The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

38 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

I am a firm believer in playing to your ability not your ego.....

I hate playing behind a foursome of young guys who CAN hit the ball a ton, but who regularly don't. They tee off from the tips and most of the round their tee shots don't even make it to the fairway.  A couple of weeks ago I played a course out in Gold Canyon with a friend who lives out that way and we got stuck behind 4 such young men.  The second hole is an easy par three and my group was on and off very quickly. I had my partner drive us up to the next tee box where the first guy had slapped sliced his first ball into the houses on the right. There were four really pissed guys on that tee box. The tips on this course are WAAAAAYYYYY back. I climbed out of the cart and asked, "Are you guys having fun?"

"F*** no", one responded. The other three just glared at me.

"Its clear you guys set this up as a day of fun. It is also pretty clear you all have full time lives that do not include much golf." I was being a diplomatic as possible. "Why not move up to the white tee boxes. That last shot would have been not just in bounds but on the edge of the fairway from the white tees. "  Now they were getting pissed at me. I held up my hand, "And you guys will have fun out here. Okay I will shut up and leave"  As I climbed back in my cart the four were talking.

I was astonished when they hopped in their carts and pulled up to the white tees. At the end of the round they were sitting at the 19th hole having a beer. One of them came over and thanked us for suggesting moving up to the white tees. They all scored okay from there and had a really good time golfing. 

Good morning spies. Another day short game practice, and maybe a bike ride as the days count down to my date with the surgeon. 

I blame Geico for this trend.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

16 minutes ago, SirPrised said:

This had me doing research on the next opportunities to see an eclipse. When this one was coming up, we figured it probably wasn't worth traveling to with our four-year-old as she won't remember it (among other excuses), but now I'm really inspired to make a big trip down to Sydney for the one in 2028, she'll be 8 and I think that's the perfect age for that sort of core memory. I remember a lot from that age myself and we didn't do anything nearly that cool. 

That's awesome! I agree that 8 would be a very good age. My oldest is 6 and she will remember it for sure, especially since I took a lot of photos of her and the family doing experiments, having the glasses on and hyping up the whole thing. 

We, unfortunately do not have one again in the U.S.A. until 2044. 

My only regret from this eclipse is that I did not hit a golf shot during the totality! 😆 I brought my 58* and a few golf balls to hit around the yard and when the time came I totally forgot.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

46 minutes ago, jbern said:

We, unfortunately do not have one again in the U.S.A. until 2044. 

Yeah, that's part of what pushed me to think about other destinations for travel. There's also one in August 2026 that would be cool, but it's only parts of Greenland, Iceland, and Spain. 

TEE C722 9.5° Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 X

TEE C722 3 wood Tensei AV RAW Blue 75 X

3h Adams A4 Boxer hybrid

4-P PXG 0311T Gen 1

GW 52° PXG 0311

SW 56° PXG 0311

LW 60° PXG 0311

Putter Rife Abaco 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I'm at the office, and my car is at the garage. I had an appointment for an oil change tomorrow anyways so it's there a day early 😄  Looks like it may be the alternator, I'm in the office and I have a loaner if they can't get to it today. Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Much appreciated. 

That happened to me while ago on a commute and was not going to make it home. Thankfully a co-worker pulled some strings at a local garage and got it replaced same day so I could get home. Hope its and easy fix.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

40 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

It was bone dry - not a single drop of oil in there

I had that happen about 30 years ago. Got my oil changed at what must have been an Iffy Lube and the filter fell off completely on the way home from work at midnight. I found out then what a new/used engine costs, even one that consisted of two French hamsters running in a cage (the car was a Renault that I referred to as the POS).

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I had that happen about 30 years ago. Got my oil changed at what must have been an Iffy Lube and the filter fell off completely on the way home from work at midnight. I found out then what a new/used engine costs, even one that consisted of two French hamsters running in a cage (the car was a Renault that I referred to as the POS).

Just a FYI - typically an imported vehicle engine or other major powertrain components typically are more expensive than the American vehicles, due to both quantity originally produced and how many actually may be here in the USA.

Although since the pandemic, nothing seems to be close to what the price it was before that event.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

44 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Yeah apparently this is a known issue. A coworker got rid of his as soon as this started. 

https://jalopnik.com/hyundai-owners-file-class-action-over-excessive-engine-1848797045

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game