Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

College Football

fozcycle

I'm from SEC Country and a South Carolina fan. I live in Honolulu now making college football pretty awesome. I get up at 6 am, turn on the tv and catch the first kick off in the east coast.

South Carolina Gamecocks leaving the ACC was the beginning of the end for the traditional conference lineups.

I think that was early 70s.

The old SWC breaking up, scattering the Texas teams to the four winds, made the trend irreversible.

Well, as if I need state the obvious, Notre Dame :) .  Grew up watching and rooting for them with my Dad.  No one in the family attended, but we're German-Irish Catholics and that's my team. The Fighting Irish have arguably the most storied past and I believe still own the highest winning record in college football.  I also like Ohio State and Florida State.  Ohio State because I like their helmet badges, Florida State because I grew up in Florida and my brother attended FSU.  Both because I always root for state colleges when they are not playing Notre Dame.

I absolutely love college football.  I rarely watch the NFL even before the latest round of non football related bullshit started (don't even get me started!). College ball has an energy level that I don't find in any other sport.  This will be a fun thread.  Thanks for starting it and "Go Irish"!!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

You don't get to watch Tom Brady every week.

That's one of the best parts

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

You don't get to watch Tom Brady every week.

In my limited experience, College football is virtually nonexistent in the NE outside of the Syracuse fan base. There's not a lot to get excited about on Saturdays when most of the talent heads south for college. My wife's family (CT area) thinks I'm weird when I turn on Thanksgiving Friday college football. I don't see people wearing college gear on Saturdays in the NE... Just Patriots or Giants gear on Sundays. Cowboys, saints, Texans all rule Sundays here in Texas but on Saturdays, it's nuts and it's the same for most parts of the country. I mean geez, here in Houston we have designated bars for over 35 college teams. Want to watch southern miss with a bunch of their fans? Go here. Want to watch Wisconsin with all the beer and cheese loving alum? Go there. Personally, I prefer the college game because there's a greater parity in talent so teams have to get creative to defend/score. Rarely do you see the offensive creativity on Sundays that you see on Saturdays. The game is too congested when it's played between the numbers. And yes, I'm a big 12 fan so a 30-40 type game is so much more exciting that an NFL 21-17 type game. Personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

South Carolina Gamecocks leaving the ACC was the beginning of the end for the traditional conference lineups.

I think that was early 70s.

The old SWC breaking up, scattering the Texas teams to the four winds, made the trend irreversible.

I agree from a standpoint of traditional sectional rivalries but South Carolina has benefited tremendously from their relationship with the SEC. They were an “independent” prior to going into the SEC. Traditional Rivalries were Georgia, Clemson, NC State, UNC and Virginia. Every year they picked up another big team like Michigan, USC, Pitt, Miami, and or Florida State. A couple FBS teams were always on the schedule as well. A TV game was the exception to the rule. Now every league game plus the Clemson rivalry have the real potential to be televised on a major network.

I believe if coaches and athletic directors would stop scheduling these small schools (Coastal Carolina and Marshall for SC this year) the old border rivalries could be maintained. The draw back is the two small schools go towards your total wins while the border rivalries have the real potential to result in a big L. Bowls pay a lot of money and the bigger the bowl the bigger the payout. A loss to a border rivalry power 5 team will hurt more than a win or two over smaller schools when it comes to bowl committee selection day.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I'll debate. 6-8 years ago the SEC from top to bottom was legit. Over the past 3-5 years though, the other major conferences are catching up. Maybe not to Alabama, but they have certainly caught up to the rest of that conference. I would like to see all of the major conferences limit the amount of throw away games in the season, and no out of conference games against cupcakes after week 4 of the season. You can't do anything about the in conference cupcakes unless you revamp the entire college football scene. I would like to see major changes in the way the schedules are set up, but there is too much money involved so it won't happen.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Boise State should be a monster this season! It looks as if we'll be ranked somewhere in the high teens to start and justifiably so. We have 10 of 11 starters returning on defense and a rare 4-year starting QB playing his senior year. We're always excited to support our boys out there on the Blue and we're expecting BIG things this season...

GO BRONCOS!!!

BSU-logo.jpg

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Anyone but Clemson.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

The NY Giants - so long as we are talking pro sports I will go for one where the Players are appropriately compensated.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2023 will be the next wave of realignment for the conferences. These bloated TV contracts have really changed the way teams view their conference. The UT network led to A&M leaving the big 12... Even though UT offered A&M a slice of the pie but it wasn't enough to satisfy those nerds. Funny how the UT network is an absolute dog. I think with YouTube, Hulu and Amazon getting into sports, you could see teams either forming super conferences or going independent. Personally I would love to have eight regional conferences of 12. You'd have the gulf coast league of schools like Bama, FSU, Florida, Georgia, Miami, UCF, S. Fl, Ga Tech, ole Miss, Miss St, LSU, and Auburn. A SW conference of Ok, Ok St, Ark, UTx, A&M, TTech, Baylor, UH, TCU, Az, Az St, NM. Throw in the tobacco division with the Carolinas, Tenn, WV, Va, Kentucky schools, a rocky mountain division, a heartland division, etc. Those twelve teams play 11 games a season with one out of conference game. The winner of those conferences go to the playoffs. Eight team playoff with other schools going to the existing bowls. Come on Jeff Bezos, make this happen!!

