How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Teed off at 11:40am; 20 minutes late.  It was 39* but no wind.  Warmed up to a balmy 42*. I shot 82 which is good for me given the weather; no birdies, two 3-putts.  Had two long greenside bunker shots that I got to 5 feet, but couldn't make any putts.  I don't putt well when my hands are cold.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Teed off at 11:40am; 20 minutes late. It was 39* but no wind. Warmed up to a balmy 42*. I shot 82 which is good for me given the weather; no birdies, two 3-putts. Had two long greenside bunker shots that I got to 5 feet, but couldn't make any putts. I don't putt well when my hands are cold.

Birdies seem to be in hibernation for me also.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Birdies seem to be in hibernation for me also.

I didn't know anything hibernated in Florida.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I didn't know anything hibernated in Florida.

just birdies[emoji41]

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Well I threw away the scorecard after 14 if that says anything. I held it together on the front 9 and had a chance to break 80 with a better-than-normal back 9 but totally blew up on 10 and 11.

I was my usual wild self off the tee but hit some excellent wedge shots and drained 6 low-percentage putts.

Luckily I played well once I ditched the scorecard so it makes for easy math that puts me at an 88.

I did this same thing when I was trying to break 90 for the first time. Just putting too much pressure on every shot and am not playing well off the tee.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

40/44 84

Got a 6 7 & a 8

Fairways 5

GIR 9

Putts 34

I am liking the J15MB irons with the 5.5 shafts.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SIM2 9* MAX  US Ryder Cup 
:taylormade-small:  3 wood SIM Max

:taylormade-small: 5 wood SIM Max

:callaway-small: Mavrik  5i - GW  

:taylormade-small: MG3 54/11 58/8                      

:taylormade-small: Spider FCG SB

:taylormade-small: TP5 2021

First time swinging a club without pain in about 6 weeks so I didn't keep score. It took me awhile to get get over the mental part of my wrist injury and once I did I was really started hitting some fantastic shots.

I didn't keep score as today was all about testing the wrist and getting confidence that it was indeed healthy and no swing or shot type would hurt. Mission completed and then some.

Really glad my golf season isn't over and I can get some more swings in the the jpx 900 tours before typing out my final thoughts for stage 2 of my review

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

Sunday was awful; cold, rainy, snowy.  This morning the sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, and mid-40's.  I walked with the guys at the club, and I am still on a roll... sorta.  I shot 79 with 3 double bogeys.  Not happy about the doubles, but I had 3 birdies.  One came on the 570y par 5 #5 hole; hit my 3rd shot to 5 feet.  The second one came on the par 3 #12 hole where I got an ace a couple of months ago; almost got another one, hit it to a foot away.  The third one was an unlikely putt from 4 feet off the green on the par 4 #16; about 50 feet, left to right breaker.

One of the guys I was playing with got an ace on the par 3 #17; his second.  The weather is turning bad again, and this may have been my last round this year unless it's decent this weekend when my wife and I hopefully will play.  I hate to quit while I am playing well.

• Like 3

Weather has turned here in Central Indiana and Sunday looked like our last day for a while. We decided to just go 9 holes early and try to beat incoming storms. Was wet and muddy so we were rolling the ball over. Definitely not real golf and I had 0 expectations to do anything other than get out of the house. So of course.....2 pars to start. Birdies on 3 and 4. Sloppy bogey with wedge in my hands on 5 so 1 under. Then make 30 footer for birdie on 6, hit a great 5 wood second shot over a pond to 6 feet for eagle on 7. Par the par 3 eighth and punch a 5 iron from 170 into a 15 mph breeze to 4 feet on 9. Made that to play the last 4 holes 4 under and shoot 31! Beat my low for the year on that side by 2 shots, and had averaged 38 for the season. No swing thoughts, no putting thoughts, no worries, just out chasing it around. Was almost like my clubs were saying "We told you all year long WE'RE NOT THE PROBLEM! Now go put us away and do some work on yourself this off season." Smart Ass clubs

