Jump to content
Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
BIG STU

Has MGS been reformatted?

GolfSpy STUDque

This thread is being used to update the forum on new changes as they go live. The following message is the first one in this series if you want to jump past the troubleshooting piece of the thread:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/25997-has-mgs-been-reformatted/?do=findComment&comment=483224

 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Recommended Posts

Dassa whole lotta sub-forums! Super thankful for the 'recent content' feature

I'd agree - lots easier than scrolling through forums and subforums.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:


I'd agree - lots easier than scrolling through forums and subforums.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yep, subforums are great for organization, but it makes it easy to miss some juicy discussion if you're not one of those people who click into each one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:


I'd agree - lots easier than scrolling through forums and subforums.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Likewise. One of the things I liked about the MGS forum was it's lack of numerous sub-forums. I 100% understand the desire to better segment posts to keep things smooth and on topic, however it's now more clicking, back clicking, etc. to get to things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yungkory said:

Yep, subforums are great for organization, but it makes it easy to miss some juicy discussion if you're not one of those people who click into each one.

this is why I like the unread section makes life easy

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

this is why I like the unread section makes life easy

That's on TapaTalk right   On the full forum I believe Recent Content does the same thing.   A recent addition to that, and I honestly don't know if Stud put it in--as a way of continuing the Throw Back Days--or if it was automatic, is the Recent Content >This Time Last Year.    Provides a look back at what was going on then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's on TapaTalk right   On the full forum I believe Recent Content does the same thing.   A recent addition to that, and I honestly don't know if Stud put it in--as a way of continuing the Throw Back Days--or if it was automatic, is the Recent Content >This Time Last Year.    Provides a look back at what was going on then.

Tapatalk has it listed as unread content,  but via the website you can also just view unread content.   This is how I read the forum.    I just have the site display all the threads that have unread content and if I am interested or have previously responded I'll take a look.  Only thing you miss is if a thread goes off topic.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cnosil said:

 

Tapatalk has it listed as unread content,  but via the website you can also just view unread content.   This is how I read the forum.    I just have the site display all the threads that have unread content and if I am interested or have previously responded I'll take a look.  Only thing you miss is if a thread goes off topic.  

I think we're talking about the same thing, just a filter option under Recent Content, you can change your stream to everything or content I haven't read.  I usually keep mine on everything, just in case there is a thread I have read and I want to jump back in to make a comment in it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think we're talking about the same thing, just a filter option under Recent Content, you can change your stream to everything or content I haven't read.  I usually keep mine on everything, just in case there is a thread I have read and I want to jump back in to make a comment in it. 

Exactly it's a filter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Just in time for the new year, we're ready to roll out the next change to the forum structure.  We strive to help create the best user experience possible for our members.  With the 2 new mods on board, we took a hard look at areas of relatively high usage and areas of relatively low usage.  Some areas were expanded and others were condensed with the primary goal in mind to spread the load.

The tricky thing about this one is that one change had a waterfall effect on other areas so the change is larger than originally intended.  This is the biggest one yet so it may take a little adjusting.  Rest assured that nothing is goneit's just been moved. See below for the summary:

The Equipment

  • Recent Articles from the Blog
  • Woods: Drivers, FW, and Hybrids
  • Irons and Wedges
  • Putter Buzz
  • Balls
  • Shafts
  • Bags and Carts
  • Golf Apparel (Fashion & Style)

MyGolfSpy University

  • Lessons, Drills, Mental Game, and Fitness Tips
  • Training Aids, Apps, and Gadgets
  • Golf Rules Discussion
  • Club Fitting and Repair
  • DIY Golf Projects

 

As you can see, some sub-forums have moved between or into these two areas.  This should give the forum a more condensed look without having so many areas to choose from.  As the waterfall continued, now is the time to roll out the Member Community.  This will be an expanded place to connect with each other on all levels.  One of the great things about MGS is you can get to know others beyond their playing specs and truly get to know them.   

We have additional ideas for the Member Community that will roll out at a later date once finalized.  For now, please see below for the summary of changes to the current state:

Member Community

  • Introduce Yourself
  • What’s in your bag?
  • General Q&A
  • Coupons and Contests
  • Classifieds
  • Arrange a Game with Fellow Spies

 

As a staff, we recognize the fact that change is not always easy.  We debated hard about these changes and have come to agreement that we feel this is the best path moving forward.  If you're having issues getting adjusted,  @GolfSpy Stroker @GolfSpy MPR @Golfspy_CG2 and myself are here to help.  Shoot us a PM or comment in this thread and we'll help you work through.

Where would we put threads on golf courses, travel experiences, and pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Where would we put threads on golf courses, travel experiences, and pics?

Kenny,

Right now, these forums are what you're looking for:

Screenshot_20190101-220048.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is the new forum more confusing than the old one. Now it seems like there are 4 different subforums for people to talk about a specific clubs, leading to extremely fragmented discussions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×