Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tour Exotics Drivers and Fairway Woods

Duxman130

Who else uses Tour Exotics drivers and fairway woods? What are your impressions?

I use Tour Exotics ESX 220 Driver and 3-Fairway Woods with Ventus shafts. Great results, great pricing.

The new Tour Exotics drivers have gone up in price, matching the big club manufacturers. Are they still a good value?

image.png.94f13df8145a5d3d3e8432352619fb85.png

34 minutes ago, Duxman130 said:

Who else uses Tour Exotics drivers and fairway woods? What are your impressions?

I use Tour Exotics ESX 220 Driver and 3-Fairway Woods with Ventus shafts. Great results, great pricing.

The new Tour Exotics drivers have gone up in price, matching the big club manufacturers. Are they still a good value?

I think the fairway wood line has always been one of the best in the business.   I Have never gotten the greatest performance from their drivers and not the best looking to my eye.   I haven’t looked, but if they are in the same $500/$600 range of the major OEMs then I would say the drivers arent worth it.  But for other players it may be the perfect driver and perform better than all the other OEMs and be totally worth the price.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think the fairway wood line has always been one of the best in the business.   I Have never gotten the greatest performance from their drivers and not the best looking to my eye.   I haven’t looked, but if they are in the same $500/$600 range of the major OEMs then I would say the drivers arent worth it.  But for other players it may be the perfect driver and perform better than all the other OEMs and be totally worth the price.  

They're coming in between $400-$500, which honestly with their tech and options I personally don't think is all that bad when compared to other OEMs right now. That's still $150-$200 less than a Callaway Paradym for instance. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I agree with @cnosil's take (who incidentally gets to hit everything under the sun as a Most Wanted tester).  I had the TE CBX 119 hybrid and 3 wood for a while...retired the hybrid first and only recently retired the 3 wood.  Fairways and hybrids are where they really seem to shine and do really well from a turf interaction standpoint.  But, the drivers always seem to be short and spinny and I've yet to hear of a model from them that breaks that stereotype.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I have an EXS 220. It’s been a great driver for me. In the 2 years I’ve had I’ve increased my fairways hit by a lot. I would not hesitate to buy another Tour Edge driver.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 6:09 AM, Duxman130 said:

C721 Driver with a Hzrdus Black shaft playing at 44.5" is the best driver I've ever had.  C721 3 wood with Black RDX shaft is fantastic so far (I mostly use it for a tee club). 

Until a few months ago I never even considered a Tour Edge product, now the top part of my bag is all TEE.  They have the best return policy in the business imo.  Return within 30 days for money back.  Not a credit but money back and they pay the shipping back.  The only requirement is that the club has seen normal play.

Tour Edge Exotics

Cleveland

Odyssey

Been testing a Tour Edge Exotics C723 8.0 driver this week with a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Xlink 65g Stiff shaft and after 5 rounds it has benched my Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 set at -1 with a Graphite Design Tour AD VR 6 S shaft.  

I had about 150 rounds in with the Cobra.  Not taking anything away from the Cobra LTDx as it has been very good for me and it kicked the Ping G410 LST driver out of my bag last year.  So far for me the Tour Edge C723 is as long as the Cobra LTDx LS and as forgiving as the Ping G410 LST.

Even more impressive when you consider that I was fitted for both the Ping and the Cobra then had to tinker with each going through about 6 or 7 shafts apiece to tame them and I ordered the Tour Edge C723 blind and am using one of their stock shaft offerings. 

Getting about the same numbers as the Cobra, but finding it easier to play on the course with the Tour Edge C723.  My misses are better.  In 90 holes of golf I have not had a single penalty off the tee.

The C723 driver looks good, feel is slightly softer off the face than the Cobra LTDx, and performs well.  The sound is not as muted as the Cobra’s thwacky thud. To be clear: the C723 is not loud.  It just has a bit more of a metallic ting to it despite all of the carbon fiber composite panels in the head of the Tour Edge.

The glossy crown initially was distracting to me after playing matte finish drivers for almost ten years.  I’ve gotten used to it though pretty quickly.

The Ridgeback spine and the Diamond shaped logo on the face make the club much easier to align than the Cobra LTDx.  I feel that Cobra’s alignment aid always appeared from above to be closer to the heel which for me might have led to more of a toe side miss. The Ping was also easy to align with the turbulators on top and I know not everyone likes the look but it never bothered me.

The face of the C723 driver is deeper than the Cobra’s so I am finding that I have to tee up the ball a bit higher than I was doing before.  When you hit it a bit higher on the face you can get some real low spin bombs.

I am finding this driver to be very easy to hit in the center of the face.  Generally I’m a fairly straight driver of the ball.  So far here is what I’ve seen regarding forgiveness if you hit it around the face a bit.  Strikes a bit heel side are very forgiving and come back to the middle.  Toe side misses have not hooked for me, more of a slight push to the right.  Strikes low on the face cause the spin to come up a bit and produce great fairway finder shots.  If I am on a tight driving hole I’ve found that teeing this driver a little lower than normal is just the ticket.

