Sluggo42

Sub70 golf

Here are some of my numbers with the Sub70 4 wood from the other day. We didn’t hit many as it was windy but I really like the way this club flys. I’ll take 268 all day long.

IMG_9964.thumb.PNG.dc4fd536b27b78d541d47d7d2b54f47a.PNG

IMG_9924.thumb.JPG.dd4341067562cc79e0ea43d36ff0f288.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

There is zero spin on that for a 4 Wood. What’s the decent angle like? Looks like it’s a bomber, but will it sit going into a green?

On 3/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, Rtracymog said:

There is zero spin on that for a 4 Wood. What’s the decent angle like? Looks like it’s a bomber, but will it sit going into a green?

Right now it is hard to say with it being so wet in the mid west.  I know off of the tee I have no issue hitting it high (at least for me thats above the tree tops).  I will find out if I can get the decent angle.  I got this for more off of the tee.  Lots of tight courses that this will be a great club for. 

• Like 4

On 3/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, Rtracymog said:

It's definitely a lower spinning head and depending on shaft combination could be very low spin. I haven't played a ton with mine yet, but haven't had any issue hitting low bullets or high floaters depending on what I need to do.  It sounds like this model and the original 939X will be included in the Most Wanted fairway wood testing so that is good.

• Like 5

With it being nice this next weekend I will get some more video of the ball flight. Both off the tee and ground.

• Like 2

I hit about ten shots with the demo 639 CB 7 iron yesterday on the range, as I warmed-up to play. I bet if I had a blanket out on the range, 8 of those shots would’ve landed on that blanket! Straight, great launch window: not too high, not too low, a TINY draw of a couple yards, just perfect. Feel isn’t quite as good as my HM Pros when flushed, but the mark on the clubface is pretty much dead center every time I hit the thing.
I’d say these for me well!
I’m thoroughly impressed. I’m hoping to play again later today and get some shots on-course. Crossing my fingers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

I was able to play and hit some shots on-course. Same as what I’ve seen on the range! Great club, and I seem to find the center every time I hit it. If I were in the market for irons, I’d be on a set of these! Really nice!!!!

• Like 7

Another quick check in with the sub70 raw wedges. Starting to get nasty with these things... 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I was able to play and hit some shots on-course. Same as what I’ve seen on the range! Great club, and I seem to find the center every time I hit it. If I were in the market for irons, I’d be on a set of these! Really nice!!!!

56 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Another quick check in with the sub70 raw wedges. Starting to get nasty with these things... 

Thanks for the updates! Our priority is to offer clubs that perform and it's always nice to hear when people are enjoying them!

• Like 4

Was at MGS doing some more iron testing and saw the sub70 fairway woods leaning against the wall.   The pictures here don't do the club justice,  it is a beautiful looking fairway wood.   Looking forward to getting an opportunity to seeing how it performs. 

• Like 5

Was at MGS doing some more iron testing and saw the sub70 fairway woods leaning against the wall.   The pictures here don't do the club justice,  it is a beautiful looking fairway wood.   Looking forward to getting an opportunity to seeing how it performs. 
I don't know about the fairway wood, but this is going in the bag as soon as they have them! AMAZING BLADES! IMG_20190404_151630_722.jpgPSX_20190327_174542.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

On 4/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I have discovered the same thing, actually. These things are fantastic. They feel VERY good. The rust is showing up, and they’re spinning nicely. 

I suspect the Modus Tour 120 shafts are helping, but, they are wicked saucy if you’re a pincher, which I definitely am. And, they look good.

Leading edge is still something I’m getting used to after years of Edel wedges. But, they definitely perform. 

• Like 4

I don't know about the fairway wood, but this is going in the bag as soon as they have them! AMAZING BLADES!

Just don’t appeal to me.

I dig them. I could see carrying the 8,9, and Pw. If they feel anything like the wedges, and why wouldn’t they?, it’ll be nice. 4-7 in the 639’s and I’ll be set

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

Just don’t appeal to me.

They may not be for everyone, but the performance won me over after the first hit. Can't wait for these guys to come out this summer. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Wanted to show a pic from a range session today. This is a 60* wedge. Feels amazing. Spins like crazy. This was after about 5-6 shots. And, all the shots were able to be played. Flop, pinched runner for a quick stop, low piercing shot for a windy day, chip and run, you name it. Not sure what the bounce is, but, it’s feels fantastic.

Seriously, I was spinning range balls like they were Pro V’s. I’ll play tomorrow and see what they actually do with a real ball, and report back. 

Hit the hybrids as well, and I really enjoy those. ProForce V2 shafts, absolute bombers. The wedges though. Wow. If I can get to where I’m truly comfortable with them as I was my Edel wedges, I’ll be elated.

7BC59293-AF1D-43E4-B1A1-253D4788B185.jpeg

Edited by BuddaBlades
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Sent my demo 7 iron back today. I’m not just saying this, but you HAVE to give these irons a shot if you’re in the market for a forged cavity back. These flat-out perform. Great feel, amazing consistency, just a great iron! Seriously, they’re in the top 3 irons I’ve hit this year, and they’re 1/2 the cost of the other 2. No joke, these are LEGIT!
Thanks for letting me have a good month to try these out, guys!!!

Customer service is talked about a lot, and few do it the right way: Sub 70 is one of the best here as well! Great people.
D712EE68-0205-4662-A358-6E1638E61E05.jpg79FB9401-AFD6-4D12-B4C4-1F6A6BD4C7E2.jpg3D402E31-509E-4F5E-817A-3DF053F60A60.jpgFECEBBC7-829B-4CD0-A662-7944317632DF.jpgIMG_8522.jpg1C2E4005-C2FA-4B4C-8EBB-2A740D84E6AF.jpg

• Like 8

Sent my demo 7 iron back today. I’m not just saying this, but you HAVE to give these irons a shot if you’re in the market for a forged cavity back. These flat-out perform. Great feel, amazing consistency, just a great iron! Seriously, they’re in the top 3 irons I’ve hit this year, and they’re 1/2 the cost of the other 2. No joke, these are LEGIT!
Thanks for letting me have a good month to try these out, guys!!!

Customer service is talked about a lot, and few do it the right way: Sub 70 is one of the best here as well! Great people.
D712EE68-0205-4662-A358-6E1638E61E05.jpg.b6477dc7a65348e56a3ae9caf1aa2a8c.jpg79FB9401-AFD6-4D12-B4C4-1F6A6BD4C7E2.jpg.7a2cd228be9848fe8450a6ce5d9d9dca.jpg3D402E31-509E-4F5E-817A-3DF053F60A60.jpg.347ec8ef57ec5ff1e950152a15d00b52.jpgFECEBBC7-829B-4CD0-A662-7944317632DF.jpg.2c3556b71628031c2f628e7c035d333f.jpgIMG_8522.thumb.jpg.6fb864ef822a66d41b2572818854b0ab.jpg1C2E4005-C2FA-4B4C-8EBB-2A740D84E6AF.jpg.48fb31c5136ec7b936fbe01272d2f23c.jpg

I would love to see these as a MGS test opportunity. Great pics

• Like 4