Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Forum Staff Announcement - Aug 12th

GolfSpy_APH

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Forum Staff Announcement - Aug 12th
10 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Great leaders not only make positive change, they work collectively with their crews to build up morale and make the experience better for everyone.

As Rob said, you (Jamie) were the right person at the right time. 

To all Mods, you guys are only making the experience here better for everyone and it shows. 

Thank you for making time here worthwhile.  

So glad you brought up the great leader point

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

So glad you brought up the great leader point

It’s true.  Thanks bro.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Although this post/thread is more on a personal note it does in a sense apply to all of the Forum Staff. 

Today marks the 1 year mark since being named as the Forum Directory. A position I am extremely proud to be in and am so grateful to have been put in charge to help lead this community. However this could not have been done alone, we have an amazing staff that work so hard in the background and in truth do more than I think anyone could imagine to keep the community moving forward, bringing new ideas and helping with all the other forum stuff. 

There had been a good amount of turnover within the forum staff and having the stability of this group has made a world of a difference. 

So before I go forward I want to thank them.

@GolfSpy BOS - you were the first new hire since I came on as a Mod and have taken on so many things and been an incredible addition to our leadership group. Thank you for stepping up and helping drive this community forward. 

@GolfSpy TCB - Thank you for bringing all your ideas to the table and being a fresh voice within our group. It is always appreciated and required. The MGSVCT is a clear hit and has added so much to the forum. It has been a pleasure to see it take off in the sense that it has. 

@GolfSpy SAM - The life of the party? Your humor, participation and activity as well as helping lead the community calls has been so much fun and a huge additive to the forum. 

@GolfSpy_BNG - The classifieds section, fantasy sports and a lot more. You bring a ton to the forum which many may not realize at first. You have been a fantastic addition to the forum and we are all truly appreciative of the work and efforts you put forth.

@Golfspy_CG2 - As much as you try to retire or step back, you are always here and getting sucked back it. Not sure we have enough words to type to thank you for the efforts you put forth. You have so many insights and history on the forum that this place would truly not be the same without you.

There is no question the forum went through a downturn for a while there. However we got very fortunate as a new COO was named for MGS and he has (not at all that others at HQ havent been) allowed us to really take the forum in a way we saw best fit. In our first meeting with him he said something that has stuck with me. He said he didnt care about what happened in the past or what had been done right or wrong prior, but wanted us to move forward with fresh light and not look back. 

We have taken this heart and worked to drive all areas on the forum. 

Some of these areas are
- Member Testing - a record number of tests this season, a record number of participants and reviews being posted!
- MGSVCT - What a cool addition to the forum. Special events, weekly championships and a whole lot more! We do also secretly hope we can find a way that members can achieve official handicaps through our VCT, however that could still be a ways down the road. Oh and Bag Tags!
- Classifieds - New system, cleaner look, better method for searching and more. Still working on it taking off, but we are very happy with this platform. 
- Group Buys - So far just the Jones bag, but we may have something else coming your way. 
- Community Calls - One of my favourites and something I am so happy we started. 
- Course Reviews - Another which hasnt taken off, but happy to so all the new reviews there!
- Newsletter Updates and Upgrades - Get Forum Content every weekday and has definitely helped drive more users to the forum. 
- Forum Content on the main site! - This one I am just thrilled about. Period.
- Forum Socials - This we have actually handed over to HQ to handle and we hope that it will take big steps forward as we move forward. 
And more. 

This last year truthfully on the forum has been one of the busiest years period. Participation is up, activity and engagement levels are way up and we have seen so many new members on the forum that simply makes me smile. 

This year has also been, in truth, so so much work and I am so happy for it! The amount of nights I have been up till 1am or later doing work whether front end or back end has been countless, but when we see the excitement for membership and the shock when we release tests or just the overall growth of community it all makes it worth while. As much as this is really a job and work, it really isnt. For me I am proud of what we as a community have done this past year and how we have banded together to bring the forum from where it was a year ago to where we are today. This has not been a solo effort and not even just a staff effort, however the whole community. So a big shout out to all of you who have stuck with us and provided feedback or taken part in anything on the forum. We have this community because of you. 

I am so happy to celebrate 1 year as the lead on the forum and am so excited continue in this role driving the forum forward and ensuring that we continue to stay true to our roots of being a community. 

I could go on a lot longer, and may in future responses in this thread, but just a big thank you to HQ for putting me in this position, to the membership for sticking by us and the staff for contributing how you have and supporting me over this last year. 

One year down and a whole lot more to come!

Congrats to the entire team AND also to the new COO who had the good sense to let the team do their 'thing'

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Congrats on the milestone, Jamie…..and to the entire MGS team. You are the direct result of Adam’s vision.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Jamie- You and the entire forum staff do a fantastic job! I have a good idea how much work is involved, having been a longtime moderator on two different forums (one golf equipment oriented, and one having nothing to do with golf, as I am also a musician and musical instrument geek).

Keep up your great work, and rest assured that we the members truly appreciate all that you do for this great community!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

The forum was always kind of on the periphery for me.  I’m not new to forums (they used to be all the rage in the early 2000’s).  Forum use seemed to kind of really taper off across any subject matter.

changing tastes? Changing ways to interact with new social media types?  Maybe all of em.

dunno what it is about this forum that sucked me back in so hard to using one again.

either way enjoying participant ass off.  Really love the morning thread.  That and coffee really start my work days off on a good note.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Thank you all for the incredible messages! Means a lot and again I am just proud that this community has rebounded the way it has this last year. 

I have to say The Good Morning Thread encompasses everything I personally want this forum to be about. It speaks volumes to the kind of people we have here on the forum and truly how awesome this community is!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congratulations Jamie,

The forum has really exploded in the last year. The testing opportunities have simply been incredible. The engagement among the our fellow spies has been so great and it has sparked many friendships far and wide. I am truly grateful for this community. Treads like the Good Morning thread in particular are must visits for me and many as evidenced by the activity. The mods have been super helpful in keeping member testing moving and engaging. You all are greatly appreciated.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+