:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Paulina could have bagged Koepka to get back at DJ's infidelity! 

Pauline would be a step down for Koepka.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Oh snap..

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

MAXFLI  Tour CG

This episode of "As the Ryder Cup Turns" is brought to you by Nike Golf.  The same folks that sponsor kneeling at NFL games, and enjoy controversy as a marketing strategy.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

4 minutes ago, GSwag said:

This episode of "As the Ryder Cup Turns" is brought to you by Nike Golf.  The same folks that sponsor kneeling at NFL games, and enjoy controversy as a marketing strategy.

Just Douche It. :nike-small:

MAXFLI  Tour CG

As long as the PGA sets up courses rewarding the long ball... bomb and gouge, the Europeans will keep setting up the courses in Europe rewarding accurate shots and penalizing wayward shots.  Shot shaping for US players is a lost art.  When a player can't hit a fairway with an iron off the tee, good luck ever winning in Europe again.

Yes, the US players did not come into this Ryder Cup with a great attitude, and it went downhill from there.  They did not play the course, and they did not play well.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

You know there are some "Al Bundys" in the world.   They are not very good at football so they end up selling shoes.

IMG_0133.PNG.9f5e69ffc31b1d3bafcf4ff66cd028ca.PNG

I saw this on MGS app for another thread and thought it was about the US Ryder Cup team.

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

As long as the PGA sets up courses rewarding the long ball... bomb and gouge, the Europeans will keep setting up the courses in Europe rewarding accurate shots and penalizing wayward shots.  Shot shaping for US players is a lost art.  When a player can't hit a fairway with an iron off the tee, good luck ever winning in Europe again.

Yes, the US players did not come into this Ryder Cup with a great attitude, and it went downhill from there.  They did not play the course, and they did not play well.

I think you're correct.  It is therefore my belief that we should send the LPGA to the compete with them when played across the pond.  What they give up in length, they'll more than make up in accuracy.  Oop's wait, this won't work.  We presently don't have enough top caliber US women to field a team.

And here we thought this thread was dead  

rolling.gif

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I agree completely.  The one thing I would add; It isn't just about PGA Tour course set-up.  Modern course design philosophy in the US is geared toward "bomb and gouge."

Especially 95% of the TPC Courses the Tour plays.

Perhaps, another Ryder Cup committee should be formed.   This committee should include some noted clinical psychologists and psychiatrists.   Their purpose would be to establish a process by which potential Ryder Cup players could be evaluated for their concept of team and that they have reached a certain level of maturity.   Given that process, the next step would be to find a way for it to impact or influence the selection of team members.   One of those mental professionals should be appointed as a co-captain.  

7 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Perhaps, another Ryder Cup committee should be formed.   This committee should include some noted clinical psychologists and psychiatrists.   Their purpose would be to establish a process by which potential Ryder Cup players could be evaluated for their concept of team and that they have reached a certain level of maturity.   Given that process, the next step would be to find a way for it to impact or influence the selection of team members.   One of those mental professionals should be appointed as a co-captain.  

I love this concept!  I honestly believe time will heal much of what we are seeing at this moment.  As I see it, the younger generation of players like Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas will foster in the wave of talented young players behind them who have watched since childhood, their golfing idols get soundly trashed by the Europeans to the tune of a 3-9 record over the last dozen Ryder Cups.

Beau Hossler, Aaron Wise, Xander Schauffele, Maverick McNealy and others will be fun to watch progress over the next two years leading into 2020.  My guess is, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods and possibly Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson won't make the team in two years.

Teams become teams over the course of a spring training / training camp and season.

Throwing together a team for an event and you've got an All-Star Game---and I HATE All-Star Games.

The Ryder Cub had a totally different vibe back in the US vs. British Isles era.

It was an excuse for the guys to get together and have a good time with the USGA, R&A, and two PGA (US and UK) stuffed shirts who were hosting them.

It was like the amateur Walker Cup taken less dramatically by grizzled pros.