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

Huh ho - looks like Urban Meyer is in a bit of trouble. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I would have taken "paid administrative leave" for my entire working career.

That's a pretty sweet deal.

As for Mr Theeo, the sophisticated defense reading and precision offensive execution mastered by Tom Brady are the only things that make football watchable for me.  The Doug Flutie magic did made college football fun in the 1980s. (I'm a homer!)

My favorite spectator sport, since the 1950s, has been boxing followed by Red Sox baseball. Old school, I guess.

Anyone but Clemson.

I agree but I fear they are going to be really good again this year. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• 3 weeks later...

My Dawgs lost freshman phenom, the #1 rb recruit in the country Zamir “Zeus” White to a wiped out knee today. Good news, if there's any to be found, is it's not the same knee he injured before so it's not a second surgery on his same knee and gives him a great chance at 100% recovery and continuing his collegiate career. It's one of our deepest positions too

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

My Dawgs lost freshman phenom, the #1 rb recruit in the country Zamir “Zeus” White to a wiped out knee today. Good news, if there's any to be found, is it's not the same knee he injured before so it's not a second surgery on his same knee and gives him a great chance at 100% recovery and continuing his collegiate career. It's one of our deepest positions too

Let me guess.

Your Bulldogs aren't Yale, right?

Or even SEC rivals Mississippi State?

Do you play an ACC team that wears white at home?

Yea that was tough however we will be ready for all comers as the Georgia Bulldogs are stacked to the ceiling with ACES! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Let me guess.

Your Bulldogs aren't Yale, right?

Or even SEC rivals Mississippi State?

Do you play an ACC team that wears white at home?

Yes we play the north avenue trade school. We need to drop them and replace them with former old school rival Clemson

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Yes we play the north avenue trade school. We need to drop them and replace them with former old school rival Clemson

I would love that! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I would love that!

Back to the Dawg avatar... that means there is only 13 days... I promised myself I wasn't going to get hyped up for this season... very hard to do. I have zero expectations for my wolverines this year. Zero... that means anything more than 0 wins is a plus.

Won't be able to watch on 9/1 as I'll be camping with the grandkids(almost all are adults now). But week 2 has UK v FL and that will most def be on my tv!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Any bets on the Urban Meyer ordeal? Coming from a school that placed its head coach on administrative leave, it doesn't look good. Too many stories coming out, whether they're true or not remains to seen, about Smith that really paints a bad picture for Urban. I guess the report is due out this Thursday? 

Tom Herman is a snake and he will bolt for Ohio St mid-season if asked to take over. I think tOSU will go in a different direction but it's not surprising to see Herman's name attached to all of these 'leaks'. 

• Lefty

Any bets on the Urban Meyer ordeal? Coming from a school that placed its head coach on administrative leave, it doesn't look good. Too many stories coming out, whether they're true or not remains to seen, about Smith that really paints a bad picture for Urban. I guess the report is due out this Thursday?

Tom Herman is a snake and he will bolt for Ohio St mid-season if asked to take over. I think tOSU will go in a different direction but it's not surprising to see Herman's name attached to all of these 'leaks'.

Urban will be suspended, possibly with time served, and will miss at most 2 games. OSU has no morals, he wins enough where they'll deal with the blowback.

If I'm a Meesheegun fan, I'm sending sex toys and such weekly to the coach's offices. And I'm signing them from Zach Smith.

In The Bag

Back to the Dawg avatar... that means there is only 13 days... I promised myself I wasn't going to get hyped up for this season... very hard to do. I have zero expectations for my wolverines this year. Zero... that means anything more than 0 wins is a plus.

I told you Patterson would get the starting job. The kid can play. Yall might be pretty solid if he can limit his mistakes. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I told you Patterson would get the starting job. The kid can play. Yall might be pretty solid if he can limit his mistakes.

... yes but are the skill positions around him able to play the RPO?... I think it will be a poor showing. From my watching over th last few years we only have 2 receivers that can move laterally, and only one RB that can do anything besides bulldoze. TE's I have no idea how this season is going to turn out, but I bet it won't be good.

Urban will be suspended, possibly with time served, and will miss at most 2 games. OSU has no morals, he wins enough where they'll deal with the blowback.

If I'm a Meesheegun fan, I'm sending sex toys and such weekly to the coach's offices. And I'm signing them from Zach Smith.

It isn't just Ohio State that has no morals. Pick a school and you can bet there is some shady s*** going on. It's popular to hate on Ohio State... I get it, but dig enough and you will find problems with every college that counts on sports to keep the doors opened.

It isn't just Ohio State that has no morals. Pick a school and you can bet there is some shady s*** going on. It's popular to hate on Ohio State... I get it, but dig enough and you will find problems with every college that counts on sports to keep the doors opened.

True, I absolutely despise ttds... but every university has some crap going on. It's the matter of getting caught or not.... or when you get caught.

I actually hope he keeps his job (not for the facts of why is going on)...but, that way when we beat them this year it won't be another interim coach.