testing protocols and metric information, that is included in the article published about the tests

As far as I know I am the only most wanted tester on the forum (at least that posts regularly) and have been involved in most wanted testing since 2017. You are correct, I don’t know the inner workings on how the data is complied or their formulas. I understand the process and why they are trying to accomplish. As for an employee that knows about the process, they seldom post on the forum and I am not sure how much they actually read. If you have specific questions for the headquarters staff your best bet would be to reach out directly... but I can’t tell you if they will respond or not.