Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

59 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

AT&T!  WTF!

Some areas say AT&T is back in service there, but definitely not in this part of NC as of 12:38 ET

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Morning all, still working from home this week (surprisingly getting alot done which is good). Article is up on the main site on golf beverages (mostly hydrating) so go give the forum some love!

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/try-these-staff-favorite-drinks-on-the-golf-course/

Great article Mark! Hydration on the golf course is very important. I started using LMNT, cause of cramping after the round, in this Florida heat.  Water wasn't enough.  Ever since using LMNT, I've not had muscle cramps! Will try the others you listed in the article! 👍👍

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

1 hour ago, Wheelieb said:

You made me have to look up a word. I'm ok with this.

Saturday Night Live! Circa 1989?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

10 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Saturday Night Live! Circa 1989?

I was 4 in 89. Forgive me, I’m a little young….hahaha

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

4 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Charlie Woods going for the Monday pre-qual (note: did not know they had a pre qual for a qualifier.. wow) - could be fun but kid is going to find out real quick that his last name will only get him so far.

...and hopefully he can put to rest the idea he's even close enough to compete with the big boys.

image.png.5e9f80722d77eeb7150ee52c67c3420e.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Good afternoon, Spies! My golf experience today was not as humbling as Charlie Woods', but it was humbling nonetheless. Drove to Raleigh and instead of going straight to the hotel, went to the NCSU course to hit some balls and work on what my instructor gave me Monday night. Got to the range and discovered I was surrounded by college golfers who were pounding hell out of the ball (there was a draw sheet in the pro shop with tee times for a college tournament tomorrow, but the NCSU website says nothing about a tournament, so I'm a bit confused). Anyway, there was a scrawny kid next to me on the range who was pounding out towering baby fade 7-irons that were going 185. Over and over and over. And I'm barely hitting driver 185. In the middle of my bucket, they set out a sign "Area Reserved for Special Event," which I took to mean get out of the way so the college kids can practice. So I finished my bucket and left.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Got to the range and discovered I was surrounded by college golfers who were pounding hell out of the ball (there was a draw sheet in the pro shop with tee times for a tournament tomorrow, but the NCSU website says nothing about a tournament, so I'm a bit confused. 

Wolfpack invitational; starts on the 24th.   Surprised it isn't on the NCSU schedule but it is on the Campbell University schedule.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Wolfpack invitational; starts on the 24th.   Surprised it isn't on the NCSU schedule but it is on the Campbell University schedule.

Yeah I found it on the Auburn schedule; I did notice Auburn was one of the schools on the draw sheet. It's apparently an individual tournament, no team title given. Maybe that's why they left it off the team schedule. The guy who was pounding out those 7-irons had a Duke towel on his bag and a Duke logo on his shoes but I don't see him on the Duke roster; maybe he's a walk-on or something.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

10 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Yeah I found it on the Auburn schedule; I did notice Auburn was one of the schools on the draw sheet. It's apparently an individual tournament, no team title given. Maybe that's why they left it off the team schedule. The guy who was pounding out those 7-irons had a Duke towel on his bag and a Duke logo on his shoes but I don't see him on the Duke roster; maybe he's a walk-on or something.

Secret new transfer in?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Secret new transfer in?

Dookies just finished a tournament in California yesterday; that would be awful quick to get back and be out there on the range at 3 pm. And all the names who played in Cali I recognize from the roster. The guy on the range today is African-American, which does not describe anyone on the official website roster, so I'm pretty sure I'm not misidentifying somebody on the team. He had his cellphone set up shooting video and would stop after 2-3 balls to go review his swing, then go back to launching high fades 185.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

6 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

AT&T back up in south Boston!

We have ATT and no issues for us here in AZ.  Must have been an east coast problem... excessive texting, i-surfing, and jabbering would be my guess 😉.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

6 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

...and hopefully he can put to rest the idea he's even close enough to compete with the big boys.

image.png.5e9f80722d77eeb7150ee52c67c3420e.png

Needs to be wearing Sun Day Red... everyday he plays tour events.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)