Somebody discovered that they could make a lucrative event out of it and screwed it up to a total fare-thee-well.

That's how big time sports work today.

3 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Interesting fact. While US analysts put their money on the American Young guns being on average 10 years younger than their European counterparts, they forget that maturity and experience also play a roll.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Oh and there was this shown to the players on the Thursday evening.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

6 hours ago, sixcat said:

I love this concept!  I honestly believe time will heal much of what we are seeing at this moment.  As I see it, the younger generation of players like Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas will foster in the wave of talented young players behind them who have watched since childhood, their golfing idols get soundly trashed by the Europeans to the tune of a 3-9 record over the last dozen Ryder Cups.

Beau Hossler, Aaron Wise, Xander Schauffele, Maverick McNealy and others will be fun to watch progress over the next two years leading into 2020.  My guess is, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods and possibly Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson won't make the team in two years.

I agree that in two years the team may look a lot different.  The problem with Ryder Cup selection is that points are accumulated over two years.  What someone did last year doesn't matter in my mind; it's what they have done this year leading up to the Cup.  Make the Ryder Cup points earned starting with the the first tournament after next years Tour Championship.  If that had been done this year, two players would not have been on the team... Jordan and Phil.  Tiger played his way on to the team if you only counted points from this year.

I thought Webb Simpson played well. As for the Captain's picks?  How do you not pick Tiger who played well in the majors and won the Tour Championship.  Likewise Bryson won two events of the FedEx.  Finau was one of the US stars.  Only two players were questionable in my mind:  Phil and Jordan.  Jordan made it on points mostly because of play last year, not this year.  He had a bad year.  Phil won early in the spring but had done nothing most of the year.  Given the type of course chosen by the Europeans, the US would have been better off with straighter drivers of the ball, like Zach, Xander, or Kuch.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I agree that in two years the team may look a lot different.  The problem with Ryder Cup selection is that points are accumulated over two years.  What someone did last year doesn't matter in my mind; it's what they have done this year leading up to the Cup.  Make the Ryder Cup points earned starting with the the first tournament after next years Tour Championship.  If that had been done this year, two players would not have been on the team... Jordan and Phil.  Tiger played his way on to the team if you only counted points from this year.
I thought Webb Simpson played well. As for the Captain's picks?  How do you not pick Tiger who played well in the majors and won the Tour Championship.  Likewise Bryson won two events of the FedEx.  Finau was one of the US stars.  Only two players were questionable in my mind:  Phil and Jordan.  Jordan made it on points mostly because of play last year, not this year.  He had a bad year.  Phil won early in the spring but had done nothing most of the year.  Given the type of course chosen by the Europeans, the US would have been better off with straighter drivers of the ball, like Zach, Xander, or Kuch.

DeSham didn’t really have the GREAT year until after he was picked. I thought Furyk was nuts for picking him then he came out and won the next 2 events. Making Furyk look brilliant.

However, I agree (now) that the venue should have been more taken into account when the picks were made. Unfortunately, I would have taken Phil and Tiger. This is why I don’t gamble on anyone’s play but my own.

I agree that in two years the team may look a lot different.  The problem with Ryder Cup selection is that points are accumulated over two years.  What someone did last year doesn't matter in my mind; it's what they have done this year leading up to the Cup.  Make the Ryder Cup points earned starting with the the first tournament after next years Tour Championship.  If that had been done this year, two players would not have been on the team... Jordan and Phil.  Tiger played his way on to the team if you only counted points from this year. I thought Webb Simpson played well. As for the Captain's picks?  How do you not pick Tiger who played well in the majors and won the Tour Championship.  Likewise Bryson won two events of the FedEx.  Finau was one of the US stars.  Only two players were questionable in my mind:  Phil and Jordan.  Jordan made it on points mostly because of play last year, not this year.  He had a bad year.  Phil won early in the spring but had done nothing most of the year.  Given the type of course chosen by the Europeans, the US would have been better off with straighter drivers of the ball, like Zach, Xander, or Kuch.

