jlukes

2019 Callaway Apex & Apex Pro Iron Thread

Our Sponsors

Are these the “Xander Schauffele” irons?

Just now, Shankster said:

Are these the “Xander Schauffele” irons?

Yes, he was playing the protos months ago

Yes, he was playing the protos months ago

Yeah figured. I remember the internet going insane over them. Too bad these ones are chrome plated.
  • Like 3

MUST HIT THESE NOW!!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

MUST HIT THESE NOW!!

NOW!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

On 1/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, Shankster said:

Yeah figured. I remember the internet going insane over them. Too bad these ones are chrome plated.

Yeah, not a fan of chrome either. And man irons are getting expensive!!!

It is interesting how people have different opinions, I personally love the chrome look on the irons. Irons should just be black and chrome! Can’t wait to hit these.

I'm especially looking forward to hitting the Pros. I'm not a huge fan of the chrome, but I like the simple styling. 

Haha, I hit them today. Neener neener...

they were pretty nice, hit the flashy too. Meh. I was kinda pooped out tho when I was hitting it after hitting 6 different irons,  so I didn’t really get any great hits on the flash 3-wood.

I really want these in the black finish!

Anyone hit these against the xforged '18?

Anyone have other smoke Callaway clubs to talk about the longer term wear of the finish?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm interested in these as well.  I've been gaming Srixon Z745's for a few years now.  I'm thinking about testing the waters this year, but it's going to be hard to beat the 745.

2 minutes ago, lungbuster said:

I'm interested in these as well.  I've been gaming Srixon Z745's for a few years now.  I'm thinking about testing the waters this year, but it's going to be hard to beat the 745.

7x5 and 5x5 are some of the best irons on the market in looks, feel and performance in their respective categories.  Curious what would make you want to test the waters?  I agree they will be hard to beat.

the design of the non apex pros mst give you added distance over 745 and maybe even 5x5 but for me on looks and price of the apex release has me not even looking at them. I can find similar or better performance in a better looking package and price tag 

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

7x5 and 5x5 are some of the best irons on the market in looks, feel and performance in their respective categories.  Curious what would make you want to test the waters?  I agree they will be hard to beat.

the design of the non apex pros mst give you added distance over 745 and maybe even 5x5 but for me on looks and price of the apex release has me not even looking at them. I can find similar or better performance in a better looking package and price tag 

Really just to see if there is anything that may "feel" better or perform better.  I'm going through some swing changes so maybe something that fits better.  I'm not a club hoe, I like to find what works and stick with it, but if there is improvement to be had, it's worth searching.  I'm not looking for distance, just fit and feel.

• Like 1

Really just to see if there is anything that may "feel" better or perform better.  I'm going through some swing changes so maybe something that fits better.  I'm not a club hoe, I like to find what works and stick with it, but if there is improvement to be had, it's worth searching.  I'm not looking for distance, just fit and feel.
You looking at the regular or pro version?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would lean towards the pros, mainly because of less offset.  That’s one of the bigger things I’ve always liked about my Srixons, on top of the turf interaction with the VT Sole.

I still have the CF16's and they're such a great iron set. Might have to add these to my list of "must hit" iron sets for this year. But to echo some of you, not too crazy with the look. They don't look bad but they don't necessarily catch my eye.

Mine shipped out and will arrive Tuesday.  Looking forward to playing them.  Apex CF19 6-G with KBS Tour Graphite 70g shafts.