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Weather has turned here in Central Indiana and Sunday looked like our last day for a while. We decided to just go 9 holes early and try to beat incoming storms. Was wet and muddy so we were rolling the ball over. Definitely not real golf and I had 0 expectations to do anything other than get out of the house. So of course.....2 pars to start. Birdies on 3 and 4. Sloppy bogey with wedge in my hands on 5 so 1 under. Then make 30 footer for birdie on 6, hit a great 5 wood second shot over a pond to 6 feet for eagle on 7. Par the par 3 eighth and punch a 5 iron from 170 into a 15 mph breeze to 4 feet on 9. Made that to play the last 4 holes 4 under and shoot 31! Beat my low for the year on that side by 2 shots, and had averaged 38 for the season. No swing thoughts, no putting thoughts, no worries, just out chasing it around. Was almost like my clubs were saying "We told you all year long WE'RE NOT THE PROBLEM! Now go put us away and do some work on yourself this off season." Smart Ass clubs

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Congratulations!  Seems we always play better when we don't have any expectations for the round.

• Like 1

Had a fun day today. Steady Eddy shot 76. Fight a cold still but the paring partners were interesting. Father and son and uncle. Among the three there are probably over 60 years of golf.

First the dad was a big guy with some gas problem. It seems to leak everytime he moved:), I was fine but I just stay away and up wind from him. The uncle may have been hit in the head a few times as he likes to stand directly in front of the person hitting the ball.

Then come the highlights of the round, the son hit the drive that ended up behind a big tree about 15-20 yards in front of the ball. After a few moment of consideration and while waiting for the group in front of us to clear the green, he turned and asked me. I said punch out side way is the safest route and if done diagonally, he wouldn't lose any distance. He said he could fade it around the tree, he's done it before.

Jokingly, I said hit it well or “duck”. He hit it square to the tree and bounce right back to hit him in the groin. Yelp! I swear, he hit the ground so fast like someone bet him a million dollars that he couldn't dig a hole with his face. They got enough class to joke about it the rest of the round. Fun crowd, I hope I get to play with them again.

Talking about it I could still feel his pain.

• Like 6

Had a fun day today. Steady Eddy shot 76. Fight a cold still but the paring partners were interesting. Father and son and uncle. Among the three there are probably over 60 years of golf.

First the dad was a big guy with some gas problem. It seems to leak everytime he moved:), I was fine but I just stay away and up wind from him. The uncle may have been hit in the head a few times as he likes to stand directly in front of the person hitting the ball.

Then come the highlights of the round, the son hit the drive that ended up behind a big tree about 15-20 yards in front of the ball. After a few moment of consideration and while waiting for the group in front of us to clear the green, he turned and asked me. I said punch out side way is the safest route and if done diagonally, he wouldn't lose any distance. He said he could fade it around the tree, he's done it before.

Jokingly, I said hit it well or “duck”. He hit it square to the tree and bounce right back to hit him in the groin. Yelp! I swear, he hit the ground so fast like someone bet him a million dollars that he couldn't dig a hole with his face. They got enough class to joke about it the rest of the round. Fun crowd, I hope I get to play with them again.

Now that's funny, not for him though.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

.............I swear, he hit the ground so fast like someone bet him a million dollars that he couldn't dig a hole with his face........

Omg I'm dying right now. That's the funniest analogy I've heard all year! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I can picture it happening and it's one of those moments that just keeps giving.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Nothing like a good whack in the nuts to finish ya round.  :D 

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 6 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Evnroll 
 ER2 Putter

Played 36 this morning in mid 40 degree temps. No clue what I shot nor did I care. Just fun to still be playing golf in November.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

36/39

Played ok. No putts dropped for me all day. Still trying to groove the new 2-ball.

I️ think I'll try putting a few thin black lines on the top to aid in alignment.

Hit one of the longes drives I've ever hit.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I will be done posting until next year.

Snowing tonight.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SIM2 9* MAX  US Ryder Cup 
:taylormade-small:  3 wood SIM Max

:taylormade-small: 5 wood SIM Max

:callaway-small: Mavrik  5i - GW  

:taylormade-small: MG3 54/11 58/8                      

:taylormade-small: Spider FCG SB