Webb did play well in the Ryder Cup.  He was one of the US players, maybe the only US player, ideally suited for Paris National.  But I don't believe he is consistent enough to maintain this level of play for the next two years in order to make the 2020 team.  Likewise, I don't think Phil and Tiger will make the 2020 team either.  Bubba is an enigma!  He could disappear from the game which, in my mind, appears where he is headed, or he could win a couple majors.  There isn't much middle ground with Bubba these days.  I don't expect him on the 2020 team.

Furyk had to pick Tiger.  Could you imagine the backlash, given Tiger's recent form had Furyk picked Schauffele instead?  All of this mess with Reed, DJ and Koepka would pale in comparison!  

I think the US team is, at this moment, where the European team was a few years ago.  Caught with aging stars while waiting for the young guns like Rory, Molinari and others to take over.  As I said earlier, I expect a lot of this to take care of itself.  The younger guys like the team aspect more than Phil and Tiger's generation.

Good Lord.. This is the absolute worst outcome of a spectator getting hit by a ball.. I didn't know this even happened. Looks like Koepka is all twisted up inside over it.. that's gotta be a hard one to deal with for sure.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ryder-cup-2018-woman-partially-blinded-by-brooks-koepka-tee-shot/

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Oh for the love of...

"Eleven players understood the concept of team golf and only one didn’t."

“He is so full of s–t,’’ the source told The Post on Monday. “Blindsided my ass. He begged to play with Tiger.’’

“I feel so bad for Jim, because he was an unreal captain. He would have run through a wall for all 12 of the guys. Unfortunately, there were only 11 players that would have returned the favor.’’

I mean, dang!

Do they play golf in Siberia?  Because that's all that's left for Reed IMHO.

19 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Interesting fact. While US analysts put their money on the American Young guns being on average 10 years younger than their European counterparts, they forget that maturity and experience also play a roll.

Only problem is our experienced guys are all experienced at losing points. How about this- if a player is on 2 consecutive Ryder Cup teams and has a losing record then he can't be on the next team. If you prove you can't win then you can sit out the next one. That would maybe generate a little urgency and at least get the points losers out of the way and let someone else try

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

3 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

Only problem is our experienced guys are all experienced at losing points. How about this- if a player is on 2 consecutive Ryder Cup teams and has a losing record then he can't be on the next team. If you prove you can't win then you can sit out the next one. That would maybe generate a little urgency and at least get the points losers out of the way and let someone else try

I feel like the selection process needs an update but didn't have any serious proposals. Something along these lines would be a great idea.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

12 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

Tiger is DQ'd, Fowler is DQ'd, Mickelson has a lifetime ban under these terms.

Problem with this is you have a whole team (for the most part) who stunk it up over there.  And consider that you could have a guy shoot 7 under par and still lose.

Frankly I think we're digging into this from the wrong angle.  After watching that motivational video that the Euros put out on Thursday night, the missing fix for all of this is for some of these overpaid and spoiled multi-millionaires to actually have some passion for wanting to win this.  Between the likes of DJ, Koepka, Fowler, Tiger and Phil, they all looked like a rerun of the Walking Dead.  And is there anything in Koepka, DJ or Fowler that says, "I'm one passionate guy!"  They are a bunch of walking stiffs on steroids.

The Euros win because they are passionate about this event, and would walk through fire to win a match.  The Americans looked like they enjoyed their free trip to France with all of their WASP WAGs.  And oh, yeah, I guess I need to go play some golf while I'm here.  Too much sideshow BS, and too much of the pampered lifestyle.  Take away all the free stuff, make them pay for the uniforms, and their travel and hotel accommodations, and tell the women that if they want to come they can pay their own way.  You want to be on Ryder Cup?  Put your money where your mouth is.  This spoiled entitled generation lacks passion, grit and determination.  Sure, you can hit a golf ball 300 yards, but you act like you don't have a pulse and don't care.

That's just what I see anyway.  I for the love of all things real, put away the freaking iphones and just stop with the selfies.  I don't give a crap what you look like or what you were doing on someone else's dime.  Just shut up and go play golf for love of country.

I'm just going to sidestep the soap opera that Reed, DJ, etc. have turned the aftermath of the Ryder Cup into.

Lists of insane Tiger stats are some of my favorite things. But, for my money, some of his greatest accomplishments have to be his made cut streak (and his overall record of rarely missing cuts), and his streak of consecutive rounds in which he scored better than the field average.

By contrast, any given week, some of the top players in the world not only miss cuts, but some will be (after two rounds) 10-15 strokes off the lead. It just happens. It happens to everyone (including really-good-but-not-superhuman-Tiger, the guy playing now). And there is virtually no way to predict or to prevent this from happening. (That's why peak-Tiger's consistency records are at least as impressive as his majors and wins to me.)

I'm not going to say that there's isn't anything that the US couldn't have done better in terms of team selection, pairings at the event, or team chemistry. Those each have points up for discussion.

But there remains a lot of volatility in golf performance, even at the very highest levels. Maybe the answer is this: for that week, Europe outplayed the US.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

50 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

That would be one approach.   Another would be to weaken the European team.  If the concept is that the Ryder Cup is a competition between the US tour and the European tour, then make it fundamentally just that.   Any player representing Europe in the Ryder Cup will be limited regarding the number of tournaments they can play on the US tour for the next two years.   Perhaps, limit them to four US tour events.  Accordingly, they could play the three US based Majors and the Players or any other four tournaments.   They must decide it they want to be genuine, dedicated European tour members or follow the American money.  

I realize that it is a bit overboard and not practical.   But, on some level, it just rubs me the wrong way, that the European players get scholarships to our universities, establish residents in the US, play significantly on our tour, but come Ryder Cup week they are dedicated Europeans.  Yes, I know that I should not feel that way and am a bit ashamed that I do, but it does enter my mind.   When I see Poulter doing his antics knowing that he stated he had to play in some tournaments to qualify for the Fed-ex events, it just bothers me.   Heck, they had to convince Casey to return in order to play.  Unlike the US, they cannot use the top eight European tour players to establish a team.  

10 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

That would be one approach.   Another would be to weaken the European team.  If the concept is that the Ryder Cup is a competition between the US tour and the European tour, then make it fundamentally just that.   Any player representing Europe in the Ryder Cup will be limited regarding the number of tournaments they can play on the US tour for the next two years.   Perhaps, limit them to four US tour events.  Accordingly, they could play the three US based Majors and the Players or any other four tournaments.   They must decide it they want to be genuine, dedicated European tour members or follow the American money.  

I realize that it is a bit overboard and not practical.   But, on some level, it just rubs me the wrong way, that the European players get scholarships to our universities, establish residents in the US, play significantly on our tour, but come Ryder Cup week they are dedicated Europeans.  

I agree completely with your last paragraph.  It seems to be common throughout sport too.  Olympic athletes, basketball players, baseball players, are all doing the same thing.

Given the money involved, I don't see a change of that nature taking place though.  I would love to see one world Tour.  Maybe some sort of European / PGA Tour combination or hybrid.  I think that would greatly reduce the number of TPC's used and bring a variety of new markets, courses, course designers, etc. to the forefront.  It's likely not going to happen anytime soon.  I think if anything has the ability to push something like this forward, it would be Olympic golf popularity while becoming a mainstay Olympic competition.

As long as message board fodder keeps the Ryder Cup in the 24 hour news cycle, nothing is going to change.  Anything that generates this level of "buzz" makes too much money for anyone to dare change.

19 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

That would be one approach.   Another would be to weaken the European team.

already been there, it was called the UK team and the US handed us our ass year after year. Got so boring most of the US couldnt be bothered playing in it. So the European Tour came up with a cunning plan, bring in the elite from Europe and name it a European team, they started winning a few and it got interesting for the US again.

If that hadn't work it would have been 'The Rest Of The World' against US then 'The Galaxy' then 'Known Universe'.......just to get a win lol😁

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Archived