Played around with the substantial adjustability of the C723 initially and swapped weights around but have found my best performance with everything exactly as how it came from the factory.

What don’t I like?  

The rear weight channel picks up some grass if you brush the ground.  The way that the rear weight and slider work makes swapping the weights from front to back a bit of a chore.  Adjusting the rear weight in the channel to the draw or fade setting is also a bit finicky.  

Not a deal breaker probably for most people because now that I got the driver dialed in I doubt I’ll adjust the weights or hosel settings again. But if you are one of those folks that like to adjust in the middle of a casual round or for different courses take note, allow for an extra few minutes.

The face does not show where the ball contact mark is very well compared to the milled face of the Cobra LTDx.  Impact tape or foot powder spray might be necessary if you really want to see clearly where you are hitting it on the face.  Conversely tee mark impressions are quite easy to see.

The headcover is of good quality, is large but snug.  A bit difficult to take on and off, plus all the white on it equates to getting dirty and showing the dirt fairly quickly.  I will save the headcover to keep it looking new and use my Stitch Smiley Face headcover from now on.

All in all though if you’re considering a new driver, don’t sleep on the Tour Edge C723, it has impressed me enough to make it my gamer.  I like it a lot!!

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

12 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Been testing a Tour Edge Exotics C723 8.0 driver this week with a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Xlink 65g Stiff shaft and after 5 rounds it has benched my Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 set at -1 with a Graphite Design Tour AD VR 6 S shaft.  

I had about 150 rounds in with the Cobra.  Not taking anything away from the Cobra LTDx as it has been very good for me and it kicked the Ping G410 LST driver out of my bag last year.  So far for me the Tour Edge C723 is as long as the Cobra LTDx LS and as forgiving as the Ping G410 LST.

Even more impressive when you consider that I was fitted for both the Ping and the Cobra then had to tinker with each going through about 6 or 7 shafts apiece to tame them and I ordered the Tour Edge C723 blind and am using one of their stock shaft offerings. 

Getting about the same numbers as the Cobra, but finding it easier to play on the course with the Tour Edge C723.  My misses are better.  In 90 holes of golf I have not had a single penalty off the tee.

The C723 driver looks good, feel is slightly softer off the face than the Cobra LTDx, and performs well.  The sound is not as muted as the Cobra’s thwacky thud. To be clear: the C723 is not loud.  It just has a bit more of a metallic ting to it despite all of the carbon fiber composite panels in the head of the Tour Edge.

The glossy crown initially was distracting to me after playing matte finish drivers for almost ten years.  I’ve gotten used to it though pretty quickly.

The Ridgeback spine and the Diamond shaped logo on the face make the club much easier to align than the Cobra LTDx.  I feel that Cobra’s alignment aid always appeared from above to be closer to the heel which for me might have led to more of a toe side miss. The Ping was also easy to align with the turbulators on top and I know not everyone likes the look but it never bothered me.

The face of the C723 driver is deeper than the Cobra’s so I am finding that I have to tee up the ball a bit higher than I was doing before.  When you hit it a bit higher on the face you can get some real low spin bombs.

I am finding this driver to be very easy to hit in the center of the face.  Generally I’m a fairly straight driver of the ball.  So far here is what I’ve seen regarding forgiveness if you hit it around the face a bit.  Strikes a bit heel side are very forgiving and come back to the middle.  Toe side misses have not hooked for me, more of a slight push to the right.  Strikes low on the face cause the spin to come up a bit and produce great fairway finder shots.  If I am on a tight driving hole I’ve found that teeing this driver a little lower than normal is just the ticket.

Played around with the substantial adjustability of the C723 initially and swapped weights around but have found my best performance with everything exactly as how it came from the factory.

What don’t I like?  

The rear weight channel picks up some grass if you brush the ground.  The way that the rear weight and slider work makes swapping the weights from front to back a bit of a chore.  Adjusting the rear weight in the channel to the draw or fade setting is also a bit finicky.  

Not a deal breaker probably for most people because now that I got the driver dialed in I doubt I’ll adjust the weights or hosel settings again. But if you are one of those folks that like to adjust in the middle of a casual round or for different courses take note, allow for an extra few minutes.

The face does not show where the ball contact mark is very well compared to the milled face of the Cobra LTDx.  Impact tape or foot powder spray might be necessary if you really want to see clearly where you are hitting it on the face.  Conversely tee mark impressions are quite easy to see.

The headcover is of good quality, is large but snug.  A bit difficult to take on and off, plus all the white on it equates to getting dirty and showing the dirt fairly quickly.  I will save the headcover to keep it looking new and use my Stitch Smiley Face headcover from now on.

All in all though if you’re considering a new driver, don’t sleep on the Tour Edge C723, it has impressed me enough to make it my gamer.  I like it a lot!!

Nice review - thx. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel