Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stay with iPhone X, or move to Samsung???

PMookie

I’m out of warranty by 11 days and the iPhone X camera needs repair.... POS. I’ve had iPhones for years, but is it time for a Samsung??? Thinking about all things: apps, internet usage, photos, streaming, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Android people will definitely tell you to come to their side. I'm not gonna try to sway you from one side or the other but I'll give you basic info I know:

-The X was pretty widely regarded as an issue prone phone. Part of the price you paid to be an early adopter. I chose the 8+ over the X when I last upgraded because I dug really far into the X and it seemed to have too many issues. 

-The new iPhone X series appears to have fixed many of the issues the original had. 

-iPhones talk better to each other for Sharing and communicating than Androids do. If many of the people in your life have iPhones, that could be a big reason to stick with Apple. 

-Android will be more customizable but also more prone to bugs. I have a good friend that switched from iPhone to Android, loved it at first, then couldn't switch back fast enough once the bugs started to show. 

-Androids do a better job of making you really feel like you got something new each upgrade. Since you've had iPhone for years, you've grown accustomed to the common interface where an iPhone is an iPhone is an iPhone. If you're looking for new toys to play with, Android is your play. 

All the rest mostly comes out in the wash. There's many apps that work way better on Apple than Android but Android has a number of cool apps you can't get on iPhone. 

Disclaimer: I've had both. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Wait for the iPhone 11. I am going to nurse this iPhone 7+ till September.

If they use any of the ideas they did with the new iPad it will be that “revolutionary” product they’ve been missing for the last few years.

I personally want to barf every time I see that notch on any phone, iPhone or Android.

It’s 2019 in a few days and you have the world at your fingertips but they can’t figure out how to hide a camera?

Android people will definitely tell you to come to their side. I'm not gonna try to sway you from one side or the other but I'll give you basic info I know:

-The X was pretty widely regarded as an issue prone phone. Part of the price you paid to be an early adopter. I chose the 8+ over the X when I last upgraded because I dug really far into the X and it seemed to have too many issues. 
-The new iPhone X series appears to have fixed many of the issues the original had. 
-iPhones talk better to each other for Ssaring and communicating than Androids do. If many of the people in your life have iPhones, that could be a big reason to stick with Apple. 
-Android will be more customizable but also more prone to bugs. I have a good friend that switched from iPhone to Android, loved it at first, then couldn't switch back fast enough once the bugs started to show. 
-Androids do a better job of making you really feel like you got something new each upgrade. Since you've had iPhone for years, you've grown accustomed to the common interface where an iPhone is an iPhone is an iPhone. If you're looking for new toys to play with, Android is your play. 

All the rest mostly comes out in the wash. There's many apps that work way better on Apple than Android but Android has a number of cool apps you can't get on iPhone. 

Disclaimer: I've had both. 

Thanks! I had an HTC Droid years back and loved it, but iPhones since. I’m used to the interface, and do hear about all of the issues with apps that Android has, and sharing video from iPhone to Samsung is pretty impossible, so sharing between the wife and I won’t work. I just LOVE the screen clarity with the new Note!!! Video is silly good.

Pixel 3!

Can that communicate with iPhones???

I like Apple because it works.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I'm Android through and through but honestly, they're both good operating systems. I was shocked when I started working at Red Hat (the home of Open Source) and saw so many iPhones and Macs.

Even though I haven't rooted a phone in years, I like that I have the option. Stay free!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Wait for the iPhone 11. I am going to nurse this iPhone 7+ till September.

If they use any of the ideas they did with the new iPad it will be that “revolutionary” product they’ve been missing for the last few years.

I personally want to barf every time I see that notch on any phone, iPhone or Android.

It’s 2019 in a few days and you have the world at your fingertips but they can’t figure out how to hide a camera?

I have an iPhone 4S, and I can't afford to wait!!  Got to get something after Christmas; either iPhone 8 or XR, can't decide.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Huh?

It Google's flagship phone. Runs stock android. Best smartphone camera on the market. Gets software updates immediately when Google releases them rather than months later like Samsung

https://store.google.com/us/product/pixel_3?hl=en-US

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tomsguide.com/us/pixel-3-vs-iphone-xs,review-5856.html

I had an Android and switched to an iPhone once I thoroughly researched privacy Apple vs Google, no comparison IMO. Anything that’s “free” online, like Android, is monetizing your personal info, may be in the aggregate, may not - but they’re not providing free apps/services out of the kindness of their hearts. They all use personal data, and none are perfect - but where Apple uses only what it needs to help personalize the user experience and keeps even less info, Android mines and keeps everything they can no matter what settings you may choose. They’ve been known to capture info from emails and other apps. Samsung phones are at least as good as iPhones, it’s Google’s data mining I avoid where possible. YMMV

+1 on Apple. Plus a lot easier to opt out of advertising than google.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm a loyal Apple user, the security and privacy on Apple are so much better. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

As stud mentioned, android people are going suggest Android and Apple people are going to suggest Apple. For every link someone posts showing one website recommending and android, someone else will link a site that recommends an iPhone

There's no wrong answer. It's strictly personal preference.

I have a new Xs max and have been enjoying it but if I were to move away from Apple again (last Android was note 3) it would be for the google pixel 3 for sure. One of the reasons I have stuck with my iPhone is the Reliability i have had with them and the fact I have other Apple products so everything syncs up nicely. 

Dont know what kinda apps you need/use but I’d be shocked if they weren’t on both platforms

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I've been using android since the iphone 5. I have since switched my computer and everything to Samsung. I would like to say that I have used most operating systems and I like the simplicity of apple but hated using safari. I do not like how Google shares everything but I've had gmail for so long it would be hard to switch email. I do like things about apple especially since I've been editing videos but Samsung cameras seem to be a step ahead of apple. Good luck with your choice.

I've used apple phones since the 4 and a couple weeks ago I went to upgrade to the latest iPhone and walked out with a note 9 and I love it.

I wish I had more specifics about what i love but it feels like "grew up" and got an adult phone.

Sent from my SM-N960W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Personal preference is personal preference.

True. Give me the Note with iOS and I’d be a happy camper.

I feel like the hardware from Apple is stuck in the Stone Age. But I’ve been using the software for so long I wouldn’t even want to try to get used to anything else.

Just like when I was a kid... Burger King Whopper and McDonalds fries... can’t ever get that combo, so you had to settle for one or the other.

Same goes for everything I guess.

Maybe I’m being petty but years ago I was burned by Samsung. I’ll never touch another product that has their name on it. Now that I’ve vented my useless story...

Look for the features that are important to you. One thing I care about is the camera. I’ll always have a phone that does well in this arena. Some folks need storage space, SD cards are important to them. Know what matters to you, make sure that box is ticked.

Android vs. iOS? Unless you are a real geek it really doesn’t matter that much. Although I’ve been a techie since ‘82 that doesn’t make me a geek. I don’t care enough about it. Sounds like to me Hardcore Looper is a geek, I can hear it in his vocabulary. Even though I’m not a geek, we’d get along well. We speak the same language.

Is one right and the other wrong? Of course not! Just a little different.

Someone mentioned that being on the bleeding edge can be painful, they are very right. Keep that in mind. I’m about to pick up my first iPhone. Not the new ones but an 8. I’ll stay a step away from the unproven

43 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Maybe I’m being petty but years ago I was burned by Samsung. I’ll never touch another product that has their name on it. Now that I’ve vented my useless story...

Look for the features that are important to you. One thing I care about is the camera. I’ll always have a phone that does well in this arena. Some folks need storage space, SD cards are important to them. Know what matters to you, make sure that box is ticked.

Android vs. iOS? Unless you are a real geek it really doesn’t matter that much. Although I’ve been a techie since ‘82 that doesn’t make me a geek. I don’t care enough about it. Sounds like to me Hardcore Looper is a geek, I can hear it in his vocabulary. Even though I’m not a geek, we’d get along well. We speak the same language.

Is one right and the other wrong? Of course not! Just a little different.

Someone mentioned that being on the bleeding edge can be painful, they are very right. Keep that in mind. I’m about to pick up my first iPhone. Not the new ones but an 8. I’ll stay a step away from the unproven emoji6.png

Actually, I've moved into management and kinda lost my geek card.  I understand it well enough to sell it and manage engagements, but it'd take some work for me to actually be able to do it for a living.  I still tinker with stuff though.

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Everything has more capability than my 4S, but they are all huge!  I don't know that I can adjust.

Kenny - Check out the iPhone SE.  It's a huge upgrade over the 4S, it's not much bigger, and it's pretty cheap.  My wife has one and loves it.  I bought one when I was told that Arccos wouldn't work on my Android phone (oops), and I still like to use it for Arccos because it's so small in my left front pocket.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Everything has more capability than my 4S, but they are all huge!  I don't know that I can adjust.

My Samsung s8 is smaller than the s6 or s5 my parents have. I refused to get something with a + or that is a note I do not need a tablet in my pocket. Heck if I could get a flip phone that had a good camera and I could use for pandora I'd go that route.

I’m posting this from an iPhone6 that was given to me by my (now) old company so that that fwiw. Bought a couple of iPads and got my wife an iPad Pro that lasted less than 2 years due to a battery glitch. I tried to get it fixed and Apple basically told me I had to replace it. They gave me $285 at Best Buy in store credit for a $1,000 device. Bought my wife a Windows laptop as a replacement. I got a Google Chromebook when my IPad that I paid $500 for stopped upgrading over 2 years ago.

I was sold Apple products based on the fact that they may cost more but last longer. That’s total BS with iPad and iPhone. Now they hope your phone breaks in a year or less so you’ll drop $1k on a new toy that will only last a year or two.

Apple is essentially dead to me for that reason. I’ll use this iPhone until it dies and buy something cheaper that will work for more than a couple of golf seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
9 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Kenny - Check out the iPhone SE.

Apple has stopped selling the SE. I would imagine that support for it will be dropped at some stage as well.

I'm an Android guy and my brother is a fan boi, big time. If Apple sells it he's got it.

Chanin and I currently have Galaxy S7's but we will be able to upgrade in February and will be getting the Pixel 3. I'm done with Samsungs bloatware and our only decision now is do we go Google Fi or Verizon. I'm hoping Chanin will be on board with Fi.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I’m holding out. Either for the SE2 (rumors are it’s coming in March) and there are rumors it’s all done. They are missing out on a large chunk of the market by not having that smaller price tag. The XR seems to be going the way that the 5c did...

Or

The iPhone 11. I don’t care about bezel to bezel screens. That new iPad is a beauty. Just make the phone look just like it and you have the perfect phone... for apple faithful.

Just no more notch, and give me support for the pencil....

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, PMookie said:

I’m out of warranty by 11 days and the iPhone X camera needs repair.... POS. I’ve had iPhones for years, but is it time for a Samsung??? Thinking about all things: apps, internet usage, photos, streaming, etc.

I am not an "OS" snob but I am rather brand-loyal. My career (now 32-years in) has taken me from one Motorola shop to another and I've owned just about every major model of Motorola phone from the start...the "brick", the slim-line, original flip, Star-TAC, original Droid, etc. just to name a few. Working for Motorola endorsed shops, it just makes sense to carry Motorola-branded products. Now I know the Motorola branded smart-phones of today (even if you can still get one) are not so popular as they once were, but I've only had to own 3 of them from the start of this type of generation that started around 2010. Within that time span, I bet my wife and daughter have been through about 20 iPhones between them. Whether is was bad displays, bad batteries, locking-up, or most notably "Oooh, the new iPhone (insert model) is out!" syndrome, or whatever, it seems that for some reason they find themselves constantly upgrading. I just laugh at them while my money evaporates (unfortunately that's not so funny) in order to accommodate their "needs" while I truck along with a fairly abused MOTO Z with zero issues.

To each is own, but I just don't see the basic reliability of Apple being all that good (I'm sure there are exceptions). But more so is the culture Apple has instilled in this generation of users which seems to tell you that last years' model (that you waited in line for 3-days before release) is a piece of crap compared to this year's model, so buy me now...again...some more! IPhones just seem disposable to me and at what, a $1,000.00 a piece, they are sure expensive to rotate like underwear...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I bought the pixel 3 and am loving it. And am really starting to enjoy all that Google can do. Now I'm thinking about Google home and the products that come with it.

" hey Google,....." 😀😀

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Well I'm going to agree with those good pixel votes. I swapped from Apple to Google and it's been a great decision. Couldnt ask for a better phone and amazing picture quality.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Archived