Jump to content
jlukes

Harry Arnett resigning from Callaway

Recommended Posts

End of an era. New General needed to continue the War. I really don’t see how ANYONE can fill his shoes and take it UP a notch. Good dude.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is he ends up at HONMA to help lead their push into North America. Wonder how the inevitable non-compete clauses play into when and where he pops up again 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jlukes said:

My guess is he ends up at HONMA to help lead their push into North America. Wonder how the inevitable non-compete clauses play into when and where he pops up again 

Could totally see that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't want to try and think his way through the damage control I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good call on Honma, but I’m wondering if Bridgestone makes a run at him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridgestone would be a good fit .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Didn't want to try and think his way through the damage control I guess?

The timing is kinda odd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure we will all have plenty of guesses and I'm sure we will all be wrong 😎

So I'll play. My guess is a consumer brand outside of golf.  Either a new company that wants to make an impact or one that needs a makeover. 

You can critize Callaway for a lot of things.  But there is no denying be led the 5 year war as well as anyone possibly could have. 

Some pretty big shoes for someone to fill. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm sure we will all have plenty of guesses and I'm sure we will all be wrong 😎

So I'll play. My guess is a consumer brand outside of golf.  Either a new company that wants to make an impact or one that needs a makeover. 

You can critize Callaway for a lot of things.  But there is no denying be led the 5 year war as well as anyone possibly could have. 

Some pretty big shoes for someone to fill. 

Yeah I had a similar thought to what's in bold. Regardless of the criticisms, the Callaway brand is certainly a power house in the industry and Harry had a lot to do with that. It'll be interesting to see what he ends up doing next!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Vrska posted the other day about a change and now Harry. Wonder if they are teaming up somewhere

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Vrska posted the other day about a change and now Harry. Wonder if they are teaming up somewhere

Vrska is headed to Callaway!!Monday!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a marketing manager and I've truly enjoyed watching what Harry has done with Callaway. Their customer engagement, work with video & podcasts, and messaging has been inspiring. It's made me think about things in an out of the box way when it comes to my own position. Whatever your feelings are about their equipment, release cycles or whatever, Callaway's massive resurgence owes a huge debt of gratitude to Harry. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With what’s happened there lately, I honestly thought this read, “Chaos at Callaway.”

 

IMG_9827.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...